New Life (Slow Updates)

By DawnOfOtter

"TONY! Is my cloak on you again!" Strange yelled from the hall. Tony did a double check on his shoulders. "NO... More

Soulmates
Tattoos
Prologue......
Chapter 1, Hectic
Chapter 2, Stress
Chapter 3, Confrontation
Chapter 4, Lost and Found
Chapter 5, Identitys
Chapter 6, Something Normal
Chapter 7, Somewhat Normal? (not)
Chapter 8, Well..... that happened
Chapter 9, Surprise
Chapter 10, Nerves
Chapter 12, Complete
Chapter 13, Help
Chapter 14, Girls Day
Chapter 15, Powers
Chapter 16, Skip
Chapter 17, Vents
Chapter 18, Vacation
Chapter 19, Beach
Chapter 20, Explanation
Chapter 21, LOKI
Chapter 22, Gone
Chapter 23, First Word(s)
Chapter 24, Inbetween

Chapter 11, Oop

3.3K 93 16
By DawnOfOtter

The twins defiantly had a good nap, they were very active and because I had to make dinner, I decided to do bubbles.

No, bubbles wasn't what I was making for dinner. Bubbles was the one thing I could do with my powers without it malfunctioning. I had been using them more often after the twins arrived and mom died.

She hadn't liked me doing them before. Basically I would make a small energy ball in my hand, then enlarge it to fit whatever item it would hold. I knw for a fact that sharp items wouldn't penetrate it but I wasn't sure about anything else.

They didn't have to be attached to anything and could only be moved by me. This was really the first time I had ever put the twins in one when they were awake.

When I had just been living alone with them I would devote as much time as possible to them. Which meant my well being went second always.

But the only people who cooked in this house weren't really here. Wanda was god knows where, Clint was sleeping, and Stephen was most likely busy.

Basically if someone didn't cook something for dinner then they were just going to buy takeout. Which I didn't tend to like.

The girls were happily babbling in their bubbles as I put the recipe together.

Pizza Rice (large)
12 cups of water
3 jars of pizza sauce
4 1/4 cups of rice

Cook in crockpot low for 5hrs
or high for 3hrs

(This is a real recipe)

After I put that in I grabbed some mozzarella and pepperoni from the fridge. I shredded some mozzarella and cut the pepperoni in half.

With that done I moved to making some dessert. I had never made any sort of dessert for them so I was nervous as to how they would react at dinner.

I pulled out the supplies to make sugar cookies with buttercream frosting. Yeah, I knew I wasn't going to be able to eat it but it was easier to decorate with it.

"Hey JARVIS, could you turn on some Christmas music?" I had remembered that it was December and no one had turned on Christmas music yet.

"Of course Miss."

I smiled as music filled the room. I put the cookies in the oven. When I glanced over at the twins I did a double take. Their bubbles had combined and turned into a rectangle, both of them laying side by side.

I hadn't done this. Maybe I did it unconsciously? It weirded me out but it wasn't like they were hurt or anything.

After the cookies were in the oven for 30 minutes I took them out. As they cooled I made the buttercream. I danced along to the music, oblivious to my surroundings.

I almost dumped some of the powdered sugar on myself but barely caught it in time. The frosting came together quickly and once it was done I turned to bring it over to where the cookies were. I froze as I saw Tony and Stephen standing in the doorway.

"Hi?" I said, continuing to get everything set up to decorate the cookies. They both came into the kitchen. "I was watching you dance and Stephen was trying to figure out why the girls were in a purple energy square floating in the kitchen." Tony said reaching his hand over my shoulder to the frosting bowl.

I quickly smacked it away, "Leave it." I said in a sharp voice. "As for Stephen, it's the only thing I can do without it going out of control. Mom said I made it up when I was one." I smiled softly at the reminder of mom. "She always hated me doing it. And I understand why. It could've gotten out of control like what happened in the gym. But it never has."

I heard Stephen make a noncommittal grunt. I sighed when I heard one of the twins make some noises that I knew would lead to crying. "Stephen, Tony, if you guys want to then you could decorate the cookies. You could also call some of the others to come help." I paused, "Except for Peter and Clint because they're sleeping on the couch."

Tony looked eagerly at the frosting, "Yup I'll help. As long as it means I get to eat some frosting." I looked to Stephen and he gave me a small nod. At least I could count on him to keep Tony under control. I brought the twins bubble down and took out Alli.

