My Pokémon Anime Journey | BO...

By MyDestinyIs394

A rewrite of the Kanto saga of the Pokémon Anime that follows Ari, an adventurous female Trainer from Pallet... More

Prologue
Pokémon Emergency!
Ari Catches a Pokémon
Challenge of the Samurai
Showdown in Pewter City
Clefairy and the Moon Stone
The Water Flowers of Cerulean City
A Cave Conspiracy
Charmander's Choice
Mystery at the Lighthouse
The Hunt for Squirtle!
Electric Shock Showdown
Vermillion Vengeance
Battle Aboard the St. Anne
Island of the Giant Pokémon
Bye-Bye Butterfree
A Bud Omen
Psyduck's Perplexing Adventure!
Pokémon Fashion Flash!
The Secret of Pokémon Training?
Sparks Fly for Magnemite
Dig Those Diglett!
The Pokémon Catching Race!
The Legend of Dratini
The Ninja Poké-Showdown
The Copycat Mansion
Snow Way Out!
Fact or Fable?
Lance, the Dragon Master!
The Battling Eevee Brothers
The Song of Jigglypuff
Attack of the Prehistoric Pokémon
Holy Matrimony!

Eevee - I Choose You!

1.7K 27 3
By MyDestinyIs394

Ari had never been patient. She was convinced the wait would kill her.
On her tenth birthday, she waited near Professor Oak's lab, counting the minutes. She had never been so bored.
Three other aspiring Trainers were starting their Pokémon Journeys on the very same day. Professor Oak insisted that Ari wait until last, because she was already getting 'special treatment'. Ari had waited almost three years for that Eevee, yet Oak thought should wait longer.

For the third time, Ari saw people gather around the lab to see a new Trainer off.
Her heart leapt. Finally, it was her turn.
Ari sprinted away. She had never been more ready for anything in her life. She had even dressed like a Trainer, in a red cap, black blouse, bright cyan shorts, shiny shoes, and a new bag.
"Coming through!" Ari yelled as she approached the crowd. She barreled into a young man stood outside the door.
"Oh, sorry," Ari apologised, before straightening up and realising who she crashed into.
It was Gary Oak, the Professor's grandson. He had spiky mahogany hair and more swagger than Ari could tolerate. Ari had crossed paths with him a few times before.
Gary smirked at Ari. "Ari, wasn't it? Better late than never. At least you get the chance to see me off. You're already behind. I have a Pokémon, and you don't."
"You got your first Pokémon?" Said Ari.
Gary pulled out a Poké Ball and stylishly span it between his fingers. "It's right in here."
The crowd cheered for Gary. Ari realised several cheerleaders not much older than her had gathered to sing Gary's praises. She'd never been so jealous.
"What Pokémon did you get?" Ari asked.
Gary pocketed the Poké Ball and placed a hand on his hip. "The best one. Gramps would never dissapoint me. Excuse me while I go put Pallet Town on the map. Smell you later!"
Deliberately knocking into Ari, Gary strode away. His cheerleaders followed.
Ari clenched her fists, seething, before she remembered what she was supposed to be doing, and entered the lab.

Ari had refrained from visiting Eevee since she'd rescued it; she truly wanted this reunion to be one of the best moments of her life. Just the thought of seeing her Starter Pokémon calmed Ari down.
Professor Oak was stood with his back to a pedestal. Ari knew that was where the Poké Balls of the traditional Starter Pokémon trio - Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle - would have been kept before that morning.
Ari could hardly contain herself. "Professor Oak, where's my Pokémon?"
It didn't matter how many times Oak met Ari. He was always startled by her brash energy. "Don't worry. I saved her just for you."
A fourth Pokéball emerged from a spot in the pedestal. Ari snatched it up, pressed the button, and watched as light escaped from inside, solidifying to form a sleeping Eevee on the laboratory floor.
Ari beamed. "She is so cute. Easily the best option."
She scratched Eevee behind the ears.
"Eevee is a rather relaxed Pokémon," Oak said. "This one seems to divide all of her time between playing and sleeping."
Ari cradled Eevee in her arms. The Evolution Pokémon woke, observing her new Trainer drowsily.
"You must be so happy to see me again," Ari beamed, stroking Eevee.
Oak shuffled awkwardly. "Ari, maybe I should warn you... I highly doubt Eevee remembers you-"
"Nonsense!" Ari scoffed. "I am very memorable."
Oak appeared doubtful. "I suppose. Now, take these - your Pokédex and Poké Balls."

