Is it wrong to be an Eminence...

By ZdaTTy

Bell heard several stories of his grandfather's heroes. But there was one that caught his attention. At that... More

Chapter 2 - Hunting Night - The Elf Rescue
Chapter 3 - Foreshadowing of Shadow

Chapter 1 - Prologue - The next Eminence in the Shadows - Arrival in Orário

4K 97 35
By ZdaTTy

I got this idea after seeing a story in Spanish. So I thought, why not? The story of Eminence in the Shadows is very good. So I made my own version of that. In the final note of the chapter, I'll explain some of the things I plan to cover in the story in addition to the original Light Novel.

In a small house among the rural areas, a small village was seen. Several people were working out there harvesting among other things. It was a little difficult to get a good income from the work they do, but people don't care. The people in the village are happy.

Children have fun playing with what's available. They are humble. This village didn't have any kind of danger from monsters, even outside of it. So it was easy for the children to go out to play a little further away from the village.

Inside the small one, we see a boy with white hair and red eyes. He was lying on the bed, while beside him was his grandfather sitting in a large wooden chair. His grandfather had white hair and beard. He was too big.

The boy had already asked why he was so big that way. He just said it was genetics. The boy asked if it was going to look like this in the future, to which his grandfather just laughed and told him he didn't need to worry about it.

The boy was 5 years old.

Currently they were in an almost daily activity of theirs. The boy lying in bed with his blanket covering him, leaving only his head out, and his grandfather in the chair with a book, telling him a new story.

Only this one was different.

His grandfather always told him stories about heroes he came to admire a lot over time. But this particular story he was telling was something totally different from all the other stories he had read before. He was initially surprised by this change, but said nothing and just listened while his grandfather told him the story.

As time passed, the boy gradually became more in awe of the story than even the stories of heroes. In the hero stories, it always told about a protagonist who saved people and gained great recognition from her over time, making them consider him a hero.

When his grandfather told him these stories, he had thought he had made up his mind to become a hero. Someone who would show up and save girls in their moments of despair. But then came this story...

It was completely different from all the hero stories the boy had read before. The protagonist of this story called himself an 'Eminence of Shadows', a name that confused the boy. Unlike heroes, he didn't want recognition. No one actually knew about him.

He'd show up and take care of things and then disappear right away, letting people wonder who'd done it. Some even impersonated him, saying they were the ones who had taken care of those things. The boy had been frustrated at the time, but showed nothing.

The boy was really confused about this person. Why take care of several things and not want to be recognized for your great effort? This was something he didn't understand at all.

The boy was initially alone, until he gained followers. People who helped you in your times of need. In fact, although the story appeared to be something very serious, it had several comedic parts.

Like for example, the part where he fights a person and almost loses against him because he had every pocket full of gold. He actually laughed at that part. There were a lot of other fun parts, but it wasn't something to mention right now. The boy listened intently to his grandfather telling the story to him.

Over time, the boy became fascinated by this story. He didn't understand why, but this particular story was intriguing him for some reason he didn't know. With each passing moment he was entering more and more into this incredible story.

While he was listening to the story he had been struck by something. This story was far more interesting than all the hero stories her grandfather had told her all this time. Hero stories almost always began and ended in a similar way.

But this story is something else entirely. The boy could usually predict where the story was going. This was a result of reading several similar stories. But he can by no means predict any outcome of this story. And that became something totally fascinating to him.

Sometimes he thought something would happen, and something totally different would happen than what he had thought. This made the story totally fun for the boy. Much more fun than all the hero stories put together that her grandfather had told her for a long time.

His grandfather had noticed that the boy seemed to be having a lot of fun listening to this story. He just smiled silently as he continued to tell the story.

The boy was still at odds with one thing during this story. It was the fact that the protagonist passed for weak even though he was very strong.

Apparently, he pretended to be weak and showed a very shy appearance, causing everyone to tease or mistreat him. But even so, the protagonist was not taken in by anything. He continued to play weak during the day, while at night he wore a different outfit and fully showed his strength while hiding through a mask.

Even not understanding why that is yet, Bell was fascinated by this story. Then, like all previous stories, it came to an end. A totally unexpected ending that left me more fascinated than before.

"So what did you think, Bell?" His grandfather asked as he closed the book.

