Out With The Old, In With The...

By embodimentofimpulse

Chloe, Lila, and Marinette have been best friends for as long as they can remember, but when Chole tells Mari... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Month 1
Chapter 2 - Month 1 pt. 2
Chapter 3 - Month 2
Chapter 4 - Month 2 pt. 2
Chapter 5 - Can't catch a break
Chapter 6 - Their arrival
Chapter 8 - The date pt. 2
Chapter 9 - The date pt. 3
Chapter 10 - 3 steps forward and 2 steps back
Chapter 11 - The start of the tumbling dominoes
Chapter 12 - (Side Chapter)
13 - Their progress
14 - The new enemy
15 - First day drama
16 - Numerous Talks
17 - Traveling & Rescued
18 - Timing and Precision
19 - Breakup + new guy
A/N
Another A/N
20 - Scout out
21 - Scout out pt. 2
22 - Next Gen starts now
Chapter 23
24 - Trial
25 - Trial pt. 2
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
A/N

Chapter 7 - The date

2.9K 55 53
By embodimentofimpulse

They walk down the street while they scroll through their phones trying to agree on a restaurant to eat at.

Marinette: We could eat at that steak place?

Kacey: Nah, to overpriced. We could eat at that Italian place?

Marinette: We'd need a reservation. Do you think we should've stopped at the hotel first? Y'know, to get patched up?

Kacey: Nah it's fine. I don't know about you, but I'm fine.

Marinette: You're hurt but ok.

Kacey: I already told you, I'm going to be fine. And I think your bruises add character. They make you look stronger than you already are.

They smile and laugh a little lifting the tension that surrounded them the whole way.

Kacey: There's that smile!

Marinette: Thanks Kacey!

Kacey: No problem!

Marinette: There's a fast food joint not to far from here. Maybe...we could go there?

Kacey: At you sure? It's...not exactly the fanciest place...

Marinette: It's perfect, Kacey.

Kacey: Are you sure? We can just go for ice cream if you-

They cut him off with an elbow to the side and start laughing.

Marinette: For the last time, I'm sure! Stop worrying so much!

Kacey: You...you look...

Marinette: Is there something wrong with my outfit?

Kacey: N-no! No, not at all! You...you look beautiful. The color makes your eyes stand out more.

They let out a small gasp and continue walking. Keeping eye contact with the ground in doing so.

They eventually reach the burger joint and Kacey opens the door for Marinette, bowing like an idiot.

Kacey: After you, princess.

Marinette: Thank you!

They walk in first, then Kacey walks in after them. They both stop in their tracks when they see Sabrina, Mylene, Rose, and Alya sitting at a booth.

Marinette: Oh god, no...

Kacey: Just ignore them, Bluebell. Just because they're here doesn't mean they can ruin our night.

They give him an affirmative nod and they go and stand in line waiting to order their food.

Marinette: Surprised no one's asked if we were ok.

Kacey: Honestly, same.

It's their turn in line and they walk up to the cashier.

Cashier: Hello, kids! What can I- OH MY, ARE YOU TWO OK!?

Kacey: Y-yes, yes! Just a little physical altercation between a psycho! Nothing too major...

Marinette: He's telling the truth. Although, I wouldn't call him a psycho, more of an overly confident, jealous bastard.

Kacey: That works too!

The cashier looks at them in worry, but the feeling quickly disperses.

Cashier: U-uhm...yes! Well...what can I get for you kids?

Kacey: Can I get a bacon cheeseburger hold the onions, a side of curly fries, and a Cookies and Cream milkshake?

She enters it in the order register and turns to look at Marinette.

Marinette: Can I have chicken sandwich, a side of steak fries, and a Berry Blast smoothie?

Cashier: Alright! One number 7 and one number 12, your total is $28.94.

Kacey takes out his wallet and gives the cashier $40.

Cashier: Your change is $11.06. Here you go and your food will be ready in a little while!

Marinette: Alright!

They go find a table and Marinette scoffs seeing the girls giving them nasty looks.

