Outliers [L.S]

By louisrrry

"Louis, let me be open with you," he mutters softly. My brain was pounding with warnings. I knew deep down t... More

Prologue*
1*
2*
3*
4*
5*
6*
7
8*
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18*
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
35
36
37
38
39
40

34

145 5 5
By louisrrry

Louis pov:

I sprinted down the long corridor. My nose was raw from my rough breathing, adding to the pain I felt. My back ached, my arms ached. But most definitely my legs ached. I have never had to run so much in my life. My leg muscles were in knots but I pushed through it.

I crashed into a wall, from not being able to slow down my run in time. I quickly recollected myself by using my arms to push myself back into a sprint. Harry's footsteps pounded behind me, matching my racing heart beat. Our attackers remained silent but I knew he was still there from his killing glare on my back. It made my neck hair stand on end.

I whirled around a corner, the brick walls opening into glass ones. I ripped the night vision goggles off once I was out of the smoke. I turned back, searching for our attacker. He was easily flying past the obstacles Harry threw his way. Jumping over the chairs, shelves. Anything in the hallway that Harry threw at him.

I threw the goggles, sailing it straight for the attacker. He twisted out of the way easily, before he continued after us. My throat tightened with even more fear as I turned back, racing towards the nearing dead end. How does it seem to be impossible to beat these guys? They were mortal just like me yet, they were faster than me. Stronger too. I needed to figure their ways before it caused me and Harry's entire system to collapse.

I knew it was my fault we were heading straight for a dead end. I lead Harry and our attacker this way. I should have thought about where I was going instead of just running. I raced through countless thoughts for an exit point. I needed a way through this. I refused to die today. I refused to let Harry die.

I jumped to the right, ripping open a door. I had totally forgotten it was here, but when I saw it out of the corner of my eye I felt relief. The door slammed against the wall and I rushed Harry inside before slamming the door shut and locking it.

Behind me Harry frantically paced the room. He was muttering words I could not understand. The sentences slurring into one big word. I stuck a chair under the door handle before I turned around to him. I grabbed him forcefully by the shoulders, forcing his mind back into the world. He stopped his nonsense mumbling as he looked down at me.

"It all happened so fast," he says with such softness I was worried for his current mental state. I knew he was worried about what his surviving gang members thought of him. They had once been unstoppable. Not one person got through Harry and his mind. Harry always knew a person's motives before they knew their own and yet now he has caused them two downfalls within a week. His leadership will be questioned by all of them and I am even worried for him. His head was seconds from being on a spike.

"I know but right now we have a guy outside the door trying to kill us. We can't deadpan over what just happened," I insisted. I dropped my hands from his shoulders, taking a step back. I wanted him to think of other things so he could help me come up with an escape plan. His mind was better than mine.

Harry's eyes dropped down to my lips. I shook my head, turning from him. "Stop it," I grumbled. I walked towards the door, trying to see through the door crack. I felt as Harry's presence appeared behind me. I could hear him breathing, making me know he was close. I wished he wouldn't do this to me, especially right now.

I knew that he wasn't intentionally trying to make my heart pound in my chest but he still did it. I hated how he had an effect on me and my emotions. I should hate him for the things he has done to me but I found myself not caring and I wanted to know why, but I couldn't. If I thought too much about it, it gave the chances of my feelings growing for him. If I pushed him away long enough my small crush could disappear and I could finally be his friend who didn't want to pin against the wall and kiss him senseless.

"Stop what," he asked gently. I ignored him. I did not want to think about earlier this morning nor talk about it. I was upset with myself for letting myself into my own feelings as it is, I wouldn't just continue.

I knew Harry didn't care for me the same as I cared for him. Instead, he was attracted to me. I could tell by the way his eyes always scanned over me so slowly. The way his eyes would dilate as he stared at my lips. I felt disgusted with myself for wanting a man in a much deeper way than they wanted me so I wouldn't act further into my feelings anymore. I should have stuck to my words the first time. I couldn't let myself have another slip up.

