Azur Lane: Shattered Skies (A...

By Emerarudo_Spurashu

"Oh, him? Yeah, I know him. It's going to take a while." A girl wearing a leather jacket, jeans, and combat b... More

Biography
Squadron Vote
Results
Charge Assault
The Commander's Arrival (Rewritten Chapter)
Cavalry
Grounded
Battle of Farbanti (Rewritten Chapter)
Rest (Rewritten Chapter)
Shattered Skies (Rewritten Chapter)
Twisted Game
Zero (Rewritten Chapter)
Settlements (Rewritten Chapter)
A Night To Remember
Turning Point
Primo Victoria
Aftermath
Midway
Glacial Skies
Mayhem
Screaming Eagles
Night Of The Yandere (Halloween Special) [Rewritten]
Operation: Fisherman
Demise
Daredevil
Cooking A Bird Whole
???
Announcement!
Taking A Break
A Shadow Of The Past (Special Chapter)
Fortunate Son
Votes/Rewriting
Daughter?!
Results
Defensive
Mighty Wings
Cavaliere
A Twist of Fate
Collective Consciousness
A Glimpse Of Another Reality
The Stains of Time
Rules of Nature
Wrath of the Fallen
Dark Skies
Imminent Threat

Cloak and Dagger (Rewritten)

2.3K 49 144
By Emerarudo_Spurashu

"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci

---

Iris Orthodoxy Basilica
Airfield
1545 Hours

"Hey, Commander." Cassandra spoke as she and her squadron slowly got near the runway of the now liberated Basilica.

(Y/n), who was on 12 o'clock high of them, sighed in a bit of annoyance. "What?"

"Tell me a joke." Cassandra said.

"Why?" (Y/n) asked.

"Just to lighten up the mood." Cassandra explained.

"Fine." (Y/n) conceded. "What happens when the CIA goes to sleep?"

"What?" Cassandra inquired.

"They go undercover." (Y/n) replied.

Cassandra smriked. "Not bad."

"You know, Mobius 1, you may be good at fighting but you suck at making jokes." Long Caster remarked.

"I know." (Y/n) admitted blankly.

Approaching the airfield of the Basilica - which is near the docks, the landing gear of (Y/n)'s Raptor slowly lowered. Moments later, he gently landed on the tarmac, the wheels screeching before his speed lowered and taxied to a nearby hangar.

Strider Squadron soon followed and landed after the Ribbon Fighter as they lined up and taxied their planes onto the unoccupied hangars.

The pilots went out of the hangars and analyzed the surroundings. It's their first time to see the Basilica in person, and they were mesmeried with its beautiful structure and design.

However, that doesn't mean that the Basilica wasn't liberated without damages. Shells and bombs from both the Sirens and allied kansens had landed on some facilities and buildings.

Much to everyone's dismay and anger, the cafeteria, ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT assets in most bases, was pounded and was almost buried to the ground. It would take a day or two for the manjuus (don't ask where they came from) to fix it, so they don't have a choice but to build a makeshift cafeteria for now. But who's gonna cook?

"Damn them all..." Cassandra muttered in sadness and fury, watching as the manjuus restored the cafeteria, and mourning for the wasted foods that got buried. "I'll never forgive the Sirens!"

"Just don't say that the cafeteria was destroyed to Long Caster." (Y/n) warned, shaking his head

Cassandra turned her head towards him and tilted her head in confusion. "Why?"

"Just don't." Húxiān answered for him.

---

The Next Day...

Iris Orthodoxy Basilica
Makeshift Cafeteria
August 14, 2019
0800 Hours

"How did we get in this situation?" (Y/n) mumbled as he flipped a slice of meat on the pan.

"Don't ask me." Cassandra, who was beside him and was slicing onions without tearing up, responded in a stoic manner. "Blame Húxiān and Count for telling the others that we can cook.

Right now, the feared Ribbon Fighter was wearing the pants of his flight suit, sleveless shirt, and a pink apron. Cassandra herself was the same, though she was wearing a yellow t-shirt with her 'Three Strikes' emblem printed on the back.

