Sunsets, Cherry Blossoms, and...

By Nv09102

Shinichiro x fem reader short story! Y/N and Shinichiro had been friends since they could remember. Shinichi... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five

Chapter One

237 11 0
By Nv09102

Nobody's POV

"Oi Y/N-chan" a familiar voice called towards her. She saw the tall delinquent running towards her at the ends of the school gates. "H-hey" he puffed from his attempt to catch her before she headed home.

"Ah Shinichiro what's up?" She casually said, the truth was, Y/N had a huge crush on the tall dark haired boy but she chose their friendship over her heart. Not only had they been friends since they were kids but she also baby sat his younger siblings from time to time and she didn't want to complicate things more by some pesky high school feelings. "Wait up for me! Let's hang out I need some help with homework" he said, Y/N rolled her eyes "Shinichiro I told you to stop cutting class if you would just stay in class you wouldn't have these issues" she sighed. Shinichiro flashed her a cheeky grin knowing his best friend would cave in to his request "whatever let's go" she sighed giving in. How could she say no? Studying with Shinichiro was one of the best things in the world, seeing him completely focused and his cute little frowns when he didn't understand anything, it never failed to make her heart skip a beat.

Y/N and Shinichiro reached his house and Y/N took her their books to study. "Ah wait! Can't we at least snack for a bit?" Shinichiro said following with his stomach grumbling Y/N laughed at the tall boy "you know if you'd actually came to lunch today instead of letting me sit alone you could of had some of my bento box" she shook her head.

Shinichiro always forgot to pack his food for school, he was so busy in the mornings packing Emma and Mikey's lunches that he never had enough time to remember his share. And Y/N, she always knew this. It had become their daily lunch routine, him taking from hers, it was to the point where Y/N would purposely pack more than enough for herself just to give Shinichiro something for lunch but that day he never showed up for lunch.

"Well I'm sorry I had delinquent things to handle" he said flicking his hair, "you mean you confessed to another girl and she rejected you for Wasaka?" She snickered, Shinichiro was infamous for getting rejected due to his friends being better looking than him but Y/N never found them quite as attractive as Shinichiro. "If only it were me" she said to herself in her head. At first it had pained her to hear Shinichiro talk about other girls but eventually she learned to get over it. After all he was her best friend before he was her crush and she never wanted to severe the years of friendship, losing Shinichiro as a friend was not a game she was willing to gamble.

"Ah whatever I don't want to talk about it!" Shinichiro said scrubbing his head making his cheesy delinquent hairstyle fall flat. Y/N loved the sight of Shinichiro's natural hair, the way it delicately fell on his face always made her cheeks  turn red and sure enough her cheeks were rosy and warm. "Hey are you sick or something? Your face is like a tomato right now" Shinichiro said grabbing a bag of chips. "N-no I'm not sick you idiot! Hurry up so we can study" she scolded the boy, he was rummaging through the cabinets opening and closing them multiple times trying to stall time avoiding his homework duties. Shinichiro sighed and sat next to Y/N at the coffee table finally studying like he had invited her to come over for.

"Shinichiro~" a small voice called for her big brother "Emma-chan, how was school today?" He asked placing the little girl on his lap "school was fun! I got to play a lot on the playground but Manjiro wouldn't play with me!" She said pointing at the little boy who was a spitting image of Shinichiro but with blonde hair. He was making funny faces at his younger sister sticking out his tongue. "Manjiro" Shinichiro sternly said causing the boy to tense up "take care of your sister at school okay" he scolded the little boy frowned "no! I don't like playing with girls I want to fight with the other boys and every time I punch Emma she cries!" He said back Y/N giggled at the cuteness of the sibling bond. It was almost like Shinichiro was in complete dad mode. "Y/N-Ne san! Do you not have a home? You're always over" Manjiro said, Y/N was taken aback by his question but not surprised because the little boy definitely had a feisty attitude. "Mikey!" Shinichiro said bonking his younger brother's head. Manjiro stuck his tongue out at Shinichiro and ran upstairs before getting caught by him.

"He's such a brat" Shinichiro clicked his tongue in annoyance "he kind of reminds me of you when we were little kids" Y/N chuckled, Shinichiro glared at Y/N convincing himself that he was nothing like Mikey when he was in elementary school. "Emma-chan it's time for you to go upstairs and play okay? Y/N-onee san and I have work to do" Shinichiro said looking down at the little girl who just pouted and slowly walked upstairs.

"I have something to tell you Y/N" Shinichiro said, Y/N looked up at Shinichiro raising an eyebrow at him curious at what the tall boy was going to ask her but no words managed to escape his mouth.

Shinichiro grabbed Y/N's wrist and brought her to the balcony looking at the skyscrapers that lit up the night. "What did you bring me out here for Shinichiro?" She asked now confused "I know" he said after taking a deep breath. "Huh? What are you taking about? Are you light headed from not eating at school today?" She said pressing her hand against his forehead. Shinichiro grabbed her hand that rested on his forehead and turned to her she felt her cheeks get red again and was praying he didn't notice.

The warm spring breeze brushed against her skin making her feel warm and tingly. "I know you like me" he said still holding her hand. Y/N was flustered her face grew more and more heated at his words "a-are you dumb w-we're best friends" she said stuttering she scowled at herself for not talking properly but she also couldn't help her embarrassment. "I mean come on- me and y-you? That's like weird" she said faking a laugh, Shinichiro was still holding her hand "but is it though?" He said leaning in. Y/N stepped back at the sudden closeness of their faces lips barely a finger width apart from each other had taken her aback.