Harry grabs my shoulder, spinning me around to face him. His eyes looked the same as they did every time he was thinking about kissing me. Although, it has only been a few times I've recognized it. I could be wrong and he could be thinking the complete opposite. He could be as scared of me. Despite that, our fears were two entirely different things. He feared the man outside the door while I feared my feelings for him. I felt like a teenage boy.

"What if we die," he asks abruptly. I felt taken back by the strong question. I raised an eyebrow, leaning from him slightly.

"Harry, don't be ridiculous," I ordered. A loud bang sounds outside the room. Reminding me of several minutes ago.

The ground shook wildly. I had to grab onto Harry to keep from falling over. I wished that the goggles weren't blocking his eyes for I could see if he was worried too or if I was just being crazy.

"What is that," he asks, dragging me deeper into our corner. Another rumble ripples through the floor. A large crack in the tile flooring snakes its way out from the middle of the room, stopping only a few feet from us. I could see smoke brewing from the huge crack. I felt confused. The room didn't smell any different so I knew it wasn't a fire.

"I'm not sure but," I trail off. The guys with jackets were sprinting from the room leaving their victims walking aimlessly. They had to be escaping whatever trap they set for us.

The ground shakes again. The meeting table vibrated with it. The crack in the tile grew more, snaking out to the edges of the room. I jumped out of the way as more smoke blew out, causing Harry to almost fall. I steadied him by grabbing his upper arm.

A loud thud is heard from my right. I turn to the sound. A person lays without moving but I could tell they weren't dead from their chest rising and falling. Only seconds later another person collapses until it was like a domino effect.

"We got to go," I shouted. I push Harry towards the door before turning to look for Niall. He was already running towards me. I toss my rifle to him, telling him to follow Harry and I'll find them soon.

I searched the room for Zayn and Liam. I knew both of them didn't care for me much but I knew Harry cared about them and that was enough for me. I'm sure Harry's mind was too busy with a bunch of other things to think about his priorities as of right now.

I brought the collar of my shirt over my nose and mouth. The smoke from the ground was only growing thicker by the seconds. It was so oddly quick. And how did they get the smoke beneath the tiles? How did they get the floor to crack so easily? The whole room was shaking as if it was an earthquake. Their strange ways worried me for what else they had in store.

I stumbled over a person. I stepped around them, continuing into the room. I spotted Liam and Zayn already running. Already escaping.

"Hey," I shouted at them. They did not stop to look at me. I wondered if they even heard me. I took into a sprint after them.

My head began to feel heavy but I pushed it away, pretending that whatever smoke was being blown into the room wasn't affecting me. My father has always told me my body didn't have a limit and I forced myself to believe it. I focused on his voice in my head as I sprinted towards Liam and Zayn.

I slam into a person's chest. Stunned, I stumbled backwards. Their smile was wolf-like as they waved a bat in their hands. It swung down on me, and I barely ducked out of the way. The smoke was taking a bigger toll on me than I thought.

I rushed past them. Zayn and Liam were nowhere to be found. I hoped that they had just escaped and weren't being killed.

I burst from the meeting room. The hallway was way brighter, but I could still see the blackening smoke so I found keeping the goggles on was a good idea.

I barely ran past a corner when I spotted Harry. He was casually leaning against the wall, his goggles gone. I wondered how he could see. Although, that thought soon vanished when he turned to me, his eyes quickly widening. It made me way more aware of the dark presence lurking behind me. I peered over my shoulder. The guy I ran into was still chasing after me but I could see when he registered Harry leaning against the wall as his sprint turned into an even faster one.

"Fucking run," I shout, shoving Harry from the wall.

Another bang. I turned to Harry with worry. He grabbed a spare chair, holding it like a weapon. I searched for my own weapon but there was nothing but the two chairs and a desk in the room. I bite my lip, shoving the desk against the wall. I pried open the drawers, picking through them but it was all papers. All useless papers. I groaned with frustration, throwing the papers in the air. Harry watched me with concern.

"I could break," he starts, but I interrupt him.

