[EN] Splendide Nuit ✦ Druig

By eternalsams

✦―In the beginning, when Arishem created the first sun and brought light in the universe, he had to balance... More

「ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛꜱ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪɪɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴠ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴠɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴠɪɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴠɪɪɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪx」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ x」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xɪɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xɪɪɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xɪᴠ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xᴠ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xᴠɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xᴠɪɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xᴠɪɪɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xɪx」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xx」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xxɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xxɪɪ」
「ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛꜱ」
「ᴘᴏꜱᴛ ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛꜱ ꜱᴄᴇɴᴇ」
「ʙᴏɴᴜꜱ ɪ」
「ʙᴏɴᴜꜱ ᴄᴀꜱᴛ ɪ」
「ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ..? ɪ」
「ʙᴏɴᴜꜱ ᴄᴀꜱᴛ ɪɪ」
「ʙᴏɴᴜꜱ ɪɪ」
「ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ..? ɪɪ」

「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪᴠ」

2.9K 109 64
By eternalsams

          - Don't you dare steal my Deviant, Nyx. Kingo warned, pointing his fingers to the creature to shoot it.

          - Then kill it before I have to. She grunted as she tried to hold back another Deviant's teeth away from her face.

Nyx felt a draft passing near her and she recognized Makkari's red outfit. The deaf woman signed something to her, but being too busy with the Deviant, she could not see what she was telling her.

          - I'm a little busy, right here, Mak'. She said out loud. Go help the civilians, I can handle this one.

Makkari stayed for a few moments, wanting to be sure that Nyx could get away with it before the young woman stressed on the residents' primary security. Nyx tried as best she could to keep the beast's sharp teeth away from her. She could smell the dreadful breath of the Deviant and decided it was too much. She clenched her fists around the two canines she was holding and concentrated before hearing the creature's skull break. As usual, no blood was shed, having completely disappeared from its body. And thank god, because otherwise, she would have received it directly on her face.

As she was about to push back the corpse of the Deviant, she felt a sharp pain in the shoulder, pulling her back. A second Deviant had just bitten her and was dragging her to the ground like a common piece of wood. Nyx struggled in every direction to get rid of this grip since she could not concentrate because of the pain. She then began to call for help from others but no one came to her aid. She could see the traces of blood she left on the ground as the Deviant dragged her onto the sand.

As she called for help for the umpteenth time, two hands grabbed the beast's jaws and forced it to open its mouth to free Nyx. The young woman painfully rolled to the ground to depart from the Deviant and saw Gilgamesh dislocating the predator's jaw. The young woman immediately laid her hand on her wound, feeling the blood on her clothes. The Eternal quickly killed the Deviant and Makkari appeared beside her.

          - Take her to Ajak. Gilgamesh said after quickly checking Nyx's wound.

Makkari nodded and took Nyx's hand before they disappeared into a cloud of sand. The two women quickly arrived at the Domo where they found Phastos, Druig and Sprite. Makkari signed something to the three Thinkers and went back to the battlefield. Druig was the first to react and rushed to Nyx's side to examine her wound. It was deep, severe and she was losing a lot of blood.

          - Sprite, go find Ajak. Tell her to come quick. Druig commanded to the young-looking girl. Now !

The little blonde began to run in the corridor of the Domo, already knowing where to find Ajak. Druig accompanied the young woman to an armchair where he made her sit before quickly looking around him. He spotted a jug of water and a bowl of fruit. He went to the table to serve a glass of water and collect a fruit as Phastos approached Nyx.

          - How do you feel, Nyx ? He asked, squatting in front of her.

          - Alive. She snorted.

          - See ? She's feeling alive, that's a good start. He exclaimed as he turned towards Druig who came back with water and a pear.

