The Concept is Simple (Sequel...

By ReadTheWrittenWord

SEQUEL TO YOU'RE CRAZY. With Evanna finally having told Nathan the truth about herself, there's no more lies... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 13

3K 53 19
By ReadTheWrittenWord

"Mum shut up!" I tried not to laugh, catching Nathan's eye. He was sitting right next to me, his eyes open wide, trying to listen in to the phone conversation I was having with my mum.

Mum stopped blabbering on about the 10 new pupils who had joined her dance class and said "Evanna, are you alright?"  

"Yeah!" I insisted "I just have something very important to tell you and not very much time!"  

"What is it?" She sounded concerned and I felt a little guilty.  

"Nathan proposed to me last night and I said - "  

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" my mum shrieked so loudly, I tore the phone from my ear as Nathan and I burst into giggles. "Henlé! Henlé Nathan and Evanna! HENLÉ!!" I pressed my hand over Nathan's mouth so his laughter didn't block out my mum's antics, trying not to laugh myself.  

"Feel sorry for your dad!" Nathan whispered, peeling my hand away from his face when his giggles had subsided. I nodded, if he wasn't suitably excited my mum was not be impressed.  

"EVANNA!" a squeaky little baby voice demanded my attention.  

"Yes!" I replied, matching her tone.  

"Are you marrying Nathan?" Renee wanted to know seriously. I grinned at how mature my one year old sister was compared to my mum.  

"Yeah she is!" Nathan called down, meeting my eye and grinning.  

"Yaaaaaaaaaay!" Renee breathed heavily down the phone before she turned away from the phone and tried to whisper "Gemma, she is. She's getting married."  

It was Gemma's turn next to talk to me, but I was just getting talked at really, advising me of the best sorts of weddings to have. Dad came in too and boomed a congratulations, calling Nathan 'son' in every sentence practically. Then my mum got back on, breathing heavily after all the exertion from screaming so much. I was worried she was going to cry.

"Well, they took that well." I said chucking the phone onto the sofa away from me, once we had hung up. Nathan just laughed and said "I'll say."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I lay awake in bed, the quilt pulled up to my chin, rethinking over that situation. I'd been thinking of it pretty much since it took place 2 entire months ago. We'd called Nathan's family straight after who's reaction was a little saner but excited nonetheless. The next day, I'd even received a visit to my studio from Jess - all clad in her regulatory bright red jumper and blazer as she was in the middle of her school lunch break - we'd stood a squealed a bit too loudly, Brain Freeze did not look impressed.

Eventually, I realised I couldn't delay getting up any longer. My little room was looking a bit bare. I'd peeled all my pictures off the wall and tidied up all the piles of clothes and magazines I'd been accumulating over the months since the last time my guilty conscience had pressured me into a clean out. The cardboard boxes full of my stuff sat by the door. I approached the teetering boxes and pulled out my jeans and and the first t-shirt I could find. I laughed when I realised it was the top Nathan had given me for my 17th birthday that he'd got on our very first date. On which we were both standing in a capsule on the London eye. I pulled it over my head, noticing it was a little less baggy than it used to be.

I pulled out handfuls of clothes and hesitated, wondering what sort of clothing I should be packing, before deciding I didn't care and shoving them all into the bag. Once finished, I made some tea. I carried the two cups through the halls with my shaky hands, noticing for the first time in ages, how quiet and empty the flat was.

"Chaz, I have tea for you." I said, nudging the door open with my hip and approaching Charlie who was sitting with his laptop open at 8am in the morning. "Do you even sleep at all?" I joked, setting the cup down in his bed side table and feeling relieved that Sasha hadn't stayed over last night and I hadn't interrupted anything that could potentially scar me for the rest of my life. This had almost happened a ridiculously high number of times, it was embarrassing.

He sat up, setting the closed laptop on the floor. "You heading off then?" he asked. I say down next to him and slurped my tea back before nodding. 

"Yeah." I grinned.  

"Well take care of yourself." I gave him a very pointed look, brushing my unruly hair back from my face. "I know you don't need to be told. You're not a kid anymore." His eyes glanced down to the ring on my finger. I pretended not to notice. "I'm so used to having to tell you not to do stupid stuff." he laughed, but it looked like his thoughts were a millions miles away.  

