A Gamer's Journey

By somepersonwhowrites

After waking up in the middle of the night on his tenth birthday he found himself with box that says "Welcome... More

The Beginning
The Beginning Part 2
I don't like where this is going
I don't like where this is going Part 2
Hooray to being homeless
Hooray to being homeless Part 2
Didn't expect this to happen
The boring training arc
The Boring Training Arc Part 2
I always wanted a slave
I don't want to become a nerd, but I kind of want to
Yay for human trafficking
How many dungeons does this city have?
What a wonderful dungeon
I blame this all on Anenoid
What could possibly go wrong
What happened last night?
Why is this room on hard mode?
This isn't even fair anymore
Why do I hear boss music
This didn't go as planned
Never expected a deer
Homeless people are scary
I hate my siblings
Stupid ape
Introductions
Crickets have weird legs
Where's the armor?
A shower seems nice
Chemistry is fun
Go away Alice
Slime is fun
Happy Birthday!
Second try!
Memories
Greed
This is too much for me
Fast Travel time
Not born equal
The tutorial finally ends
I like where this is going
GTA but in real life
Deception
Segway go Brrrrrrr
Planning for stuff
Winter break!!!!
Plumbing and economics is also fun
It's Christmas!!
Driving is easy
IS THIS LOUD ENOUGH FOR YOU
Coffee sounds nice right now
Further into Greed
(1)Wild, Wild West: Bugs are cool
(2)Wild, Wild west: A streak of badluck
(3) Wild, Wild West The only danger was myself
(4)Wild, Wild West: Ivan needs a nerf
Short chapter for yall
Not a short chapter for ya'll
Hygiene is very important
Back to the normal plot
Final Destination was a good movie
Another training arc!
Just a few different things in one
A business man doing business
Do your actions really matter?
Just a bit of exploring
Smol Chapter
Misleading Heist
Haha funny number
Paranoia and isolation
Old Friends
The Gateway
The debt collector
Uh, Ivan????
Progression?
Scheming
HAHAHA!! MONKE!!!!
ahhh titles
Am Back
1-1
(0*0)
Mommy issues
Did a smart
Haven't been here in a while
Do a flip
Pre-boss fight
A Dying Flame
New Generation
names are hard part 2?
Farm
Horrors that are comprehensible
The barn find :)
ahhh
Start of a struggle
Sleep
Why these weights so heavy :(
Superior Genetics

Back at square one

30 3 0
By somepersonwhowrites

Chapter 82

Sunday, May 24, 2014

1:34 pm

(Ivan's POV)

I look up at my mom as she smiled down at me with a sinister look in her eye. My body shook in fear as I took a step back. I quickly look away out of fear. Goldie took a step forward and stretched out her hand for a handshake. My mom quickly smacked her hand away.

"I wanted to speak to the child, not you." My mom said as she poked her nail into Goldie's chest with every word. Goldie didn't react, she gently pushed my mom's hand away and smiled.

"I'm sorry but," Goldie wrapped her arm around my shoulder and hugged me tightly. My body tensed as my mom looked at me with annoyance. "I just wanted to visit the state. I didn't mean to bother the reunion between you and Ivan." She said with a happy tone. I felt my legs get weaker and weaker as I stood in the presence of my mom. I took a deep breath and gently pushed Goldie's arm off of me.

I don't have to be scared of her anymore, I can defend myself now. I don't know if she has powers or how she knows Nuxiel. I cautiously step in front of Goldie and fake enough confidence to look up at my mom without fear.

"Why do I have to meet with you," I say with bitterness. My mom coldly stared down at me without saying anything. After a few seconds, she suddenly grabbed my hair and yanked my head inside. A dull pain filled my head as I was roughly dragged inside. My mom let go as I stumbled into what looked like a mansion.