Kacey: How much you wanna bet there gonna come over here and cause a scene?

Marinette: 10 bucks they're just gonna stare.

Kacey: Deal!

Rose, Sabrina, Alya, and Mylene get up and storm over to Marinette and Kacey.

Kacey: HA! Hand it over, Bluebell!

Marinette: Damn, can't I be right for once?

They hand Kacey the 10 dollars and Alya slams her hands on the table, annoyed at not getting an immediate response from Marinette.

Kacey: Can we help you?

Sabrina: Yes! Do you know you're dating a bully!?

Marinette: Oh, they haven't heard! This is funny shit right here!

Kacey: I'm on a date with a "bully". Big difference there, number one. And number two, Bluebell, couldn't hurt a fly. I would know!

Alya: Ah, the slut's got a new boy toy!

Kacey: Bitch! Who do you think-

Marinette: That's funny seeing as I'm one: A virgin, and two: I haven't slept with two people at once, gotten preggo, and tried to hide it. If anyone here is a slut, it's you.

Kacey: Damn, Bluebell! Give me some!

He holds his fist out and they give him a fist bump with a smile on their face.

Rose: I can't believe you, Marinette!

Kacey: That's funny as hell! She can't believe! Are you hearing this?

Marinette: I'm hearing it all!

Mylene: Marinette, can't you see he's trying to change you!?

Sabrina: He's probably one of the people bullying Lila as well!

Rose: How come you aren't on a date with Adrien, Marinette?

Marinette: Because, fuck Adrien!

The girls all gasp at Marinette's words and Kacey stares at them lovingly while they aren't paying attention.

Alya: Oh, c'mon, Marinette! We a know you love Adrien! He even said that he feels the same about you! I told him earlier today and he said he's always felt that way! Just apologize to Lila and you guys can be a couple!

Mylene: Yeah, Marinette!

Kacey: How about one: You respect THEIR pronouns! Two: THEY don't apologize, because THEY did nothing wrong! And three: THEM and Agreste don't do anything because fuck him!

Marinette: Exactly! And four: He beat Kacey's ass for no reason! Why on GOD'S GREEN EARTH would I wanna be with...THAT of all people?

Cashier: One number 7 and one number 12?

Kacey: That's us!

He grabs Marinette's hand and takes her with him to get their food. Alya stands there in shock with the other girls watching Marinette blush hard when Kacey grabs her hand.

She snaps a quick picture and sends it to Adrien. She watches as Kacey takes Marinette's phone out of her hands and put it in his pocket, walking out with her with his hand around her waist.

Alya stands there infuriated that Marinette could just change her feelings just like that and decides that she's willing to go to any length to get Marinette and Adrien together.

While she does that, Marinette and Kacey stop at the park to eat their food before getting ice cream at André's.

Marinette: I like the park. It's so peaceful here.

Kacey: It's really beautiful too...

He takes some Lilacs from a bush and ties them into Marinette's hair.

Kacey: There, all finished!

He finishes tying the last flower into her hair and goes back to eating his sandwich.

Marinette: I- U-uhm- You- About the-

Kacey chuckles watching her trying to find the right words.

Kacey: You want a side of fries with that stutter burger, Bluebell?

Marinette: I'm gonna be serving some Filet-O-Fist in a minute.

Kacey: Too bad you love me then, huh?

They look away from him grumbling incoherent sentences.

Kacey: See? I knew you'd agree with me!

Marinette: I never said anything like that.

Kacey: But you didn't deny it either!

They stop for a moment realizing that he's right.

Marinette: That's not fair!

Kacey: All is fair in love and war! Now let's go get that ice cream! He's at the Jardins des Tuileries, where the backworder fight was, if I'm right? C'mon, I'm buying!

Marinette: Hmmm...ok!

They gather their trash and throw it away in a nearby trash can. On the way back, they trip over a rock and fall forward, unfortunately landing on their face.

Kacey speeds over to make sure they're ok, while they sit up clutching their ankle in pain, trying to hide it with a goofy smile.