"That was amazing!" The boy spoke in a loud, very excited tone.

His grandfather chuckled at his reaction. Basically it was the same as every hero story he told her. But for some reason, he felt like this time was something else entirely. Something in Bell's eyes said that. He didn't know what it was, but he didn't think much of it.

"It was quite different from all the stories I've told you before, right?"

"Yes," the boy shook his head several times while still lying down. "It was totally unpredictable. I would venture to say that this story alone was better than all the hero stories you've told me before!"

"Oh really?"

"Yes!"

"Hahaha, I'm glad you had fun with her. Let's finish for today. It's time for you to sleep." His grandfather warned him as he got up and placed the book on a shelf that held several books.

The boy shook his head several times, still excited from the previous story.

"Alright good night grandpa." the boy said excitedly.

"Good night, Bell," the old man said before turning off the light in the bedroom, and then he opened the door, walked through it and closed it, leaving Bell completely alone.

Bell was having several thoughts about this story he had just heard. He always wanted to be a hero who saves the girl from harm. Well, it's not like you can't do the same thing to each other, right?

With a smile Bell closed his eyes as a single thought.

He would become the true Eminence in the Shadows .

xXx

One year later:

It had been a year since Bell decided to become a Shadow Eminence. He had thought about telling his grandfather this, but then he remembered the protagonist of the book. A phrase he once said.

If you want to become a true Shadow Eminence, you can't let anyone unwanted know about you. The fewer people who know about you the better. This includes your family members or even Bell's grandfather. Therefore, he decided to hide it from him.

There were other things that happened this year. One of them is the fact that he found out that his grandfather was Zeus. But God didn't know that yet. Basically, when he was in bed on a normal day, his grandfather got a visit. He appeared to be some kind of Elf, but after his grandfather said his name, Bell found out his name was Hermes.

He basically yelled, " Hey Zeus! When do we go after the beauties!?"

"Speak down you idiot, my grandson is sleeping! We can discuss this matter in my office, hehe."

Well, they thought he was sleeping, but he wasn't. Bell didn't know why his grandfather kept it from him, but clearly there was a reason. So he decided to drop that subject for a while. He currently had a bigger goal that he needed to focus on.

Become strong to transform into a true Eminence in the Shadows .

He was now looking at their status.

You might be wondering how he's looking or has status, right? Well, basically a while ago, he gained a unique ability.

Normally, people needed a falna from their god to be able to gain an ability or spell after a while. But that is not the case with this skill he gained. He theorized that his desire to grow strong quickly to become an Eminence in the Shadows and to lurk among them soon had somehow caused him to gain an ability because of that desire.

The name of this skill was:

< He who defies the reality of the Gods >

The ones he knew were:

1. Apparently this ability gave him the ability to have a falna or update his status without the presence or interference of a god.

2. He was also able to manipulate his falna, causing him to hide his true level.

3. From what he had seen, he was able to lie to the Gods.

Whenever Bell broke something or did something and didn't want to admit it, his grandfather would always ask him. And he was trying to do his best to deny it, and in his view, his acting wasn't nearly as bad. But his grandfather could always detect among his lies. When he found out he was a God he realized everything.

His grandfather Zeus had told him the story of some gods. And it was he himself who said that humans could not lie to the gods. Now that Bell thinks about it, he really was an idiot. Didn't he expect Bell to find out sometime? Or maybe, maybe he just forgot? Although the latter is something really pathetic.

But well, it's his grandfather, the supposed 'Zeus' who keeps telling him to aim for the harem when he grows up. In fact, he was talking about it so much that the boy seriously considered agreeing, but something said it would only make his grandfather louder than he normally is, so he opted to just keep quiet.

Returning to his status, he was happy with what he saw.

Status:

[ Name: Bell Cranel ]

Race: Human (?)

Level: 2

Strength: I0

Effective: I0

Dexterity: I0

Agility: I0

Magic: ??

< Magic >

[None]

Skills:

<One who defies the reality of the Gods>

[ Due to the wielder's intense desire, this spell was created to allow it to defy the logic of the Gods. The wearer is able to update their own status without the presence of a god. Other ways to use currently unknown... ]

He had just reached level 2. He also had his ability. Basically it was a well-stolen skill. She allowed him to basically 'challenge' the gods. He was able to lie to their faces without them knowing it. He was wondering if it was possible for him to add a stat to someone else with his ability, or if it just works for him.

