𝐍𝐎 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐋 ━━ 𝘥𝘳𝘦...

By fynnaroo

❚ powerless ❚ ❝ practice lines with me? ❞ ❝ are we actually going to practice ... More

𝐍𝐎 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐋 ━━ 𝘴𝘺𝘯𝘰𝘱𝘴𝘪𝘴
𝐢. character moodboards
𝐢𝐢. act one, playlist
𝐢𝐢𝐢. chapter one
𝐢𝐯. chapter two
𝐯. chapter three
𝐯𝐢. chapter four
𝐯𝐢𝐢. chapter five
𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. chapter six
𝐢𝐱. chapter seven
𝐱. chapter eight
𝐱𝐢. chapter nine
𝐱𝐢𝐢. chapter ten
𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. chapter eleven
𝐱𝐢𝐯. chapter twelve
𝐱𝐯. chapter thirteen
𝐱𝐯𝐢. chapter fourteen
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. chapter fifteen
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. chapter sixteen
𝐱𝐢𝐱. chapter seventeen
𝐱𝐱. chapter eighteen
𝐱𝐱𝐢. chapter ninteen
𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. chapter twenty
𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. chapter twenty one
𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. chapter twenty two
𝐱𝐱𝐯. chapter twenty three
𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. chapter twenty four
𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. chapter twenty five
𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. chapter twenty six
𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. chapter twenty seven
𝐱𝐱𝐱. chapter twenty eight
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢. chapter twenty nine
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. chapter thirty
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. chapter thirty one
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯. chapter thirty two
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯i. chapter thirty three
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯ii. chapter thirty four
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯iii. chapter thirty five
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. chapter thirty six
𝐱𝐥. chapter thirty seven
𝐱𝐥𝐢. chapter thirty eight

𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. act two, playlist

3.7K 110 224
By fynnaroo

the secret's safe with me

✍︎︎

"are you happy now?" elle retorts, her voice angry as she reaches over and snaps the laptop shut— barely missing madelyn's fingers.

"dj, what is that?" the blonde actress backs away from the countertop. she couldn't believe what she saw. "is it true?"

"what do you think it is?" the writer's voice straining as she swallows the hurting, crying ache forming in her throat.

"but these are just ideas," maddie steps towards his sister on set, holding the poor girl's face in comfort. "right?"

elle sighs, closing her eyes as she tries to reign back the tears. it doesn't work, so she opens them again. her amber eyes red once again.

mads' face softens at the sight, her chocolate pudding eyes dipping in concern.

"yes," derrielle fakes a small smile. which her best friend doesn't believe in the slightest. so she places her hands on madelyn's wrists and pushes her away to explain further. "except for that one."

"what does jonas think?"

elle scoffs, walking back and forth on the kitchenette tile as she rants to maddie. "apparently, the producers and jp think it's a good idea even though it's completely against rafe's unstable character. he doesn't need a love interest, he needs therapy!"

"dj, i know. we all know that."

"and the best part is," elle stops her pacing, smacking her hand on the counter in fury. "that they didn't even fucking consider to ask me what i think!" she points to herself, tears slowly falling down her face.

"they said "oh, that's seems like a good idea, that's do it full throttle!" she mocks them, before returning to her regular voice. "they've already been looking for an actress behind my back! can you believe that shit?!"

"elle, don't freak out. it hasn't even been renewed yet."

"how can i not freak out?!" derry yells, a bit taken back about how emotionally vulnerable herself became. "the script alone made you and chase fall head over heels for each other, what if she"— she relaxes herself, lowering her tone, maddie isn't at fault. "what if they fall in love?"

"they won't," madelyn shakes her head. "he won't do that to you."

"how do you know that?"

"because he loves you!" maddie yells back, growing a bit annoyed at the constant reassurance. she didn't mean to be, she's just so worried about her friend. "listen, he's happiest when he's with you, all he thinks about is you. isn't that enough?"