Meanwhile, the shipgirls except for Richelieu since she's not present, are busy staring at (Y/n)'s muscular back. And with his shirt soaked in sweat, it only added to his hotness and atttactiveness, especially to the horny shipgirls. Strider Squadron simply waited for the two pilots to finish cooking.

"Lord Commander!" A small ruby-eyed girl with bluish hair and a very inappropriate outfit had come over to the temporary chefs, handing them clean plates that were stacked in her hand. She was U-556, a U-Boat from Ironblood.

U-556 adorably raised the stack of plates as (Y/n) gently grab the plates and placed them down. He smiled and gave her a gentle pat on the head, causing her to giggle.

"What an adorable child." Cassandra remarked.

(Y/n) nodded in agreement and pulled his hand away, while U-556 was waiting for him to serve the meat.

(Y/n) arranged the plates and began on cutting the meat into thick slices before gently placing them down onto the plates, along with the other dishes that could go along with the meat. He then puts some rice onto the plates before handing them back to U-556, who acted as a waitress and served the food to the waiting customers.

The Ribbon Fighter lets out a deep sigh and removes the apron, with Cassandra doing the same. They watched as the Strider Squadron and shipgirls enjoy their meal, all having the look of satisfaction in their faces.

Now, it's their turn to eat. (Y/n) and Cassandra pulled out two plates that they hide earlier and started eating the contents of the plates.

---

Iris Orthodoxy Basilica
Richelieu's Office
0845 Hours

The Cardinal herself, Richelieu, was on her office as of now, doing some checks on the paperworks that have been distributed yesterday. After that, she began on cleaning around the office - wiping the table, sweeping the floor, and dusting off the nearby shelf.

While cleaning, Richelieu found a photo frame with her and Jean Bart with it. She stared at the photo for a few moments before she placed it back on the shelf.

*knock* *knock*

Richelieu turned her gaze towards the door after hearing the knocks. "Come in!"

The doorknob twisted as the door was pushed open, revealing (Y/n) carrying a tray of several dishes with one hand. "Hey."

"Le Commandant." Richelieu greeted as the mouth-watering scent of the meat tickled her nose.

"I noticed that you weren't in the makeshift cafeteria, so I thought I could find you here." (Y/n) said. "Here, I brought you some breakfast."

"Thank you, Le Commandant." Richelieu smiled. "You can place it on the table."

(Y/n) did so and puts the tray gently. He walked back to Richelieu and noticed the photo on the shelf, which intrigued him about their current relationship.

"How are you and Jean Bart?" (Y/n) asked.

"What do you mean, Le Commandant?" Richelieu asked back.

"Your relationship as siblings." (Y/n) elaborated. "I know about you and Jean Bart's history."

"..." Richelieu frowned. "She's... distant with me. She didn't call me 'sister' even once. It hurts, Le Commandant."

"...I see." (Y/n) sighed. "You didn't join the war between the Azur Lane and Crimson Axis because the French Government convinced you not to, correct?"

"..." Richelieu simply nodded in response.

"That's good, then." (Y/n) said. "Get some rest, Richelieu. I will talk to your sister when I find her."

"...Thank you, Le Commandant." Richelieu smiled at him. "Thank you for bringing the Basilica back to us. And thank you for everything."

"It's not over yet. Trust me." (Y/n) replied and began walking back to the door.

---

Iris Orthodoxy Basilica
Docks
0915 Hours

The seagulls squaked overhead as they fly past the port. The sun had made the atmosphere around a bit warmer, and the sound of the waves crashing against the shore could be heard.

Jean Bart stared at the vast open sea ahead, contemplating her life choices. She thought about the time when the French Government convinced her not to join the war between Azur Lane and Crimson Axis.

If she did join, they would most likely become just pawns for the Ironblood. Or worse, ISAF would deploy (Y/n) and his squadron and then attack them, giving them no chance to fight back. After seeing him in action, she thought that they would be dead before they knew it if he was sent to eliminate them.

And then, there's Richelieu. Their relationship seemed too distant. With her and Richelieu having different ideals, that only added to the problem.

"Thinking about something?" (Y/n)'s voice came from behind her, prompting the battleship to turn around.