Well, he can look at it later.

Putting the paper away, he quickly looks at the time. It was about 5:20 pm. Your grandfather sometimes went out in a few days to do something he didn't know what. But after calculating how long it takes him to get home on the days he leaves, he figured he had about a little over an hour.

This morning, people in your village reported that it appears they had bandits hiding in the forest. Because of this, the parents forbade their children to leave the village and made them come home earlier today. You probably don't have any kids at this hour. He had to be quick.

He would take care of the bad guys. It was also a good opportunity to try out that Slime costume and sword that he secretly made on his grandfather's outings.

Bell was normally a cheerful and innocent boy in everyone's eyes. But he was also someone very smart. Smart enough to make some adults raise their hats for him. In the story he read, unlike the heroes, the protagonist of the Eminence of Shadows killed people. But it was bad people or bad guys.

He noticed that his grandfather had skipped parts of the book. Probably the 'heaviest' parts. Even though he was a 5 year old at the time, he deduced that it was the bad guys wanting to do bad things to people. Mainly women.

He braced himself and then began to peer into the shadows so as not to attract attention.

xXx

In the forest, a group with several bandits were enjoying around a large fire. Some were drinking while others were sleeping.

Near them, there were several wooden carts with various items that appeared to be handcrafted.

"Keep drinking guys! Today's attack was a big hit!!" One yelled at a bottle of beer while several others also raised one and yelled in agreement.

"Walking through the forest at night with all that shit art. Merchants are getting pretty careless I must say. Did you see that old hag's face when she screamed? Hahaha! It would be nice if in Orario things were that easy."

"Yes, if I'm not mistaken she yelled something like 'please let my son live! What a joke."

"So it is!" Various comments from thieves laughing.

"Let's go to that village in the next attack. I can already see the women screaming in despair, hehe." A random person commented from the village next to them. Several others agreed.

Then one of them went back to the past topic.

"Yes, yes. So I told her. If you want to live, show me your precious-"

"!!!"

The bandit couldn't finish his speech when suddenly a sword pierced near him. Several thugs began to stare in shock as those who were there woke up to the screams of the others. They all turned to the person who had apparently fallen from the sky, piercing the ground close to where they were.

"What the hell!" One shouted.

"Good night bitches." The person who fell called calmly.

Everyone could see a young man who looked no older than 8 years old in an all-black outfit with a hood. His hair was white and his eyes red. Even his boots were black. He had a medium sized sword in his left hand as he calmly looked at them all.

"W-Wh- Who the hell is this brat!?"

"Very well, calm down gentlemen. I'm just a random brat passing by," the boy said as he readied his black sword in front of him. "Today I am here to be my new weapon, the slime sword and the slime suit. So please feel honored to be my first guinea pigs."

"!?"

"What the fuck are you talking brat!?"

"Who do you think you are!?"

Totally ignoring their shouting, the boy began to explain the sword and his costume with some sort of hidden animation. As if he was really excited to try those things out.

"I took a bunch of them, then turned them to jelly. Then I made a suit that covers my body and an easy-to-use weapon out of them. Their magical conductivity is a miraculous 99% which means..."

The boy quickly cut the thug in front of him as his sword suddenly grew longer than its previous size.

"That this elegant function allows the user to change their shape as they see fit! Why not buy one for the madam family?"

Then began a mysterious brat massacre cutting down and completely massacring the bad guys. There was even a time when he threw small knives at the heads of some, but he stayed more with his sword as he began slashing and killing all the bad guys mercilessly.

Bell had heard what they had said about attacking his village soon after. He would not allow such atrocity. Although his personality changed a little as he always read that same book hidden from his grandfather, he still remembers the kind people in the village. So he would make sure to keep them safe when he left for Orario.

"Oops. I think I can exaggerate you," muttered the boy.

"You bastard! How dare you..."

"Oh, is there one left? I guess I'll have to use fancy function number two for you."

"Stop talking shit! You dare attack my buddies while I was pissing!? I'm still a level 2! A brat like you is screwed!" He yelled as he ran with his sword.

