Imprisonment (DNF)

By PieraLive

George visits dream in prison after years of procrastinating it. But tensions rise as physical attraction and... More

Dreams thoughts
Georges thoughts
Tension
Lust
A tragic ending or a new beginning?
A new beginning.
Dream has some fucking issues
Uh oh.
Maybe not a new beginning...
An unexpected visit.
Plans put into action.
Shit might go down
Contemplation
Definitely not a new beginning.
A tragic ending...
A bit of an explanation.

Epilogue

1.5K 51 27
By PieraLive

Georges soft palm slid through the pink pettles of the flowers. A soft smile formed across his cheeks, as his fingers slid along the stem.
The sun was setting on the horizon, red and yellow rays dancing in the sky like watercolour.
The leaves swayed slightly in the light wind, and Georges mind wondered with it.

The grass blades rustled as the wind picked up, and George stared.
Green was so pretty.
So he followed it.

He walked along fields, feeling the leaves crunch under his bare feet. He didn't know where he was going. And he started to run. The cool summer breeze flew through his hair, and George felt lost in it. Free, but lost. And alone.

And he ran, and he ran, and he ran.

-

Stars twinkled modestly in the night sky, peaceful and cool. It contrasted maliciously with the view that taunted Georges being.
He sighed.
Crumbled buildings littered the floors, broken paths, and ash imbedded into the dirt beneath him.

It almost looked like home.

Carefully, George wondered through the debris, a quiet abandoned city, that reflected far too much pain and chaos.

Pain and chaos that George lived through.

His heart ached, and his skin tickled in the cold air. He shivered.

The stars got brighter, and he noticed a building in the near distance.

His old holiday home.

Completely destroyed, crumbs of mushroom scattered around broken pieces of wood. George peered into the pit that used to be a beautiful lake, and the bridge lay at the bottom of it. Mould had begun to grow on the wet wood. The water had drained, but there was still a sizeable puddle. 2 beautiful fish swam in the blueness.
The same 2 fish that, months ago, George had stared at longingly, admiring their relationship, familiar with their love as he was experiencing the same kind.

Still standing after all the chaos, their noses brushed against each other, before they turned and touched fins. There wasn't enough room for them not to touch anymore.
But despite the sad sight, George huffed in amusement and clarity.

They'd stuck together through thick and thin, and now, at their worst, they were still there for each other.

And that was beautiful to George.

He related to the fish. Both of their stories started the same: lovers losing each other, then eventually finding one another again. Except, after having their home destroyed, the fish ended far closer to one another than ever, and George... George didn't get that happy ending.

A tear was Brought to his eye, as he smiled at the sight, and he wiped it away with a satisfied sigh. Then he continued on his walk.

Despite all the destruction, he could recognise his way around, silently pointing out old buildings in his head.

Tommy's house.
Tubbos home.

A soft smile formed as he reminisced all his happiest memories at the place he used to call home. He kept walking, hoping to unlock new ones.

The prison.

His smile faded, as the memories came back. Pure bloodshed. And his eyes sparkled. He walked towards the barely standing jail, stepping through the window.

The window he looked out of, to see Wilbur and schlatt taking away his home and loved ones.
The window that shed sunlight into a room that hadn't seen any for years.
The window that led to the room Dream was trapped in. Tortured in. Murdered in.

And by his own best friend.

George now stood in Dreams cell, his hands raised, palms facing up and he stared at them.
Covered in blood.
Dreams blood.
And they would be, forever.

A single tear fell, as complete and utter guilt and regret sunk in.

This was home.
George didn't feel lost anymore.
But he felt more alone than ever.

His heart ached, but he'd gotten used to the feeling.
Lava still lay on some bricks and grass, but most of it had disappeared.

George sat down on a nearby netherite block that had been cut in half, probably due to the destruction, his hands tucked tightly in between his thighs, almost as if to cut them off.

Maybe then, he wouldn't have so much blood on his hands.

And he sat, his back curved, his head bowed, almost touching his legs.

And he sat, silently.

Until he finally spoke.

"Hey Dream." He hadn't realised he was crying until his voice cracked, trying to form words.
"It's George."

George never believed in the whole, interacting with the dead concept, but it brought him closure, despite how stupid he felt talking to himself.

"I- Uh... it's been a while." He settled.
"Couple months by now huh." A tear trailed down his cheek, and sizzled into the small puddle of lava below him.
"I built a new house. Planted flowers." He said, almost as an offering.
"They're green... I think it's my favourite colour now." Georges voice went quite as the words hit.

He truly was alone.

Silence, as he tried to gather his thoughts.

"I..." he sniffled, and wiped his nose, another tear straying.
"I'm sorry I killed you." The words were blunt and stung like fire on his skin, it burned his throat.
"I hope you understand though..."

George went silent for another moment, almost like he was waiting for a response, a sign. His eyes wondered to the dark blue dim lit sky, but he wasn't given anything, but a cool breeze on his lips.

After a while, he spoke again.
"This is stupid." He half laughed, and went to stand up.

"No it's not." A voice came from behind him, and the Brit jumped at the sound.

He wasn't alone.

Quickly, he turned around and his eyes widened at the sight.
"D-Dream?" George could barely choke out the word through the surprise.

"I forgive you, George." Tears swelled at Georges eyelids, and he laughed.
"This isn't real" the Brit was hysterical, and he hoped and prayed that the man before him would say:

Yes it is George. I'm alive.

But he didn't.

"No, I'm not real." Dream spoke, his lips curved into a soft smile.
"But I'm real to you." He offered.

George stuttered. He was stunned. He wasn't sure what to say.

"You don't have to say anything Georgie. I love you. And I forgive you." The man spoke, with sincerity.

George gasped at a loss of words.

He wasn't sure how he felt. Relieved? Terrified?

"And I'm sorry." Dream took a step closer.
"For everything." He held out his hand, offering for George to take it.

He did.

Their palms touched, fitting perfectly together, skin caressing skin, like rain in an ocean, and just like those two fish in Georges old holiday home, they'd found each other once more.

Not even death could keep them apart.

"But I did it all..." Dreams voice turned into a whisper.
"For you."

Tears streamed out of George's eyes now, and he. finally found his words.
"Thank you." He whispered breathlessly.

And just as theirs lips were about to collide, Dream disappeared.

And suddenly, George didn't feel so alone.
His eyes turned to the horizon, knowing Dream was looking back at him.

"I love you Dream. I should have told you when you were alive." He whispered with a sad smile.

Dream would always be with him. George knew that now. And suddenly, he felt like no matter where he went, his home was right there, looking over him, whether it be in the form of a thousand stars twinkling in the night sky, or the soft crunch under his feet as he walked along dry leaves.

George was no longer alone.
George was no longer lost.
He belonged, no matter where he went.
Because he belonged to Dream.

He stood for a few moments, staring into the distance, as the sun began rise.
Then he turned around, and headed towards home again.

A/N hopefully this leaves you all with a lil bit of closure! Love you guys, hope you enjoyed the story, I'm really proud of it :D
Remember to eat and drink water <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

218K 4.1K 24
thank you for all the support :) <3 using dnf to improve my writing👍🏻 Will mostly be all fluff and a few angst here and there !I WILL NOT BE WRITIN...
73.9K 2.5K 7
long story short: Dream agreed to go on a double date with some girls he can't even remember and bribes George to come with him. Saying George was un...
2.5K 19 12
Dream x George oneshots. [Fluff,smut,angst] art by: (the previous one) @ramdot_ on twitter / (the current one) @simondotexe on twitter