I stared down at the red carpet and looked up. I shifted my eyes from side to side, all I found myself in was a long hallway with the hallway opening up to reveal a dining room with a long table with white cloth in the middle of the room. There was a chandler hanging high on the ceiling above the table. The walls were decorated with a bright-red wallpaper with a star-like pattern going across the wall. Goldie walked up to my side and patted my head. My mom walked past us and walked towards the dining table.

I reluctantly follow my mom as she sat down at the very end of the dining table. I notice big, grand stairs behind my mom. The stairs led up to two paths on the left and right. I walk up to the table and stare down at her.

"Why do I have to meet with you," I repeat myself. My mom looked up at me and pointed down towards the ground.

"When you sit down, then I'll tell you." I angrily pull back a chair and quickly sat down on the opposite end of the table away from my mom. Goldie quickly sat down next to my side. Goldie anxiously glanced between me and my mom. My mom leaned back in her chair and crossed her legs. I leaned forward and rested my arms on the table.

"Weren't you going to tell me something?" A loud boom suddenly filled the room. A tall pale man with wrinkles around his cheeks and forehead. The person was holding a large plate in his left palm with wine glasses resting on top of the plate. The pale man first walked up to my mom and put down a wine glass in front of her. The wine glass was filled with a red dark liquid. I smelled a faint smell of iron in the air. The pale man walked over to Goldie, he put down a wine glass filled with an orange liquid with bubbles coming from the top. Goldie picked up the glass and sniffed the liquid. Goldie shrugged and drank the liquid.

The pale man walked over to me and put a glass filled with the dark red liquid in front of me. The pale man quickly walked away with haste. The iron smell got stronger as I picked up the glass and sniffed it. I groaned at the smell, I swirl the glass, the liquid swirled around the glass slowly. I look at the glass and watch as my mom drank the liquid. Goldie smiled as she finished her drink. I cautiously look at the glass and use Inspect.

Ashely's blood-

Description - After dying on May 24th, 2014 at 12:30 pm Anna gathered her blood to use a drink.

I close the box and drop the glass on the table. I quickly stand up in shock.

"This is blood!" I yelled as the glass fell on its side, blood spilled onto the table and dripped onto the floor. My mom slowly blinked in annoyance. Goldie quickly gagged and stood up. Goldie had a face of disgust as she put her hand over her mouth. My mom looked over at her and smiled.

"Don't worry, you got an orange soda," My mom looked over to me and stared me dead in the eye. "I gave Ivan blood." She said with a smug tone. Goldie kept gagging as she held on to her chair tightly. It quickly dawned on me that me and my mom got the same drink. She set her glass down on the table and licked her lips.

"You- you don't drink blood daily right?" I questioned her. I calmed myself down as I wait for her answer. The pale man quickly came through the doors with Windex and a rag in his hands.

"I do." She said blankly. She crossed her arms and smiled. "You could have some water instead, you're only going to get blood or water from me." I ignored her last statement as the blood on the table and floor was cleaned up by the pale man. Goldie glared over at my mom.

"I always knew you were evil," I said through gritted teeth. I put my hand under the table and take out Tribute. "But I didn't think you would do something like this." My mom rolled her eyes and put her left hand on the table.

Before I could comprehend what was happening, I felt something hot and wet drip down my arm. My mom had a wide sinister smile as my gun suddenly appeared under her left hand. I lift my hand up from under the table and look down my wrist as blood gushed out of my forearm.

My mom waved my gun in the air before setting it down on the table.

"Have you ever wondered why I was always inside? Why I only go out at night?. Why you never saw eat or drink anything? It's because I only had to live off of blood. I don't have to eat, drink, or sleep, all I need to do is drink blood." My mom stood up and glared at me. "There should be other things you should wondering about." My mom took a look at my gun and pointed my gun at me. She nodded in approval before my gun suddenly disappeared. My eyes widened as my gun reappeared in her left hand. She tossed my gun to her right hand, the second her fingers grasped my gun it disappeared.