"Just taking some fresh air." Jean Bart said.

(Y/n) walked closer and joined to her side. "I've talked to your sister earlier."

"What did she say?"

"That you hadn't called her 'sister' even once."

"..."

"You know, you should improve your relationship with your sister." (Y/n) said.

Jean Bart turned her gaze towards him. "...What are you implying?"

"What I'm trying to say is - you better get along with each other while she's still here. Who knows, she may be gone before you know it." (Y/n) said, emphasizing every word. "You're lucky you still have your sister, Jean Bart, because I already lost mine."

And with that, (Y/n) left the female kansen to ponder with his words. The wind once again blew gently as Jean Bart watched the Ribbon Fighter walk back to the hangar.

'No wonder why he has the eyes of a wounded wolf...' Jean Bart pondered. 'He already lost someone close to him...'

---

Iris Orthodoxy Basilica
Hangar 1
0950 Hours

*insert your ringtone here*

(Y/n) pulled out his phone and picked up the call. "Commander (L/n) speaking."

"Thank goodness you answered!" Emma's panicking voice was heard over the phone.

"Woah, tap the breakes, Emma." (Y/n) calmed her down.

"(Y/n), we have an emergency." Emma added, easing her breath.

"Why? What's going on?" He inquired

"Princess Rosa was kidnapped!" Emma exclaimed.

(Y/n) gasped. "What? How?!"

"Princess Rosa was planning on doing diplomatic visit to Canada when her aircraft was shot down at the Atlantic Ocean. Thankfully, her tracker still works. Her last known location was in the southern Atlantic Ocean, before the signal was lost." Emma explained. "Her escort fighters tried to protect her, but they were all shot down."

"When did this happen?" (Y/n) querried.

"Approximately thirty minutes ago." Emma explained. "An SR-71 Blackbird was sent to survey the princess' last location, and it spotted a newly built Siren base. We presumed that they used teleportation to transport her there. I'll send you the picture of the base so you can plan your operation properly."

"Rog'. (L/n) out." (Y/n) said and ended the call. The Ribbon Fighter climbed up to the cockpit of his Raptor and used the comms of his helmet to contact the others. "All stations, this is Mobius 1. We've got an emergency. I need you to go to the briefing room ASAP."

"This is Enterprise. Solid copy, Commander. We're on our way." Enterprise responded.

Richelieu suddenly came into the hangar. "Le Commandant? What's happening? I came here to talk to you, but..."

(Y/n) climbed out of the cockpit. "Richelieu, do you have some unused military gear?"

"We have on the armory, but I don't think they're still functional." Richelieu said. "Why did you ask?"

"I'm on a business trip." (Y/n) replied.

---

Iris Orthodoxy Basilica
Briefing Room
1020 Hours

(Y/n), who was now on a tactical gear, walked up to the front as the holographic screen lit behind him. "Alright, as much as we can all hear the ice in the glass, I'm afraid our toast has to wait. Right now, we have a problem."

"And what that might be, Kommandant?" Bismarck cut in.

"Rosa Cosette D'Elise, the princess of Britain, was kidnapped." This sentence shocked everyone, especially the Royal Navy ships. He paused a bit before he continued. "Emma called me earlier, and said that Princess Rosa was travelling above the Atlantic Ocean en route to Canada for a diplomatic visit, but she and her escorts were shot down."

The holographic screen showed an image of the Southern Atlantic Ocean, before it zoomed towards a Siren base located in the center of the Southern Atlantic Ocean.

"Southern Atlantic Ocean - this was Princess Rosa's last location. They found her thanks to the tracker attached on her clothes." (Y/n) went on. "Emma said that they probably used teleportation to transfer her there."

"But, why would they left the princess alive?" Count pondered. "They could've just killed her back there."

"Most likely to attract me." (Y/n) simply said.

"Makes sense, considering that you managed to finally kill Hugin and destroy the Orochi." Monarch added. "They were using her as hostage, knowing that you will rescue her."

"The damn bastards are learning." Húxiān cut in.

