The Maze Runner Brothers

Door RubyRoundhouse17

Thomas and Edward are sent up into the maze together, unable to remember anything apart from their names and... Meer

Cast
Entering the Maze
Welcome to the Glade
We're Brothers!
Ben's Banishment
Into the Maze
A Night in the Maze
The First Girl
The Clue inside the Griever
The Girl Teresa
A Night in the Pit
A Possible Way Out
The Brother's Adventures in the Maze
Alby Remembers
Attack on the Glade
Regaining Memories
The Ultimate Decision
The Flare / Gally's Death
Edward
Two Young Boys
The Strange Compound
Something Stranger
Finding Answers
Escaping
The Mall of Cranks
Ruins and Memories
The Lightning Storm
A Bargain and an Attack
Bridges and Tunnels
Another Chase, Another Group
Sweet Moments
The Crank City
Rescues
The Right Arm
Reunions, then Attacks
WICKED Wins!
Hope
Amelia
Jerry
Stephen Sr.
Danielle
The Non-Immunes
Love and Comfort
The Last City
Reunions
The Father's Box
Goodbye Grievers
Sneaking into the City
The Plan: Teresa
Sneaking into WICKED
Reunited at Last
Is it too Late?
City Chase
Final Words from Father to Sons
The Final Showdown
The Safe Haven

The Fight to Freedom

240 11 6
Door RubyRoundhouse17

Edward, Teresa, and Alby walked along the Maze corridors, using instructions from both Thomas and Minho. The further they walked on; the slower Edward walking pace became. Teresa walking right next to him knew exactly how he was feeling. He was nervous.

"You okay?" she asked.

"Not really,"

"I can tell,"

"I'm scared. It's that giant Griever with three tails, the one I can't control. I know that luring it away is gonna help the others escape but what if it doesn't work?"

"Edward...you're gonna figure something out. You always do," Teresa didn't use their telepathic connection, not with Alby right next to them. He would think they were weird.

"How do you know?"

"Because you always do," Teresa smiled at him and Edward smiled back. How he wished he could remember more about them. Were they more than just lab partners? Were they friends? Or something more? He had no time to dwell on that. He ushered them against a wall and he poked around a corner. It was the sight of a Griever.

"Is it a Griever?" Alby asked.

Edward nodded. "I'm gonna draw it out and get it to chase. Eventually, more will come out,"

"So your plan is cat and mouse," Alby said. He wasn't impressed. "I thought you and Thomas formed a plan,"

"Well...only the basics...not exactly how to carry it out," Edward's words weren't uplifting. "Look, the plan is we're going to draw away as many as possible so that Thomas and the others get to the gate,"

"And what about us?" Teresa asked.

"I'll find a way to lose them and then you guys will pull me up onto the wall,"

"Wait, so we're climbing up onto the wall?" Alby asked, still not impressed.

"It's the only safe spot,"

"You do realise Grievers will be able to climb up," Teresa stated anxiously.

"I know. Look this is suicidal but it's our only chance,"

"At least let me come with you," Teresa implored. "If that Griever you can't control comes and those Grievers won't be able to take it out even if you command them, you need back up,"

Edward witnessed the stubbornness painting her eyes. He nodded. "Alby...climb up this wall and carefully keep an eye out in case anything sneaks upon us. And make sure that you follow alongside us or that we're within your sight,"

"Good luck Greenie 2," Alby obliged. He stood forward and clasped his shoulder. "You're reckless Edward. Extremely reckless...but extremely brave," He looked proud. "Be careful you two,"

He sheathed his machete and he began climbing up the vines to the wall. Edward took one last look around to see two more Grievers appearing. He turned to Teresa. "Ready?"

Teresa with a brave smile did nothing but nod.

"Let's do this,"

They sprinted out into the open.

"Hey! Over here!" Edward shouted waving his hands.

"Come and get us!" Teresa goaded.

The monsters only 10 yards ahead of them roared. They turned and run feeling them on their tails.

..............................................

Thomas, Newt and Minho had already led the Gladers into the Maze. They heard distant roaring.

"Sounds like your brother's lead them away," Minho said.

"We don't know how many though," Newt argued. "We must be aware," His gaze flicked to Thomas. "Hey Tommy," he gripped his shoulder a little tightly to earn his attention. "He's going to make it. And he's not alone. We need you now more than ever,"

His words bought Thomas his confidence. "All right! Everyone follow me!" He sprinted forward with everyone else following behind him. Using his memory of the Maze which he had created, he led them around the Maze, taking the same route that he and Edward had taken the other day. As expected obstacles appeared. Slabs of stone stretched in and out of walls. Stone blocks rose from the ground.

"Everyone! Just do what I do!" he commanded.