He quickly made what for him was a big cut in the brat's center.

"What do you think of that, huh!?" The man yelled only to look at the completely intact brat in disbelief.

"W-what?"

The boy showed a smile as he pointed with his hands that were under a black glove to the part of his belly where he had swung his sword.

"Didn't go through, see? Changing shape isn't the only thing possible in this outfit. It also has adequate defensive power."

"Screw this!"

He yelled, delivering a sword blow to the boy's head, which he dodged by lowering his body a little.

"Whoa, almost, huh."

He then starts attacking with great speed and strength. But the boy, that brat was dodging everything like it was nothing. How was this shit possible!? He was a level 2! There's no way a shitty kid who didn't look older than 8 would be able to play with him like that!

Besides, what was up with that brat!? Killing that many people and being indifferent to that cause shouldn't be possible. Was the brat a psychopath? It was the only thing he thought was possible at the moment. While he was throwing blows, still dodging the boy spoke.

"So this is your style, huh? Which family are you from Orario? I heard that in Orario there are some rogue gods. However, I think it's time to end this," he said leaving the man alarmed.

The boy's sword disappeared, he started running towards the bandit.

"Hey!"

He was going to ask where the hell his sword had gone, but the boy approached him with considerable speed, and then he kicked the bandit in the belly. Or rather, it was supposed to be a simple kick. But then, suddenly a blade appears in the toe of his boot and pierces the thug through the belly.

"Ugh!"

"Slime sword, elegant function number two. You are able to draw your sword whenever you want and wherever you want. I must say, you were quite strong."

Now all the bandits had been killed. Bell started digging through everything they stole. He was looking more precisely for gold or coins he could use.

What? You cannot judge him. After all, he would have to have funds for when he went to Orario, right? Why not start putting it all together now? It's better than hanging out with no money and ending up sleeping on the street for several days, which is something he definitely won't allow to happen.

"Fucking thieves, they stole a lot."

"Know that I have avenged you merchants. Your goods will serve to support my rise to Eminence in the Shadows ." He prayed.

However, when he lifted a part of the cloth on one of the carts, he found a kind of cage.

"Hmm? What is this? A cage? Is it a slave...?"

Upon opening the cage he sees what appears to be a female figure. But totally deformed. It looked like...

"A decomposed corpse...? No, it still appears to be alive. Could it be one possessed?"

His grandfather had told him about a dungeon disease that had some people. Or at least that's what it says. But in reality, they used this excuse to slaughter these people. This was created by a group of gods and cursed adventurers. Could she be a survivor? thought the boy.

'Hmm... it looks like there's not much salvation. I have to get back quickly. Grandpa will be home soon. I wonder if I...' The boy thought as he put his hand on the corpse he still suspected was alive.

If his ability allows him to challenge the reality of the gods, then...

He quickly opens the cage and places the 'corpse' on the ground. He raises his hands over his head, and then...

"!!!" A glow echoes from the 'corpse' as he does this.

The 'corpse' seemed to have come to life. Suddenly a girl was looking at herself over and over in her hands. A young elf with long, platinum-blond hair and blue eyes. Bell really didn't expect to find one this soon. However, there was another very important detail.

She was naked!

Although he was still a 6 year old looking 2 years older than his real age, he was making some effort to let that go and get to the most important part.

"But how...? My body was almost rotting. And now... it's back to normal...?!" The elf girl said in disbelief.

She quickly lifted her head to see a small boy with white hair and red eyes looking directly at her. She then started to speak.

"I don't even know how I can express my gratitude! I will devote my life to rewarding you...!"

'Hm... devote your life to reward me, huh?' At that moment Bell had an idea.

"Does this mean that you will become the follower of my Eminence in the Shadows...?"

"Hm?"

She tilted her head looking at the boy confused.

'Hm? Ah, of course that would be your reaction. There's no way she can know what's going on when you say something like being my follower of the Eminence in the Shadows like that.'

He quickly began to analyze her expression which was still confused. It was like he had several question marks in his head.

'I need to give her a goal for her in order to make things easier in the future. What story can I use to make her fall easily...?'

This was his opportunity to get his 'followers', just like the protagonist of the book. He wasn't going to throw this chance in the trash. The sooner it starts the better and he clearly knew that. After all, the protagonist himself mentions this somewhere in the book.