"No," I bark. "Don't break the fucking chair." I swat loose paper from my face. A crack forms in the door, a metal bat poking through the wood shards. Harry swung the chair down against the desk, breaking it into multiple parts. Despite how I told him not to. I cursed at him, rushing to him. Together we broke two sharp two ends off.

I watched as Harry started filing the wood against the white brick wall. I glanced at my wood piece in my hands. The end was pointed. I thought it was sharp enough. The loose wood ends might come in handy anyway.

Another crack forms in the door, causing me to glance up. I watched as a hand reached through the hole, knocking the chair from its place under the door handle. I braced the wood piece against my shoulder staying perfectly still. Waiting for him to reach the door knob and bust inside.

It happened in a matter of milliseconds. He was charging into the room, swinging his bat down at Harry. Harry just barely matched him, blocking his blow with his wood chunk. The attacker pressed harder, but Harry matched his strength. I felt useless just watching what was going down but I wasn't sure if Harry had something in mind. His mind was difficult to understand and I didn't want to interfere.

The attacker kicks out his leg, knocking Harry down to where he slams into the desk behind him. Harry had a greater disadvantage now. Only being able to use his upper body strength to hold his block. While before he was able to use his whole body.

I decided now was when I could interfere. I jumped onto the attacker's back, wrapping my arms around his neck so he was held in a chokehold. I pressed the wood piece to his throat to replace my arms, and leaned backwards.

He immediately started choking on lack of breath. I pulled harder, hoping to break his windpipe, but that's when Harry rips me off, tossing me to the ground like a dirty shirt. I felt sick to my stomach.

"Don't kill him," Harry growls, then turns and knocks the guy in the head. He collapses head first into the desk.

"Why the fuck not," I shout, standing to my feet. I chuck the piece of wood at Harry. It slaps against his chest and tumbles to the ground. I stare at it with irritation, wishing it could have just stabbed him and killed him.

"Because, we can interrogate him. We can find out what's the deal with the lot of them," Harry shouts back, flinging his arms around.

"That isn't going to work. Don't you see that they are different from what we are used to? They probably have proper training with that stuff. Way different from the training I've been through or what you're used to," I barked. Harry ignores me, picking the guy up and slumping him in a chair. He rips fabric from his ridiculous button down, tying the guy there.

"Oh, you're ignoring me now? Is it because I'm right," I spat. Harry turns on me, a harsh glare flaring from his eyes. I held my ground, shoving my chin into the air.

He walked slowly to me. His boots slapping against the floor. I don't let myself falter under his harsh gaze like it might have before. I was no longer scared of him.

He shoves me against the wall, a hand to my throat. My heart pumps heavily in my chest, as fear surges through me despite how I didn't want it to. His upper lip pulls back as he seethes at me. "You're not right, Louis."

Then his lips are smashed against mine. His hand drops from my throat and instead shoves against my chest. His tongue enters my mouth within seconds, his taste overwhelming my senses. I'm lost in him. In a backhanded way he was using my small feelings for him against me. Sure, he didn't know that but he still was. I completely forgot about my surroundings when he kissed me, making me shut up and forget about how he was rude to me.

A storm builds in my lower belly. Lightning striking out to my nerves. I could feel the blood rushing to my face as my hands desperately grabbed for him. Feeling his jaw, his back muscles. My hands were craving to feel all of him.

He lifted me from the ground, my legs locking behind him. On their own they pulled him to me. From the lack of fabric where he tore his shirt I could feel his hot skin pressed to my crouch. Breaking a whole other feeling from me. Crackling thunder tore through me as my hips moved against him on their own. Begging for fiction I didn't know I would ever want.

A groan rippled from my throat. My palm pressed into the side of his neck, the tips of my fingers feeling the hairs on his neck. Without my control they tugged on them. I could feel as Harry's chest paused, his breath hitching. I knew he liked the slight pain I caused him, only making me want to do it more. I wanted to please him.

Harry stops my hips, shoving me firmly against the wall. In the process my shirt moved slightly, letting his bare fingers touch my burning skin. The storm raged inside me. Begging to be let out.