Everyone did exactly what he did as he leapt and slide and dodged moving blocks. Chuck needed a little help and he managed to get through the end. They just about reached the outer sections, having not a single Griever. It seemed that Edward had led away nearly every one of them. Still, they made sure, that Griever with three tails wasn't nearby.

"We're almost there!" Thomas shouted. "Minho, the key!" Minho threw him the key. It began doing electric clicks again until it glowed green again. The tunnel to the secret passageway opened. Thomas was tempted to run straight forward but he heard low growling. "Everyone to the wall," Everyone obeyed. He peered around and saw the giant Griever with three tails stalking in front of the doors like a guard dog.

"Is it a Griever?" Chuck asked.

Thomas nervously nodded. "It's the one Edward can't control. We have to fight it. It's our only chance,"

Chuck gulped.

"Take this Chuck," Thomas handed him the key. "It'll be okay. Just stick with me. Okay?"

Chuck, now feeling unafraid, nodded.

"Once we get back to the door, it will activate. Hopefully, Edward, Teresa and Alby will get back on time but we must take care of this Griever,"

The boys were afraid.

"I know you're all scared. But either we get out now altogether or die trying," Thomas saw Newt's face and by the determined expression, it was a sign that he would follow him anywhere.

Everyone prepared their weapons.

"Charge!" Thomas commanded. And together they charged like horses through the doorway towards the exit that they had spent three years looking for.

The Griever with three tails and pincers saw them and snarled. It charged. They closed. Digging the spears into its head, they began pushing it over the edge but it stood its ground trying to fight back. It swished its tails. One of them walked the key right out of Chuck's hands. It rolled away to the edge.

"The key!" he screamed leaping over it.

"Chuck!" Thomas left the group just before Chuck could fall over the edge. He grabbed him. "Got you!"

But as his head peered over, his heart jumped. More Grievers were coming more Grievers were coming out. "Oh...shit!"

"Come on! Come on!"

"Get to the door guys!" Newt shouted. "We'll cover you!"

Thomas and Chuck bounded to the door. It opened. But all they saw in front of them was a door all by itself.

"No," Thomas breathed. "No. No! No! No!" he banged on it countless times. "There's gotta be a way out! Just then a dial with 8 numbers on each rim appeared. "Guys! There's a code!" he shouted back. "Eight numbers! Minho what's the sequence?!"

Minho managed to hear him. "What?"

"The sections of the maze. What's the sequence?!"

"7! 1! 5!"

Thomas typed the numbers in at a constant rate.

"2! 6! 4! 8! 3!"

Thomas typed them in. The dial glowed green.

"Right. That should do it!" he shouted. "But once again nothing happened?!"

"You gotta be kidding me!" Chuck complained.

"Why isn't anything happening?!" Thomas cursed.

......................................................

Edward and Teresa sprinted as fast as they could, leading numbers of Grievers away from Section 7. They felt as if they were running around the entire maze but as they continued sprinting for their lives, more Grievers appeared out of nowhere from tunnels and corners. There was probably about fifty of them now on their tail. If they were outrun, they would stampede like bugs by wild beasts.

"You've gotta be kidding me!" Teresa cursed.

"Don't worry Teresa! I'll take care of them! We've just gotta get as many away as possible!"

"I just hope your brother and the others are having better luck than we are!"

They kept on running forward until of a sudden, the giant Griever with pincers and three tails appeared out of nowhere. Edward pulled Teresa to a stop. It raised his tail to strike. "Teresa! Duck!"

They managed to duck just as the tail swiped over them. They dodged right but the advanced Griever swiped again. Edward fights its tip slash against his right shoulder. "Aaah!"

"Edward you're hurt!" Teresa cried.

"Don't worry about me!" Edward threw a hand around his shoulder to press the blood down whilst running. "keep your mind on the plan,"

"This is the plan. A chasing game?!"

"I'm making it up as an I go along!"

"How reassuring!" Teresa sarcastically retorted.

.....................................................

"Come on!" Thomas kicked and pushed the door but nothing happened.

"Why won't it open?!" Chuck screamed.

Newt saw what was happening and tried to help them. "Why isn't anything happening?"

"I don't know!" Thomas cried. "We typed in the sequence of maze sections but the door didn't open!"

The others continued to hold the Griever's back but they began to lose the fight. Suddenly a Griever came out of nowhere and landed right on Minho.

"Minho!" a boy cried.

Newt and Thomas saw that Minho was happening and tried to run over and help.

Suddenly the hatch door that separated them from their friends closed down, shutting them inside the small space. Before they could react, they felt the floor disappear beneath their feet and they were sent tumbling down into the dark.

..........................................................

Unaware of what was happing to everyone else, Edward and Teresa dodged a corner and they found themselves in front of a plain wall.