He then looks at the elf who was still looking at him. So he decides to make his move.

"Very well, I've made up my mind. From now on, your name will be ' Alpha '. You will be my follower and you will work with me as my right hand man." He started by making her listen to him intently. He then continues.

"Our goal is... to prevent the dungeon's resurrection and awakening."

"The dungeon...? The one from the heroes' tale?" Alpha said in amazement.

"Yes. A long time ago, the world was about to be devastated due to the dungeon until the heroes arrived and then the gods. The dungeon has a highly powerful monster with the ability to destroy everything we live in. His name is Diabolos . "

"Diabolos...? The one from the fairy tales...?"

"Yes."

He stated as he prepared to explain more. Bell picked up a stick from the ground and started drawing some things.

"The dungeon's resentment and hatred was directed at the heroes putting various curses on them and their descendants, otherwise known as ' The Dungeon Curse ', or just ' Possession ' which is what's running through your body. I managed to deny the part of the curse that was eating you away with one of my abilities."

In the drawing were drawings of some heroes and their children, along with several shadows coming out of the depth while one was highlighted as being the biggest shadow.

With that revelation about her, the elf's face completely paled. But the boy said he was done with the part of the curse that was gnawing at his body. If so, was she still cursed? She would ask later.

"The children of heroes are captured for their blood," he said.

"Are you kidding me? My parents were killed because of my blood?" The elf was very stunned while the boy stood firm. It didn't even look like she was the oldest this time.

"Those with the greatest concentration on their blood are affected by the Curse. Blood of heroes, spirits and the dungeon curse. This is what makes them dangerous and useful to them."

"Who?" the elf asked.

" The Cult of the Dungeon . Those who want to fully awaken the Dungeon and bring Diabolos back. They who conspire to awaken the dungeon, they are our enemies," Bell said looking directly into the stunned elf's eyes. "The cult 'rarely' comes out in daylight. They prefer to deal with and erase everything that crosses them in the shadows."

He stood up while still keeping his eyes fixed on the elf and then said.

"But this is also our way of acting."

"Huh?" She was confused.

Bell then looked Alpha straight in the eye and struck a pose. In Alpha's vision, Bell was just below the moon which was glowing in all its splendor while Alpha just thought the moon just made his countenance more majestic than it already was. He then said.

"We are the Garden of Shadows . We lurk in the shadows and hunt in the shadows. And those who try to copy our way of doing things are not forgiven."

He lifted his hand to her.

"Avoiding Diabolos' awakening won't be easy. Will you help me?"

The elf quickly rose and looked at Bell with determined eyes.

"The Cult of the Dungeon must have great power... but many are wanted and killed because of these bastards... it can't possibly keep happening!"

The elf then came closer to Bell and knelt in front of him as she said.

"I see what you're up against. I understand. From now on, I, Alpha, will put my life on the line in the name of Shadow Garden !" She said with conviction before looking up and looking her new master straight in the eye.

"And we will bring them the death they deserve!"

Bell nodded and gestured for Alpha to follow him. Bell put his hands in his pockets as he walked majestically. Behind him was Alpha with a cloth covering his body that Bell had given her.

But that all had a catch.

Everything Bell just told her was something he had invented at the last minute to get his first follower. He was neither happy nor sad about it. He at least had his follower. But she took what he invented very seriously, so she shouldn't find out about his lie anytime soon.

Or at least, Bell thought it was just his invention back then. Although...

It was just the beginning of everything.

xXx

One year later:

7-year-old Bell Cranel was thinking about what had happened last year.

When he brought Alpha to his home, his grandfather had already arrived. He was worried about Bell, however, when he walked in with an apparently 9 to 12 year old elf totally naked, his worry completely faded to immense happiness. He kept screaming 'finally' over and over.

After he calmed down, he turned to the elf and asked if she was the first girl in his harem. She was confused and, was about to tell the truth, when Bell interrupted her immediately agreeing with her grandfather without thinking. At that time he was very happy and also jealous, saying damn brat he already has the first girl.

When they entered the room, Bell confirmed something he had wanted to know for some time. Which was if he could update someone else's stats, and indeed he did. Basically it was like he had given Alpha a falna. The more he thought about this ability, the more stolen it looked in his eyes. It was just insane.

