The Lost Emerald Soul [Fantas...

By TheHinokami

Trapped in this new world Izuku Midoriya set off to explore the unknown with a burring desire to try and live... More

Evil's Last Laugh
Through The Forest
Izuku Finds Civilization!
Adventure Guild: First Mission!
Reflecting & Understanding Hardships
Building Strength & Decisions
Adventurer Task: Goblin's Lair
Adventurer Task: Reporting In!
Onaia World Encyclopedia [Ongoing Updates]
Adventurer Task: Attaining A New Power?
Adventurer Task: Calm Before The Storm!
Adventurer Task: Goblin Suppression?
Adventurer Task: Demonic Goblin
Adventure Task: Emotional Moments
Letting Go, Forward!

Gathering Information & Gear!

1.3K 51 8
By TheHinokami

3rd POV:

"UGH!" Izuku shouted out loud while standing guard on top of the town's wall for what felt like the millionth time so far which just pisses himself off. It has been roughly 4 months since Izuku had arrived in this new world which has only led to him being indebted to that stupid captain of the towns guard. Although not everything was a complete lost in regards to finding the town of Godmouth since he had access to more people, information, food, and shelter. One of the biggest things that Izuku had learned of was what the world was called by the locals. The name of the world according to the residents of Godmouth was, Onaia which means God's Cradle or so the residents told Izuku. God's Cradle left Izuku feeling off as he wonder if there truly was a god and if they had a hand in his appearance in this world even though he knew it was All For One's doing of sending him into the void but he couldn't help the what-if's that plagued his mind. Regardless, he was also able to gather more information regarding the landscape of the world but this town only had limited maps so he would have to get one from a bigger city or a capital.

Overall, it was just a map of the overall borders, rivers, main routes of the surrounding territories. As such, it lacked more detailed information but it did give Izuku a overall impression of scale to a degree as well as the fact that he learned that the area he came from was near the boarder between Dunsham, Leighes, and Bruland which was less developed due to monsters in that area. There was also the fact that down the middle of most of this area where Izuku had come from was large mountains that made traveling hard which helped stop wars between both sides of the mountains so it granted some level of peace between the sides. Of course, that doesn't mean war doesn't happen as it is far more common than back in Izuku's home world but people were still more focused on the monsters and keeping the peace as long as a rival country didn't push things to far like invading or hurting people from another land. 

Anyway, outside of learning about the overall land there was some other things that Izuku had gained knowledge of such as currency! In all honestly you would think a world that was split like it was and broken into rival countries would have many different currencies but it didn't! In the past there was indeed different currencies between the countries but with the rise of the adventures guild which remained a neutral party to all countries they created a common currency that could be used no matter what country you were in as the adventures guilds across the world would take it. This meant that other countries lost value in their currencies over time due to how dependent the world was on people fighting the monsters outside of the government taking them on which was costly to use standing armies to do such things since it weakened their defenses again another country! As such, the purity and value of currency became standardized in the following format;

Copper Coin - Lowest denomination of 1 unit

1 Silver Coin = 100 Copper Coins

1 Gold Coin = 1,000 Silver Coins

1 White Gold Coin = 5 Gold Coins

1 Platinum Coin = 100 White Gold Coins

Overall, most normal citizens in this world would never see a platinum or a white gold coin at all since they tend to be used mainly on the national level or for business that earn a large amount of money. For example, Izuku was only earning 15 Copper coins per day of work as a guard for the town but he was also losing 12 of that towards his debt each day for food, shelter, and clothing which was annoying but again most people didn't have a large amount of money unless they were extremely good at something like the adventures. Adventures in this world was similar to how it was in a manga or novel where they would take missions from the local guild and earn money based on the missions or requests that they received and could easily make what Izuku made for an entire week in one day by killing some goblins! The problem though was that you had to be strong and past tests to rank up in the adventure guild to get better requests while there was also a cost of 1 silver coin to even sign up with the adventure guild. The reason there was a cost was to stop random people from getting themselves killed for overestimating themselves in thinking of making a quick payday so the cost was put in place to cover the work of signing someone up in the guild and dealing with random people wasting the guild's time.

Now back to the expenses and income that Izuku was brining in now that we have some base knowledge of the local world and currency! Izuku had to wait a little over half a month to finish healing enough to be considered 'fit' enough for guard duty in the eyes of the captain which was faster than the man thought possible for Izuku. The thing though was that while Izuku wasn't earning income he was incurring a debt for food and everything else! For the roughly 20 days that Izuku was incapable of earning money he incurred a debt of 240 Copper coins which was 2 Silver and 40 copper! Even right now while earning money he wasn't even paying down on the debt since it was going to current expenses though Izuku was sure the captain was charging him more than needed but he couldn't argue right now!

As such with a total of 4 months having been in this world Izuku has earned money for roughly a little more than 3 months of work which means he now has 285 Copper total to his name! Izuku knew he had enough money to go sign up for the adventures guild once he hit 1 silver in savings but there was also the issue of buying gear and food as well since he couldn't take anything from the guards out with him to hunt or do other requests meaning he had to save up even more to get stuff ready. However, now at the start of the fifth month Izuku decided it was time to finally get some gear from the local shops and food so he could set out and become an adventure so he could start paying down the debt to the captain otherwise he would never be free! The sole issue was that he couldn't go far away from the town though to earn money since he was still bound to do guard duty during the daytime so he could only do adventure world after he got off duty and then had to return to sleep before guard duty otherwise he would be reported as on the run from his debt to the Guards which wouldn't be good. This was consider a crime since the guard's was consider apart of the militia which belonged to the nation's government so in reality he owed the country itself the money and not the captain! Anyway, as Izuku gathered his stuff up since his shift on guard duty had finally come to an end, he grabbed his money and headed off towards the center of town where the shops were located at.