"Damm it" Edward cursed. He turned around at the Grievers who were now closing in on them. "Stay behind me,"

"Okay," Teresa couldn't hide her fear but she did her best to be brave.

Turning back towards, they saw the Grievers screeching, swinging their tails around like scorpions. Edward could see that Teresa was a little scared and pushed her behind him.

The Griever in front charged at them.

With valence, Edward held his hands and shouted: "Stop!"

The Griever stopped in front of them. He could smell its disgusting breath from a metre away. Its green slimy face was all he could see too. He moved his eyes from side to side and saw the other Grievers had stopped too.

"I command you to attack the bigger Griever! Then kill one another!"

The grievers turned around and like a predator on prey, they pounced on the bigger griever.

"Edward! Teresa!" They looked up and saw Alby. He threw down vines and grabbed onto one, he heaved with all his might. Edward kept a firm grip around Teresa's waist and she clung onto his neck. For some awkward reason, they quite liked it. Being this close. Edward wondered if they were like this before.

Alby heaved them up. "Do not do that again,"

"I can't make many any promises," Edwards shrugged his shoulders.

"See you managed to make your way along the walls," Teresa remarked.

"It's t difficult. But you two owe me big time," Alby said.

Edward looked down and saw the big Griever getting torn to shreds by the smaller ones before they all turned on each other. "That takes care of them. That should be nearly every Griever in the Maze. I hope that's done,"

"We are not doing it again," Teresa spoke firmly.

"I can vouch for that," Alby agreed.

"Come on. Let's get to Section 7," Edward said.

Before they could walk along the walls, they heard a very loud shrill. Almost like a screechy roar.

"No. No. No," Edward repeated.

A giant Griever that looked exactly like the three-tailed one that had just been killed appeared into view from across the distance. It was two times bigger and it was red with extra metal spikes poking out of its back and an exposed belly. Like the one before, three tails extra sharp and all with stingers and a pair of pincers poked out of it.

"You've gotta be kidding me," Alby cursed.

"Run!" Edward shouted.

Turning around they dashed, running along the stone paths on toof of the maze o runners. Looking back Edward saw the much bigger Griever, the Titan One as he was now deeming it leaping over the maze walls to reach them. It could jump over five walls in one leap. This was becoming more difficult than ever and with no normal Grievers to command to protect them, they stood no chance in fighting it.

.............................................

Thomas landed with a thud on top of someone's body. It was so dark, he couldn't see who it was. Light flashed and the space around them lit up. He saw it was Newt and stood up. "Sorry," he helped him up. He looked around for Chuck and saw he was right behind.

"Where are we?" he wondered. "What happened?"

"What about the others?!" Newt freaked out. "They're still back up there!"

Thomas glanced around at their new surroundings. He saw they were in a giant room with computers. And bodies too.

"What happened here?" Chuck asked.

"Guys! Look!" Newt cried out. He pointed to a giant screen. It was a first-person view of the glade. Almost exactly like the sight of that bug camera that Thomas had discovered earlier in the Maze. "They've been watching us,"

"There they are!" Chuck pointed to another camera screen. Thomas and Newt were shocked. To their horror, some Grievers were closing on the boys. And there was a much bigger Griever, red and spikier.

"You've got to be kidding," Newt breathed. He couldn't hide his fear.

Chuck became very scared at that moment. "You don't think...Edward..."

"No! Don't say it!" Thomas snapped. "He's not dead! He's alive somehow! I know he is!"

"We'll worry about him later! What about them?!" Newt couldn't take the offices of the remaining boys about to meet their boom. "There's gotta be something in here! An off button! Something!"

The boys frantically searched around for a computer to use. But every laptop they saw was either shut down or broken with sparks flying out of their generators.

Thomas managed to find one. But it was a strange one. There were five boxes. It was almost like they had to type in a code in each one.

"What do we type in this?" Chuck asked.

"I don't know. Just let me," Thomas closed his eyes, trying to search his mind for a possible clue. He tried to remember everything that came back to him from the Griever sting. If he created this maze, then he must know how to shut it down.

"Uh running out of time Thomas," Newt blabbered quickly.

"Let him think," Chuck shushed him.

Thomas thought back to the maze patterns back inside the runner hut. Some walls were yellow. They were the ones that changed a few times before raising back to their former positions then starting the cycle again. He remembered they were forming some sort of pattern like they were spelling.

"That's it! Words! The words that the maze walls were forming!"

"Words?" Newt frowned.

Quickly Thomas typed the words: FLOAT, CATCH, BLEED, DEATH, STIFF in the five boxes. He tried to scroll down to find another box to type the word push in but nothing. "Where's the sixth box?" We need to type 'PUSH' in.