"This will be a covert operation to rescue the princess. I will only bring a few ships from the task forces. From Task Force Belka, I will pick Bismarck and Eugen. From Task Force Estovakia, I'll pick the First and Fifth Carrier Divisions. Task Force Erusea, I will pick Enterprise, Washington, and North Carolina. And finally, Task Force Leasath - Monarch, Belfast, and Javelin. Strider, you'll come with us." (Y/n) stated.

Those ships who were called transferred to the first and second row seats, while those who were exempted were excused and left the room, leaving the Strider Squadron and the ships that were chosen.

"Alright, here's the plan." (Y/n) said. "As you can see in the picture, heavy anti-air and anti-ship defenses have been placed around the base. It's highly possible that a large fleet would be detected. However, the photo suggests that the defenses are weaker in the eastern side of the base. We'll approach from there, and we will divide into two groups. First, Alpha Team - Me, Enterprise, Akagi, Zuikaku, and Belfast. We will infiltrate the base and locate the princess."

Washington raised her hand. "What about the second team?"

"That where you'll come in, Washington." (Y/n) answered. "Shoukaku, Kaga, Washington, North Carolina, and the others who were not in the Alpha Team will be on Bravo Team. You will provide support should our cover will be blown."

"What about us?" Jaeger chimed in.

"Strider Squadron will provide air cover, and danger-close fire if possible." (Y/n) finished. "This mission will be named 'Operation: Red Rose'. All of you, prepare the necessary things you'll need. That is all. Dismissed."

---

Atlantic Ocean
Eastern Side Of The Siren Base
USS Enterprise (CV-6)
1130 Hours

"That's a hell of a base." (Y/n) remarked, observing the base using a pair of binoculars. He and Enterprise are currently on the flight deck, both are carefully examining the stronghold.

Enterprise, who was also looking towards the base with binoculars, suddenly spotted Sirens patrolling the area. "I got four."

"There are more Sirens inside." (Y/n) commented.

Enterprise adjusted her binoculars to zoom in the view. "More Sirens inbound."

"Watch them." (Y/n) looked towards the Sirens as well. "Seems like they are guarding the place very well. Good thing my weapons are supressed."

"No High-class Siren as of now." Enterprise muttered. "Easy shot."

"Hmm... tempting." (Y/n) placed his binoculars back to the vest and grabbed his rifle, which is a FAMAS with reflex sight and suppressor. After checking the rifle, he pulled the charging handle and lets it go, loading a fresh round in the chamber. He then pressed the communication device on his ear. "All stations, this is Alpha 1. Let's gear up, get evil. Clock's tickin'."

"This is Bravo 1. Solid copy, Alpha 1." Monarch acknowledged. "What's our timeframe?"

"Hours or less." He said. "Alpha 1 to Strider Squadron. How's your end?"

"This is Strider 1. Awaiting orders." Cassandra confirmed. "Good luck out there, Commander."

"Long Caster, standing by. Don't mind me. I'm just gonna eat here." Long Caster followed.

(Y/n) smirked slightly. "Roger that, Strider 1. Hold orbit for now. Try not to choke on your food, Long Caster. Let's go ladies, the bell's rung. Let's see who's home."

(Y/n) and Enterprise looked at each other before they nodded. The carrier then summoned her rigging, allowing him to use her flight deck as he kneeled down on top of it. Thank God he's not that heavy.

Just then, he grabbed a piece of cloth with the same pattern as the camouflage cloth they used in Farbanti Isles. The other members of the Alpha Team had their own as well as they placed it above their head.

Alpha Team began on moving towards the base, making sure to avoid the Siren's line of sights to avoid detection, knowing that they can use thermal imaging.

After a few minutes, they managed to reach the base with no issues. They hid behind a container and took a peek - four Sirens. (Y/n) signalled Enterprise to take out the two on the left, while he would take the others on the right.

With quick succession, they got out from their cover and took out the Sirens before they could react and without alerting the others.

"Nicely done." (Y/n) praised. "Akagi, Bel, take out the trash."

The mentioned kansens waisted no time and threw the dead Sirens in the water. After that, they moved further in the base and came across a metal door.

"Entry's foul." (Y/n) muttered. "We can breach but that will alert the others."

