The Mediator 2 (GOT7 MARK fea...

Da -eatseokjins

A sequel to The Mediator. Wendy has now ended her Year One as a Physiotherapy student and once again, she's... Altro

Chapter 1: Seoul I'm back!
Chapter 2: Reunion
Chapter 3: JYP Family
Chapter 4: The Fair Game
Chapter 5: Together forever?
Chapter 6: The Fair Game 2
Chapter 7: Mixed feelings
Chapter 8: Eodiga?
Chapter 9: COFFEE TERIOR
Chapter 10: The Tuan Family
Chapter 11: Lost
Chapter 12: What's the truth?
Chapter 13: Let the game begin
Chapter 14: The Climb
Chapter 15: Denial & Mind blown
Chapter 16: Hide and seek
Chapter 17: The Date
Chapter 19: Healing
Chapter 20: Fly with Peter Pan
Chapter 21: Homeshare
Chapter 22: Status Quo
Chapter 23: Too good to be true
Chapter 24: Runaway Groom
Chapter 25: Unraveling the truth
Chapter 26: Save my friend
Chapter 27: Back to square one
Chapter 28: On hiatus
Chapter 29: We are One
Chapter 30: Jane
Author's note
New story: Seoulmate

Chapter 18: Goodbye

2.2K 86 49
Da -eatseokjins

MARK'S POV

At first, I was taken aback by her sudden outburst but I was able to gather myself shortly.

"I-it's o-okay... I k-kind of get what you m-mean now", I said weakly after I have processed her words.

Yes, she had lied to me. And I know that I should be angry with her, but I just can't bring myself to do that. There was this really strange feeling inside me and it was making my chest feel tight. It felt as though I was going to lose her soon and I don't know why. All I know is that I will not let that happen.

My grip on her shoulders tightened and I stared intently into her eyes.

"Wendy, I really understand now. Honestly, I'm not affected by your words. REALLY. Even if you lied to me this once, I can forgive you. As long as you are staying here together with me again...", my words sounded a little desperate but that came deep down from the bottom of my heart.

Wendy sniffled loudly, trying to get her tears under control. Stroking my right cheek, she continued.

"Oppa. Mianhada."

"No, don't be", I caught her wrist and felt her hand.

"This can't be compared with the damage I have done to our relationship. Let us just end this shit and start all over."

However, Wendy didn't seemed as happy with my words when I expected her to be. She only retrieved her hand back from mine and shaking her head lightly, she said to me,

"No, we can't do this anymore..."

"What do you mean?", I stopped like I had taken a bullet to the guts.

"One day you'll hate me", she spoke again, with her head to the dusty ground.

"Why would you say such a thing? I love you. I can't live without you."

She was now gradually raising her eyes to meet mine, as if to let me know that she wasn't messing around.

"Mark, I don't want to ruin your future. It's what happens to great love when the expectations are too high. We'll be fine for a while, then the monotony of your job, family and fans will set in. I wouldn't always be there for you anymore. I'll forget our special days. Your friend circle will grow wider and you will be packed with more activities. I won't be exciting anymore. I'll be boring. Boring, because I'm so damn tired."

Although I couldn't see myself in the mirror, I knew that my face had lost what little colour it had had.

Agitatedly, I grabbed her shoulders again and shook her.

"WENDY LOH! How could you just say that? That's nothing more than a lousy excuse not to try. Or maybe you just don't love me?!", my eyes washed with the kind of tears that only come when people break in ways not easily repaired. But when I met her gaze, hers were just the same.

She did love me. So what was all this nonsense about hate?

"Let's breakup."

This is all so strange that I can hardly grasp what's going on around me. All I get is a heart-wrenching feeling of closure. I was too sad to even look at her or to say anything now. And I'm not even sure if I heard her right.

But as I sensed her gradually walking away from me, my heart cringed just at the bare thought of the possibility of losing her forever.

"Please don't go", I finally let out an uneven breath.

