My Brothers' Mafia Best Friend

By hessaherophinelove

"Aiden..." I shake my head, eyes fixed anywhere but the gorgeous man next to me. His hand grips my chin tigh... More

Prologue
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Epilogue

Chapter 43

85.6K 1.5K 900
By hessaherophinelove

A/n

please don't hate me for the content ;)

Enjoy!

Aiden's soft hair tangles between the valleys of my fingers as I massage his head. His body lays on mine, almost crashing me under the heavy weight of his muscles. His familiar, manly scent envelopes me while we cuddle in bed.

My eyes trace intricate patterns across the permanent ink on his back, noticing how his shoulder blades flex every time he breaths in. One of my favourite tattoos of his is the one sitting above the large scull covering most of his back. It's a butterfly. A disparity to the rest of the dark art.

A disparity like the one between him and I. Unlike me, Aiden is able to speak his feelings without fearing the what if's.

Closing my eyes and pillowing my chin on top of his head, I try to stop the guilt from surging inside me again.

He doesn't know that he's captured me. Heart, soul and body, all together within his range.

Unknowingly.

He owns me.

I love him so much.

Yet, he remains oblivious to the small piece of information torturing my mind and soul.

He deserves to know that I love him.

"Do you want babies in the future?" The sudden question is asked lowly. My eyes fly open at his words, a great feeling of delight dominating me. Silence follows as I think over an answer to give him.

Do I want babies in the future? Is he talking about his babies? Because the answer would straight away be a yes, if that's the case.

"Yeah, do you?" I ask back, although I'm well aware if the response. Aiden keeps his face buried under my hair and nods against me. "Five, I want five babies."

"That would be... eventful." I respond after some time. I knew he wanted a lot of babies, but five? I remember being a child and living with six more of them, my parents had a lot to look after.

"I want five babies and a big house, with a huge backyard... where they can play... all day." He continues in a groggy voice, making me smile.

"Why five?" I ask, glancing at him curiously.

He shrugs, seeming nonchalant, "I'm an only child, the only childlike interactions I would have as a kid, would be when I came over to your place to hang out with your brothers, as well as the family reunions in Italy, but that was it. It's boring being at a house with a few people, not that Enzo and my mom let a dull moment pass by, but I'd always desired the liveliness a home with a lot of people had."

Aiden continues, his fingers tapping against my sides, making me find the small action of excitement as he speaks of a future he dreams of, adorable. "I want my kids to have what I didn't." He chuckles lowly, "a whole lot of siblings."

Humming in understanding, my heart expands with even more love for the man on my chest.

An image of all that he just said paints in my mind. Sliding my eyes shut once more, the picture of Aiden holding a baby in his tattooed arms plays behind my closed lids. My insides melt.

"The house should have a library too." I add without thinking. "I will give you that." Aiden promises promptly.

I look into his emerald eyes. The intensity in his gaze tells me how serious he is about his promise.

"You mean...?" I trail off. We've never spoken about a future together, but as the conversation takes a turn that way, my heart feels full.

"I want a future with you, Ry." Aiden states. His eyes search mine. For a truth even I don't know he's aware exists.

My thumb soothes a path down his sharp cheekbone. "I want that as well, A." I nod my confession.

A future with him sounds like a dream.

He pushes himself up on his elbow, towering over me. "No. You don't understand." He shakes his head, dismissively. An expression almost burning with aggravation. "All of this? I want it all with you. None of this matters if it's not with you, baby. I don't want any of this if it's not with you." His expression firm, searing his words with finality.

The vulnerability his tone holds as he speaks though breaks me. He doesn't believe that I want a future with him and I don't blame him.

How could I, when I'm the one responsible for his doubting?

"I'll always be with you, Aiden. I'll always want a future with you. " I tell him honestly, wishing for an implicit to my suggestive words.

"Do you promise?" He questions, his eyes holding desperation.

"I promise." I nod.