My eyes widened as she smugly smiled in my direction. She didn't use her version of Inventory right? Did I inherit it from her? It's obvious now that she has some sort of powers, I don't think she can use magic. But if she was using Soul, then how could I inherit her power? Before I could say something, she kept on talking. "But that stuff doesn't matter," my mom calmly sat down and traced the rim of her glass with her finger. "You, you are going to live here for now." A tight feeling squeezed my chest, I felt my palms shake with fear running down my spine. Goldie clenched her fist as my mom loudly sighed. "I was enjoying my time without you, but Nuxiel wants us to live together, again." She said with a bored tone.

"I can't live here, not with you," I said with bitterness in my tone. "I can't either way, my school is in Chicago." My mom sighed loudly.

"That's the thing, Nuxiel transferred you to another school after your fight today." I bit my lip in frustration. I don't want to live here, I can't live with her. I felt a tight feeling squeeze my throat. I took in deep rapid breaths as I felt my eyes start to burn. My life was so much better without her in my life. Even if I struggled for a bit. Even if I might have to fight for my life from time to time. It was still better than living with her. "I don't want you here, but if Nuxiel wants it then I don't have much of a choice." She said plainly.

I sat down in my seat and felt Gamer's Mind activate. It doesn't have to be that bad, I still have that mansion Nuxiel gave me. I just have to go to school here, I don't have to interact, talk, or even look at her. My leg bounced up and down with my heart thumping in my chest.

"I would let you use that other place Nuxiel gave you, but," I felt something hot go down my neck. I bring my hand up to my neck and feel around, I felt my neck slowly leak out blood from the side. "Nuxiel doesn't want you avoiding me. I know you wouldn't even think about disobeying me," my mom said with pride in her voice. "But I had to make sure you wouldn't disobey me, so I gave you a little gift. It's the only thing you'll get from me." My body froze up as a box suddenly appeared in front of my face. I felt my wrist tingle with a warm fuzzy feeling. I look down at my wrist, the skin around the cuts quickly came together to stitch itself up. I confusedly look down at my wrist. I look back up at the box and start reading it as my mom smirked.

Ivan Torres

Lvl 73 : 37/593

Title: [ Marksman]

Hair color: Jet Black

Eye color: Amber

Body type: Ectomorph

Skin color: Tan

Weight: 48.5 pounds (21.99 kilograms)

Height:4 feet 5 inches (134.62 centimeters)

Age: 11

Birthday: December 2, 2002

Species: Vampire

Race: Hispanic

Description: Ivan Torres is small and abnormally skinny for his age. He lives in Chicago, Illinois. His biological parents are Anna and Fūjin. He is currently being forced to live with his mom, but would rather be on his own. On Ivan's 10th birthday, a strange series of boxes has changed Ivan's life. He no longer has to eat but can still lose or gain weight. He no longer has to suffer from the lack of sleep, his emotions are a little bit suppressed thanks to this ability. Ivan is currently trying to aid Nuxiel in his quest to kill the gods only because Nuxiel gives him whatever he wants. *DRIVEN BY GREED*

I close the box as another one appeared. I barely grew, my weight is pretty much the same from the first and only time I checked Profile. But why does my species say Vampire? Even my Title changed from demigod to Marksman. I'm a demigod unless my mom did something to me. My eyes quickly widened as I brought up my hand to my neck. My legs trembled as I read the box.

Thanks to your mom biting you, you have changed into a Vampire!

Vampirism - The user's body both benefits and struggles from the life of a vampire. Every time the user drinks a pint of blood, the user gains Regenerative abilities(stacks with each pint), a +500 stat bonus to Str, Vit, and Dex, and a +1000 bonus to Hp, Stamina, and Mp. Even though the user benefits, the user will suffer from: anything holy, UV rays (immune to UV rays in the night), and garlic.

Shackled- The user will be forced to listen to Anna.

