Colliding Ambition

By BroachAngel12

Book 1 in the Colliding Series One Dream, Two Ambitions Katherine Mitchell has grown up around hockey, with... More

Characters + Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Out now; Colliding Friendship

Chapter 24

28.8K 443 382
By BroachAngel12

*NOT EDITED*

How do I fix things?

I mean learning I'd be sharing a hotel room with her gave me hope. But then she decided to give me the silent treatment unless she had to speak to me. 

But when I wake up, I feel a weight under my arms. I already know what it is before I even open my eyes. But when I do I'm met with her sandy blonde hair, smelling like fruit. I can tell from the even breaths that she's still asleep.

This isn't the first time I've woken up like this. The first time she slept over, I'd woken up with my arms wrapped around her body. I stayed like that for a while like I am now. 

I close my eyes and remember what she'd said yesterday before we went to bed.

"You stay on that side, don't go here," She  points to her side of the bed like I'm a 5 year old, I try and muffle a smirk. "And I'll stay on my side."

She moves to the balcony which causes me to furrow my brows. She opens the curtains which I had closed when I came back inside after reading. 

She turns back around, "What?" She mumbles, "I like the feel of the sun when I wake up." She continues to mumble.

I can't lie, it's cute.

I go to 'my' side of the bed and she goes to 'her' side. She looks up at me again, "Stay on your side." She repeats.  shake my head, muffling a laugh.

Katherine shifting causes me to open my eyes. Relentlessly I unbound my arms from around her and shift to the outer edge. I look back at her and see her turn over and now face me, her hair is all over her face.

I resist the urge to move it aside. 

I run my hand though my hair before grabbing the remote and turning on the tv on the lowest volume and then grab my book. The Love Hypothesis. I'm almost done. It's a pretty good book. 

Next thing I know I feel Katherine sit up beside me. I look over and see her rubbing her eyes as she looks at the tv.

"Mornin' sunshine." I say, trying not to laugh at how out of it she looks.

She side eyes me, looking at my chest for a second before back up. "I can't right now." She mutters getting off the bed, "I need coffee." Is what I hear as she starts to put on her slippers.

I put my book back onto the side table and stand up, "I'll go, I'm going to get breakfast anyway." I go to my suitcase and grab a under armour tee.

"Okay you do that." She says going to the bathroom.

When I get to the dining room I see some teammates eating. As I pass they all pat me on the back, so doubt thinking I scored last night.

I roll my eyes as I go to the food bar and grab a stack of pancakes and some eggs with a bagel, I grab some syrup and packs of cream cheese.

When I get back to the room I see Katherine sitting on the bed, writing down in what looks like her planner.

I place her food in front of her which draws her attention. "Wait━how'd you know what I like?" She asks putting down her pen.

I shrug, "This is the only thing you eat in the mornings." I go to the other side of the bed and sit down. I feel her eyes on me, or rather my stack of pancakes, "I don't judge your food, so don't judge mine." I say not even taking my eyes off the tv.

I try to hide a smile when I hear her scoff.

And then she gives me the silent treatment again. I almost apologize again as I've almost done a million times yesterday. But something is holding me back.

When she finishes her breakfast she goes into the shower not even saying a word to me. I finish a couple minutes later. Then I have an idea.

I walk over to the bathroom and see that she didn't lock the door. So I just open the door which is followed by the gasp. "Rohan get out!" She yells.

"Calm down. The shower curtain is black and I can't see through and plus I have things to do too, like getting ready." I say going to the counter and grabbing my toothbrush.

She curses under her breath but doesn't say anything else.

"So Lexi said you got a bunch of offers? Have you gotten one from Boston?" I ask with the toothbrush in my mouth. I know that she wants to play on the Boston Prides.

"Uh, yeah I have." She says reluctantly.

"But..?" I trail.

She's silent. She's silent for so long I think she didn't hear me but then she speaks. "Can you pass me my towel?" She says when the shower stops, I look over and see her hand outstretched. I look over and see her towel, I hand it to her.

Suddenly my hand slows as the shower curtain opens and Kathrine comes into view. Then my hand stops completely. 

The towel does nothing to hide what's underneath. The towel is just about hiding her pussy and breasts. Then my cock starts to swell and get hard. I advert my gaze and continue to brush my teeth.

I hear a chuckle come from her before she goes up to the counter and grabs her toothbrush. 

My eyes have a mind of their own as they go to her breasts then to how short her towel is. When my eyes meet her in the mirror, I see her scowling.

Looking at her blue eyes, I suddenly just want to grab her and take her lips for myself but what happened is stopping me. I open my mouth to apologize like I've done every other time. But nothing comes out.

Katherine finishes brushing her teeth and leaves the bathroom, leaves me with all my unsaid words.

🏒 🏒 🏒

I get into the locker room last. I go over to my usual spot, beside Chase and Kai and Reid.

"So how did it go?' Kai asks once I put my hockey bag down. 

