Only Fools...

By LunaCresta

'Tell me then, does love make one a fool or do only fools fall in love?' * * * Jess has... More

Copyright
Prologue
'They're Catholic, not Shakespeare!' - Chapter One
'He gave an adorable little smirk' - Chapter Two
'He was hotter than a furnace' - Chapter Three
'Why, is he gay?' - Chapter Four
'Tell me about the boy' - Chapter Five
'You should go into speech-making or something' - Chapter Six
'Apology accepted Jessie' - Chapter Seven
'Sir, that's gross it was just a wee' - Chapter Eight
'Are you trying to seduce me?' - Chapter Nine
Chapter Nine - Part Two
'On another date with your boyfriend?' - Chapter Ten
'I AM YOUR ELDER' - Chapter Eleven
'I'm sure that's not all he could do for you with his wand' - Chapter Twelve
'Yeah Jessie, I'm sure Rachel would understand' - Chapter Thirteen
'Just call me the matchmaker' - Chapter Fourteen
'I love majorities' - Chapter Fifteen
'Even better than my stunningly good looks?' - Chapter Sixteen
'He's so nice and hot and charming' - Chapter Seventeen
'Oh my gosh it's Tyger Drew Honey!' - Chapter Eighteen
'Gem and Fanny?' - Chapter Nineteen
'Especially in a Starbucks' - Chapter Twenty
'Danny is so buff' - Chapter Twenty-one
'Grab the Ben&Jerry's and put in The Notebook' - Chapter Twenty-three
'Felicity says hi!' - Chapter Twenty-four
Only Fools... FAQs
'Any Mention of the She-Devil?' - Chapter Twenty Five
'It smells like BO and wet dreams in here' - Chapter Twenty Six
'I'm a horrible, horrible person' - Chapter Twenty Seven
'No kissing in the middle of my Maths lesson!' - Chapter Twenty Eight
'Was that your question?' - Chapter Twenty Nine
'He's my boyfriend, not yours' - Chapter Thirty
'What did you expect, you melon?' - Chapter Thirty One
'I'm not freaking Taylor Swift' - Chapter Thirty Two
'Focus on his eyes' - Chapter Thirty Three
'Who the hell do you think you are?' - Chapter Thirty Four
'Are you nervous?' - Chapter Thirty Five
'How the hell did I end up here!?' - Chapter Thirty Six
'A year and a half later' - Epilogue
Q&A with the author
NOW AVAILABLE TO READ - Revenge of the Teenage Geek
EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT + COMPETITION

'I know we're in the middle of Maths but I must have you' - Chapter Twenty-two

1.3K 68 5
By LunaCresta

Hey guys!! I actually quite like this chapter so I hope you will too! As always, remember to vote and comment - I really can't descibe how much help it is to me!!!

/ / / / / / /

I had Maths on the first day back after half term. Although we'd spoken plenty over texts and Facebook, I knew that seeing Danny in the flesh was going to be hard. Rachel had tried to reassure me but I was not convinced.

As I entered the Maths corridor my palms grew clammy and I could feel sweat emerging on the back of my neck. Ew. The last thing I wanted was to be all gross and sweaty the first time Danny saw me in so long. When I had picture this moment in my head, I looked all gorgeous and glowing with my hair sprawling down my back in loose, effortless curls. I would float in and sit down next to Danny with a simple 'oh hey Danny, how have you been'. And he would be completely stunned by my beauty and say 'Jessica, I know we said we should be friends and I know we're in the middle of Maths but I must have you' in that cheeky but highly sexy voice he had. And then we'd start a love affair for the Ages right there in front of Mr Wilding. Unrealistic maybe, but spending half a week in bed on my own had made my mind wonder.

I knew that even if Danny and I had both realised that we liked each other at the same time, it never would have worked. At the end of the day I knew that I had to put Amy first - as hard as that may be. But that didn't stop me thinking about him constantly - about what could have been. God, why did Danny have to be so lovely and funny and charming and hot!?

