I Promise We Are Professionals

By Ace_of_Grace

Agencies started putting out work to sponsor foreign heroes on the Hero Network about quirks they were lookin... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 10

10 2 0
By Ace_of_Grace

"You better be nice to her today, Kachan." Warned Izuku. "You should also apologize for how you acted last night."

"Tch, whatever, Deku." scoffed Bakugo as he brushed off Izuku's threats. It had been decided that all three would go with Aoko to get whatever she needed to get settled in and then afterwards go to the training room to see her quirk in action and get some extra training in.

"She didn't come back out of her room again last night after what you said to her." commented Todoroki. Aoko was actually still in her room from when she went in there last night after supper.

"If she's that much of a whimp that she can't take some harsh truth then she is definitely not cut out to be a part of this team." huffed Bakugo.

"I'm not a whimp." cut in a voice causing all three boys to turn and see Aoko standing there looking dressed and ready for the day. "I'm just super jet lagged and didn't want to listen to you be a dick anymore cause your panties are all in a twist because you don't want an outsider joining your little posse." she replied with her arms crossed over her chest as she glared lightly at Bakugo who narrowed her eyes at her.

"Sounds to me like your scared." he poked trying to rile her up as much as she seemed to rile him up just by talking at this point.

"Actually, it's good to know when to walk away, and your "put Aoko down any chance I get" attitude because of something that happened that I have no control over is already getting old. You're an adult, Bakugo, act like it." she snapped. Todoroki and Izuku both shared a shock look at each other and Bakugo stood there with his mouth shut. He didn't know if he wants to explode in anger or embarrassment...because if took the time to think about it, she was right.

"How about we get going! You have some stuff you need to get right, Moore?" asked Izuku breaking the moment of silence and trying to ease the tension.

"Yeah actually! That'd be great. Are you coming too T-roki?" asked Aoko taking her attention away from Bakugo as she walked around him as he stood there in tense silence.

"Who the hell does this bitch think she is. Telling me to act like an adult like she is any better, the way she gets distracted from topic to topic so easily and acts like she's excited about stupid shit like going to the store to get soap and shit...damn it! Why does her just existing seem to piss me off so much? It wasn't like this nearly as bad with the others. Even with that last chick that went rouge in the end." Bakugo thought bitterly to himself as he ended up trudging along, trying to drown out the conversation that Aoko, Todoroki, and Izuku were having in front of him as they were deciding where to go first. Bakugo looked at the group and studied Aoko for a moment while she was distracted in conversion. She didn't look like anything too special; she was nearly a full head and shoulders shorter than all of them there. Her black hair was in the same two space buns it had been in yesterday. She was wearing a plain looking light blue dress that stopped mid-thigh and had a pair of worn-out sneakers in her hands. If he would've passed her by on the street, he doubted he would have even given her a second glance. Now that he as actually looking at her...well she wasn't ugly by any means, at least that's what he thought. Her being a foreigner did make her stand out a bit, but it wasn't super obvious.

"So, are you coming or what, Bakugo?" a voice asked snapping him out of his daze. He blinked.

"What?" he asked confused.

"I asked if you are coming with." repeated Aoko. Now Bakugo was confused. Why are she sounding so nice when just moments ago they had been fighting? Izuku gave Bakugo a look that he better be coming and behave.

"Yeah, fine whatever." Bakugo muttered.

"Awesome, let's go!" cheered Aoko as she practically skipped over to the door and sipped her sneakers on. Bakugo didn't miss the small smile on Izuku's face when as Izuku was watching Aoko with amusement. Aoko hardly noticed the interaction going on around her as she was excited to go and get somethings to start really settling in.

"First we should go to the mall. I think I should be able to find most of what I need there." commented Aoko as she grabbed a black bomber jacket that she had been wearing the day before that she had left by the door.

"Sounds like a great idea." confirmed Izuku. "Then we don't have to travel to multiple separate locations, and it will save us time."

"Did you make a list of the things you are planning to get?" asked Todoroki.

"Yep! Got it on my phone. It's not super long and I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff, but these are the things that I know that I'll need in the next few days for sure." replied Aoko. Bakugo peaked over her shoulder and got a look at part of the list. It said things like:

Shampoo

Conditioner

Soap

Blankets

Phone chargers

Pillows

Desk Lamp

Tampons

Caffeine tablets

"Why the hell do you need caffeine tablets?" commented Bakugo as they walked out the door of the apartment. Aoko looked over at him surprised that he had read what was on her phone.

"I find that they can help me focus. Usually I just drink coffee, but I don't know where coffee shops are around here yet and I don't know if I'll have the time to get it. I kinda hate having to sit down at a desk without them because I'll get bored." admitted Aoko as the got in the elevator.