After being well-equipped by Professor Oak, Ari found a small group waiting outside to see her off. Her mama couldn't be there - having left a month prior on another mission after wishing Ari all the luck in the world on her Pokémon Journey - but several of her neighbors made it, including Delia, who had always been like a parent to Ari. Delia had packed Ari's bag earlier with essential items.
Delia wiped a tear from her eye. "Ari, I know your mother is so proud of you. Just because this is your dream doesn't mean I won't miss you-"
"Delia, you're embarrasing me!" Ari protested. "I'm a Pokémon Trainer. I'm going to take care of myself."
"I understand," Delia said. "That's your Pokémon? I thought all Pokémon stayed inside their Poké Balls."
Eevee was falling back asleep in Ari's arms. When Ari tried to place Eevee back inside the Poké Ball, the Evolution Pokémon swatted the ball away with her tail, as if Ari was playing.
"I guess she prefers it out here," Ari said. Eevee dozed off again.
"I'm sure she'll have your back," said Delia. "Make sure to call your mother when you get to Viridian City."
"You can count on it. And I'll stay in touch with you as well," Ari added, to ease Delia's anxiety.
After one long look at Pallet Town, Ari left at a run, Eevee in her arms.

After some walking, Ari grew tired of hauling Eevee around. She placed her partner on the ground. Eevee yawned and started investigating some nearby flora.
"Eevee, I can't carry you everywhere," Ari sighed. "You have to pull your own weight. You could make things a lot easier and get inside your Poké Ball, like a normal Pokémon. Right, Pokédex?"
While being trained, a Pokémon usually stays inside its Poké Ball, explained Ari's new Pokédex. However, there are many exceptions. Some Pokémon hate being confined.
Eevee abruptly jumped up, climbed onto Ari's head, and cuddled against Ari's hat, clearly content.

Ari heard a rustling behind her, turning around to see a small, avian Pokémon pecking at the ground.
"A Pidgey!" Ari exclaimed, consulting her Pokédex. Pidgey, the Tiny Bird Pokémon. A Normal- and Flying-type. Among all the Flying-type Pokémon, it is one of the gentlest and easiest to catch. A perfect target for the beginning Pokémon Trainer to test their skills.
"Pidgey, you're mine!" Ari called, lobbing a Poké Ball. Pidgey was sucked into the capsule, which rocked back and forth twice before the Pidgey unexpectedly broke out.
To capture a Pokémon, you usually have your own Pokémon weaken it in a Battle, the Pokédex chimed in.
Ari placed Eevee on the ground. According to the Pokédex, her Eevee could use Tackle and Tail Whip.
"Eevee, Tackle!" Ari commanded.
Eevee jumped up, but proceeded to chase her own tail, appearing to not have noticed Pidgey.
Ari plucked Eevee from the ground. Eevee squirmed, clearly full of energy to spend.
"Eevee, please!" Ari couldn't help but grow frustrated. "This is supposed to be the greatest day ever! And I'm stuck with a Pokémon who won't even listen after I saved her life!"
Eevee's blank stare made Ari realise Oak had been right - Eevee really didn't remember what Ari had done for her.

The Pidgey flew away. Initially, Ari thought she had scared it with her outburst. Then, another, more aggresive Pokémon landed nearby, evidently what had actually frightened Pidgey. Ari recognised it as a Spearow.
Unlike Pidgey, Spearow has a terrible attitude, stated the Pokédex. It is very wild and will sometimes attack other Pokémon and humans.
Unprovoked, Spearow charged Eevee down, and pelted her with a relentless Fury Attack. Eevee squealed everytime Spearow's beak or talons connected.
"Knock it off!" Ari grabbed a nearby stone and threw it at Spearow. Hit hard on the head, Spearow let out a determined screech before retreating.
"I get the feeling it just called for backup!" Ari cried. Eevee was badly hurt, unable to hold her own weight. Ari picked Eevee up and ran away as fast as she could.