"Leave it to me, Shikikan-sama." Zuikaku declared.

Moving closer to the door, Zuikaku prepared her katana and sliced the lower half of the door. Then, she stabbed the sliced part and pulled it outwards using her sword, before she and Enterprise gently put it down.

"Nice work." (Y/n) motioned towards the now breached door. "Let's go."

They got inside the facility, and was greeted with a long hallway. They went in deeper, careful as not to make a sound. A Siren unexpectedly appeared in the hallway, but she was shot in the head before she could alert the whole base.

"Alright, let's split up. Akagi, on me. Bel, Enterprise, Zuikaku, you go south. If you find the princess, radio us." (Y/n) ordered.

"Got it." They said at the same time.

They did as they were told and split up. Akagi followed closer behind the Ribbon Fighter as they sneaked around. Akagi wanted her alone time with her to be at least more romantic, but at least she's finally alone with him, with no pests on her way.

(Y/n) stopped and lowered his rifle when he suddenly heard some strange sounds. "Akagi, are you sniffing me?"

"No." Akagi said while sniffing him like there's no tomorrow.

"Akagi, stay focused. I know you want a piece of me, but set that thoughts aside." (Y/n) sternly said.

"Hai." Akagi conceded, her ears flopping down.

(Y/n) peeked though the corner and caught the sight of another door, which is guarded by two Sirens. Akagi took the initiative and used her origamis, throwing them like shurikens as the paper crosses struck their heads, killing them instantly.

"Tango down. Good work, Akagi." (Y/n) commended.

Akagi giggled. "Anything for you, Shikikan-sama~"

(Y/n) moved closer to the door. The door slid open, revealing the contents inside, which shocked both him and Akagi - there are mass-produced Hugin and Munin clones inside the room, with wires sticking out from their bodies as mechanical arms worked around their bodies.

"Fucking hell..." (Y/n) cursed. "All stations, this is Alpha 1. I found multiple clones of Hugin and Munin. They're uncompleted for now, but they will be soon."

Long Caster choked on his food. He coughed a few times before he spoke. "Good thing ISAF found this base, then. Destroy them, Alpha 1. They could learn your flying style."

"Affirmative." He replied.

(Y/n) approached the nearby computer module and observed it, before he punched it with full force, breaking it with ease as electric sparks lit around it.

He went to another hallway to the right, with Akagi following suit. They walked silently as they pushed forward, until they came across a room with a large mirror, giving them a clear view of the inside.

Inside the room was an unconscious caucasian female with blonde hair tied in a bun, though it was completely messed up. She was on a metal chair, and her wrists were cuffed in it. Her body was full of soot, and her white dress was slightly burnt and had traces of dried blood. It was the Princess of Britain herself, Rosa Cosette D'Elise.

"Alpha 1 to all stations, we found the princess. We're moving in." (Y/n) reported.

The door slid open as (Y/n) and Akagi approached it. The two got a closer look on the princess. (Y/n) pressed the barrel of his rifle at the cuffs and fired, breaking them effortlessly.

Rosa suddenly gasped as her eyes went wide open and tried to punch (Y/n), but he grabbed the collar of her dress and slammed her to the ground, causing her to grunt.

(Y/n) lets go of her dress. "Congratulations. You are being rescued."

"..." Rosa stared into his eyes, almost giving him a glare.

"Please do not resist." (Y/n) said blankly.

"[INTRUDER ALERT! INTRUDER ALERT! INTRUDER ALERT!]" The alarms blared.

"Godammit!" (Y/n) grumbled. "All stations, this is Alpha 1. Our cover's blown. Proceed to Plan B."

"Alpha 1, what the fuck is happening down there?" Long Caster radioed.

"Usual shit, Long Caster. That's why I hate alarms." (Y/n) replied. "Strider, we could use some help here, but only when I say so. I'm still inside."

"Roger that, Alpha 1. Just make sure that they don't get your sexy ass." Cassandra joked.

"Affirmative. Stand by for now." (Y/n) then looked at Rosa and grabbed her arm, causing her to gasp. "On your feet, Princess! We. Are. Leaving!"