Without thought I shoved his hand to my crouch. I wasn't sure what caused me to do it but the storm in me thanked me as the rain poured faster. The lightning cracked, causing loud thunder to rip through my nerves. My heart raced in pace with the drops of pouring rain as my hips grind into his palm. I felt as his muscles in his upper arms tightened, his own lips moving faster against mine.

Eventually the storm becomes overwhelming wild, begging to break from its tiny enclosed area. My kisses become more sloppy, being replaced by tiny moans. The small logical part in my brain knew that what was happening was happening too fast. I'd regret my actions later but the storm in my belly begged otherwise.

I tore the rest of Harry's shirt from him. My hands welcomed the new hot skin it could feel. His back was a slippery slide for my hands due to his sweat but I couldn't care. They gripped onto his back anyway.

I gripped onto his hair, as another moan escaped me. Our kiss breaks as he looks down at me. His green eyes are almost black from the amount of dilation. His lips were red from being kissed. I could feel as his fingers danced over my crouch, undoing my zipper. Then my button. My eyes squeezed shut as his hand made contact with me with only a thin cloth stopping his hand from touching me fully. My hands tugged on his hair, breaking a groan from him.

His forehead landed on my chest. His hair tickles my neck. His palm rubbed over me through my boxers. I hadn't known it was possible to break this much pleasure from me from only him touching me through my boxers. I welcomed it non the less.

I no longer had to use my hips for pleasure. He was doing it all for me even though it still broke a sweat from me. I could feel my hair sticking to my forehead. My moans become more desperate. The storm in my lower belly growing into something more dangerous.

His lips lock around my left nipple, pushing me and my storm over the edge. The wild winds and thunder spill from me making my vision go white, even with my eyes squeezed shut. He rubs over me until the storm is just a small drizzle. Until my chest is shaking with each breath and my vision is no longer white.

I lift his head from my chest, cradling it gently. He lets me down slowly. My legs still felt like jelly, so I felt the need to lean on the wall for support. I watch as he grabs his destroyed shirt, wiping his hands dry from the little of my seed that found its way onto him. It made me way more aware of my uncomfortable wet pants, but I ignored it, zipping myself back up. I would have to change soon anyway.

"I'll call Liam to let him get this guy. We can talk to him later," Harry says gently. I knew he was afraid of the way I would react. I knew that he was waiting for me to push him away but I found myself not wanting to. I wasn't sure if it was because I was still on cloud nine or if I've finally accepted the unavoidable. I'm sure it wasn't the first.

"Yeah sure," I answered with a nod. Harry smiles gently, pulling out his phone.

"I wasn't asking for permission," he muttered. Rage slightly flared inside me but I was quick to shove it away. It seemed every time I got mad at him it ended in us kissing, or this time; whatever this time was. A blush rushed across my face just thinking about it.

"Do you want to talk about it," I asked, my heart racing in my chest. Harry looked from his phone to me. He quickly pocketed his phone.

"About what?"

My heart raced faster.

"You said you wanted to. You know, before," I commented cautiously. Harry smirked playfully, tugging me towards him. My body reacted to him so quickly it was frightening. Already my body was lit to a flame.

"We don't have to, darling," he whispered, kissing my lips lightly. He pulled away with the same smirk. I swallowed heavily, shoving down my awakening storm.

Maybe, I could just accept the unavoidable once and for all.

______

YASSSSSS. I start work tomorrow so I'll see the new updating schedule. It will stay the same I think, but I'll possibly miss more days.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 4.8K 69
"What are you thinking about, Hazza?" "I-" "It's alright baby take your time." "I'm scared to get it wrong." "Get what wrong?" "Me." Or, Louis is...
28.5K 1.2K 35
Louis comes to the bakery every morning and he knows everyone there. They know Louis personally that his friends with everyone who works there. There...
970K 34.5K 41
"You think you can come onto my field and talk to me like you own this place?" He yells and I see a couple figures jump from his reaction, and I don'...
398 1 10
"It's okay not to know, Kev. You aren't supposed to know your future." Harry knew that Louis was only saying this to him because that was what the sc...