Forever | MaNan

By SamairaRajput

Sequel for Arrange Marriage but can be read as Standalone also. ---- Manik and Nandini. They both didn't know... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 24 | Alternate Ending.
What Heart Wants
Signing off.

Chapter 3

10.4K 1.1K 255
By SamairaRajput

Updating finally.

In case you have forget the previous two chapters- Mukti confesses being in love with a guy Zubin. Nandini tells her to confess to Manik herself and Mukti follows her advice. Manik agrees to their surprise. Manik and Nandini have a detailed conversation on the future of their child or Manik taking over his Father's business.

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter. Since I wrote it after ages almost, I am not sure if it is even upto the mark. So, feel free to point out the mistakes.

And Inline comments are love❤️

Enjoy Reading

-----

Manik was busy working on an important presentation when a small knock on his cabin's door interrupted him in the middle. Since he knew it was past lunch time and he hadn't eaten anything, he was sure it must be Aman and said come in without even looking up for once.

A moment passed and Manik heard nothing from the other end. Irritated, he looked up only to find his father standing there staring at him with a slight smile.

Manik: Dad- Aap-

Manik stood up immediately but before he could walk to Raj, he himself walked in and sat infront of him. As they took their seats, Manik looked at him in confusion for Raj never visited him unless very urgent.

Raj: I heard you didn't eat yet?

It had took an entire moment for Raj to ask this question to Manik who simply shook his head in no.

Manik: I couldn't take out time.

Manik muttered slowly, expecting a scolding for skipping his meal but to his surprise, Raj only chuckled out loud. 'I couldn't take out time' - who could understand it better than him?

At every point of his life- whenever his wife or children needed him - he had used the same phrase. He couldn't take out time for them. And the reason- his work. The work, he felt was more important than giving his family his time.

Raj: You know, Manik- When you were just an year old, I would just reach home and you would get to know even when you were in the room or sleeping. I and Niyonika could never understand how, how everytime you knew it was me, and how you would crawl or run to the door each time. Your mother had a hard time running behind you.

Manik laughed at the distant memory along with his father. He didn't remember a thing but had heard it from his mother a countless times.

Raj: I-I am sorry, Manik.

Manik: Dad- sorry? Kis liye?

Raj: For not being there, for neglecting you all or for all the times you had to understand and adjust, and that too so much that today when I stood inside your cabin for one whole minute- you didn't realize my presence.

Manik: Dad- what- What happened, dad?

Manik had no idea why was his father apologetic all of the sudden today? Did something happen? Did his father hear him and Nandini talking in the morning? It could be the only possible reason behind his state now.

Though, it made him a little uncomfortable remembering how he and his wife even had a personal moment together, but then Manik knew his parents better. They were mature enough to not to intrude their personal moments.

Manik sighed and stood up from his seat. He walked up to his father and sat down on his knees holding his hand.

Manik: Dad, I am sorry If I made you feel like you have failed somewhere, or even for today. Yes, you weren't able to give us time- but you did try to mend things too and that is more than enough for us, dad.

Raj smiled hearing him and Manik passed an equally comforting smile. His father feeling guilty of doing so much hardwork- was the last thing he wanted at that moment.

Raj: Everything aside, Don't you think after getting married to Nandini, you have turned out to be more sensible?

Manik blushed but nevertheless nodded his head, giving his wife the much needed credit she deserved while Raj ended up laughing seeing his pink ears.

Raj: I am so proud of you, Manik.

Manik just smiled, feeling overwhelmed but not knowing how to react.

His father was proud of him. What more he needed?

Probably, a moment with his wife.

Meanwhile, Health and Care Hospital

Nandini, after a tiring surgery has just stepped in her cabin. She hanged her white coat on the chair's arm and sat down with her head thrown back and eyes closed. There was a throbbing pain in her head. She wanted to go home, fall on her bed and sleep for all she wanted.

She whimpered pressing her fingers on her forehead and at the same time felt rough yet gentle fingers sliding hers aside and rubbing it slightly. Starled, Nandini opened her eyes and found Manik standing there with his ever so sweet smile and soft eyes filled with concern and worry for her.

Nandini: Manik? What-

Manik chuckled before she could complete it and walked behind her. He gently pulled her back and started massaging her head.

Manik: Just close your eyes and relax.

Nandini: But-

Manik: No buts- so what I am saying.

Nandini shook her head in disbelief and closed her eyes finally. Manik continued to talk to her in between, telling her how he wanted to see her and came there while all Nandini did was hummed. She was in deep slumber when she felt being lifted up in the air and moving ahead.

It was almost evening when she woke up with her head on Manik's lap who himself had fallen asleep in the sitting position itself. His hand was still tangled in her hair and as she removed it, he stirred open his eyes in reflex.

Manik: Nandini- are you okay?

Nandini: I am fine, Manik. Par Mai yaha kaise?

Manik: I got you home.

Nandini: Why?

