Young Justice : Hero of Heroes

By ChildOfBeast13

(Y/N), a normal boy who has admired heroes ever since he was 5, but it was impossible for him to become one... More

Bio
Season 1 Chapter 1 : And Then There were 10
Season 1 Chapter 2 : Independence Day
Season 1 Chapter 3 : Fireworks
Season 1 Chapter 4 : Welcome to Happy Harbor
Season 1 Chapter 5 : Drop Zone
Season 1 Chapter 6 : Schooled
Season 1 Chapter 7 : Infiltrator
Season 1 Chapter 8 : Denial
Season 1 Chapter 9 :Downtime
Season 1 Chapter 10 : Bereft
Season 1 Chapter 11 : Ghostfreaked out
Season 1 Chapter 12 : Kevin 11
Season 1 Chapter 13 : Homefront
Season 1 Chapter 14 : Alpha Male
Season 1 Chapter 15 : X = Y/n + 2
Season 1 Chapter 16 : Humanity
Season 1 Chapter 17 : Failsafe
Season 1 Chapter 19 : Secrets
Season 1 Chapter 20 : Misplaced
Season 1 Chapter 21 : Coldhearted
Season 1 Chapter 22 : Framed
Season 1 Chapter 23 : Agendas
Season 1 Chapter 24 : The Alliance
Season 1 Chapter 25: Hero of Heroes, (Y/N) 10,000!
Season 1 Chapter 26 : Usual Suspects
Season 1 (Finale) Chapter 26 : (Y/N) 10 Vs Vilgax
(Y/N) 10: Secret Of The Omnitrix - Part 1
(Y/N) 10 : Secret Of The Omnitrix - Part 2
(Y/N) 10 : Secret of the Omnitrix - Part 3
(Y/N) 10 : Secret Of The Omnitrix - Part 4
Season 2 Chapter 1 : (Y/N) 10 Returns
Season 2 Chapter 2 : Earthlings
Season 2 Chapter 3 : Alienated
Season 2 Chapter 4 : Bloodlines
Season 2 Chapter 5 : Good Copy, Bad Copy
Season 2 Chapter 6 : Darkest
Season 2 Chapter 7 : Before The Dawn
Season 2 Chapter 8 : True Colours
Season 2 Chapter 9 : War
Season 2 Chapter 10 : Complications
Season 2 Chapter 11 : Intervention
Season 2 Chapter 12 : Ultimate Alien
Season 2 Chapter 13 (Finale) : It's Hero Time!
Season 3 Chapter 1 : Princes All
Season 3 Chapter 2 : Royal We
Season 3 Chapter 3 : Eminent Threat
The Future Of This Book
Malefactor

Season 1 Chapter 18 : Disordered

2.7K 76 13
By ChildOfBeast13

Inside of the cave, the entire team was sitting in the kitchen with sad looks on their faces. They were all still reeling from what had happened inside of the training exercise. Captain Marvel, Martian Manhunter and Red Tornado were all watching them from the briefing room when Batman came into the cave.

Computer: Recognized. Batman. 02

Batman: How are they?

Martian Manhunter: I am still shaken by what you and I wrought. One can only imagine how these youths fare.

Batman: I know our virtual reality training simulation went badly, but I'd hoped the team would have rallied by now.

Martian Manhunter: Trauma tends to linger as I know you know my friend.

Batman: Black Canary?

Martian Manhunter: She has her work cut out for her.

============================================================================================

Inside of the lounge, Black Canary was giving a therapy session to Connor.

Black Canary: I can only imagine how devastating it was. Losing your friends, in essence your family, convinced all the time it was completely real. I'm sure it must have been hard for you.

Connor remained quiet.

Black Canary: I understand. You're Superboy. You're not supposed o have feelings of sadness or vulnerability.

Connor: You don't know what I feel!

Connor storms out of the lounge.

Black Canary: Connor!

Connor: Just leave me alone!

==========================================================================================

[Timeskip]

Black Canary was giving her next therapy session to Artemis.

Artemis: Look, me dying during the exercise might have started things going south, but I was coma girl. Missed out on all the fun. Getting it wasn't real, so, no trauma. No need for the shrink rap.

Black Canary: You're too tough to need help.

Artemis: Whatever. Maybe.

Black Canary: Or maybe too tough to admit you need help. Artemis, it's not a sign of weakness to open up to your friends.

Artemis: *slightly frustrated* I know that.

Black Canary: But you still keep secrets from them.

Artemis: And you won't tell them! You can't!

Black Canary: I won't. But you should. You could start by admitting you're not really Green Arrow's niece.

Artemis: Great. Let's tell the world famous super hero that. 

Black Canary: Interesting. So, the person you're most worried about it Y/n.

Artemis hears this and is left stumped by Black Canary's response.

