Radiant Revenge (Descendants...

By TheGoddessDark

Book 2 (Please read the first book if you haven't) ~ Y/N and Ben's love soars after his coronation, which mea... More

𝗠𝗲𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗖𝗮𝘀𝘁
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟰

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮

1.4K 35 5
By TheGoddessDark

~Y/N's P.O.V~

After archery practice with Emilia, which was cut short due to more classes. I was walking with Mal, Evie, Jay and Carlos. With books in my hand I fix my dress and try to quietly mutter to myself to not lose control.

The girls are swooning over Jay because of Cotillion. The many hi's getting Carlos's attention. "Why do you torture them? Just pick someone to take to Cotillion already." We all keep walking and Jay responds with, "I'm going solo. That way, I can dance with all of them."

I see Mal working on her art and drawing project. Gosh how is she so talented. "Ahh, you're the expert. Um, Jay."

We stop walking and listen to their conversation. "If you were gonna ask someone, what's the best way to go?" Jay puts a hand on Carlos's shoulder and says, "Listen, all you gotta do, is look like me." He laughs at Jay's comment and see that Jane is approaching me.

"Y/N." "Hey, Jane." "Hey." Carlos and Jane's interaction is so pure and innocent, something that feels out of reach for me. Carlos, stuttering on his words, "I was wondering... Uh... If you liked the carrot cake last night?"

She smiles at him, saying, "I had the pumpkin pie." I zone out the conversations with my own thoughts scrambling in my head. I want to go back, to the Isle. I wish I didn't have to put on a princess persona.

Those thoughts are interrupted by Lonnie and Avalon walking up to Jane and Evie. "I have an opening for a fitting at 3:00. Who wants it?" "Me! Sorry." Lonnie interrupts, but Evie has been doing good with Cotillion dresses.

"Perfect. Avi, Jane, I'll take you later. Okay." Jane and Avalon nod their heads as Lonnie and Avalon follow Evie and Mal as they walk off. "Y/N."

"Yes, Jane?" "I hate to keep bugging you but the Decorating Committee needs more answers. So as much as I hate to, um... You know, um..."

I fake smile and finish her sentence with, "Bother me?" "Right." I look off at Mal and Aris having their cute moment, making the thoughts in my head spin more and more. "Jane, I would really like to tell you, but class starts soon I don't want to be late."

She stops me as I try to walk off and says, "You know, just nod if you like it." "Okay." I slightly clench my fists to calm myself. Using her tablet, she starts to swipe for each picture. "Chair swags, entry banner, twinkle lights, table bunting, and you still haven't picked the party favors yet."

I nodded to each decoration and I say, "Jane, I think for the party favors whatever-" "-I mean, we can do chains, key charms, pen toppers. I kind of love pen toppers but, I mean, we can do all three."

I feel my eyes glow their bright blue, meaning the stress finally got to me. After my, moment, I reply to Jane with, "I think pen toppers." "Yeah?" I nod my head and hold my books more tightly. "You won't regret it."

I see Avalon, Evie, Mal and Lonnie all walk up to us. "I am so excited to see what your wedding will look like." I look at Avalon and nod my head, "Yeah, me too. Wait, what??" I look at the four in shock, clueless.

"The Royal Cotillion is like getting engaged to be engaged to be engaged." "I knew it." Mal looks at Evie with a brow raised and says, "Everyone knows it?"

I fake laugh and try to keep calm again, "Was I the only person to not know it? If no one told me is my life just all planned out for me with no-"

"Hi, Y/N."

Evie, Avalon, Jane and Lonnie, acting like the cute teenagers they are say in unison, "Hi, Ben~" I sigh and give Evie a look. "Oh, oh, quick moment." Jane pulls aside Ben and I start to walk to class. Even the girl who has everything really can't have it all.

I look back at Ben before heading to class. Waiting for this day to finally be over. After about two more classes, I run to my locker to grab the binders for my next class and take glance at the note from earlier.

"Hi, Y/N." I turn around in shock to see Ben at my locker. "Oh my gosh, hi." "I have a little surprise for you." I turn my head in his direction and smile. "These surprises feel like they're every day now, wow."

Ben corrects me with saying, "It's every other day. The even days. Because you're even more perfect than I thought." I chuckle at his comment, knowing I am the opposite of perfect. "Yes, me, oh so perfect."

I glance at the two pictures of us from Family Day and the Coronation. I miss those days because I was myself. Now I am just hiding my villain side. "Come on, let me spoil you. You didn't have a lot growing up."

I half smile and reply, "Well, I managed." I grab my purse from my locker after putting away one of my school books. I look at my necklace from dad and I slightly smile. I close my locker and turn towards Ben.

"As much as I'd love to stay here and chat, I really have to go to class. I can't be late." He grabs my arms and takes me somewhere. "No, you come this way." Ben points at the blue motor bike with a silver bow on top of it.

"First off... Ta-da." I put my hands over my mouth in shock. It was so fitting for me and amazing. "What? No way!" "You like it?" I nod my head in excitement and sit on the bike. "Ben you always surprise me, but I got you nothing."

"You're taking me on a picnic with all my favorite foods, remember?" I raise a brow and put my hand on my chin, "I thought that was Thursday?" "It is Thursday."

I feel my eyes slightly widen as Ben pulls out his phone to show me the date. As I point to the phone I feel my smile fade into a 'oh no' face. "I was just kidding earlier, heh." Ben puts his phone back and replies with, "I mean, if you don't have it, it's fine."

"I do have it, I just have to finish a few more things then I am all yours." I boop his nose and he asks, "What about class?" I smirk and fix my hair, "I have my ways." I walk off to my next class mad at myself for forgetting this important date.