Marinette: Clumsy me, haha...ow...

Kacey: Are you ok? Does it hurt badly? Can you walk? Do you need me to call-

Marinette: Relax, it was just a little tumble.

Kacey: "Little tumbles" don't result in that much swelling. You're not walking on it.

He picks them up bridal style and starts carrying them André's ice cream stand.

Marinette: W-what are you doing, Kacey!?

Kacey: I'm helping my Princess~ Is that a crime~?

Marinette: W-well, n-no, b-but- You can't just go scooping up people a-and carrying them t-to u-unknown places!

Kacey: But you know where we're going, so what's the problem?

Marinette: Well- You- That's- I-

Kacey: Exactly!

Marinette: I could've just hopped the rest of the way, you know.

Kacey: Then I wouldn't a very good knight for my Bluebell, would I?

Marinette: Sh-shut up idiot...

Kacey: You love me and you know that!

Marinette: You're insane!

Kacey: Fine, fine!

He sets them on their feet and they hold themself up by holding onto Kacey's arm. They start hopping while Kacey holds them up by their waist.

Marinette: See? I told you I could do it.

Kacey: And yet you still need to hold onto me for support.

Marinette: Filet-O-Fist, will be served in T-Minus 1 minute!

Kacey: HAHAHAHA!

They eventually get to André's ice cream cart with Marinette still hopping on one foot.

André: Oh my! What happened to you two?

Marinette: It started at the smoothie shop, when Agreste decided to beat up Kacey, then I got hit in the crossfire. Then, I fell on my face and my ankle twisted the wrong way.

Kacey: It's swelling like a balloon filling with air, do you happen to have any ice in there?

André: I'm sorry! I do not have any ice, but would some ice cream help?

Marinette: Yes, please!

Kacey: Sure!

André: Let's see...Ah! We've got some new flavors, would you like to try them?

Kacey: Yeah!

Marinette: Yes!

André: Alright, my friends, I will make you the best ice cream you've ever had!

Kacey: Is it magic?

André: Only if you believe, young man! Many of my costumers have found everlasting love thanks to André's sweetheart ice cream! Will you give it a try?

Kacey: Magic ice cream? Count me in!

Marinette: I'm pretty sure all he heard was "Magic ice cream".

Kacey: That is NOT true!

Marinette: Oh, yeah? Then what did you hear besides that?

Kacey: The part about it being sweetheart ice cream resulting in everlasting love!

They shake their head in amusement chuckling. Kacey looks at them with soft eyes and André stares at the couple in front of him.

André: I've got the perfect combination for the both of you!

He says as he starts scooping the ice cream flavors and tossing them onto the cone.

André: For our gentleman, we have: Cherry chip (Cherry with chocolate chips) for her hidden persona, Strawberry Lemonade with Vanilla dots for her sweet personality, and Blue Raspberry for her mesmerizing stare!

He slowly reaches for his cone questioning how André knew.

Kacey: How'd you...?

André: Because I can read your heart! André Glazier is an expert in the art of love! Now, for our lovely Marinette, we have our newest flavors: Yin and Yang (Dark Chocolate and Vanilla) for his change of heart, Cotton candy for his eyes, and Earth's Wonder (Lime and Blue Raspberry) for what he's willing to give up for you!

They smile and take their ice cream cone.

Marinette: Thanks André!

André: You are welcome, Marinette.

Kacey: How do we know if the ice cream really works?

André: All you have to do is trust your heart! Trust your heart and it will always lead you in the right direction!

Marinette: Thanks for the ice cream!

Kacey: Thank you! Hey, Marr, can you walk?

Marinette: Yeah, it doesn't hurt too bad.

They start walking enjoying their ice cream while André smiles at the couple.

André: Just trust your hearts.

He rides off to his next stop while Marinette and Kacey go to the Eiffel Tower for the last part of their date.

Kacey: I'm sorry...about what happened between you and your parents...

Marinette: It's alright, it wasn't your fault. It just hurts, knowing they didn't believe me, but...

Kacey: But what?