"I promise that I'll always be with you too and I promise you a future. Fatto come vogliamo." He slumps back down on my chest, the corners of his lips tilted up in a ghostly smile.
(Made the way we want.)

Another piece of my cracked heart gets captured by him.

So cute.

I could confess my love for him right now. As we lay on his soft bed, with nothing but a tranquil silence and the other's comforting warmth and arms surrounding us.

But I can't. Something in my chest prevents me from doing so. A fierce feeling. A fear; that something bad might happen to him if I tell him how I really feel. That something bad might happen to us. That the three words might be the cherry on top our relationship needs before it cracks.

Almost three weeks ago, I was so close to telling Aiden that I love him. My heart nearly beat out of my chest when he gripped my jaw and told me to spit out. My brother's continuous phone call though, interrupted me and had me swallowing back the words I've been trying to tell him for nearly two and a half months now.

It always goes one of two ways; I decide to tell Aiden that I love him but the words get caught in my throat, or, I get interrupted. Whether the interruption is from the reporter's on the TV, Aiden himself or a phone call, I always end up postponing the truth from him.

I rub his shoulder, placing a gentle kiss to his hair.

It's come to the point where I've been silently begging him to understand what I really feel, to understand the love I hold for him, as I've come to realise that I'm incapable of saying the three words aloud myself.

Every time he tells me he loves me, feels like another stab, straight into my heart. The guilt consumes an even bigger part of me each time he tells me he loves me and I don't say it back.

The opportunity is just never there.

"Let's go out tonight." Aiden announces, not proposing the idea. "It's been long since I've taken you out on a date." He adds, slight guilt lacing his words.

My heart clenches. He has nothing to feel guilty about.

"I would love to go on a date," I whisper, with half a smile. My eyes suddenly lit up, much to his confusion. My heart accelerates it's beats and I wonder if he can feel it under his face, where it lays against me.

Tonight.

"Great. What do you want to do, my love?" He asks, looking up at me, ready to fulfil my every wish.

Tonight Aiden will know how much I love him.

"Maybe dinner?" I ask. He hums in agreement. "I'll pick you up from our bedroom door at seven. And I'm choosing your clothes."

"I'm fine with that." I giggle before silence envelopes us.

It's been long since we've gone out, but it's understandable seeing how much Aiden has been working the past month. All because someone decided to revenge a heir's death. An unsettling feeling flumps on my body.

This morning, I woke up to Aiden carrying me upstairs. After being out all night and working, he demanded I go to sleep without him. I didn't. Something in my chest kept nagging me, so I ended up watching a movie on the plush couch inside the living room.

I didn't feel unsafe or anything. Under Arsenio's protective watch it's kind of hard to feel so, I just needed his secure arms to wrap around me from behind and the steady beat of his heart lull me to sleep.

Just like right now.

I wake up to Aiden whispering hushed sentences into the phone. "Yeah... alright... me too." He mumbles and hangs up. I wince at the loud thud that echos after he throws his phone back on the floor.

Looking down, I find one of his arms draped across my chest as he holds me protectively against his front.

Kissing his forearm, I turn my head back. "My parents are coming over for lunch." He answers my unspoken question when he sees my curious expression.

His words make a smile creep up my lips.

Today, Enzo and Rose are visiting. After being overseas in Italy for a year and a half, they decided to come back to New York for a while.

It's been a few months since I last saw them and it would be a lie to say that I'm not excited. I've missed them a lot.

My attempt at sitting up and crawling out of bed goes to a complete waste when the arm around my chest pulls me back down, the few inches I managed to get off.

"I need to shower." I groan, my body betraying my mind as I lay back in bed. A fresh shower is something I would like to have before greeting Aiden's parents.

"No. Snuggle me." He demands, tightening his grip around me. I shiver at the feel of him fluttering butterfly kisses along the lengths of my neck and the curve of my throat.

"We don't have much time." I argue, although pointlessly, as I sink myself deeper into him.

