The Mage & His Alpha

By Winter_Wolf2_0

Book 1 of "The Mage Series" Lucas Williams- 18 years old, the newest Alpha of the Spirit Lake Pack. He is str... More

Mage Spells & Enchantments
Maxwell's Amulet Powers
Mage and Werewolf Ranks
Character Descriptions
Chapter 1: Coming Out
Chapter 2: Banishment & Flashbacks
An Update on my Mental Health
Chapter 3: Intruder or Mate?
Chapter 4: Nightmares & Soulmates
Chapter 5: Tensions & Trust
Chapter 6: Answers & Promises
Chapter 7: Breakfast,Chemistry, & Breakdowns
Chapter 8: Potions & No Magic?
Chapter 9: Candy Stores & Relatives
Chapter 10: The Story, Kisses, & Enemies
Chapter 11: Progess & Close Calls
Chapter 13: Advancement vs Setback
Chapter 14: Hickeys & Introductions
Chapter 15: Movies & Love Songs
Chapter 16: Visions, Deities & Bites
Chapter 17: Marks & Announcements
Chapter 18: Training,Hostages,& Power
Chapter 19: Adorableness, Rage, & Rifts
Chapter 20: Hide and Seek & Grandchildren
Chapter 21: Pasts & Figure 8s
Chapter 22: Magic & The War Room
Chapter 23: Formulas & Drawings
Chapter 24: Pride & Sparring
Chapter 25: Elixirs & Secrets
Chapter 26: Distractions & Jewels
Chapter 27: Pendants, Romance, & Souls
Chapter 28: Worries & Fiona
Chapter 29: The March
Chapter 30: The Duel
Chapter 31: Finale
Christmas Special: Rivers & Rings

Chapter 12: Stitches & Schemes

3.2K 122 12
By Winter_Wolf2_0

This chapter has been edited!

Lucas's POV:

Before the attack, so around 9:30-

It made me a little sad, and worried, not waking up to Max beside me this morning. But I was relieved when I saw his note. The little heart he left on it made the note that much more special. Knowing my mate was alright, I headed to the kitchen, and made a bowl of cereal. Cocoa Pebbles no less. Finishing my cereal, I tossed the bowl and spoon into the sink, and decided to go outside.

I felt like working out, or training with some of the pups. Or even starting a match between Sam and I, just so I could kick his ass and laugh about it with him. Just as I was about to head over to the training area, someone busted into my head.

"Lucas! Lucas!" It was Max! But wait... he doesn't have the mind-link. How is he doing that? Magic?

"Max? How are you doing that?" I ask. I hear him sigh with... relief?

"I'll explain later, just get to the lake!" he exclaims. "I'm under attack, and I'm badly injured!" FUCK!

"I'm coming, just hold on a little longer!" I replied, my voice cracking.

"Be careful, they're mages!" he warns. "Oh, and don't attack the dragon!" My eyes widened.

"WHAT!" I burst out. I go to question him again, but he's already cut the link. I frantically tried to reach Sam and Cassandra in the mind link.

"Sam, Cassandra, get your asses to the lake NOW! And bring a few warriors! Max is under attack!" I commanded, my Alpha tone slipping in.

"Yes Alpha!" they responded. I then shifted into my wolf, and I start running towards the lake. Not long after I'm joined by Sam, Cassandra, and a few pack warriors, and we continued to run to the lake. A few minutes later we got to the edge of the clearing, and we all heard thundering footsteps.

We poked our heads from the trees to see a massive dragon, that was fighting two mages. But wait, that dragon has Max's amulet around its neck! Connecting the dots, I finally realize that the dragon IS Max! I looked closer to see two of his legs bleeding, with horrific gashes across his beautiful scales. We watch as Max blasts electricity at the taller mage, but the mage jumped away. But that mage dropped his staff, and Max incinerated it with a blast of electricity.

The taller mage yelled in frustration at the other mage, who was slightly shorter, for his staff. The shorter mage tossed it to him reluctantly, and when the taller one caught it, he went invisible. But a few seconds later, we see him reappear by Max's last good leg, and he tries to slash it with... a sword made of MAGIC! He succeeded, which made me growl with immense anger. No one hurts my beautiful mate without dying as a result. The mage tried to slash Max again, but I was able to breath again when Max kicked him away. But the other mage was already there, and shot a blast of ice at his only good leg. Max howled him pain, and limped away. But he collapsed to the ground!

Max's dragon form growled, and his amulet began to glow bright green, the light now engulfing him. When the light cleared, Max was in his true form, and it made me and my wolf boil in even worse and stronger hatred. He had small cuts on his face, one of his legs all full of frostbite, with his other arms and legs bloody and slashed. The taller mage approached Max, and raised the staff. Fuck no! I bolted from the trees, the others right behind me. I pounced on the mage with the staff and bit his head off. His strangled cry of pain did nothing to me.