(Y/n) helped the princess stood up. Rosa wobbled a bit before she regained her balance. The physical trauma she had indured from the crash had already taken a toll in her body.

The alarms continued to echo around the hallways of the Siren base. They have already stirred the hornet's nest, and now the Sirens are gonna go for their heads.

A Siren fell on her back as bullets impacted on her chest, and the other that was following her also met the same fate.

"Clear! Move it!" (Y/n) shouted. "I'll cover your six! Go! Akagi, protect her!"

Akagi nodded. "As you wish, Shikikan-sama. Please, be careful."

"No promises." (Y/n) said.

Akagi and Rosa did as they were told and ran ahead, leaving (Y/n) on his own. (Y/n) reloaded took out the empty mag and inserted a fresh one, slapping it into the magwell for style points.

Five Sirens emerged from the corner and spotted him. They locked onto him and prepared their cannons, when a grenade suddnely roll beneath their feet, diverting their attention towards it.

(Y/n) smirked. "Kaboom."

*BOOM*

The grenade exploded, throwing off shrapnel all over the place, and also wounding all the Sirens badly. The Sirens were stunned, but they were not given the chance to retaliate as (Y/n) shot all of their heads, killing them instantly.

(Y/n) pressed the comms device. "Akagi, status report on the princess."

"She's safe, Shikikan-sama." Akagi replied.

"Good - keep her safe. I'll be there shortly." (Y/n) added. (Y/n) checked the corners for potential threats. After making sure the area is clear, the Ribbon Fighter then ran to the same direction Akagi and Rosa went.

While he was running, the wall suddenly exploded, throwing off debris and stopping him dead on his tracks. He was unharmed, but he was startled by the sudden occurance. He quickly aimed his weapon towards the smoke, expecting the worse to happen.

"Commander, what happened?!" Enterprise asked.

"Stay put. I'll handle this." (Y/n) ordered.

"Fufu~ We've finally met, Ribbon Fighter~" A woman's voice loomed over the blaring alarms.

"Who the fuck are you?" (Y/n) asked the unknown individual, slowly moving his finger towards the trigger.

When the dust cloud disappeared, it revealed a Siren with the body of a mature adult female. She had laser cannons much like most Sirens, and had six tentacles forming from her back like Observer Alpha, although more robotic.

"I'm Amiria, human." The Siren introduced herself. "I must say, you're quite brave coming here."

"You're the one who brought me here, by kidnapping the princess. You know that I'm the one who's gonna rescue her." (Y/n) elaborated, his finger already on the trigger.

"Intelligent." Amiria praised. "That's why I love you~!"

"What the- Woman, hold your horses! We just met!" (Y/n) looked at her in disgust.

Amiria launched her tentacles forward in an attempt to restrain him, but (Y/n) was quick enough to dodge them thanks to his quick reflexes, hitting and damaging the wall instead.

One tentacle managed to get a hold on (Y/n)'s arm. However, the Ribbon Fighter swiftly pulled out his knife and swung the blade upward, slicing the tentacle off his arm, and spilling yellow liquid on his gear and onto the floor.

"Impressive~" Amiria commended, not bothered by the damaged tentacle as she retracted them back.

"Cut the crap!" (Y/n) screeched and picked up his rifle. "What do you want from me?"

"I want you, Ribbon Fighter." Amiria said.

"...What?" (Y/n) was perplexed.

"You heard me right. I want you, (Y/n) (L/n). Nothing more!" Amiria declared, her face turning into a yandere look. "When the Empress ordered me to monitor you, I did what she was told. When I saw your face, I quickly fell in love with you! You are the most beautiful being I've ever seen in this universe!"

"Heh. And here I though Sirens were simply nothing but cold-hearted assholes, beings bent on genocide." (Y/n) scoffed, secretly pulling out grenades. "Never knew you could love."

"Humanity can go extinct for all I care, as long as I have you!" Amiria giggled creepily. "I only want you, (Y/n). But then, I realized... You're my everything, but I'm not yours!"

"And I'm not yours, either." (Y/n) shot back.