"Yes, we do," He throws a heavily muscled leg over my waist. "Just let me love you for a little while longer, baby." Aiden whispers softly on me. My stomach churns in a good way.

It's when he's half asleep that I manage to slip out of his protective arms and into the shower.

The hot water washes down my body, the steam gets heftier when hands squeeze my hips and lips brush the tip of my ear.

.......

Aiden strolls up behind me, his big arms circling around my waist, tucking me into the familiar warmth of his chest. "You look gorgeous, my love." He compliments me, pressing a loving kiss to my cheek.

A blush blooms on my cheeks. "Thank you." I set the coffee cup in my hand down on the kitchen counter and hold onto his palms.

My curiosity grows, as does the silence in the room. When I walked downstairs today, I sensed the missing presence of Arsenio. He might've gotten the day off or maybe he's in the lobby. I decide not to question Aiden on his absence though. He always gets so upset in my bodyguards presence.

I don't want to trigger his good mood by mentioning his name.

I just found it unusual to not find Arsenio inside the penthouse. Usually, he would stand like a statue in the doorway leading to the foyer, dressed in his every day black suit.

Aiden squeezes my hips, forcing my mind to him. He plants soft kisses up my neck and shoulder, making me shudder in pure ecstasy.

Our chests collide. My hands round his neck to pull him closer. His hands caress the light material of my dress, slowly pulling it up, steadily exposing me inch by inch.

I throw my head back when he sucks on my sweet spot, his palm sensually stroking the skin of my thigh as it slides under the light yellow fabric.

"Aiden." A silent moan emits from my chest at the feel of him kneading my butt. His wet lips devour my neck but the interrupting ping of the elevator makes me push him away from me.

"You're blushing." He informs me huskily, teasingly pecking the corner of my lips and taking slow steps backwards, a complacent smirk on his face.

My eyes harden into a glare, an unwilling smile breaking through despite my attempts. Throwing a playful eye roll at him, I swivel around.

Rose rushes through the kitchen doorway, a broad grin widening her classy red lips. In her one hand a beautiful bouquet of roses and the other encircled by a bigger one. Enzo.

The man sharing Aiden's sharp but maturer features moseys with leisure steps behind his overly enthusiastic wife. His lips tilted into a small but cherishing smile as he watches her bounce over to us.

"Hello, my loves!" She beams happily, tugging me into her motherly embrace, transferring some of her brightly buoyant spirit to me.

Aiden's mom just has that positive effect on people. No matter what, she brings a smile to one's face.

I heavily sigh in pure amusement as Aiden's voice grumbles from behind me, dripping with sarcastic unhappiness. "I missed you more, mama."

"Hush," Rose hisses in response, causing Aiden to snicker.

We pull away from each other. Her delicate hands land on my shoulders as her eyes search up and down my body, her smile only widening. "You keep getting prettier, sweetheart!" She complements.

I blush a deep red and whisper a word of appreciation. Our attention gets shifted away from a half-begun conversation.

"You know how much of a mama's boy he is, my love." Enzo shakes his head disappointedly. A teasing tone underlying his words directed at Rose. "He's always been like that. I don't know how you keep up with him, Avery." He sympathises.

I giggle at the playful glare Aiden fixates at his father, though I know he's not taking his mockery legitimately.

"I am not." He declares crossing his bulging arms over his chest, the grouchy facade disappearing the second his father embraces him warmly, chuckling, satisfied for getting under his son's skin.

Rose shakes her head muttering about dogs and cats under her breath. What?

The two similar men pat each other's backs a few times, in a way of greeting and separate a while after.

My heart warms. Aiden has such a good relationship with both of his parents. I couldn't be any happier about it.

Enzo, squeezes me into a tight, fatherly bear-hug. "How are you doing, piccolina?" He questions genuinely.
(little one?)

"I'm great," I answer honestly, "you?"