I looked behind me to see the others surrounding the shorter mage. He had to balls of magic in his hands, one fire, the other lightning. He was about to throw the fireball, but in the blink of an eye, he was encased in a block of ice. I turn again to see Max, his hand held out, and icy blue magic covering his hand. As the magic from his hand cleared, he attempted to stand up, but he fell back to his knees, releasing a small cry of pain.

I shifted instantly, and was at his side.

"By the Gods", I gasped, looking at his wounds. "We need to get you to Dr. Pollard, now! Are you able to climb on my back? It will be faster if I carry you as a wolf."

"I'll try", he whimpered, which caused my heart to break into a million pieces. He made his staff appear in his hand, using it to lean on while he stood up. Giving him a worried expression, I shifted to my wolf. I knelt down so he could climb on easier, but he muttered something to his staff, making it gently float beside him. He then preformed the same spell on the ice that held the mage. I felt him climb on my back, and I also felt him grip my fur. He buried his face into my fur, and told me I could go. I slowly raised myself off of the ground and I sprinted into the woods, the block of ice and Max's staff gliding beside us, and the other wolves right behind us.

In a few minutes we reached the pack house, and I take Max to our clinic. I mind linked the group, telling them to leave and go do their other duties. One things for sure, the scouts who were supposed to keep an eye out for intruders like those mages are not going to like me when I'm through with them. And that's no threat, but a definite promise. The wolves with me, shifted back and went about their business. I helped Max off of my back, and I shifted back. Max plucked his staff from the air, and made the ice block set down beside the door.

Before Max went any further, and hurt himself more, I picked him up bridal style and carried him into the clinic. I mind linked Dr. Pollard to meet me in room 1A. She told me she would meet me there at once, and closed the link. We made it to room 1A, and I gently laid Max on the hospital bed. Dr. Pollard came in a moment later, took one look at Max, and said "By the Moon Goddess!" She rushed to get whatever she needed, but I wasn't paying any attention. I was too busy being focused on my mate, looking into his eyes, holding and squeezing his hand. He looked so in pain, so tired, and that usual sparkle in his eyes was missing, making my wolf whimper.

"He's going to need heavy stitches, and possible skin graphing", Dr. Pollard said to me. "I don't know about that frostbite though. He might have to use his powers to heal that." I nodded in response, knowing Max was in good hands with her. Dr. Alice Pollard was a small, petite woman, with ocean blue eyes, and shoulder-length brown hair. Her knowledge in medicine, surgery, or any other procedure was incredible, despite her age of 24. She was mated with Cassandra, and they were always showing each other love and affection whenever they could, because Cassandra is my battle trainer and Alice is the pack doctor, so they both were always busy.

Dr. Pollard called a nurse named Hannah in to help her, and they began to prepare Max for stitches. I just sat there, and held his hand, never leaving his side. I kept kissing his knuckles, and when Dr. Pollard and the nurse popped his arm back into place, Max let out a shrill cry of pain. I could feel the shock course through his body, and I heard a small crash. I looked to the counter me to see popsicle sticks all over it, the glass container being completely shattered.

"Sorry about that", Max whispered. "My magic lashed out due to the shock." I kissed his forehead, and gave him a tiny smile.

"Don't worry about it", I tell him. "It wasn't your fault. You can't help that your magic spasms like that due to your emotions."

We were interrupted by the nurse, who had gotten rubbing alcohol and a soft cloth, and began to carefully clean Max's arms and legs. Max winced a few times, but he never pulled away. Once the nurse was done, Dr. Pollard came over to us with a syringe, full of numbing medicine.

"Baby pinch, right now", she said. Max drew in a sharp breath when she inserted the needle into his left leg.

"Its alright baby, I'm here", I whispered in his ear. He only drew another sharp breath, and buried his face into my arm. After numbing his arms, Dr. Pollard came up to Max with another needle, and some thread, specifically for stitches. Making sure that he wasn't able to feel anything, she started stitching Max up. Max made no indication of it ever hurting him, but he never watched what she did, and instead kept his face in my arm. I whispered comforting words into his ear, and watched as Dr. Pollard continued stitching up Max's leg.

Once she had finished with stitching Max's arms and leg, (which took around an hour) she put an antibacterial oil on his skin where the stitches were, and wrapped them carefully in bandages.

"You'll need to stay off of your feet as much as possible for at least two days", she instructs. "No magic until them either. Make sure to consistently apply antibacterial oils to the stitches and do not get those bandages wet. Come by tomorrow so I can check on your arms and legs."

"Yes ma'am", Max answered. "Thank you."

"It was my pleasure", she replied, giving Max a small smile. He gave a weak one back, and she shooed us from the room. I picked him up bridal style and walked out of the clinic.

"Cassandra, take the block of ice that's holding that mage, and put it in the cellar", I ordered through the mind link.

" At once, Alpha", she replied.

"Dr. Pollard, nurse Hannah, tell no one that Max is my mate", I commanded.

"Of course, Alpha", they said at the same time.