Ari was so concerned for her injured Eevee that she tripped and tumbled into a nearby river.
Luckliy for Ari, something soon hooked on her blouse.
"Oh! I got a bite. I really think this could be a big one!" Celebrated a girl. Ari found herself heaved onto the shore by a fishing rod.
"It's just a kid. Oh, and a Pokémon. Are you ok?" The speaker was a tomboyish girl in casual clothing, her ginger hair in a messy ponytail.
"Yeah, I'm ok," breathed Ari.
"Not you! What have you done to that poor thing!" The girl scolded, checking Eevee's pulse.
"This isn't my fault!" Ari protested.
The girl ignored her. "It needs a doctor right away. There's a Pokémon Center in Viridian City, that way." The girl pointed.
"Thank you, er-"
"Misty," the girl introduced.
Ari heard many wings flapping behind her. "They're coming back!" Her eyes landed on a nearby bike. Ari jumped on.
Misty turned red. "Hey, what are you doing?"
"Borrowing this!" Ari called, already peddling away with Eevee.
"Hey, that's my bike!"
"I'll give it back someday!"

A thick downpoor started. Ari had a hard task controlling the bike.
"We're almost there, Eevee. Just hang on."
"Ee...vee," moaned Eevee.
The Spearow flock caught up. The bike span out of control. Ari tumbled across the ground as Eevee flew out of the basket, the bike smashing against a large rock.
"Eevee!" Ari yelled, lunging to cushion Eevee's hard fall. More Spearow than Ari could count were poised to attack. "Eevee, I know you're not comfortable inside your Poké Ball, but you'll be safe in there. Please."
Eevee trembled. Ari stood to full height, guarding Eevee, and regarded the Spearow with utmost fury. "Do you know who I am? I'm Ari! I'm going to be a Pokémon Master, whether you like it or not! You hear me?"
As the Spearow dived, Ari closed her eyes.
Something soft brushed against her legs. Ari's Eevee stepped in front of her, leapt up high, and swung her tail. Many small, golden stars shot fowards, colliding with the Spearow, scaring the flock away.
Ari recognised the Move, having seen her mama's Fearow use it when she was younger - Swift. Eevee had learnt it to protect Ari.
Ari placed Eevee down, then collapsed herself, utterly exhausted.
"I guess we're even," Ari told Eevee. Eevee fondly licked Ari's cheek.

Something caught Ari's eye. High in the sky above, as the clouds cleared, a silver Pokémon flew overhead, glowing against the last of the rain. Ari could make out a wide, blue belly and powerful wings, but the Pokémon was completely unfamiliar. Eevee saw it, too; her eyes sparkled at the sight. Ari had no clue what it was.
The incredible Pokémon had flown away before she picked up her Pokédex.
Ari had made an amazing memory with Eevee - she knew it was far from the last. Ari regarded her partner; Eevee returned her smile. Ari was filled with renewed hope that Eevee would remember the night they met.
That would have to wait until after Eevee was healed. Ari needed to reach that Pokémon Center.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

523 16 18
(This is the second spin off story of Love Doesn't Do Encores/A Champion Time For The Heart, side parody to Dragon's Treasure, and Part 4 of the Gala...
530 104 21
Ariel Waterflower is the youngest sister among her 4 older sisters, Misty, Lily, Violet and Daisy aka the Cerulean City Gym Leaders. While Misty is o...
380K 5.5K 33
Xх First FanFiction Story! хX Xx BOOK 1: Luna Mew Light 'Winter Sky Storm' Series! Xx Luna Mew Light is a young girl who dreamed of becoming a Pokémo...
705 100 19
not completed | new chapters posted as they are written edited: technical errors (grammar, punctuation, formatting) besides that, all chapters are wr...