He had also warned her that he had not told her anything about his actions with his grandfather. The Garden of Shadows was completely secret. Both he and his operations, which Alpha understood, since not even his master's grandfather God knew about it. So she just kept her mouth shut and played the game of being the first girl in her master's harem. Though she didn't care if that was true.

Bell didn't understand how his grandfather's mind worked. I mean, he was a god and the kid was 6 at the time. So why the hell does he approve and throw this harem thing at him? This shit doesn't make any sense. But he left that to think about another time.

Bell continued training with Alpha completely hidden from his grandfather as he left. They stayed on a similar regimen for some time.

"Shadow," Alpha called to him as he appeared beside him kneeling.

Bell just looked at her as if asking her to continue. I understand that, she started.

"I think it's time for us to expand our forces. I will travel and get information about the < Dungeon Cult > while I get new allies for us. I would like your permission." She said with her head down.

At that moment, she was sweating completely. Even though she didn't see Bell's face, she felt all the pressure he was putting out towards her. Bell was looking at her intently with his red eyes sharp. After a while of silence he finally decides to speak.

"Very well. Permission granted," he started walking towards a secret wall he had installed in his grandfather's hidden room. He then takes out what appears to be a bag full of gold. That should be enough. He threw the bag to Alpha.

She was confused, so he added.

"You're going to need some funds. These are the most valuable gems you'll see for a while," basically it was almost all of his fortune.

He really wanted to cry a lot, because almost 100% of his savings would go down the drain. He gained a lot of affection for each other and the jewelry he took while taking care of the bad guys. But he stood his ground and kept up his act. In Alpha's view, her master was a totally amazing person who cared about her.

"Thank you so much, Shadow-sama!" She screamed with her head down.

"Lift your head. There's no need for that. It's not like we wouldn't see anymore." He said.

The girl through her tears lifted her head with a smile. Your master was a very, very humble person. Funding her that way. Of course she would manage even if it was nothing. But this initial help was very welcome.

Alpha also wore the same slime suit as Bell. It was very useful. Basically, she could change clothes anywhere in a matter of seconds. The costume was completely perfect.

Bell, on the other hand, tried hard not to cry anime tears seeing a large part of his gold going away. But he had to keep up appearances, so he just kept his usual unshakeable countenance.

He had already decided to go to Orário at the age of 14 to stay there. But that doesn't mean that maybe an early visit would affect much.

"Bell!" Your grandfather called.

Quickly in quick movement, Bell closed the secret door while Alpha hid the bag of jewelry. Her bedroom door opened, revealing her somewhat happy grandfather. He was always like that when he saw the two of them together. He then started to laugh.

"Hahaha, am I disturbing something? Sorry about that!"

"Actually, Alpha needs to leave," said Bell.

His grandfather froze suddenly as he stared at the elf with a costume and a bag on his back. He then turned to his grandson and asked wanting to be sure he hadn't heard anything wrong.

"What?"

"She's going out for a while."

"Yes, I plan to visit my homeland." She said.

This was a lie, as his real intention was to find something about the < Dungeon Cult >. However, like Bell, she managed to escape the lie sensor of the gods. Bell theorized that it had to do with his giving her his falna. His dark magic also seemed to have something to do with it.

"You won't let it, Bell, right?"

"Of course not! I will never walk away from S-Bell-sama!" She screamed quickly.

She almost said Shadow. This was very dangerous. Bell shot her a death glare to which she flinched quickly before turning her attention to the god and starting to speak again.

"I still plan on coming back, but I'll be traveling for a while."

"I see...in that case, I wish you a safe trip, girl." Zeus said.

She showed a smile and nodded. She looked at Bell who just nodded in confirmation, then she slowly started walking towards the bedroom door. She reached the door, opened it, and took one last look at Bell and bowed her head before closing the door.

Bell and his grandfather were alone in silence. After some time, his grandfather finally decides to break the silence by starting to ask him.

"Won't you say goodbye to her?"

"Why would I? It's not like this is the last time we'll ever see it, right?" He said with his arms crossed.

"Right..."