Manik: You had a headache, soo-

He shrugged making her frown. As she sat down he checked her forehead and neck. Finding the temperature normal, he stood up from the bed.

Manik: You weren't fine so I took leave from office. Let's go down.

Nandini: Let me freshen up first.

Manik made a bad face and she chuckled before getting up. As she walked in the washroom, Manik too left the room.

It took Nandini an entire half an hour to freshen up properly. The moment she stepped in the room, Manik walked in with two coffee's too. He passed her a smile before walking to the couch.

Nandini: I thought someone wanted to go down.

Manik: But someone wants to spend time with his wife now.

Nandini giggled believing the whole family might be downstairs and her husband didn't want to share her right now.

As they sat down on the couch sipping coffee, Manik indulged her in a random conversation. They were laughing on something silly when a sudden knock on the door interuppted them. Manik made a bad face while Nandini laughed.

She stood up to open the door when Manik held her hand from behind. She looked at him wide eyed and he smirked.

Nandini: Manik, chodiye. Maa huyi toh?

Manik: toh?

Nandini: Manik?

Manik: Thora pyaar se bolo-

Nandini: Manik.

Nandini gritted her teeth making him chuckle. Twisting her hand softly, he pulled her down and placed his lips on the side of hers earning a small gasp from her.

Manik: Pyaar se

The door knocked again and Manik tightened his grip around her wrist. Losing, Nandini bend down and kissed his cheek muttering a small please. Manik smiled and left her wrist with a small smirk.

Manik: See it was so easy, nai?

Nandini glared at him before walking to the door. Glancing back at him for one last time she opened the door only to find a nervous Cabir standing there.

Nandini: Cab-

Cabir: Bhabhi- bhai hai?

Nandini: Haa voh-

Nandini couldn't even complete for Cabir walked passed her the next moment. She frowned, finding it weird but didn't ponder over it much. Might be he was busy.

She walked back inside and since both the brothers seemed to indulged in a serious conversation, Nandini decided against disturbing them. Silently, she picked up their empty coffee mugs and left the room.

She walked in the kitchen to keep the empty mugs and found Niyonika and Mukti making dinner there. As Niyonika saw her, she smiled.

Niyonika: Nandini- bacha, how are you now?

Nandini: I am fine, Maa. Aap bula lete mujhe.

Niyonika: Manik told me you had headache, and moreover I wanted to cook for everyone today.

Mukti: See bhabhi, she isn't even letting me do anything except for cutting vegetables.

Nandini: Maa, Dad will get angry if he saw you in kitchen.

Niyonika: I know right, the same how Manik gets mad?

Niyonika teased making her shook her head in disbelief.

Nandini: Manik toh-

Mukti: Bhai is khadoos, we know.

Nandini: Arey! He is not.

Mukti: Bhabhi, he is. You just don't accept it.

Nandini: Mukti, Manik is not khadoos. He is so sweet. You know he -

Nandini stopped in between realizing what was she doing. She looked at both the ladies who laughed at her expenses.

Mukti: Bhai is sweet but only for you. Or else, he shouts on every second person he sees!

And at the same time they heard Manik shouting at a poor servant from behind. Nandini shook her head in disbelief as Mukti gestured her to look.

Nandini: I will check.

Both nodded, and Nandini walked out of the kitchen. She came near the study room and found Manik blasting at the poor servant who was almost shivering like a dry leaf.

Nandini: Manik!

She interuppted and Manik who had his finger pointed at the servant stopped in the mid and looked at her. He took a deep breathe and muttered a small sorry.

Nandini: It is not okay. Kya hua hai? Aise kyu chila rahe ho?

Manik: Nandini, this- he misplaced my file!  I can't find it now!

Nandini: toh?

Manik: Toh? I need that file!

Servant: S-Sir but-

Manik: Shut up! Don't interfere-

Nandini: Manik, it is okay. Calm down. I know where is your file. Stop shouting at him now. You go.

She added the last line looking at the servant who ran away for his dear life while Manik looked calm now.

Manik: You should have informed me. Maine aise chila diya bechare par-

Nandini: Sorry. Mere dimag se nikal gya.

Manik: It is fine, tell me where did you keep it, I will take it.

Nandini shook her head in disbelief. Mukti said no wrong, only sweet for her and khadoos always. He wouldn't shout for her, but willingly damage the poor servant's eardrums. Without a word, Nandini pulled his nose starling him and chuckled.

Manik: Hey! Why do you do this!

Nandini: You are so adorable, Manik. The file is in our cupboard, right upper corner.

Manik made a bad face and started going when Nandini held his hand from behind. He stood there for one whole minute, glared at her, puffed but then sighed.

Manik: fine, I will apologize. Happy?

Nandini nodded with a wide smile and he mimicking it walked to their room.

The whole family settled in the dining area with Nandini, and Mukti serving the dinner and Raj telling them about a funny incident at office.