My mom looked over at Goldie as I closed the box. I grit my teeth in frustration. I don't like any of this. The benefits are really good, but it comes at the cost of listening to my mom. I don't know what she's going to make me do. Hopefully, she makes me do something easy, like cleaning. I can do cleaning. I pinch my arm in order to calm myself down, I couldn't even feel the pain of my fingers digging into my skin.

"You can go ahead and sit down." My mom said with a smile. Goldie glared at her as she sat down. Goldie's nails dug into the table. The pale man from earlier suddenly came back with plates of food in his hands. A garbage-like scent suddenly assaulted my nose. I gagged from the smell as the man put my food on the table. I look down at my plate and grimace at my food. There was a singular piece of garlic bread sitting on my plate. I look up at my mom with confusion. "Eat it." My mom commanded.

My hand suddenly grabbed the bread without me thinking about it. I opened my mouth wide as my hand rose the bread to my mouth. My body shook violently the second my teeth sunk into the bread. The inside of my mouth burned, I felt vomit quickly come up my throw and fly out of my mouth. Before the vomit hit the ground, I took out a plastic bag and quickly caught my vomit within the bag. I gasped for air as I tied up the bag and put it into my Inventory. My legs shook from a cold that fell over my body.

I heard my mom laugh loudly from across the table. I glared at her as my body calmed itself down. Goldie quickly stood up, my mom glared at her as Goldie looked over at her. I noticed Goldie sink her nails deep into the table. My mom looked over at me.

"Go get me some cigarettes." My mom commanded as Goldie's tails suddenly appeared from the lower half of her body.

My legs got up without me thinking of it. I tried my hardest to stop myself from turning away. A sharp pain ran across my head at the mere thought of disobeying my mom. I let out a loud groan as I resisted my mom's control. In a blink of an eye, I suddenly found myself on the front porch of the house.

I turn around and reach for the door handle. I give it a quick turn, to my surprise the doorknob wouldn't turn. I put all my strength into turning the doorknob. I grunted and gasped for air as I twisted and turned. I kick the door out of frustration and turned around. Why did my mom kick me out? Goldie looked mad, even her tails came out and she usually tries to hide them. I don't think Goldie would resort to a fight for me, but I know my mom would start a fight for no reason. I squinted my eyes at the bright light being reflected from the street. I think back to my new Vampirism perk. The perk said I would suffer from UV rays but by how much? I take off my glove and walk towards the sunlight. I bring my arm to my chest and give it a second thought.

In movies and books, vampires would burn or start to turn to ashes. I don't think they regenerate body parts after being burned either. I take out my hoodie and quickly put it on. I put on my glove and pull my hoodie over my head. I look down at the ground. How do vampires live like this? I know vampires don't have that much of a chance of existing but what do they do when they're forced to go out? I look up and look up at a box that just appeared.

New quest!

Become human!

Rewards:

New title!

New perk!

The Shackled perk is removed

The Vampirism perk is removed

No more orders from mom

Respect from Nuxiel

$500

200 points

5,000 XP

Failure consequences:

Loss of humanity

Mom will have control over you

Accept?

Yes

No

I quickly press accept and smile. At least there's a chance of me being freed from my mom. I look down and proudly step out into the sun.

Sweat formed on my face and body as I endured the heat. I jog towards the bottom of a tree and quickly take off my hoodie.

I wonder if getting an umbrella would help?

1: 48 pm

I walk into the convivence store and quickly take off my hoodie. I breathed a sigh of relief as I started to take off my sweater. I gladly welcomed the touch of cold air on my skin. I tie my sweater around my waist and walk up to the cashier. There was a fat old man behind the counter with a cigarette in his mouth. I look up at him and look at the cartons of cigarettes' behind him.

"Excuse me sir where's the bathroom." The man looked down at me and took the cigarette out of his mouth.