Max didn't say a word while I carried him back to our room. We got some mysterious looks from the pack member that we passed, but I payed no mind to them. The only thing important to me right now was my mate's well being. Once I got to the double doors to our room, I lightly kicked them open, and I gently sat Max on the bed. I carefully wrapped him up in the sheets, and planted a kiss on his lips.

"I'll be back in a minute", I said to him. As I was getting up to get some water for Max, I felt tingles and a light grip in my wrist.

"Please, don't leave", Max pleaded. How could I say no to my mate? I took of my shirt and I carefully snuggled up with Max under the covers, and he melted into my chest. Being mindful of his bandages, I gently wrapped my left arm around his smaller frame to hold him closer. After a while, I heard his breathing even out, letting me know he was asleep. I smiled and kissed the top of his head, and I inhaled his delectable scent of sugar cookies and cinnamon. I gently rested my chin in his hair, and I slowly drifted off into the world of dreams myself.

Westwood Clan Lands-

Clara's POV:

"Those fools!" I yelled, as I peered into my stone basin. The water showed me Seth in a block of ice in a basement, and I had already seen Kameron's mangled body. But the part that angered me the most was that werewolf in a bed with MY Max! How dare he! In a fit of anger, I swung around, shot my hand out, and shattered a mirror with magic. Feeling a tiny bit better, I looked back at my basin, but I heard a knock at my door.

"Clara, he's here", my father, Patrick, said through the door.

"Thank you daddy", I said, using a fake but convincing happy tone. I heard his recreating footsteps, and rolled my eyes. What an imbecile. He was never the same after my mom, Rosalie, passed away from a heart attack a year ago. His mind became more fragile, easier to manipulate. That was how I had gotten my basin, and how I was allowed to send the message to Jefferson Lavellen. I used his weakened mind to my advantage, and got what I wanted. I cleared my basin and walked to the dining room, to see Jefferson Lavellen sitting at the table.

"Ms. Clara", he greeted, standing up. "I believe we have something important to discuss, as you said in your message."

"Yes, we do", I answer. "Come with me." I led him to our meeting room, which is just a small room with a big oval-shaped table with ten chairs around it. I sat at the head of the table, while Jefferson sat a few spots to my right.

"Let's get straight to the point", I say. "I asked you here to speak about your son." His face hardened, and anger flashed in his eyes.

"What about him?" Jefferson asked. His voice was surprisingly calm, despite the clear as day rage in his eyes. This made me want to toy with him even more. The best way to do that? Tell him the truth.

" I have learned that he is the mate to an Alpha werewolf", I inform him. "Alpha Lucas Williams of the Spirit Lake Pack, to be specific." More rage filled his eyes, making me internally smirk. I knew he wouldn't take any of this well. Now to use his rage to my advantage.

"Like you, I am disgusted by this", I say in reassurance. "And that's why I asked you here." He raised an eyebrow. I internally chuckled, knowing that I have his full attention.

"You already know that me and Maxwell were to be married in 2 weeks time", I continue. "But that was before you banished him. Yes, I know about that." His eyes went wide with disbelief.

"That did make me angry", I pressed on. "However, I have a plan to make him mine, and that werewolf will be out of the picture." Jefferson smirks.

"What do you have in mind, Ms. Westwood?" he asked.

"We raise a demon army, and wipe out the entire Spirit Lake Pack, and take Maxwell back", I told him."I will then magically manipulate his mind into loving me, and to forget all about that vile werewolf." He grinned, evily.

"When do we start?" Jefferson asked.

To be continued...

AN: The demon army is inspired by the demon army mentioned in Dragon: Age Inquisition, so all rights to Bioware. However, my version will be completely different. Alice Pollard is inspired by one of my closest friends, who's pansexual but has a preference for woman. She asked me if she could have a special role in my book, so I made her the pack doctor and the mate to the head warrior, who's a very tough woman. Funny part was that when she read my description for Cassandra, she said to me "SHES HOT!" But I didn't use her real name to keep her identity to herself. But anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please comment any spelling and grammar errors!

Q: When I reach 50 more more followers, and have at least 1.5k reads on this book, would you like a face reveal? Both requirements have to be reached for the face reveal however.

A: Face reveal has been done! Its later on in the book though!

Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow!

Bye Besties! 💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.3K 1.6K 29
Kai Ocean: 16 year old boy who's parents died when he was 11 due to their pack. An omega, which means he is seen as nothing but a slave. Gay and his...
2.7K 188 20
Lucas has been hiding for his entire life. Cursed by what he is, eeking out a living on the fringes of wizard society, he has one foot in two worlds...
56.1K 2.4K 44
*SEQUEL TO ONE HOT SUMMER* ROMANCE **The sudden action of Jasper getting to standing, caused the bench to make a painful scraping sound against the f...
405K 16.2K 36
Robin is a twenty two year old boy who lives at home and still shares a room with his twin brother, Phoenix. He goes to work everyday and studies ma...