Edward, Teresa and Alby were getting closer to where Section 7 was but the Titan Griever was only seconds away from killing them. Teresa nearly went over a ledge but Edward managed to pull her back and regain her balance. "Thanks,"

They turned right and were about to reach a wall of vines across a gap when the Titan Griever landed in front of them. It raised his face with had red flashing eyes like flies and it roared like an electronic viper. They stiffened. They pulled out their blades.

"Stay together. And don't fall," Edward instructed.

"Nice pep talk," Alby said sarcastically.

The Titan Griever roared and it swung his tails round at once. They ducked. Then they made a move to grab them. Teresa was suddenly caught by one of its tail claws.

"Teresa!" Edward tried to reach her but the Titan Griever lifted her into the air. She was engaged inside its tail claws. Edward ducked again as it swiped its tail. Seeing its exposed belly part, he got an idea.

"Don't even think about it!" Alby shouted behind him.

"Never do," Edward charged and as the Griever shot its two spare tails at him, he leapt then did a rolling land before stabbing his blade into its exposed belly part. It screeched and Teresa was freed from its claws. She landed with a thud but then lost her balance and rolled towards the ledge.

Quickly Edward reacted in time and saved her. He pulled her but to his shock, he saw the Titan Griever remained undefeated. It roared and was about to kill them when Ably came out of nowhere and stabbed a spear into his face. He growled as he tried to push it to the ledge. Teresa and Edward joined in and like a team, they pushed the monster back as much as they could. With Edward having wounded it in his weak spot, it remained very unresponsive but still, its pinchers and tails were active.

"Almost there!" Alby strained. But just then the Griever fully activated again and stood its ground, pushing all of them back again. The spear snapped in two. Its pincer feet were right at the edge. All it took was one push. Seeing that Edward and Teresa were exhausted, too weak, almost no strength was left in them. Alby took a deep breath and doing a TC he rammed himself into the Griever's face. "Alby no!" Edward cried. He leapt forward with whatever little strength was left in him and he caught Alby's hand before he slipped off the edge but Alby was so heavy that he fell off too.

Edward felt Teresa's hand catch his. Clinging on Alby's hand tightly, he looked up and saw her panting. Her hand was so sweaty but she tried very hard to cling onto both him and Alby. But the grip was slipping too quickly. To their horror, the Titan Griever was beginning to climb up after them.

Alby bruised and panting raised his head at Edward. "You were brave today Greenie. You saved us all. Now let me save you," he ripped his pendant off with his spare hand he reached up to stuff in Edward's pocket.

"No! Alby! Don't you dare let go!" Edward begged in tears.

"I'm sorry," he croaked. Alby pulled his hand free and he fell.

"Alby! No!" Edward screamed. He watched in horror as his friend plunged to his death with the Titan Griever who whom he pushed down into with his fall. He closed his eyes and turned his head away so he didn't have to watch him spill blood as his body smacked the ground below. He heard a loud thud. And then silence.

Peer down, he saw Alby's body sprained on the ground. His eyes were still open but his head was now bathed in a pool of blood. The Titan Griever was unresponsive. His face had been damaged by Alby's falling on him and the spear wound.

Edward sobbed. He could hear Teresa sobbing above him. She pulled him up to safety. As he settled on his knees, Edward pulled out the pendant that Alby had stuffed in his pocket. He began to cry. Teresa pulled him into his arms.

..............................................................

"What we gonna do? What are we gonna do?" Newt didn't mean to panic or put pressure on Thomas but time was running out. Thomas frantically tried to search around. He couldn't have missed something. Chuck helped him look around. When he looked around the computer, he saw a giant red button. The word push came to his mind.

"That's it! We have to push the button!" Chuck shouted.

"What button?!" Thomas asked.

"That one!" he pointed to the giant red button.

Thomas saw the button which was glowing. He pushed the button. Instantly there was a strange rumble. The lights went out.

Oh, dear. So, Alby is dead and now the Maze has been deactivated. What did you all think of the Titan Grievers who were the biggest and most dangerous Grievers in the Maze.? I hope you all enjoyed it. I'm sorry that I killed Alby off but I had to follow the book and the story. What did you all think of the combination that I used with book and film elements and my ideas? Please send reviews and let me know what you all thought. It would be most appreciated. Sorry, I didn't update this soon but here it is now. 

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

2.2M 59.8K 42
❝But now I know that wherever we are, or whatever we're doing, we'll always have each other.❞ You woke up in the Maze two years ago with no memories...
120K 4.3K 14
When Thomas' best friend and neighbour Minho gets a new step-brother, Thomas is suddenly interested. All characters belong to James Dashner
374 37 23
Ellie, the toughest person in the Glade, has been looking for a way out of the hellhole for years. Three, to be exact. Ellie must stomach that there...
36.3K 649 24
Imagine Teresa never came up into the maze after Thomas and Thomas isn't the main character. Imagine the box still came up every month with a differe...