"Sorry little man, the bathroom's for paying customers only." I nod and turn around. I notice an umbrella stand near the door. I smile as I walk over to the umbrellas and grab one. I return to the cashier and hand him the umbrella. The man looked confused as he scanned the umbrella. "Five ten." The man said.

I reach into my pocket and pull a bit of change from my Inventory. I hand the money over to the cashier and grab my umbrella. The man pointed to his left and gave me a set of keys. I fake a smile and walk over to the bathroom. I look around for any cameras, to my disappointment I saw a camera next to the doors side. I ignore the camera and unlock the bathroom door. I leave the door open as I enter and toss the keys into the sink.

I use Illusion and blend myself into my surroundings. I slowly make my way out of the bathroom and close the door on my way out. I stealthy made my way towards the cashier. I look up at the man as he looked down at his phone. I use the wind and violently knock the cartons of cigarettes off the shelf. The man turned around as cigarette cartons fell onto his body. I use the wind and toss myself a carton. I put it back into my Inventory and walk back to the restroom. I open the door, grab the keys, and walk out of the bathroom with my Illusion gone. I toss the keys onto the counter and open up my new umbrella. I held the umbrella close to me as I walked out of the store.

I carefully made sure that not a single part of my body was outside the umbrella's shadow. I felt a sense of fear wash over my body at the thought of myself burning up from a single mistake. I carefully made my way back to my mom's house, I stopped in front of the house as I saw a girl my age trying to look into one of the windows. The girl had long brown air, I notice how the scars on her forearm. I notice how her forearms tensed up as she pulled herself up with her fingertips to get a better view. She groaned and turned around.

Our eyes quickly met. Her eyes were a bright brown, she had freckles on her cheekbones. The girl was wearing a tank top that clearly showed how athletic she was. Her arm and legs were covered with scars. I grip my umbrella tightly as her body tensed up.

"What are you doing here?" I asked the girl.

"Nothing," she said plainly. I walk over to the porch with my eyes dead set on the girl. I got under some shade and closed my umbrella.

"Trying to look into a window is something."

"What are you doing here?" The girl asked with her arms crossed. I point to my mom's house and grit my teeth.

"I live here," I said with an annoyed tone. The girl faked an obviously fake smile and started to walk to the porch.

"Well, I uh think I left something in there. Do you mind if I come inside of a bit?" I shake my head.

"My mom doesn't want people she doesn't know in the house," I said as a quick excuse. The girl lifted an eyebrow.

"You're mom?" She said with a confused tone. I raise an eyebrow in confusion.

"Yeah?" I said in a high-pitched voice.

"Oh," the girl paused for a second. "You're adopted right?" She said bluntly. I wish I was but sadly I'am related to my mom. I shake my head silently. A shocked expression suddenly appeared on her face. "You guys don't look anything alike though."

I tried my best not to smile at her response. I'm glad she doesn't see me as related to my mom but I feel like if she found out I was happy about it she would just ask more questions.

"I take more after my dad," I said with a smile. The girl tilted her head as my response.

"I thought your mom lived by herself?" She said while staring directly into my eyes. She took a single step towards me filled with confidence.

"My mom and dad are divorced. I'm living with my mom now." The girl took a step back with a sheepish expression.

"Oh sorry, I didn't know." I nod and take a step back towards the door. "Do you need help moving some furniture then?" She said with a slight hint of excitement in her voice. Why does she want to go into my mom's house so bad? I know her leaving something in the house is a lie. But else could she want?

"I'm already done moving but thank you," I responded. I raise up my arm and made sure the girl saw me look at my watch. "Uh I have to go something for my mom, I, uh..." my body tensed up as I tried to think of a lie. I can think of all sorts of lies but have trouble making up lies for her? "My mom wants me to clean my room." The girl smiled.

"You need help with that." I turn around and look over my shoulder.

