The Unwanted Marriage (UNDER...

By RafahStafford

Ever since Althea Evans's parents passed away from a horrific accident, her life turned upside down. Thea is... More

TROPES
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
33: the Last Day
34: the Promotion
35: The truth of the past
36: Old times
37: Girls talk
38: Upset
39: Arguing
40: Sort things out
41: Made up
42: Family time
43: Baby talk
44: Old bestfriend
45: Surprise
46: Baby names
47: Josh
48: After the kiss
49: School moments
50: Midnight craving
51: Baby's room
52: Pain
53: Numb
54: The Voicemail
55: Nicholas
56: Dinner & Plan
57: The wedding
58: Honeymoon
60: It's time
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter (1)
Bonus Chapter (2)
Bonus Chapter (3)
UNDER EDITING

59: Flashback

16K 478 30
By RafahStafford

THEA'S P.O.V

It was as if time really just went by in just the blink of eyes. I was 33 weeks today, big and bloated with twins. Both boys. We found out when I was only 14 weeks. The thought of having more mini Arthur in the house excites me. I was aware that it won't be easy to raise twins at the same time, but I have got Arthur. We will make it work. We will raise them together.

I was glad that the first trimester had passed, no more excessive nausea. Both Arthur and I could finally sleep in peace without me waking up in the middle of night throwing all my guts out. Now I'm having more cravings, means I get to request everything, including some absurd things. Arthur found it amusing with all my cravings, said that he was more than glad to grant every wishes I wanted. I was grateful with that.

"What's my beautiful wife doing in the balcony?" A gentle arm wrapped around me securely from behind, resting their palm onto my baby bump.

I smiled, resting my head on his chest. "I was watching the sunset."

"Hhmm," I felt him rested his chin on the top of my head. "Was it beautiful?"

"It was. Wish you were here with me to watch it."

"I'll be here, tomorrow, to watch the sunset with you."

"Sounds like a good plan."

He turned me around, pressing his lips onto mine. I closed my eyes, kissing him as much love as he gave.

"I've missed you." I moaned when he slipped his tongue inside my mouth. It had been just a few hours since he left to work, and I have missed him like crazy.

"I'm all yours now." Those were my favorite words, and it was such a turn on to me. Normally it would lead to another exciting activity, but we were aware that we couldn't do that.

I was approximately 2 months behind my due, but I looked like I was already 9 months just because I had twins inside of me. Once I reached 27 weeks, it became a little hard for me to do things. Arthur noticed the change in my body, hence why he restrained himself from making love to me. He didn't want to hurt me. So we agreed to postpone having sex just until I give birth. Well.. 6 weeks after I give birth. But there's always another way to have fun. If you know what I mean.

I laid down on the bed, letting out a sigh once I was comfortable in my position. I felt like I weighted a ton, it even became a little bit hard to breathe.

Arthur pulled my shirt up and planted a kiss on my belly. He loves to give kisses to the twins, talk to them, for a few minutes every nights before we go to sleep.

"Daddy loves you so much, my little sunshines." He rested his head on my thighs, facing my belly. "Just hold on until mummy and daddy meet you, okay?"

I smiled, watching him talking to the twins. It became my favorite thing to see how much he loves our twins already. Even when I was already asleep when he came home, I would still heard him talking to the twins. It was such a heartwarming gesture.

I ran my hand through his hair as he kept telling the twins how much he loves him. Then I heard him.

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom, for me and for you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

Did I hear him right? Did he just sing? Like actually sing? I was stunned. This is the first time I heard him sing. This is the first time that he actually sings. Right now. For the twins. For all I know, he doesn't like singing. Once River, Lily, Arthur, and I went to the karaoke but he refused to sing, even for one song.

Tears built up in my eyes. I can't even begin to tell how much I love this man. He did the thing he doesn't like to do, all for the twins. Just to prove how much he loves them.

I sniffed. "That was fucking beautiful."

He looked up at me and slightly blushed that I just heard him. "I just.. I don't know what came over me."

"That's okay. It really was beautiful. Your voice is beautiful. I wish I got to hear you sing more often."

He smiled. "I'm not used to sing."

"I know," I played with his hair. "Should I be jealous to the twins that they got their daddy to finally sing?"

He let out a chuckle. I was just joking about being jealous. If anything, I'm glad that the twins got to get this side of their father that I haven't seen before. "Don't be. I promise I will try to sing to you more often. Just go easy on me please."

I smirked. "Sure thing."

He rose up to lay down on his side of bed before capturing my lips with his again. "Go to sleep, my darling."