Well, today was no exception. I pushed open the door of my Maths classroom and there he was - sitting there in all his glory. He was wearing a blue denim-looking shirt that was just tight enough to see the definition of his biceps through it. And I couldn't quite see under the table but I just knew he would be wearing his skinny jeans that made his thighs look so good. Because God hates me and wants to see me suffer, and having Danny look as good as possible was his best way to punish me. And his hair. I could write a thousand essays on his hair and it wouldn't be enough to describe it's perfection. It was floppy but smooth and straight but somehow beautifully messy and -

'Ah, young Miss Jessica Fletcher, how lovely to see you again" Mr Wilding interrupted my obsessive thoughts with a single sentence. His words broke the silence in the room, announcing my entrance to the class and causing Danny to look up. To look up with those magnificent eyes of his - I needed some serious help.

'Sir!' I responded, attempting to seem like my normal joyful self. 'Always a pleasure. Did you have a good break?'

'I had a splendid break thank you Miss Fletcher. I trust you did too.' He removed his glasses at this point to stare at me with full intensity. 'Now, if you would please sit in your seat - you are here to do Maths after all.'

'Of course, yeah, Maths, sorry sir.' I babbled as I backed slowly towards my desk. The desk at which Danny was now smiling up at me playfully.

'Hey Jessie, you alright?' He whispered, clearly eager not to get either of us into any more trouble with our teacher.

'Yeah good thanks, didn't realise I was so late though - I was planning to start this term on a high but clearly that's impossible.' I laughed, trying to keep the conversation light despite the fact that I was aggressively fighting the urge to plant a kiss on those supple, gorgeous looking lips of him. Wow, I really did need help.

'Yeah I guess being on time isn't exactly your thing,' he joked. I hated how calm he was being while I was there practically busting a gut trying not to make a move on him. Less a week ago he admitted to being in love with me and now here he is treating me as if I was his kid brother or some goofy frat-boy 'bro'. It was so depressing.

'Daniel! Jessica! We have been back at school less than a day and already you are back to your usual ways. Stop chatting during my lesson please,' Mr Wilding interrupted our conversation, his favourite thing to do. Clearly I wasn't the only one who realised that nothing seemed to have changed between me and Danny. Despite the half-term revelation he was still treating me exactly how he did before - it was so infuriating.

'Sorry sir,' we both said at the same time, before beginning our Maths work. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Danny's stupid, adorable smirk spreading across his face.

/ / / / / / / /

We met for the Winter Fair on the third day back at school, as per Felicity's wishes of course. When I got to the meeting room I realised I was the first person there. If only Mr Wilding was here to see my timely arrival.

I had been sitting there only a few minutes when I was joined by Matthew - it was the first time I'd seen him after break and I felt slightly guilty for not going to talk to him sooner.

'Jess Fletcher? Early? Are my eyes deceiving me?'

I laughed. 'Good one. I got let out of Physics early and came straight here.'

'Well, I hope that this marks a new chapter in your approach to Sixth Form Jess.' He joked. 'It would certainly turn heads throughout the school.'

'I'm not that bad!' I nudged him playfully. 'By the way, I'm really sorry I haven't been to see you yet I've just had a lot on my plate recently with like -' I struggled to think of how to summarise my current situation with Danny. 'I've just had a lot on my plate.'

'Jess, don't worry it's fine. We all overwhelmed sometimes. We should have a meeting though at some point - can you do this Friday after prep?' He asked.

'Yeah sounds good. I think my prep finishes around 5 on Friday so I could get to the chapel at quarter to?'

'Perfect. I'll see you then.' He flashed me a look of his dazzling smile.

It was at that moment that Rachel and Jack joined us, apparently they'd been in geography together but I knew for a fact that their lesson finished over 40 minutes ago. I'm sure Rachel would spill everything to me later. Jonny came next, quickly followed by Felicity and Anya. Felicity, oh how I've missed that annoying, stuck-up, self-entitled, aggravating, little bitch.

'Hey everyone,' she chirped. 'Aren't we all so much more refreshed after the extra days rest? I just knew we'd be so much more rejuvenated three days in, than two. Thank God for me, am I right?'

'Oh my gosh Felicity.' Rachel jibed. 'What would we do without your holiness granting us with all your extraordinary wisdom guiding us through our troubled, uneasy lives?' God, I love her.

'I was only making a joke Ray Ray - no need to get so touchy all the time.'