He helped Nyx drink and smiled softly when she sighed after hydrating. He gently stroked her hair and they could hear quick steps behind them. Phastos turned around while Druig could not get away from Nyx's gaze, something was changing in her, he could see it in her eyes. Ajak and Sprite came into the room and the original Eternal immediately approached the young one. She quickly looked at the state of her wound and put her hand on it before closing her eyes. Nyx could feel a soft heat on her shoulder and the pain began to disappear. She even surprised herself to moan at the pleasant sensation, gently making Druig smile who pinched his lips, not wanting to look like he was mocking her. When Ajak had finished healing Nyx, she opened her eyes and encircled the young woman's face in her hands.

          - You should rest, you lost a lot of blood.

          - I can help the others with the Deviants. She said with a frown.

          - They took care of them, don't worry. Ajak reassured her. Phastos, did you go to the party last night like I told you to ? She changed the subject.

Phastos, who had returned to his creation, found himself with nothing to say as Druig and Nyx tried to remain serious.

          - The party, yeah. He tried to appear honest.

          - He worked all night. Druig snitched him, taking a bite from the fruit he had in hand.

          - Who was talking to you ?

Druig chuckled softly, the soft vibrations of his laughter resonating in Nyx. He did not laugh often, much less when he was with the others but when he did, Nyx remained motionless for long seconds, unable to forget the wonderful sound that came out of his lips. His laughter was like a drug, she wanted to hear it all day long, all night long. He was her drug.

          - You should get a life. And where's Sersi ? Ajak asked.

          - Late as usual. Sprite said.

          - I'm sorry but I have something really exciting to show you, okay ? Wait 'til you see this. He showed her his new invention.

          - What is it ? She asked, making Nyx escaped a small laugh.

Druig stood up and approached the table to retrieve a handful of food that he would share with Nyx. He took some fruits and nuts before returning to the young woman who was now sitting on the back of the chair. She spread her legs and he sat down in the chair between his friend's legs. He extended his hand full of food to her and she picked up an apple and a few nuts before he demeaned it in front of him.

          - It's an engine. Phastos said, almost tired of being the one who always has to explain things. It moves steam from high pressure to low pressure. It'll help them fill their fields at an incredible fast rate.

          - It's gonna freak them out. Sprite said, playing with a little thing between her fingers.

          - It's freaking me out. Nyx added before eating her apple, making Druig chuckle.

          - I mean, they only have had the wheel for a thousand years, so... Druig trailed off.

          - No, we could do that thing, you know, where you use your mind to control them and then they don't freak out.

          - Ajak, are you listening to this ? Druig said, leaning his elbows on his knees.

          - I should get hurt more often, the Thinkers reunions are way more fun. Nyx slightly snorted.

          - Please don't. Druig looked up to her. Don't get hurt ever again, got it ? He asked, making her smile then nod.

          - Phastos, this steam- The original Eternal started.

          - Engine. It's a steam engine.

          - It's too soon. And there she is. Ajak added when Sersi came into the room.

The young woman frowned slightly when she saw Nyx but did not demand any explanations.

          - What did I miss ? She asked.

          - Nothing. Just the screams of my deep disappointment. Phastos sighed.

          - I am sure you have something simpler. Ajak said.

          - Simple ? Okay, let's see.

Phastos then began to manipulate the engine, seeking a much simpler way for men to do what they had to do. Nyx had fun slipping her left hand into Druig's hair while she held her apple with her right hand. The telepath prevented himself from groaning at the incredible sensation of the young woman's fingers on him. With every contact she had with him, he thought he was going crazy. But he was patient, terribly patient. Even he did not know how he could resist the urge to take her against him and kiss her every time she looked at him. She was his drug.

          - Ladies and gentleman... I present to you, the plow. Phastos finally said, drawing all attention on him and his creation. Because that's what it does. It plows dirt.

          - Now I understand. Nyx said proudly.

          - Good girl. Druig chuckled, patting her leg next to him.