"Wonderful."

"I love the place, honey, it's really beautiful." Rose gazes around the kitchen. I almost forgot that this is the first time both of them have ever been here.

The elegantly clad woman walks around the modern kitchen, all of us surveying her as she opens the huge double fridge to examine it's contents. "Want to help me cook?" She peers from behind the metallic door. Right at me expectedly.

Aiden's hands grab my hips, pulling me into his warm side. "You don't have to, baby."

I shake my head at him, smiling gently. "I would love to."

......

And we get straight to work. Washing our hands under the tepid stream of water, we cast matching aprons over our clothes.

I hold the large, sharp knife securely between my fingers as I carefully chop vegetables on the large, marbled island. My eyes attentively pay attention to the simple task at hand, in order not to chop off flesh instead of carrots.

Rose sizzles something in a pan while boiling something else in a pot of steaming water. The lusciousness of the different aromas wafts through the room making my nostrils flare pleasantly.

I'm thankful she decided to handle the hard stuff, which include dangerous things like the oven and stove. To say I'm incapable of handling the kitchen would be an understatement as the only things I'm able to wrap up is my iced coffee and Aiden's cereal.

"I've never seen him this happy before," she asserts so silky and quietly, surprising me.

I turn around. Rose observes me silently, a beatific flicker in her bright green eyes, a wooden spatula in her one hand, her apron splattered with red sauce.

I don't need to question whom she's talking about. My face turns beet red as she places the spatula down, and approaches me. "Thank you for making my Aiden happy sweetheart," her hands grab mine.

"He's the one making me happy." I respond silently after I manage an answer, my lips twitching as I think of my boyfriend.

"You make each other happy, darling. Thank you for giving him a chance to love." Rose gulps, "thank you for giving him a chance to be loved." The whispered genuine words make my stomach churn, jump, turn and drop down to my butt when my brain proceeds them.

"What?"

To be loved.

A small laugh leaves her, "don't be so shocked dear. I know you love him. As much as he loves you. The look in your eyes when you look at my son says it all." She explains leaving me  speechless.

"Rose, I-" Before I can finish my explanation, warm footsteps approach from a distance.

My stomach, if possible drops further. A paranoia that he might have heard our conversation consumes me, and I find myself wanting to get away from here as soon as possible.

"Do you need help with anything?" The devil questions eagerly, placing a warm hand on my back, his chin on top of my head.

"You two can chop the vegetables together." Rose tells us, and turns around, humming a low tune to herself as she stirs inside the pot. As if our conversation never happened. I find myself appreciating her gesture.

I smile up at Aiden shyly, avoiding his eyes when he returns it. Handing him the sharp utensil carefully, "I'll go set the table, the food is ready soon." Placing my lips on the tip of his nose, I kiss it tenderly before tottering my way to the cupboard containing porcelain and out of the kitchen.

I scrutinise her small body as she hurriedly walks out of the kitchen, a slight stumble in a few of her petite steps. The slight tilt of my lips as I admire my woman vanishes.

Everything good fucking vanishes when she's not around.

As if the the universe knows where the fuck my mind is taking me, it decides to fucking downpour. Heavy raindrops collide against the massive windows, the grey of the sky closing around me like a heavy, suffocating, unbearable to fight against, blanket. The thick clouds like the ones of memories consuming my mind.

Thoughts from almost three weeks ago play like a broken fucking tape in my mind, repeating the same three words, three syllables, that lit my heart on fire and crashed it into tiny pieces at the same fucking time.

Drunk words sober thoughts, but then again, she was stoned as well.

This is the way it's been, ever since I fucked her to convince myself otherwise.

I was so fucking wrong for thinking that she'd say it back that time.

"Cosa sta succedendo nella tua testa, amore mio?" My mother's dulcet voice asks, screeching my haunting thoughts to an abrupt halt.
(What is going on in your head, my love?)