"Mark, trust me. You'll be fine without me. You always have been."

Maybe once, but not now.

"How can I convince you to stay?"

"You can't."

"What if I beg you?", as I said that, I was already on my knees.

"No, never", she pushed me and continued walking away from me.

"Then tell me-", I followed behind her still.

"What more can I say? Didn't you get why I had to act as though I had lost my memories? Well, let me tell you now! It was because I hated it. I hated those feelings and I honestly don't want to remember any one of them!", she finally stopped in her tracks and threw her arms up as she said that coldly. At the same time, I could see Jin already running up to us from afar.

"Wendy-ssi, are you done? Shall we get going now?", he asked and took a glance at me when he came up beside her.

I was looking really pathetic now, still holding on to Wendy's arms and pleading her to stay. Ironically, it reminded me of that time.

*FLASHBACK*

She held onto my hand immediately and she begged me.

"Please Mark, listen to me. Just listen to me this once..."

However, all I did was to pull her hand away, shoving her away at the same time and this caused her to fall backwards.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

This time, we had switched positions. She was the one who shove me away.

"Yeah, I have settled everything with him. Let's go now", she took one last look at me before telling that to Jin.

With that, she walked away, with Jin following behind her.

I guess, it is over.

I gulped down a sob and tried to keep my composure as she walked away. My heart broke into little tiny pieces and tears of regret blurred my vision. I wanted desperately to call out to her still, beg on my knees over and over again. I want to erase my mistakes, start over fresh but I guess that those hurtful words that came from me and the lack of trust will forever pain her while we are together.

She's right, it is over, and I killed it.

-
-
-

WENDY'S POV

With each stride, my mind became more clear, more resolute, as if the growing physical distance between Mark and I had now become an emotional chasm. Memories of us were starting to flash by but I had to entomb them into thick walled ice.

Then, abruptly pausing to close my eyes and to take in a deep breath of the dewy air, I steeled myself to only think of my future without him.

Shit. How come it hurts so badly still? Why can't I see anything?

"Is this really what you want?", Jin's question then interrupted my thoughts.

No, I wanted to tell him that badly. That really wasn't what I had wanted but I'm left with no choice. Only then will Mark and I be able to live peacefully.

"How did you find me?", I changed the topic and asked him that instead.

"I was already reaching home when I saw you entering Mark's car. So I decided to follow behind in case you need any help. And so..."

"I see", I replied softly while roaming off to somewhere else.

"Where are you going?", Jin asked when he saw that I wasn't entering his car.

"Oppa, please leave me alone. I need some fresh air."

-
-
-

MARK'S POV

When I returned home, Mum, Dad, Tammy, Grace, Joey, Yugyeom and JB were all still waiting up at the living room.

"So? How did it went? Did she remember anything?", Joey was the first who came up to me to ask.

Closing the door behind me, I answered them with a short 'Yes' which made them squeal in delight.

But turning back to face them now, I said again,

"But we broke up."

The brief milliseconds of happiness turned into a moment of silence.

Everyone looked solemn and my parents came up to me quickly.

"Aww my son...", Mum cupped my face in her hands and Dad patted on my back.

"Bro, I'm sorry...", Joey apologized to me again and Tammy and Grace also joined in to console me.

After sharing some time with my family, I was then led into my original room which Wendy had slept in by Yugyeom and JB.

Just a couple of hours of losing her and I missed her already. So much that as I stepped into the room, I broke down.

When I cried, there was a rawness to it, like the pain was still an open wound. I would clasp onto something for support, anything, a table or the back of a chair, and then my whole body would shake. The sobs were stifled at first as I attempted to hide my grief, but then overcome by the wave of my emotions I would break down entirely, all my defences washed away in those salty tears.

"HYUNG!", both JB and Yugyeom shouted at the same time and supported me from the back.

They settled me down properly on my bed and waited for me to calm down.