Amiria fired her laser cannons directly towards him. (Y/n) did a back flip and shot one of the cannons, causing her to step back from the impact.

He started formulating plans on how to defeat her, scratching his plan to shove the grenades on her mouth. It would be risky, predictable, and hard to execute, especially now that she's on her crazed state.

"You are loved by everyone!" Amiria snapped. "I didn't just wanted to be near you. I wanted the brush of your hand... the feel of your hair... the touch of your skin... the caress of your lips!"

'Yep, she's definitely a yandere.' (Y/n) thought.

"But now that you're here, I will make sure you'll be mine! FOREVER~!! HAHAHAHAHAHA~!!!" Amiria laughed like a maniac. "Come, let us make love! Like two serpents biting each other's tails, and then you will be mine!"

Without hesitation, Amiria lunged forward, preparing to attack the Ribbon Fighter. Her tentacles were also launched forward, all speeding towards the ace.

Seeing no choice, (Y/n) also ran forward, firing bullet after bullet with his rifle. The bullets were easily blocked by the tentacles, though it was enough to distract her even for a bit.

The tentacles once again moved forward, but (Y/n) was ready for it and grabbed their tips before slicing their middle parts, rendering them useless.

Before Amiria could react, (Y/n)'s fist landed directly on her stomach, causing her to gag loudly from the force of the hit. He followed the first attack with another punch to the same spot.

He then went behind her and bashed the control systems of her laser cannons with the buttstock of the FAMAS, breaking it with ease, and rendering her cannons useless.

Enraged, Amiria punched him back towards the face, and then kicked him in the side, sending him flying and landing towards the dead bodies of the Sirens (Y/n) killed earlier.

(Y/n) coughed out blood a few times before he stood up, clutching his side in pain. "Fuck, hurts like hell..."

"You've done it this time!" Amiria ran towards him once again, completely angry. "You may be untouchable in the skies, but I can easily clip your wings on the ground!"

(Y/n) waited for her to get close, eying his options on how to quickly end her. Amiria went in for a punch, but her fist was grabbed by (Y/n) as he replied with his own punch to her face, stunning her for a bit.

Amiria went in for a kick. However, the Ribbon Fighter easily blocked the incoming attack with his arm.

He then swiftly pulled out his pistol and shot her heart three times, before he bashed his pistol onto her head, and causing her body to slam to the ground hard.

"Predictable." (Y/n) muttered coldly. He was about to leave, but he felt a hand grip his foot. He looked down and saw Amiria fruitlessly trying to pull him back.

"W-Wait..." Amiria said weakly. "B-Before I die... I want... to tell you... something..."

"..." (Y/n) waited for her to continued.

"When I said... I love you... I wasn't joking..." Amiria said. "M-My feelings for you... is genuine... I only... wanted you..."

"..."

"I have... one last wish..."

(Y/n) sighed, not because he was annoyed, nor frustrated. "...What is it?"

"Please... just this once... let me... hold your hand..." Amiria begged.

(Y/n) kneeled down beside her, and held out his hand. Amiria took the chance and grabbed it. As her hand made contact with his, tears streamed down her cheeks. Amiria knew that that the Ribbon Fighter shows no mercy to his adversaries, and she was glad that he granted her wish, even if it's only once.

"End... this war... So you... can return... to your... normal life... I... love you..." Amiria said her final words, before she finally died, on the hands of a warrior who fought her with courage, despite of him lacking on advanced technology.

(Y/n) watched as Amira's hands slide off from his. He then stood up and began walking to the exit. "I will. I promise."

Normally, he shows no remorse nor respect towards the Sirens. They were nothing but heartless monster, yes, but, his view about them changed when he heard Morgan and Hugin's final words before they died by his hands.

And with Amiria adding on, he could only think that they were more than just pawns. In the end, they were soldiers - bred for war. In their perspective, they've done the right thing. They were fighting for their own survival much like the soldiers defending the Earth's future.

But, there's a chance that they've been questioning their choices as well.

"Shikikan? Are you there?" Zuikaku radioed. "We're at the south of the base."

"This is Alpha 1. I'm moving to the rendezvous point. Enterprise, give me a ride." (Y/n) replied.