I shake my head, resuming to the hasty movement of my hands as I continue Ry's unfinished chopping. Not a ounce of eagerness inside me to share my doubts with her. "Niente."
(Nothing.)

"You can talk to me, Aiden." She promises, touching my shoulder.

My eyes squeeze shut and I sigh in annoyance. At my silence, I hear her return back to the stove.

The words tug at my vocal strings, desperately trying to escape. My mind agreeing to the torturous embarrassment of confessing the painful thoughts out loud, to someone, with probably a clearer mind and another view on the topic.

"I-" I cut myself off. Fucker. My weak voice adds fuel to the anger I feel towards myself. Here I am, about to confess my problems to my mother like a fucking five-year old. "She doesn't uhm..." I clear my throat awkwardly. "She doesn't feel the same way as me."

Rose pauses whatever she's doing at the sound of my infirm voice. Silence. Heavy as the cold wind outside envelopes the kitchen. I cut my eyes to the dining table.

Avery looks like an angel as she decorates the table with napkins and flowers. So fucking pretty in her flowy little dress.

"Oh, baby." Mom touches my shoulder with her slender fingers, forcing me to look away from my girl and face her. She cups my cheek. "Quella ragazza ti ama."
( That girl loves you. )

My jaw clenches, her words finding a way to mold themselves into my brain, giving me a a small, bizarre sense of clam.

"Don't trouble yourself by questioning her feelings, Aiden. Life is too short for that. She'll tell you when she's ready, but right now, believe in her actions. They sometimes speak what lips don't."

She stretches her arms and pulls me down to a consoling hug. "Grazie."

A relaxed expression sits on my face as I straighten the last fork into the perfect place. Carefully, I even lit small pot candles, I am proud to say I got myself, from Target.

My calm breathing troubles a little on my way back to them but like before, I manage to relieve myself.

Tonight he'll know.

His large figure, bends ever so slightly as he works skilfully in the kitchen, his muscles seeming to flex under his strained shirt.

Rose is the first one to notice me, a grin on her face as usual. "The table is set." At the sound of my voice, my boyfriend turns around, his face contorting a wave of relief.

Her hands collide in an excited clap, "prefect! Let's plate the food and eat!"

"Finally, I'm fu-" He cuts himself off when I widen my eyes. I've scolded him about his swearing habits many times, they all ended up with me being thrown over his shoulder and tickled. "Starving." Aiden remedies his choice of words and winks at me.

Rose insists on plating the food up while Aiden and I bring everything to the table, decorating it more with the variety of platters. He demands I let him carry everything and put it to my requirement.

"I can't wait to fuck you after our date  tonight," he whispers huskily, holding me in his arms.

My face burns, my eyes drifting over to where Rose stands cluelessly, plating pasta.

I press my face into his neck, breathing in his cologne, "I can wait for it either."

Aiden hears my almost inaudible voice and grips my chin tightly between his rough fingers. "You can't wait for what, sweetheart?"

My eyes plead with him to not force the crude words, I've surprisingly spoken before, out of my mouth. "What you said," I tell him a little louder.

"Say it, Avery. I want to know. You can't wait for me to do what, baby?" His wet tongue traces up my jaw, lips hovering over mine, awaiting two words, he knows will leave me even more achingly starving for the intoxicatingly violent touch of his hands and lips, if I utter them. "Tell me."

His one hand strokes to the front of my body, slowly brushing up my sides, seductively grazing the curve of my breast. "I can't wait for you to fuck me." My humiliated voice mutters, silently so only he can hear.

Pink lips tilt up to an amused smirk before pecking my nose and pulling me into a comforting embrace. My much smaller arms surround his perfectly narrow waist, my flaming face mashed into his shirt-clad chest.

"That's right, baby. You can't wait until I sink my hard cock inside your tight little pussy and make you scream my name in pleasure." Promising secretively, he looks down at me with those enthralling, pure emerald eyes of his, Aiden demands for an answer, a submission to the promise.