"i know," elle bites her trembling lip. her broken mind going to the worse possible outcome of all this. it's been her default to think the worse, that way she wouldn't get hurt. "i know it should be. a-and i love him too, i really do. i just have a really hard time trusting people ever since—

—"he's not cody."

a creak on the floorboard startles the two girls.

"what's going on?" drew appears out of the darkness of the small hallway that led to the fire escape, which was another way to the rooftop. he looks at maddie, then back to his girl. "elle? what's wrong?"

elle brushes away her tears, dropping her chin as she tries not to look at her lover. she knows she'll crack at the sight of him.

"forgive me," she swallows, squeezing the countertop's corner. "i- uh, i can't tell you."

"maddie seems to know," drew steps closer. his boots hitting the tile ground as he makes his way over. "why can't i?"

"i'm not supposed to be in the know," maddie shrugs, her voice wavering in uncertainty.

"and she already promised me she wouldn't tell anyone." elle lies, knowing well off that the actress did nothing of the sort. she looks up, flickering from drew and over to a surprised maddie.

"i'll leave you two alone," mads clenches her jaw, sending nonverbal communication to the distraught woman at the counter. "the guys must be wondering what's taking so long. i'll cover."

elle nods, knowing what she must do. "thank you, mads."

"your secret's safe with me," maddie purses her lips, grabbing her jacket off the barstool and exiting the room.

leaving the couple who needed to discuss some things.

"tell me what's bothering you, rielle," drew strides over to his girl, pushing away some messy flyways that was released due to stress. his fingers lie under her chin, picking up her head so that they could finally make eye contact. "whatever it is, i can make it go away."

"you always have been my knight in shining armor," her lips slip a dry laugh as more tears release from her amber eyes. which compels him to wipe them away with the spiral pad of his thumbs.

"but my darling, you can't make it go away. we have no control over any of it," elle shakes her head, taking his hands off her skin and softly kissing the inner palms. "and that's what terrifies me the most."

"baby, tell me," drew's eyes searches hers, his voice dropping to a whisper. "everything will be alright, i promise."

subtly, elle nods over to her shut laptop laying peacefully in the middle of granite. he instantly gets the message, reading her like a open book, following her gaze and opens up the computer. "jp sent me some ideas for season two. some are just that, ideas. others, are set in stone."

"please don't tell me this one's true," his brows contorting as the blue light shines that cursed twelve words. "it goes against everything—"

—"he went behind the producers' back and sent it to me anyway because he felt guilty for going through with it in the first place," elle tells him the truth from the insightful phone conversation she had earlier in the bathroom. "they didn't want me to know. more importantly, they didn't want you to know."

silence engulfs the room and swallows them whole.

"i'm sorry."

"for what?" drew finally looks away from the screen, his voice soft as he watches his strong girl crumble before him. "hey, hey," he quickly hugs the girl in his strong arms. "it's okay. you're okay."

"i'm sorry for being dramatic," elle cries, smushing her face into his chest as she wraps her arms around his torso. "i think that everyone's theatrics are influencing me a little too much."

"no, that's not true," he dismisses her instantly, holding her in a warm hug. "derrielle, you have every right to be mad. you were blindsided, for fuck-sake. this your character, your work that we took precautions in protecting and they didn't even bother to ask what you thought. how could jp do this to us? to you?"

"don't blame jp." she swallows down a cry, grasping drew's t-shirt.

"fuck that," he scoffs, slightly pulling away to look down at the writer. "he's the creator of the show! derry, he has every amount of blame then the next person!"

"drew," she raises her hand, softly laying it on the apples of his cheekbones. "we both know there's no point in arguing. it's happening, it's been happening. and if you fall in love"—

"no."

elle continues, "with her, i"—

but he is quick to interrupt her again. "and i'm telling you, no." his voice never faltering. "i love you. nothing will change that."

she smiles, grateful for his love but knows that the uncertainty of the future is still troubling. "i just want you to be happy."

"i'm happy with you," he grabs her hand, kissing the soft skin of the palm. "my little star." he pulls her closer, never letting go of her hand and presses his lips on the crown of her head. "come on, we got dinner waiting for us."