I nodded, feeling myself getting sleepy. He wrapped an arm around me, pressing me to his chest. I closed my eyes to his touch on my back. Then slowly, I heard him singing to me. I didn't recognize the song, but I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

ARTHUR'S P.O.V

It's official. I'm whipped. For this woman.

When I said I have loved this woman with all my heart, this time I have loved her even more now that she is pregnant with twins. With my sons. Mine.

She didn't know this but ever since she is pregnant with twins, I became obsessed with her. I couldn't stop looking at her. I couldn't stop touching her. I couldn't stop admiring her. I couldn't even stay away from her. When I was at work, she was all I was thinking of. It's like I fall in love with her all over again.

She's glowing. She grew more stunning with my twin babies inside her womb, ready to come to this world in less than 2 months. I became more protective over her, I became more cautious for her. It's not that she is weak, but it's the need for me to take care of her when she's carrying my babies. I will do anything in my power to protect what's mine.

Recently I remembered one of our childhood memories, back when Thea used to come to my house whenever her parents went to work. I was so excited whenever she visited because I got to have a friend in the house. Being an only child in the house was lonely for me, so having Thea around the house was fun.

Lola, my nanny, brought me and Thea to the park because I was bored in the house all day. Thea laughed as she was running away from me, yelling at me to try to catch her. What she didn't know is that I was a better runner than her, so it was easy for me to chase her.

"Gotcha!"

She squealed as I wrapped my arms around her from behind, stopping her from running. "No, you can't catch me!"

She laughed hysterically as l tickled her stomach. The sound of her laughs make me happy. It makes me happy that I was the reason why she laughed.

"Please, stop, it tickles." She said in between the laugh.

"I will stop only if you promise not to run away from me again. Got it?"

"Got it!"

I pulled away from her, watching her flushed face from laughing and running. She looked at me then giggled. I smiled looking at her, I'm always happy whenever she is with me.

Not even a minute later, she started to run again, this time she ran faster. I ran to catch her again, it excited me to chase her. I was so close to catch her when she tripped and fell to the ground. She winced in pain, trying to sit up as I rushed into her, panicking.

"Althea, are you hurt?" I asked, looking to find any sign of her being hurt.

When she finally turned around, I saw her knees bleed. She looked down at her knees then started crying. It was the first time I saw her crying, and it crushed my heart. I felt sad, knowing my bestfriend was hurt.

I crouched down beside her, taking a closer look to her knees. Fortunately they were just scratched, but it must hurt a lot.

"Ssshhh it's okay, I'm here. I will take away the pain, I promise." I said as I started blowing her knees so she could feel better.

She was still crying. "Arthur, it hurts."

"I know, I'm so sorry. I will make it better. Just stay strong, okay?"

She just nodded in response as I kept blowing her knees. Not long after that Lola came to help us. She took out something from my bag, some tissues and stuff. She assured Thea that it will be okay.

"Sweetheart, I'm gonna clean your wounds with water to remove the dirts. It may sting a bit so I'm gonna need you to be strong, can you do that for me, sweetheart?" Lola told her as she got everything ready.

I looked at Thea who looked unsure with the idea of it. She looked scared, and possibly didn't want to be in another pain. So I took one of her hand and held it tight.

"You will be okay, Althea. Just squeeze my hand as hard as you want whenever you feel the pain. I'm not going anywhere." I tried to encourage her. She looked at me for a few seconds before she slowly nodded to Lola.

Lola started pouring some water from the bottle to Thea's knees. Her eyes immediately shut in pain, her hand squeezed my hand. I kept telling her it will be okay, it will be over soon. I couldn't look at her when she was in pain, it makes me feel sad.

When it's finally done, Lola brought us back home where my mother treated her wound so it wouldn't get infected. I'm grateful that my mother is a doctor and she can heal Thea. Thea thanked Lola and my mother before the both of us went to my room.

She was quiet as she took a seat on my bed, her eyes were red from crying. I opened my cabinet and took out some KitKat, her favorite chocolate, before handing it to her. She took it from my hand and thanked me.

"Are you feeling better?"

She took a bite then nodded her head. "Yes. Thank you so much for helping me."

"I will always be here for you, Althea."

Then I remembered the day of our last meeting before her family moved away.

Someone shook my body when I was sleeping. I groaned and rolled over to another side, not wanting to wake up yet.

"Arthur, honey, wake up," I heard my mum said, tapping my shoulder. "You need to wake up, Thea and her parents are saying goodbye."

Hearing Thea's name and goodbye sending me an alert. What does my mum mean Thea and her parents are saying goodbye? Where are they going?