After serving Manik, Nandini moved to Cabir. She was about to serve him when all of the sudden he shifted uncomfortably on his chair. Nandini stopped and watched him look at Mukti who was serving Niyonika.

Cabir: Mukti, Pehle mujhe serve kar, mujhe bohut bhook lagi hai.

He said abruptly and even Mukti looked starled but came on his side to serve him. Nandini frowned, and came beside Manik who didn't seem to notice anything. He smiled as she sat beside him and started eating but Nandini, she couldn't gulp down a single morsel.

Something was not right. Cabir was definitely ignoring now, she could see it clearly. Cabir was not only her brother in law, he was her bestfriend. He was the first person in this house who made her feel home here.

Cabir had always treated her so special, with so much respect and never did he ever let her feel ignored, and today he himself was doing so and the worst part, he didn't seem happy too.

Nandini had absolutely no idea what was the matter. She let out a sigh, pressing her head that had started to ache again. Another troubled sigh left her mouth and at the same time a hand holding a spoon of rice appeared infront of her.

She looked up and found Manik looking at her with slight concern and a small smile.

Manik: Khane ko waste nahi karte hai, khao.

He gestured to the spoon and she silently opened her mouth to let him feed her for she knew he wouldn't budge.

After dinner, the whole family settled in the living room. The men were watching match on the television while the ladies were busy in their own gossip. The conversation that started from the irritation of the match going on jumped to kids and suddenly all the attention shifted to Manik and Nandini.

Mukti: Bhabhi, you say, what do you want?  A baby girl or baby boy?

Nandini blushed, peeking a glance at Manik who tried his best not to be effected but she did notice his pink ears too. She smiled and shook her head.

Nandini: I don't know.

Mukti: Bhabhi! Com'on! Aapne kuch toh socha hoga?

Nandini: kuch bhi nahi. joh bhi hoga, I will be happy.

Her own answer made her drift back to the past when Manik had confessed he was scared to have a child. She looked at him worried but he seemed to have forget about the matter. She smiled, relieved.

Mukti: Aur bhai, aapko?

Manik: Mukti! Don't you think you are too young for this topic?

Mukti: Bhai!!

Manik: Maa!

He whined in the same voice making Mukti throw the cushion at him. He laughed along with others.

Niyonika: But on a serious note, the gender never matters. It is all about the happiness of your first child.

Manik smiled, staring at Nandini who kept looking down with a slight blush. He chuckled and nodded his head. Their baby, the thought alone had his heart bursting with enough happiness.

All of the sudden, Navya who was sitting there silently all the while stood up gaining all of their attention.

Niyonika: Navya? Bacha- kya hua?

Navya: Nothing mom. You guys enjoy, I want to sleep.

Nandini: But, are you fine?

Navya: Yes ofcourse, Anyways I am not needed here.

She muttered, but Nandini who was sitting close to her did hear it. She looked at her upset, but Navya was already walking to her room followed by a tensed and angry Cabir.

Niyonika: Nandini-

Nandini: It is okay, Maa. I understand she is not fine.

Nandini looked down as they all stared at her helpless. It had been six months Navya lost her mother. And it had been six months she pushed everyone away. She wouldn't talk, she wouldn't mingle up with anyone no matter how much they try. She started staying away from everyone, and somehow the bond she shared with Nandini faded away.

Niyonika silently held her hand, giving the silent support. Nandini smiled assuringly at her Slowly everyone walked to their rooms except Manik who had work in study.

Thus, he was the last one to walk back in his room. He was passing through the corridor when all of the sudden, the loud voices from Cabir's and Navya's room caught his attention.

Manik had no plans to eveasdrop or interfere between them but when Navya's "I am not Nandini who would listen to her husband's shout and stay silent." Reached his ears, Manik couldn't help but knock at their already open door.

Both, Cabir and Navya stopped abruptly, staring at him wide eyed while all Manik did was stare at the, now nervous and scared woman infront of him who had dared to disrespect his wife behind his back.

If looks could kill, Navya knew she wouldn't have been breathing by then.

Oh Dear Lord, what did she do!

To Be Continued.

Oops! Navya pulled the wrong string, I guess.

What do you think will happen next?

Any mistakes, suggestions, advice?

Do share your views :)

Thankyou,

Will update next Sunday now.

Have a nice sleep :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Infinity Love! By D.

General Fiction

423K 29.3K 113
Hey peepz! I'm new here. It's my first story. So Manik and Nandini's love inspires me alot. So I thought why not give it a shot by some other plot. ...
88.7K 12.4K 28
Ajeeb Daastaan hai yeh Kahan shuru kahan khatam The strange tale of Manik Malhotra and Nandini Murthy. Though they know each other from childhood, th...
257K 15.1K 28
Speaking of Arranged Marriage people often think it doesn't work! Tons questions obviously arise :- How can two strangers spend their rest of lives...
100K 6.3K 16
It's going to be a unique love story on Manan. How a marriage which is going be an arranged one but turned into a loved one. A shy boy and bold girl...