The Frozen Past

By Mijunaa

What? No no no no, you know you did this horrible thing, even reading some stories of this type, but you didn... More

Get your shit together
What is happening?

Welcome to your Story

654 39 13
By Mijunaa

Here we go again, a new story.

I got inspired by two others on ao3 and you can find this story there too.  (ノ'ヮ')ノ*: ・゚

The other thing is, I am still learning how to write English and so on but eh, I tried or am trying. ヽ(  ̄д ̄)ノ

________________________________

'Once upon a time, there ruled two races. The Humans and the Monsters. Both sides coexisted peacefully together, but one day the Human King declared war on the Monsters with the reason of being to dangerous. Some of the Human nations didn't agree with the King and stood at the side of the Monsters to help them. After years of fighting the King of the Humans used an unfinished spell from the magicians...'

"Ugh, why is this part so hard to write...?" you mutter under your breath.
Sitting in a coffee shop by a table alone, waiting for someone who is always late.

You are thinking about how to start your new story, if you are being honest you never did one by yourself that's why you write every idea in your scribble book and hope you won't forget something. Everything is planned... okay, not all, but most of it okay stop lying, you only got the general idea of what the world should look like and how it will function with some new and old things.

"Yo *static* sorry for being late." You look up to your best friend giving him a smirk "Arent you, always late?" saying as he sits down on the other side of the table. He puffs out his cheeks "Not always, yesterday I was on time"

"Mhm, yesterday but what of the other times you were late?" you say amused. He just rolls his eyes.

*static*

"So what do you think of this so far?" you ask your friend. "I would say it is interesting with how the world looks like but it is still lacking background did, you think about how those two will look like?" he says while having one hand on his chin for thinking.

"Nah, I'll make their backstory later I want to have at least a general idea of how they look. But I only got a few notes on S*static*, you can help me with-"

*static*

"Yeah, a good idea both can-

*static*

*static*

"Oh! and..."You hear explosions and feel pain before you go unconscious...

*static*

Waking up with a mad headache and weary eyes. You notice the hard ground and try to move but, nothing happens it's like everything is squished so you can't move. You start to feel pain, slowly increasing in your whole body, letting out a sound of hurt as it happens.

Your eyes are slowly adjusting, the first thing you see is your best friend, staring with lifeless eyes back at you, blood still coming out of his mouth. Letting out a choked sob, you see that a metal pole is going through his chest. Tears are streaming out, you feel scared and helpless.

Trying to look somewhere else without moving your head (not that you could do it) so you can avoid the gruesome sight, you notice debris everywhere and, you are stuck beneath some big chunks. Dust is falling, cracks everywhere with some holes and the splintered glass beside you. Remembering bombs going off, you faintly hear sirens far away, but for some reason, you know that you won't live through this.

You taste something metallic in your mouth, feeling the warmth beneath you and the cold in your body is creeping up. The pain is numbing and, your eyelids are slowly closing with your breath slowing.

The last thought is how sorry you are, to leave your family and the loss of your best friend before everything went black.

________________________________

Your consciousness is coming back, disoriented and confused you think. How didn't you die? Did you even die? You try to move your hand with success, but it feels weird, lighter than usual, and weren't you stuck beneath the rubble? It should've at least hurt.

On what are you laying down, it feels hard, scratchy, and ...damp? It isn't your bed and you know for a fact that this isn't a hospital bed, since you were hospitalized once for an entire week, it wasn't a pleasant feeling but not as horrible as the one you're now laying on, and you don't want to mention the food.

Moving your hand to rub your still closed eyes, you hear a click when you make contact. Flinching at the sound, you open your eyes and sit abruptly up. Feeling dizzy after sitting up to fast you wait for a bit to get it away and looks with mild panic around the room.

This doesn't look like the comfy warm room you knew and not even those boring sterile white walls from the hospital you once knew. Why are you in this weird place? The walls in the room are made out of wood, moldy wood more precisely. Most furniture in the room is broken in pieces, some parts are like the walls littered with mold, destroyed, only a lone dresser stands in the corner, with a cracked but still usable mirror on the left side. The lone window is barricaded with more moldy wooden planks and if you squint to see better, some rusty nails are sticking out. but not stopping the cold wind that goes through. 'Why is everything moldy?' you think disgusted.

You are pretty sure that with the rubble that squished you, you shouldn't be able to move right now, but you do not that your arms said something when you moved them. You look down on yourself only to see bone, white shining bone no flesh on your arms, you stare numbly for a bit and start lifting the ratted dirty shirt that you are wearing only to see that there is bone and nothing that resembles the human body with flesh or muscles.

Standing up slowly, feeling lighter than normal you note to yourself, you make your way to the cracked mirror you spotted, trying to contain the panic that's creeping up as you see the skeleton face looking back at you.