'I still have the two blades from the goblins but they aren't in the best condition...' Izuku thought as he walked further into the town market area. The town was not the largest but it was also not the smallest from what residents would say. Overall ,it would place around the middle in regards to population for the entire kingdom but there was also the very small villages and other places that were being built across the nation. One interesting thing that Izuku learned of was that there was a temple in this town and the local temple had a freaking healer who could have healed Izuku faster but the cost was completely out of his range! 'Unless you were a noble or someone really important that could get the service from the temple for free you would have to pay 1 silver to get a healing service done' Izuku thought and Izuku had no idea how good of a healing it would be since he had no experience with magic really in this world. There was also the fact that 1 silver was roughly a months worth of work of being a guard as well so most normal people couldn't afford that at all. 

Anyway, Izuku knew his thoughts were digressing from what he aimed to achieve when he came down to the market place. Turning around a corner Izuku came into a building that a lot of noise was coming out of because it was a very important place in this town as it was the local blacksmith! Any place that wants to grow needs a blacksmith in this world in all honestly because they make weapons, armor, farming tools, and other daily tools that other people need to do their jobs. Of course, you could buy from a traveling merchant but those costed far more than your local blacksmith who could make things more custom to you as an individual for the right price! 

Walking into the store Izuku could see all of the failed creatures laying around but also the successful products as well. Izuku kept himself over to the product area that was put out for the public to look at since he didn't want to annoy the owner of the place as he search for things he needed. Overall, Izuku knew he needed either a better weapon or something to help give him some protection against monsters since he couldn't rely on One For All in this world like he did in his world. The quirk gave him a boost of strength but strength didn't matter if you couldn't fight plus the strength was still growing as he grew stronger and healed more so until he was much stronger in the future and had better food to meet the demand of the quirk he couldn't really use it all of the time either. While looking, Izuku came across a sword that was thrown away to the side and had some chips taken out of the blade near the top of the sword. Overall, it was in relatively good condition but it also had seen better days as well. Izuku wondered what type of sword this was since it looked like it would be used with two hands as it had a double edged on it.

Suddenly a voice called out to Izuku knocking him out of his thoughts, "Oi! Brat, you the new guard that was found outside of the town a handful of months ago aren't you?" said the voice that had called out to him. Turning to the voice, Izuku could see it belonged to a bulky man that Izuku would say was a giant but that would be an exaggeration since Izuku knew he was just shorter than most in his own world which was the same here. "Yes sir. That is indeed me." Izuku responded as he laid the blade down carefully on the table in front of him as the man watched Izuku. 'Pretty sure this is the owner from the looks of it.' Izuku thought as he waited for the man to talk again but the man kept looking at Izuku before turning around and sitting down again at the forge confusing Izuku. As such, he went back to looking at the blade before deciding he would take it since he could pay to have the chips fixed later. Walking around a bit more he grabbed a few other things that would provide some more protection to his body like some arm guards he could attach to his arms and a chest piece. Overall, from what he could gather it was going to cost a bit of his money but he would rather have some protection than none so he headed over to the owner to find out the prices.

'Here he comes.' Izuku thought as he saw the owner stand up and move towards the counter that Izuku was now standing at. "Sir, how much for all of this?" Izuku asked as he tried not to let his voice waver in his experience in buying things for himself in the town. The owner looked Izuku over and then at the equipment and then back to Izuku before he spoke, "You buying this to become an adventure?" the man asked and Izuku nodded his head as he said he had a debt to pay to be free as he had things to do out of this town in the future which was true. Overall, Izuku wanted to search for a way to get home one day though how possible that was going to be was a debate for another day but this world had god damn magic so anything should be possible! Anyway, the owner picked the stuff up and spoke as he told Izuku it was reckless going with such gear to hunt monsters. "I know... I need just basic stuff to provide protection until I can affoard more. I don't plan to go after any powerful monster until I can get better gear but until then I need something to start with." Izuku said and the man just huffed and told Izuku the price. 

Izuku wanted to groan as the total price was going to be 68 copper for everything he had grabbed but it was good to know that price included fixing the blade of the chips which made Izuku a bit happy to get that out of the way. Izuku agreed and handed over the money leaving him with only 217 copper left before he would buy some food for his trips out along with paying the 1 silver for the guilds registration fee. Izuku thanked the man and was about to leave when the owner spoke up. "The name's Miles Raymond, brat... come back when you need more gear if you survive your first few trips out in the forest. Bring me materials and I will reduce the price of gear I make or sell you as well. Though I won't buy everything you may bring in since I'm not the guild." Mr. Miles said before he went back to the forge and started to work again. Izuku stood there in surprise since he didn't understand the blacksmith at all and it confused him on how the man acted but thanked the man regardless before he left to head to the guild since he would get the food supplies after signing up and waiting a few days to get used to the gear before heading out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.6K 1.8K 15
~completed.~ Izuku Midoriya. A name that has been long forgotten. Another statistic. Another reason for a 'we can't save them all' speech. He was bu...
417K 11K 37
Izuku Midoriya was out on a walk one day when he discovered an injured man. This injured man happened to be All Might himself who had just been fight...
2K 70 6
After the war that resulted in the death of the two strongest beings in the world, Izuku Midoriya the Bearer of One For All was deemed by some miracl...
513K 16K 40
What happens to people that don't have quirks in a world full of quirks? What happens to the world when one quirkless person finally snaps? Well... c...