Sometimes Zeus wondered about his grandson's sudden personality change. One time he was all shy and nervous, and another time he quickly spoke calmly and indifferently in a rather unshakeable voice. It was like he was someone else. However, after he said this, his grandson returned to his shy attitude again. This happened between small seconds.

His grandfather noticed Bell's tears threatening to come out of his eyes. At that time he had understood everything. His grandson was just playing strong while he was actually very sad that Alpha had left home.

Zeus quickly puts a hand on his grandson's head in comfort which seems to work as the tears that threatened to come out were fading.

In his mind Bell berated himself for not acting from the start. He would improve on that.

xXx

7 years later:

In a carriage passing along a country road, you can see a young man with white hair and red eyes who is somewhat anxious for what the driver has noticed.

"You are going to Orario to become an adventurer, right?" He started out wanting to start a conversation.

The boy looked rather nervous and shy as he struggled to find the words.

"Y-yes. Even though I'm weaker than usual, I still want to try." The boy spoke in a low tone.

"Hahaha, no need to worry so much boy. Just make sure you're careful alright?"

The boy just nodded excitedly as he looked nervous. The journey then continued calmly. As he looked out the carriage window, Bell thought about the past 7 years.

He had improved his acting on an extreme level. His strength was also something ridiculous along with the others.

Alpha visited him a few times between months to report his new discoveries about the < Dungeon Cult >. Alpha was basically second in command of the Garden of Shadows while Shadow was unavailable. Currently they had acquired some allies that Alpha had brought with her when she returned from some trips.

They currently had 7 members as Alpha kept welcoming them like stray cats. And they all follow the Eminence in the Shadow routine.

The story Bell had concocted about the cult he had invented was getting more and more elaborate due to Alpha. And Bell liked that. He didn't think a lie of his could do all that, but he doesn't really care, after all, despite all the shit he invented, the 7 followed with an Oscar-worthy performance.

'The original seven shadows'. That's what they were called by Bell.

Bell was thinking about the city he was going to. This wouldn't be the first time he'd come to this town. Of course it's her first time on it as 'Bell Cranel'. But he's been here before as Shadow.

This happened when Bell learned that Orario was in a chaotic situation at war with beings called Evilus . At that moment Bell thought it would be the perfect time to test his new skills. So, without thinking twice, he left for Orario leaving a message at his grandfather's house telling him that he was going to visit Alpha along with Beta.

When he arrived in town, it was already dark. The perfect moment for him.

He started testing himself with the so-called Evilus, and honestly speaking, he was pretty disappointed in them. At that time he was only 9 years old and yet they were pretty weak.

That night, an entire family had seen Shadow's display of power . After he came home and thought it through, he found out it was the Astrea family. In the fight he had noticed their looks that he liked.

But the reason for their looks were completely different from what Bell thought they were. What Bell didn't know was that he had saved the < Astrea Family > from their annihilation. They had basically fallen into a trap. They just looked at him admiring and grateful for the man in black. The only thing that was visible about him was his white hair that showed between his hood and the red eyes in the mask he wore.

That family hadn't been the only ones to see him in action. There was also a little girl with golden eyes and hair who kept insisting that he take her and make her strong. Bell couldn't let the chance he'd gained in that one pass. Then...

He denied it.

But he didn't deny it outright. He said one of his legendary phrases that was waiting to be used. His excitement at finally being able to say one of those sentences to someone was completely unrealistic. When he was walking back to his grandfather's house, he kept jumping around and yelling things like ' Finally, finally !' ' That's it !' nonstop.

He didn't know who that girl was, but he didn't care. It was very unlikely that they would meet again, so there was nothing to worry about.

As he got closer to town, Bell wondered if he should pay that 'old man' a visit. After some thought, he finally decided he was going to do it. But first, he was going to settle in Orario for a while. After joining a family.

Money was no problem, so it can take as long as it takes.

Talking about families. It is obvious that he will join some weak or few family members so as not to attract attention. While thinking about the various possible variants he would face, the person driving the carriage speaks to him again.

"Boy! We're coming!"

"A-Ah, right!"

X

Bell was currently queuing to enter Orario. In front of him, two guards were talking to people. This was the perfect time. He would have to act like he never did here.

"Next!" shouted a guard.

Bell quickly started running and when he got close to the guards he 'stumbled' falling. Several laughs were heard behind him, while the guards themselves chuckled a little. Bell started to get up looking at the floor.