"This could be the most stupid thing I've ever done." I said simply. I knew what I was doing and I knew how stupid it was.  

"Or the best thing thing." Charlie said.  

"Or the best thing." I agreed, looking out his little window. All I could see was the brick of the wall outside and people's legs. That's when I noticed a car stop outside and a pair of Adidas trainers and chino clad legs jump onto the pavement.

Charlie who had been watching me, stood up with me. "That you?" He asked.  

"Yup." He followed me into the hall where I leant against the wall as I prised my keds onto my feet and hitched my rucksack on. I stopped in front of him. My eyes swivelling between his own light blue ones. I wanted him to know I wasn't leaving him but this was something I just had to do.

That's when I put my hand on his shoulder, helping me lean up so I could quickly peck him on the lips. He ducked away bashfully, beginning to blush. It wasn't romantic. At the best of times me and Charlie barely saw each other, both of us were so busy with our own stuff but it was the only thing I could think of to do without getting ridiculously soppy.  

"Take care of Briony." He said quietly as I left.  

"She doesn't need it." I replied before closing the door and jogging up the steps, smiling already. Just like I had been pretty much for 2 months.

Nathan's POV 

I'll admit, I didn't expect Ev to be smiling so much as she was when her head bobbed up the stairs and her face lit up as soon as she caught my eye. I expected her to be nervous, which perhaps she was, but thankfully it seemed she was feeling positive about it. The boys stayed in the car, whereas I hopped out and went over to Ev, slyly taking her bag from her before she could protest. 

"Hi!" She said staring at me with bright eyes.

"Hey! How are you feeling?" I asked as she followed me round to the back of the minivan where I dumped her bag. 

"Good actually, not thinking about it too much." She widened her eyes pointedly and I smiled. That was her way of asking for a change of subject, I guess she was a little nervous. Checking the boys were suitably distracted, I reached for her hands and pulled her closer to kiss her. I felt her giggle in surprise but she put her arms around my neck. 

We stopped before we got to carried away but she kept her arms around me. "Not thinking about it anymore then?" I asked with a grin. 

"About what?" She joked badly, cringing a little. "That sort of joke should be reserved purely for Max." She mumbled, embarrassed now. 

"Speaking of the lads, they're all excited for the trip. They couldn't resist coming." I said, wanting to change the subject and spare her blushes. 

"Well, I appreciate the support. Even if they're only coming for the free holiday." She laughed, glancing in the car where Siva was demonstrating his new furry earmuffs he'd bought for the trip. I rolled my eyes at them, way to go guys. 

"That's not true!" I poked her side playfully. 

"I'm joking of course. I'm glad they're excited about it. You guys can go and do touristy things and enjoy yourselves." She nodded. I opened my mouth to tell her that I had no intentions at all to leave her, when the lads started to get rowdy. 

"Are they eating face, Seev, I can't see?!" Jay asked with his usual tact. 

"Yeah, what's with that, actually? We always catch them behind vans sucking face?" Tom piped up curiously. I chuckled, locking eyes with a surprised but curious Evanna. I think they had only caught us doing that once before. That time that we had busked with Ev over 2 years ago now..

"I'm going to go and get the stuff." I said casually, trying to hide a smile "Ev want to come with me?" I asked innocently, turning to her.

"Ooooh!" Jay called teasingly. "That's code for let's get out of her and make out behind the trailer."

"Nah, that's code for let's get out of here so Tom doesn't hit on my girlfriend." Max laughed.

Oh God," Ev blushed a bit and pressed my face into my shoulder.

"Nope, that's code for let me get away from these nutters I have to spend all my time with." Siva laughed, throatily.

"Exactly right, Seev." I nodded "Cut it out, yeah?" I added to the boys, glancing at Ev, worried she was actually offended. 

"It's fine, Nath." She whispered. Since she had told me everything a few weeks ago, I have been a little protective of her I'll admit. She was just so vulnerable and small. 

"Come on, then." I began leading her away to the trailer parked across the street. We approached it but instead of trying to unlock it, I had another idea;  pulling Ev behind it so we were out of sight from the car.

"What's going on?" She laughed nervously. Instead of replying I put my hands on her waist. Our eyes were centimetres apart.

"Oh, hang on!" she said, pulling back ever so slightly "You didn't just take me here so we could make out behind the trailer, did you?" I grinned guilty, feeling myself blushing. 