"I'll ask my mom if you can come in," I said with a huge smile on my face. I reach for the door. Before the girl could do anything, I took a step inside the house and slam the door. I breathe a sigh of relief as I lock the door. I grab my hoodie and put it back into my Inventory. I put my umbrella on my shoulder and walk to the dining table. I put the umbrella into my Inventory as I looked around for Goldie.

All I saw were plates and pieces of glass scattered on the ground. Tiny bits of food were messily scattered on the ground. Bits of the dining cloth was torn off, huge scratch marks ran across the table. I look around for any sign of Goldie. I spot a streak of blood leading towards a hallway next to the table.

I quickly follow the streak in hopes of finding Goldie. Please don't tell me they got into a fight. I know Goldie is strong in a fight, but I don't know about my mom. A tight feeling squeezed my chest as I approached a door with fresh blood on the doorknob.

I use the wind to open the door, to my surprise the door didn't budge. I reach for the doorknob and twist the handle. I pushed but the door wouldn't move an inch. I push harder, it felt like I was pushing against a brick wall. I let go of the doorknob and wipe the blood on my pants. The door suddenly swung open to reveal my mom hunched over with a huge cut across her stomach. There was a wine bottle in her hand, she gasped for air as blood was soaked up by her clothes. She dropped the wine bottle, the bottle shattered into tiny pieces as she stretched her hand out.

"Give me the cigarettes." She demanded. I quickly hand her the cigarettes. "Lighter?" I grit my teeth and give her my lighter. I notice how white her hands were in the light. I look at my brown skin and think back to that girl. I look into her blue eyes and her body. Now that I think about it I don't take after my mom or Fūjin. They both have white skin while my skin is brown. I don't think I'm adopted? But aren't vampires usually pale? Maybe that's why my mom is pale? Because of the lack of sunlight? "Go up the stairs and go to the far left. At the end of the hallway on the right is your room." My mom smiled as she started to slowly close the door. "There's a present on your bed. Have fun opening your door though." She said with a delight in her voice.

My body tensed up as she started to close the door. I turn around and start to walk down the hallway. I go up the stairs and to my left. I stared at the red, star-patterned wall. I approach the door to my room. I take in a deep breath and turn the doorknob. I tried to open the door but just like the other door, the door wouldn't budge. I pushed with all my strength but the door refused to open. I charge all my magic into my arms. I pushed the door with all my weight leaning on it.

I rammed my body into the door a few times. I couldn't get the door to open. I take a step back and relax my body. I look under the doorknob and search for a keyhole. Maybe the door is locked? I searched for a keyhole for a few seconds, to my disappointment there wasn't a lock on the door. There isn't a lock on the door but I can't open the door. Maybe this is a test? I use Inspect on the door for a hint of what to do.

Training door

Description - A door made to specifically block a person from entering unless they train enough to open it. Weight: 165 tons(149,685,482 grams)

I close the box and stare at the door. I knew this was a test, but to open something that's around the weight of a whale? Is that sort of thing even possible? How can something even make something like this? I looked to the side as a box appeared in front of me.

New quest!

Open the door!

Rewards:

A place to sleep

Gifts from ???

+500 Str

New perk!

New title!

$5,000

500 points

500,000 Xp

Failure consequences :

No place to sleep

Punishment from your mom

Accept?

Yes

No

I accept the quest and sit on the ground.

I don't think I'm going to finish this quest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109 5 9
"The world around her swam with mottled light. How long had she been fighting?" So...in sixth grade we took this computer-skills class. Our final tes...
228 31 13
Embark on a thrilling odyssey with Dark as he confronts cosmic forces, battles supernatural foes, and navigates his own inner depths. In this rivetin...
13.4K 1.3K 47
[ BOOK 1 : COMPLETED ] 2019 is when the pandemic broke, little did they know that the Pandemic was just the beginning of an even bigger threat. Fast...
14.7K 1.1K 60
After being left homeless from a destroyed village, two orphans try to make a new life for themselves in the City but things aren't as easy as it see...