'Step one complete. Now step two,' thought Bell.

"Name and reason for coming," asked the guard.

Bell then started to shake a little as he lifted his head with looks of determination. He then started talking while stammering a little.

"M-My name is Bell Cranel! I came to be an adventurer...and....meet some girls in the dungeon!" He said as he lowered his head.

'There is! Take this acting bitches!'

"..."

"..."

Silence reigned for a while, before several laughs began to enter the ears of the boy who wants to become an adventurer.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hear that guys!? The boy wants to meet some girls in the dungeon!"

"Hahahahahaha! This is hilarious!"

Several people mocking him as he held his head down in shame for what he had just said.

"Hahaha! Alright boy! Go and find your girls hahaha!" The guard said as he let the boy pass.

Bell quickly rushed in wanting to get out of there quickly, looking very embarrassed.

After walking for a while, Bell finally stopped to see the town of Orario. It was very different from when he came here five years ago to test his skills against the Evilus. At that time the city was completely destroyed and there were many children and people trembling in the street.

But now...

Several people smiling and happily chatting were seen in the city. Bell then wasted no time and started walking calmly. He felt people's eyes on him. He was basically looking pretty shy to the people watching him.

Some girls even joked that he was cute, while others said he looked like a rabbit. There were also those who found him ridiculous and completely pathetic and weak. And on the outside he looked just like that.

But...

Inside his head, he was laughing like a maniac nonstop. Oh, he would really like that.

As he started walking in search of a place to stay, he had only one thought in his mind. A thought that made him smile ghoulishly for a tiny split second, making no one notice. He couldn't wait for this.

The city of Orario was in the future about to witness the deadliest art he had ever created. An art he spent about four years developing in the few spare time he had, he developed moves and tweaked them to make everything completely perfect when it came time for him to use them.

He created about 102 moves and perfected them to the max just for when the time came.

Yes... Orário would witness this legendary art in the future. They would meet...

The Mob-Fu!

Unlike the original story where no one finds out about him, at least so far. In this story, some 'people' will discover Shadow's identity. However, it won't be for any of his hesitations, he will be the one to reveal it. But this will take a while to happen, and I intend to make these revelations very epic, so look forward to it.

I also plan on expanding both worlds in a way that's cool. However, I still don't have many ideas on how to do this. But by the time I get to that part, I'll probably have already thought about it.

And as you may already know about the story I used for this 'crossover', in case you don't know I basically said in the opening notes, the story is about a fucking OP protagonist who has chuunibyou. The work focuses a lot on comedy, but there are parts of legal actions that will be what I'm going to address here.

Basically, when Bell goes into 'Shadow mode,' he's going to eat loose with high comedies.
In shy mode, he'll be that kid everyone thinks is weak. Basically it's going to be like the original story, with some differences I'm going to put up.

A point to highlight is the fact that 'Shadow' has 'Saved' the Astrea family. XD

And as I said a little bit above, I intend to make him reveal himself to some certain people at certain epic moments in history. The Light Novel of 'Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute', from that work I used for the crossover, the protagonist basically didn't reveal himself to anyone of much importance. At least by the time I wrote this chapter, you're going to know the future, right?

And I don't plan on using Evilus as the main 'villains' of this. It would be shit. An epic protagonist needed 'epic' enemies, right?

Well, that's all.

I will now be working on the 10 Elites chapter, as it will likely be the last one of the year. I plan to release another chapter of all my other stories this month and will focus on school as the year is ending. I want to be totally free, and when I go on vacation I'll have more space to write, continue my fics and maybe come back with some old ones.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 122 8
Bell lay on the ground, weakened and confused about how he had ended up in such a state after facing the Goliath. In his dazed state, a revelation be...
12.2K 533 8
[Danmachi AU] What if since the banishment of Orario's top two Familias, Zeus and Hera, things drasitcally changed? What if their banishment caused a...
19.2K 678 8
Bell Cranel A boy that's left his home in search of his own adventure in the great Dungeon City of Orario. Though he has been known to be weak and a...
16.9K 648 12
Reincarnated into Danmachi? Great. Missing an arm? I can deal with that. Being the last living Dark High Elf now the gods won't leave me alone becaus...