"I'm yours to do whatever you want to with." I breath. Nostalgic to feel his lips on mine, my gaze drops down to them.

Hesitantly lifting my hand up, I trace his bottom lip with my thumb, noticing how his eyes darken with arousal. For me.

He deserves to know that I love him.

"Give me a kiss, pretty girl." A giggle erupts from my lips at his sudden change and I stand up on my tip toes, reaching his face and connecting our mouths. Like he demanded.

It's no later than two hours that we found ourselves standing side by side in front of the metallic double doors, as they slid closed before Rose and Enzo, waving goodbye at them.

The conversations came flowing across the dining table, although the only thing my mind could focus on was the hand cupping and occasionally rubbing and squeezing my thigh beneath it.

My finger twirls a wavy strand of my glossy, brown hair around it's tip before dropping it down on my exposed shoulder. A smile spreads on my lips as I stare at my reflection and the way the white, off the shoulder, knee-length dress, Aiden chose for me, clings onto my body, as if it was made for me, in the elevator mirror.

With confident strides, I exit the elevator with Aiden close by my side, his tattooed fingers laced with mine, solidly.

I feel the restricted excitement bubble inside me as we stroll inside the dark themed underground parking, containing all of his cars. It only lasts for so long.

What if he gets mad that I kept my feelings hidden from him for so long? 

What if- my overthinking comes to a screeching halt when my own version of Prince Charming speaks, "which one will be our ride today, Miss. Marchetti?"

Glancing up at him, I force a passive smile, scanning the six different cars. Each and every one of them different than the other, possessing it's own unique beauty.

I point to the sleek black Rolls Royce. "That one, sir." He licks his lips at my reference of him.

"I could get used to you calling me that," mumbling as he leads me over to the passenger seat. Aiden grabs something from the back, handing it over to me before he drives down the nightly road ahead.

The bouquet of red roses, soars within the grasp of my fingers, my eyes almost watering at the kind gesture. I should of gotten used to it by now. "Thank you, they're beautiful, A." I fiddle with the only ring on his hand, pressing a kiss to the back of it. His skin, warm against mine.

"You know, you were the first boy to ever give me a rose." I announce over the light music, my eyes meeting his for a brief second.

Lips curve upwards, heating me, "I intend on being the last man to ever give you a rose, as well, Ry."

"You're too cheesy," I shake my head playfully and slouch back in my seat.

Pouting, I smile at the memory. "You look breathtaking." He looks at me when the light turns red, bending over the middle compartment and kissing my lips passionately.

Our tongues tangle together in a mutual agreement of teasing, not entirely giving each other the chance of a release.

Breaking free when the light switches, he continues down the almost empty road, driving toward the West side of the city.

My eyes drink in the way he looks. His sleeves rolled up, revealing tattoos and veiny forearms.

Aiden's phone rings through the intercom system of the car.

"Why is Xavier calling you?" My forehead wrinkles with confusion.

"I don't know." He shrugs, denying it immediately.

My big brother's name appears on the screen a second time and a third, followed by frantic messages and Enzo's caller ID.

Slapping the button on the dashboard, impatience rakes his features, hardening them into cold, sharp edges. His jaw, clenches almost painfully as he spits one word, "sì?" Aiden demands in question.

"Marchetti in residenza trentina. È un'emergenza." His father's voice echoes through the speakers.
(Marchetti residence in thirty. It's an emergency.)

"Makes sure it's fast." The line goes dead. Aiden avoids my gaze, instead taking a sharp U-turn down the freeway. I fiddle with my fingers, anxiety seeping into my body.

"What is  going on?" Does he have to kill someone? With my brothers?

"I don't know, sweetheart, but it'll be quick." He chuckles, kissing his teeth and glancing out the window. It's almost maniacal. The sight frightening. The interruption of our much wanted time together, cutting his temper short.