✍︎︎

after dinner, no one wanted to go back inside to the chaotic mess called real life. up on the rooftop, the friends were free. free from sickness, free from the responsibilities of keeping their image intact, free from the restraining orders of the world.

madelyn covered for the couple, telling the boys a half-truth.
something along the lines of an argument, which wasn't exactly a lie. they didn't bother to pry what the argument was about because the couple on the rooftop looked good and sound.

whatever troubles occur,
they always find their way past it.

it was actually rudy's idea to put some of derrielle's playlist on and leave the two alone for a dance... as soon as drew stopped being such a coward and asked her.

"go ask her, you idiot!" he whisper-yells at the tall man as he raises the volume of the music. austin and chase push him from where the actor is standing and towards the writer.

"ahem," he clears his throat, shifting in his stance as his hands start to sweat. god, she makes him as nervous as a school boy. "do you want to dance with me?"

elle eyes him up and down, a mischievous grin plastering on her face as the alcohol in her stomach sends hot flurries along her skin. nipping her bottom lip and scrunching her nose, she settles down her shirley and gladly grabs onto his hand. "i might take that chance."

the familiar and nostalgic beat of the crystals' most famous song begins to bounce off the furniture and swarms the pair, leaving them in a romantic turmoil.

act two playlist
   nulla. then he kissed me , the crystals
   i. what a feeling , one direction
   ii. cloud 9 , beach bunny
   iii. jolene , dolly parton
   iv. little lies , fleetwood mac
   v. don't go breaking my heart , elton john
   vi. love story (t's version), taylor swift
   vii. selfish , pnb rock
   viii. uptown girl , billy joel
   ix. perfect , one direction
   x.     dancing with our hands tied , taylor swift
   xi.                pillowtalk , zayn
   xii.      rolling in the deep , adele
   xiii. happier than ever , billie eilish
   xiv. deja vu , olivia rodrigo
   xv.                all too well (10 minute version) , taylor swift
   xvi.      liability , lorde
   xvii.      open arms , journey
   xviii. wildest dreams (t's version) , taylor swift
   xix. ruin my life , zara larsson
   xx .        till forver falls apart , ashe & finneas

✍︎︎

drew pulled her close. his decorated hands on her waist, while the other held hers. sure, she wasn't dressed in a wedding dress like he always imagined her in, but she is still beautiful as ever.

"did i ever tell you look radiant tonight?" his diamond-blue eyes shining bright under the stars.

"radiant?" she giggles, brows furrowing as she backs away and points at him. "now that's a big word, even for you."

"come here," drew pulls her by the arm, spinning her into his chest. "my thesaurus," his hand pushes back a delicate curl behind her ear before he lays it flat against the curve of her jaw. "teach me your ways."

"with pleasure," derrielle leans upwards, standing on her tippy toes as she wraps her arms around his neck. instantly, they pull the each other into a passionate kiss.

✍︎︎

fez speaking!!

here's snippet (who am i kidding! it's 1.9k words)
of the future heartbreak. LOL! </3
they're so cute that i hate myself
for i what i have planned.
😭😫🥺🥰😈🤫🥲🤐😣😔

don't be mad at me. you all knew what was
going to happen. it's in the synopsis.

yes, that is a real spotify playlist.
you're welcome.

in other news... TY FOR 71K READS HOLY CRAP.
I LOVE YOU ALL EVEN THO YOU HATE ME. <333

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

329K 6K 43
▍CORNELIA STREET ━━━ ❝ i hope i never lose you, hope it never ends ❞ - HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 drewstarkey #1 corneliastreet #1 reallife #1 madelyncl...
17.5K 236 25
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘢𝘮 𝘐 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘢? 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘕𝘰𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘮�...
63.2K 394 18
the title says it all... enjoy 😈
1.4M 25.2K 49
"𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐫𝐬, 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐭." book one COMPLETED first drew starkey book written <3 #1...