Marinette: But, at least I can live my life knowing you and everyone else does. And...and it's not like anyone can change that, right?

Kacey: R-right!

Marinette: Oh! I've actually got something for you! Just wait 'till we get to the Eiffel Tower! It's gonna-

Adrien: Hey, Marinette, wait!

Kacey: Oh my fucking-

They both turn around and see Adrien running toward them with a bouquet of Daisies.

Marinette: Oh no...

He holds the flowers out for them and they goes into a sneezing fit.

Marinette: Get- Achoo! Get those- Achoo! Get away- Achoo!

Kacey: They're allergic to Daisies asswipe! What the hell is wrong with you?

Adrien: Who the fuck are you? Like, you just randomly show up and think you're shit!

Marinette: Wasn't random. We knew.

Kacey: If I thought I was shit, you'd see me out here sporting Gucci or Louis Vuitton. If anyone thinks they're shit it's you, you think you're shit just because of your name, your status, and because your daddy has money.

Marinette: Preach!

Adrien: How dare-

Kacey: I dare!

Adrien: You and I both know that you're only looking to get in her pants!

Marinette: Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold it! Stop! Run it back a minute!

Adrien: Was I right?

Marinette: NO! You weren't even close! Playboy and F-boy! Two different topics, two different MOs, two different parts of the graph, Agreste!

Kacey: You've pissed her off. Something even I can't do!

Marinette: The fact that you would even think for even a second that I'd go out with you is astounding! Not to mention the fact that you were stripped of your Miraculous. It's all over the internet by the way, getting a lot of hate here man.

Kacey: Imagine being hated world wide, can't relate!

Marinette: And who the fuck gives a girl flowers she's allergic to!? Who even told you I liked Daisies!?

Adrien: Well, Alya said-

Kacey: The Ombre hair bitch?

Marinette: Yeah. That bitch lied to your face! I'm allergic- spell it with me now: A-L-L-E-R-G-I-C!

Kacey: Hold on, hold on! You're saying I'm an F-boy, meanwhile, you're over here fucking another man's girl!

Marinette: Again, preach!

Adrien: Th-that's completely different! I-I was only using her to get to you, Marinette!

Kacey: Imagine being a man whore, can't relate!

Marinette: HA! Let's play a game of 20 questions!

Adrien: Yeah! I bet I know you better than anyone!

Marinette: That's cap, but go off I guess! Kacey?

Kacey: This is not what I planned but whatever.

Marinette: Such a shame we've gotta do this. Hey, can I have my phone back?

Kacey: Huh? Oh, right, here!

He tosses them their phone and Adrien looks at Kacey pissed.

Adrien: YOU'RE THE REASON WHY SHE HASN'T BEEN ANSWERING MY MESSAGES!

Marinette: Wasn't going to anyway so...

They open their phone and call Chloe. Waiting for her to pick up, she starts eating her ice cream before it melts.

Chloe: Hey, Mari! How's the date going? Did he bail on you? Tell me he didn't bail on you

Marinette: Don't worry he didn't bail. I need you to come to the park by the Eiffel Tower, and bring everyone with you.

Chloe: Why?

Marinette: Q:20:TA.

Chloe: I can't wait to see him fail! We'll all be there ASAP!

Marinette: Kk~!

They hang up and start laughing.

Marinette: This is gonna be funny! Just an FYI, you are so lucky it's May or I would've beat your ass already!

Kacey: Fuck! I still need to pick out my suit!

Marinette: My dress! I haven't picked out my dress yet!

Kacey: We've gotta decorate too!

Marinette: Ugh! How could we forget about something this important!?

Adrien: What does it matter if it's May or not?

They both turn their heads to him in complete and utter shock.

Kacey/Mari: YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF CINCO DE MAYO!?

Adrien: It's not like everyone has the chance to live it up in the U.S!

Kacey: Wow, ok, number one: Fuck you! Number two: Cinco de Mayo is only the best Hispanic holiday that's ever been a celebrated ANYWHERE!