We arrive at my family's residence after a silent, half an hour drive. The night feels heavier, the rainy clouds from earlier today, now a midnight blue colour with a small illumination of black.

The tiny raindrops tap against the car window as Aiden drives up the rounded driveway, parking in front of the beautiful mansion, gleaming it's clean white colour under the bright moonlight.

Men, weaponed and big surround the property. Threatening everyone who passes by. It's like a scene in a movie, only that this is my reality.

"Hey," big hands cup my cool cheeks, warming them up. Aiden pecks my nose, "I won't be long. I give them ten minutes and then I'm back to you." He promises, looking into my eyes.

I squirm uneasily by the amount of testosterone around me. "What if you're not done within ten minutes?" He glares at me scoldingly for questioning, making me nod in slight relief.

Knowing my boyfriend, he won't let another thing get in our way tonight.

"I love you." Aiden gets out of the car with a last peck. The hostler on the inside of his suit, loaded.

The minimal smile on my face is washed off by the loud slam of the car door as it slams closed behind him. My eyes follow his dark figure as it easily blends in with the surrounding darkness, intently, almost protectively, as though he'd be sucked into the nighty emptiness if I take my eyes off for a brief millisecond.

The way heads bow in greetings as he passes by some of the guarding men, shows me how much of a well respected man he is, even by my brother's men.

It's only when the grand oak doors open, inviting Aiden in to a house with aristocratic interior, and close behind him that my eyes cut away from where he last stood.

My thoughts take me to a place that has my body jittering with exhilarating excitement and suffocating anxiety all at once, as I think about all the different ways the post-restaurant outing will turn out to be.

Taking a look around me just for the safety of it, I press down on the handle of my door and step outside.

Heads turn my way and turn back around, as their curiosity dies down. The amount of awkwardness I feel by standing on my own with strange men that work under the supervision of Xav is a lot, but not enough to change my decision on getting enough air into my lungs, to last me the night that awaits ahead by my boyfriends side.

My eyes light up as they land on the only familiar face inside the guard post. Danny, the head of security, from what I know of, only where my family home resides, flashes me a small smile when I wave excitedly.

The doors open back up and Aiden walks out. Air puffs out of his chest and I realise that he's just gotten rid off any ounce of tension inside his body.

The smile directed at me brings one to my own lips.

I love him.

Hands land on my hips, making my face flame as my back hits the car door softly.

"Now I'm yours for the rest of the night." He smiles down at me, my head only reaching the top of his chest. I don't question him on what the uncalled meeting was for, instead going with his lead of going on with our plans.

"Good," I whisper, boldly leaning on the tips of my heels and brushing by his lips.

Aiden drops his head to the side, leaving his mouth open on the place where my ear meets my neck. My skin probs with goosebumps. Although deemed highly inappropriate and humiliating to keep this act going, I'm about to suggest we skip the dinner and dive straight into dessert.

My brain stupidly signals my head to the side and I lock eyes with brown ones. Ones owned by Hunter. Who stands shocked right outside the oak doors with a stoic expression on his face.

"Aiden," I push on his chest gently, my wide eyes locked onto my big brother's. Who just caught his best friend devouring me into his mouth.

I think the sight is just as traumatising as it gets.

"What's wrong?" He pulls back, gaze locked on my face, though I'm not looking at him.

Hunter's face frowns momentarily before his eyes widen, and before any words can leave his mouth, Aiden shields me from his view with his gigantic frame. A loud shrill echoes in my ears, right after a shot rings through the air. Effectively stopping my world from spinning and spluttering blood on my face.

"Ry." His voice is weak, low, shattering. I jerk back. Emerald eyes, wide stare back at me. My body stills as I watch him give into the paved ground. My lips part and it takes moments before I come crashing down to reality.

Aiden lays in a pool of his own blood. Helplessly staring down at the thick blood, oozing between the slits of his fingers as he presses down on one of the wounds on his chest.