"Well, not originally. But Jay gave me the idea." I muttered distractedly, pushing her hair out of her face, pulling her up against me to kiss her. She responded eagerly which was a change from her usual hesitance and uncertainty. My hands slid to her lower back. 

"Wow, they're fairly going at it!"

"I get why Nathan's so into to it, he's so hung up on her, but usually Ev's not keen on the whole PDA thing!"

"Do you think they're going to stop soon?"

I could tell Ev was about to pull back, but I made no effort too, enjoying it a bit too much. 

"Do you think they're using tongue?" Ceallach's voice came from right next to us. We immediately jumped apart and I pulled Ev away from Cel slightly, but there was no need, Sasha was already on it.

"You pervert Ceallach!" Sasha yelled, grabbing him by the top of his hoodie.

"Sorry, Ev." Ceallach looked embarrassed, as he lowered his iphone. "I'll delete it, I was just curious." His face was bright red.

"Nath, you alive?" I was jolted out of my trance by Ev waving a hand in front of my face. I smiled back at the 20 year old Evanna that stood confidently in front of me now. She'd gained a little weight as she lost some of her self consciousness - which I'll be honest I preferred - she was much cuddlier this way and it made her look less fragile. She was no longer hesitant and nervous around me, she even had enough confidence to make the first move and kiss me, or put her arms around me in public. And not only that, but she was no longer held back by her past, but in control of it: to the point she had actually made the decision to go back to Scotland. And we were all going with her. 

I followed her inside the car, looking away like the gentleman I am when she bent over slightly to get in. It didn't help that with the little bit of weight she had gained, she actually had a figure now ... enough to fill out a pair of drainpipes well. I slapped myself and glanced over to see her now seated in the back row. I passed Max on my way to join her who winked at me, evidently having seen my mental struggle. I laughed before swinging down next to Ev who was looking out the window. 

Evanna's POV 

I looked out the window to stop myself from smiling, having noticed what Nathan had just done and the pink flushing his neck. 

We stopped off at Briony's so I jumped out to get her pressing the buzzer for her University flat. I heard a rapid panting from the other end and waited curiously until she burst out of the door carrying 2 bulging suitcases. Eyeing her suspiciously I opened my mouth to ask what she thought she was going to need on our couple of days away but she held up her hand looking darkly at me. 

"Don't even ask . " She said irritably, making me laugh. 

"Well alright, here give me this - " I reached for the smaller of her bags. 

I saw Nathan begin to get up to help me with the bags, but Jay beat him to it, pushing him back and hopping out himself. 

"Hey Briony!" He called cheerily giving her a dorky, shy wave and taking her other bag. 

"Oh umm hello there Jay!" She giggled, blushing from his unexpected appearance in front of her. They shared an intense moment of eye contact. I hovered awkwardly next to her, feeling like I'd just walked in on them getting it on. 

"If you're taking bags Jay, be a doll and take this one too?" I suggested, dropping her bag into his arms. He nodded, wobbling under the weight of them both. I returned to my seat next to Nathan, who took my hand and mumbled in my ear. 

"Maybe it's not just us who people should be worrying about finding eating face behind the car." I laughed and squeezed  his hand. 

On our way to the train station we drove to the outskirts of the city up a suburban street. It had relatively large detached houses, 2 storeys high, set back from the road with their own separate little strip of garden. Nudging Nathan I pointed to one of them with a big FOR SALE sign plastered to the gate. He face formed a little grin. 

We hadn't told anyone yet but about 2 weeks ago we'd been walking taking a walk through this area on our way to the gardens near Alexandra Palace when we'd noticed it. On a whim and still reeling from the happy situation we now in, we compulsively went to have a look around. After all we'd be needing somewhere to live. It was nothing special, I won't lie, it was your average suburban house. But I just knew we had to have it. And the fact we hadn't told anyone yet made it sort of our little secret which I kind of liked. 

We didn't have to wait long for our train and boarded with relative ease, once Briony had managed to part ways with her beloved bags. It felt weird to be going North instead of South for once. But that's what we were doing - I was going back to Scotland. I hadn't been sleeping much recently having too much, understandably, on my mind and returning home had been the most recurring thought dominated my hideously early hours of contemplation. Before I moved onto the next stage of life with Nathan, I wanted to confront what I'd left behind. 