I groan, "It's worse then when she wasn't speaking to me. It's torture." 

Kai chuckles, "Well it's your fault isn't it." I just ignore him even though he's right. 

We all get ready pretty fast and were on the ice within 15 minutes, warming up. The other team seems to have it out for us. 

When the puck drops, our team gets it first. Alex has it before he passes it to Kai who brings it across the line and towards Harvard's net. Suddenly number 56 comes and body checks Kai and grabs the puck.

I'm onto him in a second. Then I recognize 56 as the captain. I maneuver around him causing him to be confused and letting me snatch the puck and turn back around.

I end up getting it in.

And it kind of goes like that for most of the game except when Katherine ends up taking the puck from 56 and makes a goal. I was near her when she did it. We're all skating back to placement when 56 sidles beside Katherine, "Should've stayed where you belong, it's all your good for slut." He hisses.

Katherine freezes, so do I. I wait to see if she does something but she just ignores him and goes to her placement.

I shake it off and go back to the game but then when Katherine gets the puck again, 56 tries grabbing it from her but she dodges his takes. Until he gets pissed off and body checks her and she goes flying head first into the ice. I see her helmet hit her forehead hard. Then the helmet comes off.

Our whole team is at her sides. I'm in front crouching down. She turns her head and looks up at me and what I see makes me fucking mad, I trail of blood is trickling down from her forehead onto her eyebrow. 

I'm up in a second and searching for the fucker. I see him behind my teammates, which I am now pushing through to get to him. I'm throwing a punch before he registers I'm on him.

Our helmets are now off and hands are being thrown. I don't really remember but I do remember feeling my lip split, and blood on my cheek. And I remember 56's face all bloody.

Then I feel arms pulling me off of him and it register that I'm in the middle of a hockey game. 

I'm put on the bench as the team doctor looks at my face. But I'm looking around for Katherine, she nowhere in sight though. 

"He's going to be okay. Just bandage it up." He says to I'm guessing Coach.

Suddenly something hits me on the back of the head. I look up and see Coach scowling down at me, "You idiot. I get he hit Mitchell but now you and her are out of the game."

My jaw goes slack, "What! No way Coach." I point to the other team, "He deserved it and you know it."

"Don't you dare, Griffin. You'll be lucky if you can play Yale." He points off the rink and I know I'm dismissed.

When I get to the locker room I throw my gloves to the wall a groan in frustration. I'm not sorry I did it but I am pissed I'm not playing. Then I remember why I'm not playing and why I punched him. 

My skates and equipment is already off and I'm out of the locker room and heading to the small locker room where Katherine should be.

I see Katherine siting on the bench, her elbows on her knees supporting her head. She looks up when she hears the door close but then looks back down, not before I see dry blood on her forehead, "Go away, Rohan."

I walk towards her until I'm in front of her but she still doesn't look up at me. "Look at me." I say calmly. She doesn't budge. I crouch down, "Look at me, Katherine." I repeat. 

Her head jerks up, "You called me Katherine." She whispers.

I place my hand on her jaw and run my thumb over her cheek. "I did." I whisper back. Katherine places her hand over mine and leans into the touch. "Are you okay?"

She chuckle humourlessly. "Like you care." She tries prying my hand away but I place my other hand on the other side. "Stop it Rohan."

"No."

She groans, "Rohan please." She begs.

But before she could protest anymore I pulled her mouth to mine. A gasp leaves her lips before a satisfied moan is muffled. She reluctantly places her hands at the nape of my neck, tugging the ends of my hair.

Our mouths move in sync before I run my tongue over her bottom lip, then in a flash I bite down on her bottom lip. A surprised moan escapes Katherine before I sooth her lip with my tongue.

She breaks off from the kiss, breathing heavily, her forehead to mine. "Hello there." Katherine says. When I open my eyes I see her looking down and when I look down I see my cock has decided to go all 'stick' on me.

"Shut up." I smirk before bringing her in for more but the door to the locker room opens and Coach Davis is standing there.

"Why am I not surprised." He crosses his arms but his wholly focus is on me. I shrug. "Out, Griffin." He moves to the side making room for someone to walk out, and that someone is me.

I stand up and look down at Katherine, her looking up at me, "To be continued."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 40.6K 57
"I'd much rather have my head between her legs than yours." *** SEQUEL TO CONTRONYM Life is never kind to the broken. Then again, aren't we all brok...
33.5K 1.3K 44
It all started with a kiss... CALLUM SLADE had only known one thing: hockey. That's until he met her. Always in pink and spreading sunshine, Kate Bla...
18.7K 249 17
He's gorgeous. He's reckless. And he's every woman's dirty fantasy in the state of California.., except one... Quinn Ashby. Recent graduate of Penn a...
754K 9.3K 25
Alina Bardot is a very talented figure skater. But her coach is having problems with her speed and hires a hockey player to teach her to be faster. ...