"Sounds a bit like you, Bakugo. Maybe you should get some of those to help you too." noted Todoroki.

"Hell no! I don't need some stupid pills to help me sit at a stupid desk!" he yelled in reply. Izuku let out a sigh at Bakugo's loudness and looked over to see how Aoko would react. She didn't. The yelling didn't even seem to faze her at all.

"Don't worry, they're I mainly only take them just in case I'm running a bit lower than usual on sleep which might be a probably for the next couple days as I get used to the time change here in Japan." Aoko explained. "Anyways how far is the closest mall from here?"

"We'll have to take the train to get there, but it's only a few stops away. It's one of the bigger ones too, so it should pretty much everything you need." replied Izuku.

"Perfect! Cause I want to get to the gym and start some training ASAP!" exclaimed Aoko with a clap of her hands as she happily walked out of the elevator with the boys trailing after her. Aoko stopped walking once she got outside causing Todoroki to nearly run her over.

"Oh, sorry, Moore." he apologized as the he grabbed on to her biceps to avoid walking over her and the two of them toppling over.

"Why the hell did you stop, Blue?" asked Bakugo.

"Maybe because I have no idea how to get to the train station?" she replied with sass lacing her voice as she looked over at Bakugo with a look of amusement as her face as he frowned at her. Todoroki let go of Aoko's arm.

"Thanks, for catching me, T-roki!" thanked Aoko was a cute smile.

"Dumbass." he muttered under his breath as he turned to walk towards the train station with the others trailing close behind him all the way there.

"Soooo are you the leader of the group then, Bakugo?" Aoko quietly asked as they boarded the train. It was Aoko's first time being on a train in Japan and to be honest she was a little nervous about traveling around in Japan. Bakugo stepped closer to her for a moment to reply as talking on the train in generally was usually seen as rude.

"What makes you think that blue freak?" he whispered back lowly. Izuku and Todoroki looking at the two like they had sprouted horns and wings with how close they were suddenly, and they weren't fighting.

"I dunno, just kinda seems like it...although you all radiate high energy and leadership." shrugged Aoko quietly. Bakugo leaned down to whisper closer to her ear as he reached up to hold on the hand holds above. Aoko was holding on to the pole in the middle of the car as she didn't want to try and reach the hand holds above.

"Well, the thing is that there isn't an official leader since there is only a few of us. It changes based on the mission we are on; Endeavor gives us the assignments. It's also so there is minimal fighting on who is in charge." he explained lowly. Aoko was kind of surprised he was explaining this so civically and softly to her. She figured he might call her an idiot or something.

"Huh, that actually makes a lot of sense...wait does that mean there's a possibility that I could be in charge for a mission too?" she asked curiously as she turned slightly towards him, almost bumping her face into his as she didn't realize how close he was. Bakugo backed up startled by the closeness.

"Tch, you got a long way to go before that'll happen short stack." he teased lightly causing Aoko to roll her eyes at him. The train came to a sudden stop causing Aoko to stumble a bit back into Bakugo who used his free hand to catch her arm before she could go any farther.

"Hey, watch is brat. You should be more aware of your surroundings." he hissed at her under his breath as Aoko steadied herself. The people around them barely glanced their way as they got off of the train and others were getting on.

"Sorry." apologized Aoko softly. Bakugo scoffed lightly as he let go of her arm and looked away to look out the window of the train...basically anywhere but the short woman in front of him.

"Did something happen between them while getting on the train that I didn't see?" Todoroki whispered to Izuku.

"I don't think so. Maybe Kachan is trying to actually take my advice and give her a chance before totally writing her off as a teammate." suggested Izuku. Todoroki nodded as he watched the two with curiosity before watching Aoko. He wanted to know more about his new teammate as well. He was surprised that his father had recruited her so soon after the whole catastrophe with their previous team member. A girl who went by the code name Miss Angel...but she had turned out to be anything but an angel in the end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

541K 13.5K 19
This is the story of how you became a hero. You even became a hero to the pros. You don't start off as well as everyone else but you soon grow strong...
41K 1K 32
Izuku Midoriya's dream of becoming a Hero was not only shattered by his Idol, but by society. What happens when his Mom receives a job offer in Ameri...
450 13 9
In a society with 80% of people possess a superhuman ability called a quirk. However, there are the 20% who don't possess a superhuman ability. To th...
41.4K 670 21
Y/n, a young girl with a powerful quirk. Or should I say quirks? Yes, she has two quirks and both are very powerful if known how to be used. She is a...