"Y/N- have you ever had your first kiss?" He asked in a low voice "N-no why are you being so weird Shinichiro if I had my first kiss I would of told you" she said. Shinichiro cornered Y/N to the edge of the balcony and leaned in towards her face again. Their lips brushed against each other almost fully touching until he broke the silence between them again "you don't have to lie to me" he said, Y/N tried to push Shinichiro away but it was no use, he was holding on to her hands now taking full control "what if I told you I like you too and I've been an idiot this whole time" he whispered before sealing the gap between their lips.

"Your first kiss" he said pulling away only to go back in for another kiss.

"Your second kiss" he said pulling away again

"And your third kiss, I want to be all your kisses" Shinichiro whispered, Y/N was frozen.

There was no way this was happening to her, she had longed for Shinichiro to see her more than a friend since they were 6 and now here they were, 10 years sharing their firsts with each other.

Shinichiro's POV

I skipped out on lunch today to confess to another girl yet was rejected. "Stupid Wakasa" I said out loud.

I'm sorry I like Wakasa

The girl's answer ringed in my ears "AHHH THIS IS STUPID" I yelled kicking a trash can "rejected again Shin?" Wakasa said smoking a cigarette, he handed me one and I smoked it as well. "All thanks to you Mr. Pretty boy" I said, Wakasa laughed. "Well since you've asked about 20 other girls to be your girlfriend and not Y/N I'm assuming she's not your type?" Wakasa asked.

I raised my eyebrow side Y/N was beautiful and smart but she had been my best friend since we started school and although I had a tiny crush on her as a kid I grew out of that feeling. "So can I ask her out?" Wakasa said kicking a rock, I grew out of my feeling for Y/N, or so I thought.

"Huhhh? Y/N?" I asked gawking at Wakasa. He shrugged "yeah I mean why not? She's pretty cute and she's also smart maybe she'll do all my homework" he shrugged I clicked my tongue "she's not somebody to just have because she's cute and smart she's a complete headache. She's stubborn and always mad, I don't understand how her tiny body can hold so much anger. Plus she's already busy doing my homework" I said crossing my arms Wakasa grinned "dude you could of just said you like her" he smirked. I felt my face get hot "I-I don't like her!" I denied, but there was always a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart when I thought about her.

Wakasa put out his cigarette and patted my back "whatever dude just know I'm not the only one who thinks she's a total catch. There's plenty of guys eyeing her. Nobody ever approaches her because of you and because it's obvious she likes you" he said before leaving. Plenty of guys eyeing her? Obvious she likes me? "What do you mean she likes me?" I asked Wakasa laughed and turned around "come on bro, it's the way she looks at you" he smiled. For some reason the fact that other guys were looking at her made my blood boil. But the thought of her having feelings for me stirred emotions I didn't know I still had. I rolled my eyes and headed back to my last class of the day continuing to ponder on what Wakasa had said to me.

Y/N was walking out of the school and I decided to take notice of the guys passing by her "man she's so hot maybe now is our chance I don't see Shin around" a guy said his friends were all nodding in agreement, I clicked my tongue and stood in front of them. "What are you guys looking at?" I said towering over them. "N-nothing" one of them stuttered before they all scattered away. I shot my head over in Y/N's direction, crap. She was almost out of the school gates, I ran towards her making up an excuse "Wait up for me! Let's hang out after school I need some help with homework" I lied I didn't give two shits about homework or school but I just wanted to walk home with Y/N and have her come over.

We walked towards my house and I examined her face as we were walking. Y/N had grown, she was no longer the weak little girl from elementary school, her facial features sharpened giving her a perfect face. The way her hair had grown beautiful from her portly cut kindergarten bowl cut, although I had to admit that was a cute look on her when we were kids. "Shinichiro look!" She said smiling and pointing at the sunset.
"It looks so pretty" she said.

She always had a fascination with sunsets and even though we walked together every day after school she always pointed out the sunset gleaming over it. I smiled while looking at her "it sure is" I said. Have I been blind this whole time? How could I have not seen that the girl in front of me was no longer a girl anymore? She had grown into such a beautiful delicate yet somehow fierce woman. The way the orange and red sun rays hit her face made her look like she was glowing, the sweet spring scent of cherry blossoms filled the air reminding me of how much she loved cherry blossoms. It was her favorite season.

I definitely had been blind to not notice her until now, every once and a while I would glance at her to see her staring at me while we walked in comfortable silence but immediately looking away every time our eyes gazed at the same time.

Today was the day I realized how in love I was with her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 281 16
Y/n L/n is Kiyoko's best friend. When Y/n got the news that her family was moving to Miyagi for her parents' new jobs. She is excited to see her best...
260K 6.9K 23
(This is the updated version about the story!!) About story: (Y/N) knew shouko from an old school, separation left them to fend for themselves after...
14.9K 291 24
Y/n and Mikasa Ackerman we're taken in by the Yeagers after their parents were killed. Eren Yeager was Y/n's closest friend and as kids, they had pro...
14.7K 601 35
-After a night of going out with your friends, you find yourself swept up with a handsome man you meet. It goes well for awhile until your friends co...