A knot formed in the young woman's stomach at the hearing of Druig's words. She knew it was her emotions that were finally starting to surface but she was so scared. Scared that it was not emotions that she wanted to feel. Scared that it was emotions that would hurt the people she cared about. She was so scared. So she preferred not to say anything to anyone, trying to get used to all these new sensations.

The hours passed and the night ended up falling, giving Nyx maximum energy, making her look like a child who was running around. As with many other evenings organized by the Greeks, the Eternals told stories to entertain the inhabitants while Sprite created illusions to illustrate them. Nyx was incredibly excited for tonight because Druig had promised her that the story he was going to tell would particularly please her. He didn't say anything else to her, and it was driving her crazy.

They had all changed their combat outfits for much more civilized and comfortable clothing for the evening. Nyx walked beside Thena who was particularly silent. Not that the warrior was a big talker, but tonight she was quieter than usual.

          - What's wrong ? Nyx asked her.

          - Who told you something was wrong ? Thena smirked, giving the young woman a quick glance.

          - Then, what are you thinking about ? You're very quiet tonight.

          - I'm always quiet, kid.

          - Yeah, true. But tonight you're even more quieter. She said as she sucked fire from a torch into her hand before making it disappear.

          - Stop doing that. Thena gently slapped her hand.

Nyx sneered gently before seeing the others on the main square. She joined Makkari and quickly took her aside to make her show her her findings. Druig looked at the two women from afar, trying to read their lips. Or staring at Nyx's lips, which he dreamed of kissing.

          - You're staring again. A voice said, cutting him in his contemplation. You know that's weird, right ?

          - Give me a break, Kingo. The young man grunted.

          - Oh, I hurt your feelings ? I'm terribly sorry. Jerk. He said before taking a sip from his drink. You should go talk to her.

          - I don't remember asking you for advice.

          - Then you let her slip between your fingers. Because eternity is a long time, and maybe she'll find someone to spent it with her.

          - Fuck off. He grunted another time, but throwing a pot towards Kingo, which he dodged.

When he rested his gaze on the place where Nyx was, he was surprised to see that there was no one left. So he straightened himself up and looked around to try to find the chosen of his heart. A small tap on the shoulder stopped him and he turned around, facing the young woman.

          - Looking for something ? Or someone ? She asked with a gentle smile.

          - I just found what I was looking for. Come on, it's time for my story. He took her hand, sending shivers all over her body.

The two young Eternals came to the circle that had formed and they could see Sprite finish her story about Gilgamesh. Druig sat Nyx next to Kingo as he set out in the middle of the circle. She knew that he did not like to be the center of attention and it really touched her that he agreed to do it, for her.

          - Ladies and Gentlemen... He began to tell in their native language. Let me tell you the story of the night. That splendid woman who didn't think she could be shining, but she did, indeed. He looked at Nyx and give her a tender smile.

Nyx didn't let him out of her sight for a second, watching him go around the circle as he told his story. Her story. Of course she noticed, how could she not have ? And if she had noticed it, all the others had done the same, casting at times complicit glances that she did not send back, being far too captivated by the accounts of Druig. She could listen to him speak for hours, even for the rest of the eternity if she could. His accent rolling on his tongue and his soft voice hypnotized her. Whenever the telepath's gaze landed on her, she seemed to melt before his blue eyes. She felt something for Druig. She knew it.

I'm so so proud of this chapter, they're so freaking cute, I can't ! What did you think of it ? I really wanna know your opinion about that story because for me it's the best one but my opinion is a little biased.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 99 15
"You have loved each other in all of your lives before this one. Don't let this opportunity be wasted." ⚠️SPOILERS FOR MARVEL'S ETERNALS MOVIE⚠️ Drui...
105K 2.6K 18
After centuries, they were now knocking on the door she tried so hard to close. "She used to be their light, but the darkness they never wanted arriv...
26.1K 710 15
eris never had anything in life. she never had a full life. never had anyone stay. never felt welcomed into the avengers. the world called her a he...