===================================================================================================

[Timeskip]

Next, Black Canary was giving Kaldur a therapy session.

Kaldur: I was the general but behaved like a soldier and sacrificed myself. I am not fit for command and must resign as team leader.

Black Canary: Who do you recommend take your place?

Kaldur: Artemis it too raw and untrusting, Kid Flash too rash and impulsive, Y/n 10 too cocky in the Omnitrix, Miss Martian remains too eager to please, Superboy carries too much anger.

Black Canary: Making Robin the logical choice.

Kaldur: But he is so young.

Black Canary: Kaldur, you're all young.

Kaldur: I cannot shift this burden to him. Not yet. It appears I must withdraw my resignation.

==========================================================================================

[Timeskip]

The scene changes to Black Canary giving Y/n a therapy session but she was confused by something he said.

Black Canary: *confused* So, you want me to believe that after everything you went through....you're fine. Even with your violent reaction to Artemis' death?

Y/n: Yep. It was just a training exercise, we're all fine nobody's actually physically hurt so it's all fine. *chuckles* It's kinda funny, all of us freaking out over nothing.

Black Canary: Hmm. You're making all this sound like a big joke, and from what I just saw and heard, sounds you've been treating the things like a big joke for quite a while.

Y/n looked down in silence.

Black Canary: Y/n, that isn't a bad thing. Humor is way for someone to be coping with trauma. Question is, how long have you been doing this? 

Y/n kept his head down and was still silent as he knew the answer.

==============================================================================================

[Timeskip]

The scene changes to Black Canary giving Wally a therapy session but she was confused with as she was Y/n.

Black Canary: So, even though you died in a fiery explosion, you're peachy.

Wally: *eating popcorn* I'm, uh, fairly certain I never used the word peachy. But I think you got the gist.

Black Canary: So you really have no interest confronting your death or the fact that Y/n, your best friend, almost lost his life twice?

Wally started choking on the popcorn he was eating till he eventually coughed out the kernel stuck in his throat.

Wally: The Omnitrix protected him from that. Besides, I'd rather talk about you babe.

Black Canary: Wally, you're in denial.

================================================================================================

[Timeskip]

Black Canary was having a therapy session with Robin.

Robin: Hurting? Try traumatized. I finally become leader and wind up sending all of my friends to their deaths. And I know I did what I had to, but I hated it. When we started this team, I was desperate to be in charge. Not anymore. And that's not even the worst of it....you can't tell Batman.

Black Canary: Nothing leaves this room.

Robin: I always wanted, expected to grow up and become him. And the hero bit- I'm still all in, but that thing inside of him, the thing that drives him to sacrifice everything to for the sake of his mission. That's not me. I-I don't want to become "The" Batman anymore.

================================================================================================

[Timeskip]

Black Canary was having a therapy session with M'gann.

M'gann: It was all my fault. Hello megan, who else could take a simple exercise and turn it into a nightmare that terrorizes everyone she cares about?

M'gann skin turns from its usual Martian green to white.

Black Canary: You've turned white.

M'gann: *scared* What?!

M'gann looks at her hands and sees that she overreacted.

M'gann: Oh, you meant Caucasian. Yeah, I'm fine being Megan, but I can't be trusted with my other powers.

Black Canary: M'gann, you're a Martian. Not using your natural abilities is like me refusing to speak. Which, by the way, I tried for a while after my very first canary cry nearly deafened my entire first grade class. So I get how you feel. But not being yourself is never the answer and won't make your feelings of guilt go away. Learn from what happened. Your uncle would be happy to train you. Practice until you gain control and regain your confidence. 

==============================================================================================

[Timeskip]

Superboy came back to the cave and went down into the lounge ready to talk to Black Canary.

Conner: Here's the ugly truth. I wasn't devastated. Even with Superman, Tornado, you, the whole League dead, even though I didn't save Wolf, watched Artemis and Kaldur die and abandoned M'gann, I felt...at peace. From the moment I opened my eyes in that cadmus pod, there's been one thing I've wanted and feared. To know what is to be Superman, and now I know. So I was...I was happy. Everyone I care about dead or traumatized, and I'm happy. How do I get past the guilt of that? How do I live with myself?

Black Canary: I don't have any easy answers, Conner. but one thing's clear. Admitting it, is the first step.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

287K 6.3K 33
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
4.1K 72 26
Knockout is the only Decepticon medic in the ranks with his assistant, Breakdown. Though Knockout has found a better hobby. Street racing with humans...
1.5K 63 12
this is a Errorink story, where everyone is bound to their soulmate by their soul, humans and monsters. Even without a soul, Ink feels a strong conne...
262K 9.1K 100
"intelligence is intuitive you needn't learn to love unless you've been taught to fear and hate" ― Saul Williams {.FredWeasleyxFem!oc.} {.ootp-dh.}...