'Ray Ray? What in Hell gives you the right to call me that, you uptight little hoebag?' Woah. I was not expecting that. Rachel droping the 'H' bomb? She must have been mad.

'At least I don't blaspheme. Hell is nothing to joke about - but I guess you'll find that out for yourself pretty soon.' Felicity paused. 'Ray Ray.'

'Well Felicity, I'm sure I'll see you there. I heard God isn't a massive fan of sluts like you who think they can use their boobs and their vaginas to get everything they want at this school.' She looked at Felicity's now stunned face.

'Now listen here Rachel,' Felicity leaned towards her with her palms flattened across the table. 'Just because you think your funny and cool now that you've got that sorry excuse for a boyfriend, that does not give you the right to get your ratty-haired ass anywhere near my business. Okay? So stay away from me you fuc-' She looked up, her whole domineer changed from one of bitchy anger, to one of gross delight. 'Danny, hi!'

'Hey Felicity! Hey guys are you alright?' Danny looked around at our stunned faces, completely unaware of what had just happened.

'I'm better now that you're here.' Felicity was positively smarming at this point. 'Take a seat.' She tapped the chair next to hair, whilst simultaneously flicking her hair flirtingly. He begrudgingly sat next to her. Well, not outwardly begrudgingly (he was way too polite for that) but I'd like to think that on the inside he was really wishing he was sitting next to me.

'Okay.' Matthew spoke after a long, uneasy pause - clearing the tension perfectly. 'We have a long list of entries that have signed up for auditions. Is everyone completely available to come to auditions tomorrow?' We all nodded in agreement. 'Good, so if we can all get here around six and then we'll start with the first band. Which is -' he looked down at the sheet in front of him 'oh Felicity, Anya, that's your band. So I guess we'll see you first - '

'You're auditioning?' It was hard to hide the sarcastic laugh in my question.

'Yes.' She smiled a sickly sweet problem. 'Do you have a problem with that, babe?'

'No problem. Babe.' I enunciated the last word with as much angry undertone as I could muster. 'I just didn't know you played music, that's all.'

'Oh we don't play instruments; we're a singing band - like One Direction.'

'Like One Direction, right.' I rolled my eyes at Rachel, she smirked. 'Well I wish you all the best with your audition; let's hope you get enough votes.'

'Votes?'

'Well we agreed didn't we? Every act has to get a majority of five votes in order to get through to performing at the winter fair. With you and Anya in the band that leaves just six of us to vote for you guys. If I were you I'd be extra nice to me and Rachel. Like I said, you're going to need all the luck you can get.'

'Jess, while I'm sure you would need bucketfuls of luck to ever pass any sort of audition - I'm sure my own natural talent will see me through.'

'I'm sure it will.'

I didn't know quite what it was yet, but Felicity was definitely planning something. Why did she suddenly want to audition to be in the Winter Fair? And how was she so sure she would be able to get Rachel and my vote? I'm not sure what she could possible want from this audition but something told me it had something to do with Danny.

/ / / / / / / /

Hmmm - so what is Felicity planning?

So we get to see a bit of Jess and Danny in this chapter, AND, a bit or Jess and Matthew - with plenty more of both still to come.

Guys, this story is just about to get a helluva lot more interesting so STAY FREAKING TUNED!!!!

Remember to PLEASE vote and comment if ya liked it, or even if you didn't to be honest ;), and I'll see you in a couple of days! :)

~LunaCresta x x x

PS I want to give a massive thanks to @MrsTheoJames_1998 and @pushingpencils - they are my 'real life' friends and are giving me such good help with my story! Thanks so much, love you guys! :*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.3K 1.3K 44
All the way throughout elementary school it was always Bella, Leo, Liz, Flynn, Nate, Elliot and Amelia. They were all long time friends.. In the sop...
1.7M 59.5K 40
He needs a scholarship. She's... well, she's just being nice. To him, she's just another nerd. To her, he's just a washed up jock. But when he finds...
2.4K 85 19
"Well then. That's the first time a girl has ever rejected my close proximity," he said, eyes ablaze with a playful fire. "You better get used to it...
5.2M 153K 32
Peyton Hills has it all. She has a perfect life, surrounded by loving and supportive parents who shockingly aren't divorced. She is surrounded by po...