I finally got up and quickly ran downstairs to find my bestfriend. I saw her and her parents in the living room. Her eyes met mine and instantly I smiled at her.

"There you are," Aunt Mathea said when she saw me. I liked Aunt Mathea, she is so nice to me. Then she turned to Thea. "Go say goodbye to him, sweetheart."

She stood up then looked at me. "I- erm.. goodbye, Arthur."

My smile slowly faded. "Where are you going, Thea?"

I felt a hand touched my shoulder. My mum stood beside me. "Arthur, sweetheart. Thea and her parents are leaving to Geneva today."

"What?"

Geneva? Isn't that in another country?

"I know it will be hard for you, sweetheart, but Thea has to leave."

I kept looking at Thea, who looked confused and sad at the same time. "Are you coming back?"

"We are not sure, honey. It depends on Thea's father. When his work is done, we will come back here." Aunt Mathea said.

Thea is leaving me? To another country? For who knows how long? I'm going to lose my bestfriend?

"Does she have to leave? Why can't she stay with us, Mum?" I asked my mum, hoping she would help me to stop my bestfriend from leaving. "She can share the room with me, Mum."

My mum smiled sadly at me. "I'm so sorry, honey. But she can't stay with us. Thea has to be with her parents."

"No, no, it doesn't make sense. She can't leave," I argued then looked at Thea. "You can't leave me, Althea. You are my bestfriend."

She frowned then looked at Aunt Mathea. "Mama, why can't I stay here?"

"Sweetheart, you can't stay here. Mama and Daddy need you to come with us, you are our daughter."

My mum turned to me, rubbing my back. "Honey, you will see her again one day. She's not leaving forever."

I started crying, the idea of being away from my bestfriend hurt me. Thea can't leave me. Who's going to be my bestfriend if she leaves? Who's going to play with me if she's not here?

"Oh honey, I'm so sorry."

I kept looking at Thea through my tears, hoping she would understand me. "Please don't leave me."

Thea started crying too. The both of us were crying like we didn't want to be away from each others. Aunt Mathea picked her up in her arms and took her away, I started screaming, begging her to come back. My mum held me back from going after her. I fought to free myself from my mum but I couldn't move. I watched as Thea was taken to the car, she was crying, reaching for me.

Then it happened, I watched as the car left. I watched my bestfriend left me. It was the day I lost my bestfriend.

"Why are you smiling like that?"

I looked over to find Thea looking at me with a confused look. My smile got wider as I just had a flashback of our childhood. I couldn't believe I once forgot that we were bestfriends. That we had known each others since we were kids. Thea was my first bestfriend, the first girl I was protective over, the first girl I loved.

"I just had a flashback of one of our childhood memories."

She closed the book she was currently reading. "Really? Tell me about it."

I smiled then began telling her that one memory when she moved away. She giggled as I told her the story, she admitted she didn't really remember it but was awared that she used to get sad to have to leave me.

We ended up spending the rest of the nights reminiscing our childhood memories, ones we still remember.

Our childhood time was limited, I think it was only around 3 years. I remembered how heartbroken and lonely I was when she moved away, not having her with me again for years. By the time I got into high school and learnt more about friendship and high school stuff, I started to forget about her.

Looking back at it right now, it still feels unreal to me that the bestfriend I used to spend the days with when I was around 9 or 10 was now my wife, who is now pregnant with my babies. The world was too small. Our fate was.. crazy, and great.

I slung an arm around her, bringing her closer as I pressed my lips onto her. No words can describe how much I love this woman whom I call my wife. How amazing this woman to me, how much I'm willing to do anything to make her happy.

"I love you so much, my beautiful wife."

I felt her smiled on my lips. "I love you more, my Arthur."

*****

Author's Note
Okay okay please don't kill me for being M.I.A. I was studying the whole 3 months to finish my medical school. I passed the first test last week, now the last test is next month so I'm gonna have to study real hard so I can pass the test and finally get that doctor title. Please wish me luck!
In the meantime, hope you enjoy this chapter. I'll try to update whenever I have free time. Thank you for being patient with me!

Love you all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

526K 23.4K 32
[NOT EDITED] "Don't expect anything from this marriage", he declared. "I never did. I can never expect anything from this marriage nor you", she repl...
161K 4.8K 40
"So how does a 'real wife' suppose to behave huh? Tell me Mr. I know everything!" I screamed and he started walking towards me. "Start learning woman...
6M 205K 52
She has it all except his heart. She had done both amazing and ridiculous things but was still treated as a wallflower. She's been a good wife. Bu...
10.9K 242 37
All of her life, she thought to marry a romantic man who could take care of her till death and didn't care about wealth that much. A man which she co...