As I sit in class, an idea comes up into my head. After my last class is over, I run to my dorm room. Avoiding all of the paparazzi as much as possible, I grab the book from my dad and flip to the page where he talks about a true want.

"'If a want is a need, for one's true desire. Make this desire into something real.'" I feel my eyes glow and hold out my hands and see that all of Ben's favorite foods are in front of me. They were already in containers which made it easier.

I grab a picnic basket and put all of the food in there. I throw my book from my dad in out of habit. After everything is prepared I go over to the gazebo early. It was on a lake and felt very romantic.

I set up all of the food and after 15 minutes pass by, Ben arrives and is amazed on my skills. Yet these skills aren't real. I feed him a hot hors d'oeuvre and he eats it happily. "Y/N, this may be the best thing I've had. Like ever."

I smile and giggle, "I bet. Would you like another one?" Before I could grab it, he reaches over to the tray and grabs another. "I hope that answers your question." I giggle and nod my head. It didn't feel like myself, but it's just a princess cover up.

Ben points to a dish and asks, "Is this beef ragout?" He grabs his spoons and digs in. "Yeah, it is. This is amazing." I grab his left hand with a smile on my face, "Was this a surprise to you?" I ask.

"Oh, yeah, you surprised me. This is every single dish Mrs. Potts made for my parents. What'd it take you? Three days?" I slightly laugh and put my hand on my chin. "I have my ways. Like I always do."

Ben smiles and looks at me, "Well, it means a lot. That you stopped and did all this for me. Especially with all the craziness you've been put through. I missed you." Ben puts a hand on my arm and I smile, feeling my blue eyes slightly flicker, I keep that smile on.

Ben reaches out a hand to the side of my face, slightly playing with my hair. "We don't get much time to be just us anymore." I feel a slight pain in my heart, hitting my feelings right on the dot. "I know."

I see a small spot of food by his lip and I reach out to wipe it off. "You can't take me anywhere, right?" I laugh as Ben looks around for something. "Do you have a... Do you have a napkin or something?"

"Yeah, I packed some." I look over to my right then back at the basket, to see Ben pull out my dad's book that is now mine. My smile immediately fades and Ben asks, "What's this?" With my mouth open I somehow say, "It was just for comfort, to make sure-"

He opens the book and reads out, "The True Spell?" Ben reads the last sentence, "'Make this desire into something real'?" I look down in shame and he closes the book. "And I was giving you props for fitting in so well. For doing your best."

"How do you expect someone to just do a 180 on their life in a matter of seconds?? It's been so hard-" "-Yes! Some things are hard! Do you think learning to be king has been easy for me?" I roll my eyes and stand up, replying, "No!"

Ben's words only get more harsh. "I thought we were doing this together?" "Ben. I'm trying to do this together with you!" He shakes his head, "But we're not, Y/N. We're not. You've been keeping secrets and lying to me. I thought we were done with that."

I try to speak, but nothing comes out. "This isn't the Isle of the Lost, Y/N." I feel the tears swelling up and my eyes burning brighter. "Trust me, I know that!" Ben tries to comfort me and I back away. "Then why are you doing this?"

I feel my fists start to clench up and I say, "Because how else was I supposed to be a pretty pink princess up to your expectations? I won't be a lady of the court because I am just a big fake!" I feel my hands burst out with blue flames, taking all of the fake food away.

I grab my book and leave the gazebo, not wanting to be in Auradon anymore. Running back to my dorm, putting on my closest Isle attire.

(So the blue mesh shirt is underneath the black shirt. If that makes sense. And I think the keys are fitting on the boots. I got the pictures on Pinterest)

I throw on a backpack to put some small items in there. I write quick note to anyone who finds it first and place Ben's ring on top of it. I throw the two items underneath my pillow. I put the book and the note from my dad in my pocket, getting on my new motor bike, I drive it to the edge of Auradon, closest to the Isle.

I focus on my bike with my powers, closing my eyes a black aura forms around it. Giving me access to go through the barrier. "I'm coming dad." I rev my bike before marching into my familiar home.

I drive through an alleyway to face a poster defacing Ben and I. I feel my eyes glow and I set the poster on fire. Getting rid of it entirely. I park my bike by his den and look again at the note. With some magic ink, the location of where I need to meet him is revealed.

I smirk and walk over to an area away from my father's den, starting to get suspicious. I hear an evil laugh and look forward to see a hat on the ground. "Well someone has arrived to the party." I turn to my left and see someone I didn't want to.

"Ace?" To my right I hear his companion, "Long time no see, Fireball." I scoff to see Tucker pick up his hat. They go in front of me and I cross my arms. "Of course I fell into your trap. What do you want?"

Ace steps forward and takes my hand, "I missed our duo, causing chaos, messing with people. I want that back." I pull my hand away as he holds some of my H/C hair. "New look, eh? I miss the blue fiery kind."

I step back and push my hair back. "Ace, consider your offer, pending." I walk away as Tucker yells, "Come and be mad with this Y/N. You need it!" I scoff and walk over to Dizzy's place, to gain some much need peace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.8K 1.1K 10
Book 1 ~ Y/N is the daughter of Hades, Demi-God of the Underworld, and has a very low profile on the Isle. Then she gets invited to stay in Auradon w...
44.9K 677 17
Hello! Yet another Disney Descendants story. This continues after the events of "I'm No Princess". After Bianca can't handle all the pressure of b...
37.5K 771 15
As Mal is struggling to play the part of the Auradon girl everyone expects her to be, so is another. Ellie is having a hard time being expected to ch...
43.8K 885 10
☙I feel like I've known you my whole life and did I mention I'm in love with you.☙ /// ☙. I do not want to take away your dream because it was so bea...