"Got it." Enterprise affirmed.

As soon as (Y/n) got out from the exit, he saw nothing but chaos - Siren ships wrecked, dead humanoid Sirens floating everywhere, hellcats and Zeros having a clash with the Siren jets, with Strider Squadron doing their best to support them.

"What the hell?" (Y/n) muttered upon seeing the view. "All stations, this is Alpha 1. You're good to go. Light 'em up."

"Roger that, Alpha 1. We're coming in hot." Cassandra acknowledged.

(Y/n) heard the roaring jets moments later. He ran towards the edge and jumped, seconds before the Strider Squadron unleashed their payload at the base, damaging the structure greatly.

As (Y/n) was falling, he caught a glimpse of Belfast rusing towards where he was falling. How did she know his exact position is uncertain. Maybe because she's Belfast.

Moments later, he found himself landing right in her arms. "Thanks, Belfast."

Belfast smiled. "You're welcome, Master."

"If I may ask, what the hell happened here?" (Y/n) asked stoically.

"The usual." Belfast responded blankly.

"Any injured?" (Y/n) went on.

"None." Belfast said. "Before you ask, the princess is safe."

"That's good."

"..."

"...Um, can you please summon your ship, so I have something to stand on? I can't stand nor walk on water like you girls." (Y/n) broke the awkward silence.

"Oh! My apologies, master." Belfast immediately summoned her ship, internally scolding herself for dazing.

Now on the deck of the HMS Belfast itself, (Y/n) began on checking his gear. He's down to half of his ammo, and he only have two grenades left.

(Y/n) looked at the base as it was getting bombarded by both the Strider Squadron and the allied carrier's planes. Explosions from various bombs caused great destruction around the base.

Moments later, the base had finally collapsed after several bombing runs. The remains of what is was been had sunk towards the bottom of the abyss, along with Amiria and the clones of Hugin, never to be seen again.

"All stations, this is Alpha 1. Mission Complete. RTB." (Y/n) declared.

---

Iris Orthodoxy Basilica
Docks
1445 Hours

The fleet returned to the Basilica with no problems whatsoever. After the ships docked on the empty slots, they walked to the port area, escorting the Princess Rosa along the way.

"You girls go on ahead. I wish to speak with the princess privately." (Y/n) said.

And with that, the girls went on their separate ways. Monarch gave him a kiss on the cheek before she followed after Enterprise and Bismarck.

(Y/n) then turned his attention towards Rosa. "Sorry for slamming you back there. I hope I didn't broke your back or something."

"N-No... It's fine..." Rosa said. "I was just startled when you unlocked the cuffs. I should be the one who should apologize."

"I understand." (Y/n) nodded. "If you don't mind me asking, did the Sirens do anything to you?"

"...No." Rosa answered, surprising (Y/n). "That was completely strange. I thought they're going to torture me or worse... And there's this one Siren... She's completely different from the others..."

"Let me guess: Amiria." (Y/n) interrupted.

Rosa perked up. "How did you-"

"I fought her. I won." (Y/n) summarized, not wanting to talk about the events that happened between their fight.

"Oh..." Rosa cooed.

"Get some rest, Princess." (Y/n) said. "I'm gonna escort you to your room, but I need to update ISAF about you. Give me a minute."

Rosa nodded. "Take your time."

(Y/n) pulled out his phone and dialed Emma's number. Expecting a screaming ISAF representative on the phone, he puts the call on loudspeaker and held the phone away from his ear.

"DID YOU GET THE PRINCESS?!" Emma asked in a frantic manner. "SHE'S FINE, RIGHT?!"

"Jesus Christ, calm down, will ya?" (Y/n) sighed. "To answer your question, yes, she's fine. We're currently at the Basilica."

"Oh, thank God." Emma breathed a sigh of relief. "Were sending a transport aircraft tomorrow to pick her up. Please, keep her safe until then."

"I will." (Y/n) said and ended the call.

---

Word Count: 5769 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

719K 34.1K 58
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
263K 25.3K 61
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
296K 13.3K 36
เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ ๐‘ฐ๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...
389K 13.6K 87
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...