Marinette holds their phone up in Adrien's face and reads the text word for word.

Marinette: "Cinco de Mayo, or the fifth of May, is a holiday that celebrates the date of the Mexican army's May 5, 1862 victory over France at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War. The day, which falls on Wednesday, May 5 in 2021, is also known as Battle of Puebla Day.Apr 16, 2021"

Thank you Mr or Mrs Google! Your survive was wonderful as always!

Kacey: Boom! Get owned!

Marinette: This is Google. It's what you use to look up things, fact check- something you people have no knowledge of, and look for inspo for outfits, designs, and other things.

Kacey: Oh yeah, gimme some, Bluebell!

He holds his hand out for a low five and Marinette returns the gesture. Adrien watches, jealousy rising when he sees how happy Marinette is with someone else.

Adrien(In his head): Who the fuck does this guy think he is trying to get between me and my princess!? She's mine not his! I'M her knight, not this clown! Alya said she loved me! Could...could she have been leading me on this entire time...? It doesn't matter! I love her and she will be mine weather she likes it or not!

Everyone pulls up in the limos and Chloe and Lila run to hug Marinette.

Marinette: Hey girls!

Chloe/Lila: Hey girl!

Luke: Ok, so this is how it's gonna work! A- *Gags* Adrien, Cesaire, Pink chick, and Nerdy McBookworm are gonna be on one team. Kacey, Chloe, Lila, and Nino will be one the other team. There will be 20 questions asked and each question is worth 100 points. If the question is directly related to you, yourself you aren't allowed to answer.

Jason: The MO is to get 2000 points. Adrien and Kacey you guys are the team captains and whichever team has the most points, Marinette will go out with the winning captain. All good?

Kacey: Sure!

Marinette: WHAT!? I NEVER AGREED TO-

Adrien: Ok!

Kim: Poor Mari...

Marinette: Yes, Kim, poor Mari!

Alix: Just a little heads up! All these questions will be revolving around the girl you're both competing for!

Marinette: Without my consent but it's ok. You all go do your thing like you talked to me- WHICH YOU NEVER DID!

They take a few deep breathes to regain their composure.

Marinette: I'm sorry, that wasn't a very good example to be setting at this moment. I apologize if I frightened the kids a little and will try to keep calm during the remaining hours of the day and thought the game.

Nino: That's very grown up, Dudette! I'm so proud!

Marinette: Shove it up there, big bro!

Alix: Now that that's all done-

She takes a noise maker from Max and blows it.

Alix: Thanks Max! LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Max: This was not needed-

Alix/Chloe/Kagami: Yes it was!

Max: Ok, ok!

An unbearable amount of tension is in the air refusing to let up as both teams glare at each other.

Adrien and Kacey out of one sided jealousy (guess who), Alya and Chloe out of one sided jealousy (again), Sabrina and Lila out of (ONCE AGAIN) one sided jealousy (TWICE) and Nino and Rose (THRICE) out of one sided jealousy.

WHO WILL WIN THE HEART OF OUR RESIDENT BLUENETTE?

WHO WILL SHE CHOOSE?

WILL THEY BE ABLE TO GET READY FOR CINCO DE MAYO IN TIME?

WILL KACEY FINALLY CONFESS HIS REGRETS AND FEELINGS TO MARINETTE?

HOW FAR WOULD ADRIEN REALLY GO TO BE TOGETHER WITH MARINETTE?

Post your answers in the comments ✌️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 112 9
she's a popstar and Youtuber Queen And a Tiktoker And Dancer And she go to School Collège Françoise Dupont And she's Chloe half Sister and soon to b...
15K 261 21
Y/n recently moved to paris and she also joined Françoise Dupont High School. She was afraid that she won't be able to make friends.... But the desti...
6.2K 185 34
Another book made for you cause Plagg needs more cheese. This is the second book of What-if Miraculous Series. Marinette thought that her friends are...
97.5K 1.6K 36
Marinette got accepted to a new school but this school is for the Rich. Although Marinette's parents have a successful business, they aren't million...