You don't know how to react to this exactly. At this moment, you are going through every emotion, be it sad, that you lost your best friend? happy, to know that those stories you read are real? angry for leaving your family? And many more that you are going through.
The new appearance you got now, looks like that one particular skeleton you like to read, a lot about in fact, hell you even tried to write one 'Au' on your own even though you only got to the part of how the world looks or those two skeletons partly.

Sans, or now your clothes look like they've been through some shit. You are wearing an oversized shirt that is dirty with splotches of dirt and has some holes. The black pants don't look good either the right leg side is half torn up to your knee, while the left side has only some holes. At least the shoes look somewhat good but sadly the left one's outsole is starting to fall off a bit. You just hope you won't trip over those flopping soles.

Looking back at S̶a̶n̶s̶ your face, you try to touch your cheeks? Bone cheeks? You don't know really. But you hear a quiet click when you touch them. It is a weird feeling to be honest.

Your Bone cheeks feel warm and smooth they are squishy like ceramic when it is malleable, but on the other side hard, well that's how you would describe it. If you look where your eyes should be, you now only see lights floating around in the darkness of your sockets. The right eyelight is a silver color, where the left is purple with a slit in the middle that has a light blue as the sky color.

For some reason, you find it familiar, but you can't put your finger on it so you brush it off for now.

So what now? You don't think that you are dreaming, the feeling of the dead coldness is still here, an involuntary shudder goes through your back, spine? When you think about that dreadful moment.

Thinking back on your reflection, you know that you look like Sans, scratch that you are Sans, you were him all the time but just now you got the memories from your past life back, did your brain decide that now is the right moment to get the memories back? Not that you got one now. It's just that with the new set of extra memories everything is jumbled up in your head. What about his brother..., your brother?

A whimpering sound caught your attention, looking around to find where the sound came, you see a bundle of clothes wiggling where you were sleeping. How didn't you notice that?

You approach the small bundle, looking inside you see a small baby bone. The first thing you think? It's just how cute he is, the second is, how did you take care of a baby skeleton?

"Hm... I hope you are not hungry" Is that your voice? "I need some time to think and sort out my thoughts?" It's a bit weird to hear a higher-pitched childish one.

You smile at the small bundled-up skeleton. One arm slips out of the protective cloth and reaches out to you slowly. Poking with your index finger at the smaller's hand, he immediately latches onto it.

Letting a small laugh out at the action, you lightly try to pull your index finger back but he is still holding it. "Oh no, the great Papyrus got me what can I do?" He lets a small giggle out.

Ah yes, Papyrus was the name of the baby skeleton.

After spending some time with Papyrus, you got your mind off the stress and calmed down.

Okay, let's think, Papyrus hasn't gotten some food in about 4 hours, so you probably need to feed him soon. To feed him, you need a bottle where you can liquify your magic in it so he can eat it, that's what skeleton baby's need for now.
Finding and taking the bottle used for feeding beside the mattress side where you won't get up, so you wouldn't trip over it.

Now the hard part, trying to get the liquified magic in the bottle. It's not that you forgot how to do it but actually doing it.

One part of you did it all the time but the other not and since the Human memories are more dominant right now, means everything with magic that was easy for you to use is harder now and you need to learn it again.

Taking a glance at Papyrus you see that he looks at the bottle and knows it's feeding time. Back to the bottle, you close your sockets, concentrating to reach your magic. Two times you tried to reach it with no success but the third time is the charm.

As you tap into your magic a feeling of calmness washes over you, floating in the slow river in one direction without any obstacle.

You try to split a small part of the river and guide it in the direction of your hand that's holding the bottle. One of your f̶i̶n̶g̶e̶r̶s̶ phalanges is on top, a part of it is inside the bottle and you guide the magic through it inside.

Continuing to fill the bottle until you feel like it's enough you stop, opening your sockets you see it filled up with liquid magic. Smiling to yourself you close it up, you lift Papyrus in one arm secured and hold the bottle near him.

Papyrus grabs the bottle and starts to eat/drink the magic enthusiastically. While he eats, you are thinking about what to do next.

You could take a peek out the window, now that you think about it it's cold inside the room. Maybe the window is broken, sadly you can't see it from the mattress you are sitting on.

You wait for the small bundle to finish and bring him then to sleep. When he sleeps you put him carefully down, and tuck him more in the cloth.

Standing up, you slowly make your way to the window and try to peek out. The first thing you do is closing your eyesockets at how bright it is, you try to blink it away until you see.
The second thing after the blindness? well, the only thing you can say is...

..."fuck my new life"...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 2.5K 51
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
292K 17.8K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
5.1M 45.1K 53
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
1.5M 3.6K 14
Kwentong iyong magugustuhan