I hadn't expected everyone to come. I hadn't realised how much learning about my past would be to Nathan. Briony also wanted to come, I'd been getting much closer to her recently and I think she feels always a bit second place to Charlie. As for the others - they were coming and that meant the world to me, I didn't care if their motives were the allure of drink and a bit of a lads on tour - they were there. 

We got out of the station in Inverness and had to take a bus into the village. Sitting next to Nathan, I saw the familiar countryside and enjoyed seeing the Gaelic translations on the road signs. He watched my face carefully with a slight smile, playing with my fingers fondly. 

As soon as we got off the bus, I felt the swarm of butterflies erupt in my stomach. The village hadn't changed at all. Leading the way to the solitary hotel at the back of the town, I saw the little church. Not that I ever went, but I remembered Mrs McDonald would buy us Sunday clothes and try and round us up to meet her congregation but to no avail. I felt a little guilty now. Maybe for kids like us, church would have been best. 

"These bloody mother fudging bags are going to be the death of me." Briony cried, physically dragging them along. I noticed how her Bath dialect, all of their different english accents, stuck out predominantly admist a bunch of strong highlanders. I wondered if my accent was different, it probably was - all messed up from years of living everywhere. 

"Aye ye canny go roond talkin' like that in scotland, eh noo!" Max barked in the crudest attempt at a highland accent, my ears were offended. I rolled my eyes while Siva patted my shoulder letting me know he also had his accent routinely taken the piss out of. I didn't mind tho, Max was enjoying himself.  I felt Nathan slide his arm around me, I don't know how he managed to considering he was already holding both our bags. I remembered in an old flip from years ago Nathan had said he liked seeing Scottish girls because they almost made him smile. I wondered if he remembered this and blushed a bit when he noticed me staring. 

Eventually we arrived at the little hotel on the outskirts of the village. I had been gone so long, I trusted no one would recognise me, but the town was quite small, and even if you didn't speak to all the residents, you knew of them. So I instantly recognised Thomas Logan who still ran the hotel, sitting absently behind the reception. It was always busy what with people passing through and back packers so we'd be conspicuous enough. 

Collecting the keys, we assembled in the first floor corridor. Three rooms between the seven of us. How to divide ourselves up. 

"I don't want to be a hassle for you two, I'll just kip with the boys." Briony blurted out, trying to look off hand but her blushing cheeks and the way she edged towards Jay gave the game away a bit. I raised my eyebrows at her, remembering Charlie's instruction before I left and wondering whether I should bunk with her. But I could see Nath straining to catch my attention from the corner of my eye. It was clear he didn't want that. 

"Fine go for it." I sighed chucking the keys at her. Briony grinned at me before turning away to unlock the door. But before Jay could follow her and Siva inside I winked at him making him flush. Max and Tom disappeared inside their room too. 

"What's the plan then babe?" Nathan asked, trying to sound as casual as he could, undoubtedly for my benefit. I just smiled at him, bringing my hand up to his face to touch his hair and missing the sweeping fringe he used to wear all the time. I took his hand and gave him a grin to let him know I was coping. 

"Tomorrow." 

-----------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your patience with these chapters! I know I'm taking ages:( Next chapter will be up next week! Also thanks to those of you who went to check out my other fanfic - hope you enjoyed! 

Also, please go check out PoshGeek's Nathan fanfic and the sequel! I just read them and they're perfect, so please, please give them a read! She has skills and deserves much more attention. 

This chapter's dedication goes to  goosegagingforlawson because she's so kind and we have good chats:P 

Hope everyone's handling everything alright (you know what I mean:P) and I appreciate everything you do for me! xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.5K 813 41
Sequel to Two Shoes. It has been two years since Lexi left Nathan and promised to come back when she was ready. Nathan was left heartbroken and lonel...
11.7K 275 26
They say you can find your true love down the aisles of a grocery store. What happens when Diana meets Nathan Sykes there?
104K 1.9K 48
Lexi is a fan of The Wanted but she never imagined that the kind stranger she met at the bus stop 2 years ago could have ever been Nathan Sykes. Howe...
7.8K 194 16
*COMPLETED* *Correcting Mistakes* Max has known he was gay since he was a child, but he's never told a living soul. Unfortunately (or in his case, f...