They knew best not to say anything when they see me behaving so emotionally.

-
-
-

"Hyung, feel free to let me know if you need my help. Like to talk to noona or what", Yugyeom offered soon after I gestured for them to speak up.

I shook my head at his offer.

"Ani, the problem lies in me so you can't help me at all."

"Hyung, don't worry, Wendy-ssi probably just need sometime to think over again. I just called Jin hyung and he told me that she wasn't behaving well at all. She probably still have some things in mind so let's just give her and yourself some time", JB added.

I knew it! I knew that there was still something troubling Wendy and somehow, I felt that it have to be some thing to do with Jessica.

Yugyeom seemed to be sharing the thought as me.

"Could it be that Jessica noona went to find her again?"

Jessica Koh. I need to talk to her again when we get back.

"Anyway", JB said again.

"You are not giving up on her already right? 'Cos I know of a plan to bring Wendy-ssi back to you."

"What?", I raised an eyebrow at him.

"As for this, we will have to make a call to Jinyoung hyung."

-
-
-

WENDY'S POV

Finally, it's our last day in LA and it's time to head back to Korea. I gave Shane a hug and bid farewell to her.

Although I only spent three days here with her, I felt that I have grown closer to her and I really thanked her for helping me with Jessica and spending the rest of the days trying to lift up my mood.

"Unnie, till next time!", she waved goodbye to me and I soon left for the airport together with Jin.

When we arrived there, I was surprised to meet the Tuan family again. I thought that by checking in early would guarantee that I might miss them but it seems like that luck just wasn't with me.

I attempted to avoid them but Yugyeom's eyes were sharp enough to catch me.

"Noona!", he called out loud which diverted the Tuan's family attention to me.

Damn it. Papa and Mama Tuan are already starting to walk up to me. As I couldn't bring myself to stay rude, I went up and greeted them first.

"Hello Papa Tuan. Hello Mama Tuan", I bowed slightly.

"Hello Wendy", they returned me with a smile.

"Hi Wendy", Tammy, Joey and Grace also came up to me.

At first, Joey had wanted to say something to me but Papa Tuan quickly cupped his mouth and pulled him back.

"Anyway, you can join Mark and the guys up at the front. They were early in the queue too", Mama Tuan then said to me to break the awkward moment.

They must have all heard about our broke up and I'm wondering why they are still treating me so nicely. I have hurt their son's heart for goodness sake.

"Nah, it's alright...", but as soon as I said that, someone had already dragged me along with him.

It was Mark.

"No, you have to come with me. There are fans here watching us so if you don't want to get Jin and yourself into trouble, stay with me."

With that, he placed his arms around my waist and brought me closer to him.

"Mark..."

"Shhh... Just keep quiet and stay here with me."

----------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Hmm... I'm kinda disappointed with this chapter myself but oh wells, perhaps I will have to think it well before I start off with the next chapt then :x

Anw, OMG! I just got my tickets to GOT7'S SINGAPORE FIRST FANMEET today! And I can't wait to see them already!!!

Ps: Sorry, I'm just sharing my joy~

Keep voting and leaving me with comments! I wanna see how you guys feel abt this story now. Thanks!

<3,

Wendy (:

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

102K 4.8K 84
A girl woke up in a hospital. Doesn't know her name nor her past or how she ended up there. The completely clueless girl was taken in as Park Siyeon...
9.8K 251 17
A story between you, your husband Park Jinyoung from GOT7 and some mystery notes you both have been receiving. You guys don't know who's sending them...
3.3K 224 56
Mafia/Gang AU Ended: February 5th 2022 Editing started: February 6th 2022 19/54 chapters edited Bold italics: Flashbacks Bold text: English Text with...
27.7K 606 37
MAIN CHARACTER ×Mark Tuan ×Y/N Published : May 29, 2019 Finished : October 29, 2019 CHECK OUT MY BOOK!!! DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND LEAVE A COMMENT IF...