A scream ripples into the air, I only realise that the ear piercing sound was one belonging to me when my knees hit the ground. Tears prickle my eyes. The expected pain of the rough collision of bones and pavement, vibrates right through me, leaving a path of mere numbness, as I cease to feel anything other than the panic cursing through my every vein.

"Aiden," I lament, chocking on my own breath as a lump falls right in the middle of my throat, effectively cutting my airways. My trembling hands, gently cup his face, bringing it to my lap.

"I'm fine, baby." His voice cracks, his beautiful face constricting in pain. Tears stream down my face. His eyes glisten, the emerald colour outstanding with the moisture of his tears. The mutual knowledge of his lie sways between us.

I shake my head, a throttled sob flying past my lips. Aiden slowly lifts up his hand, wiping under my eyes with his bloodied thumb, trying to comfort me. "No, no, no, no!" I screech, my mind betraying me, fogging everything around me. I become an obstacle of the background myself, something like a dream, a night terror. Where you see yourself in front of you, unable to control anything. My brain focuses on one thing, a copy mechanism where my body moves beyond my control, desperately trying to keep the one thing it's come to feel accustomed, depended of, in order to keep functioning properly, safe; Aiden.

I don't register when Hunter falls down in front of us, the barked orders he screams at me, or how he manages to get the both of us in the car and away from the chaos of bullets.

Three shots went off, before her body collided to the floor.

Aiden's limp body lays on mine, his breathing laboured. His warm blood dripping through my fingers, leaking through his dress shirt.

"Ry, it's okay, baby." His wheezy voice whispers, the sound guttural, troubled w oh th his panting.

"No, it's not okay, A." I wobble through my sobs, hysterically ripping a part of my dress off. The white material, Aiden bought me, stains with red. My desperate, pathetic attempts at keeping my emotions at bay, vanish when a tear slips down his eye.

I've never seen him cry.

"I love you." My hand pushes down on his wound.

"Don't say that." My voice cracks noticeably, the wavered tone so prominent, as though the split shredded through a piece of thick crystal. "Please, please don't say that." I beg him. Beg him not to let go of me, to not take away the only source of safety I have, with him.

"We're not supposed to end this way!" I cry, threading my fingers through his hair. Cold sweat mixes with the warm, scarlet substance.

"We have endless memories, my love." He whispers, eyes fluttering closed for a brief second, making me hear my heart terminate. "We'll never end."

My memory takes me back to the plans, dreams, we'd made just this morning. Back to our first kiss, in the dark hallway outside my bedroom. Our fist time in his shower. The time in Italy, where he first introduced me as his girlfriend to his parents. The times he said he loved me and I was too caught up in my cowardly thoughts to return the words, I know mean the world for him to hear.

"I love you." I blurt, chocking on my breath. His hooded eyes widen, before falling to their previous exhausted condition.

His lips part in shock, but instead of questioning me, they simply fracture into a small smile. "I love you too, Ry."

An incoherent sound heaves in my throat, bubbling the lump even bigger.

"Please, baby." I lean down, brushing our tear soaked lips, "please don't go." Aiden leans up, grunting as he connects our mouths in what, dreadfully feels like what is be the last time.

It can't be. I don't want it to be. We were supposed to have a future. A long one, create memories, many memories together but all those dreams turned wasted.

My big brothers pulls me into his arms as I collapse onto the hospital floor. Hysterically crying, begging for Aiden to stay with me.

.......

A/n

I loooove this new part of the chapter, hope you do as well!

Sooooo, we gonna catch up now. How've you all been doing? I just kinda cried while writing this but I don't know if it's sad, maybe it's because I'm getting my period soon. Sorry for being gone for three months but I really needed a break. Not sure I'm fine now, but I love writing and I feel as though at least in that department I'm back to normal. Double updating this week. And I've read every single comment during my time off and you guys are just hilarious. How do you feel about this chapter?

Vote and comment, if you'd like!

Love you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.7M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...