I chided myself after realizing that her diaper was wet and one glance at the clock told me it was time to feed them both. So much for me coming back to finish the cookies.

Once I got to my room I put the twins next to each other on the bed. I quickly went out of the room, making one more stop to grab something before feeding the twins.

I went to the left side of the hall and a few doors down. I opened the door and froze. It took me a few seconds to realize what was going on but once I did I closed the door as quickly as possible, my face burning. Well. I found Bucky and Steve.

I went to Steve's room and grabbed one of his shirts instead. I had originally planned to grab one of Bucky's but I defiantly wasn't going to go in there. The only reason I was stealing his shirt is because I didn't know where Wanda or Natasha's rooms were. I had really only figured out that I was on the floor with Steve, Bucky, Peter and Clint.

The majority of my clothes were dirty and I didn't know where the laundry room was. Also, because Steve's shirts were so big I wouldn't have to wear pants. They were literally dresses on me. I'm 4'11" and he's 6', that should give you an idea.

Don't blame me. I stopped growing really early. The only plus to my size was when I had played hide and seek at school. I quickly went back to my room and rubbed my head as I heard the twins crying.

With both of them in a bad mood it took a while to get the fed, changed and dressed. 45 minutes later, they were asleep. I grabbed some leggings that were less dirty and put them on, figuring it'd be a good idea to wear pants since I was going down to finish getting dinner ready.

It still wasn't very hard to get both the twins strapped on my front. As they had both been preemies they were still quite small.

Then I took a moment to just rest. Both of the twins were slowly falling asleep so I just stood there, rocking them back and forth.

I was so lucky to have the people I have in my life. Even though they were Avengers they did their best to make me feel included and loved. Granted, now that they had seen, to some extent, my powers, they would probably want me to train a little.

I was ok with that as long as no one got hurt. Stephen was right, the main reason I couldn't control it was because of fear.

Gathering my thoughts back together I went over to the door and opened it, exiting the room. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Steve leaving Buckys room. I quickly turned to the elevator, walking over and getting in.

I looked away awkwardly when he joined me in the elevator. "I- um hi."
I tried to make the tension loosen but it didn't work.

His face was slightly red and there was a visible hicky on his neck. Before he could say anything I burst into a tirade of words. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know you guys were in there and I was just trying to get a shirt and I forgot to knock and I'm really sorry also is it ok that I'm using one if your shirts? I didn't mean to make things weird-"

I stopped when I saw him grinning. "Listen doll. I, myself didn't mind you walking in on us. Bucky didn't either. For the most part we were worried about how you felt-"

The elevator doors opened and we walked out into the hallway. "Honestly I'm I'm little bummed you didn't join us but I will refrain from making any more comments on that as it seems to make you uncomfortable. I am also perfectly fine with you using my shirt and I'm sure if you ask Bucky he'd be okay with it too."

We arrived at the kitchen and I looked up at Steve. "Thank you for letting me borrow the shi-"

I froze as I saw the kitchen. There was powdered sugar on the counters and floor with two guilty looking guys covered in frosting and the rest of the powdered sugar.

Most of the cookies were decorated, some broken, some having a bite in them. What. The. Heck.

"Tony. Stephen. Dust yourselves off, go take a shower and change your clothes." Tony opened his mouth but I cut him off. "Don't even try to apologize right now. I'm mad."

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Steve trying really hard not to laugh. But his shaking shoulders gave him away.

Then again, Stephen and Tony looked like snow monsters with the amount of powdered sugar on them.

Me and Steve began cleaning up the mess. Steve insisted that should go and sit on the couch. I only gave in when Bucky arrived and threatened to carry me to the couch and tie me down.

They reassured me, saying that they could clean up the mess just fine.

Clint and Peter were still sleeping on the couch. I gently sat down on the opposite side of the couch. Peter stirred, opening his eyes and sitting up. "I'm awake" He mumbled.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to wake you. I've been banished from the kitchen. You don't have to get up." But he must've not actually been awake because as I talked he slowly scooted over and put his head on my shoulder.

Without much thought I placed my head on his head. Within a few minutes, I was asleep.

I woke up in a very different spot from where I first started. The biggest thing I noticed was the fact that I was laying on top of someone.

Obviously the twins weren't strapped on me, but I didn't really mind. The person holding me was slightly up against the armrest of the and was running his hands through my hair.

I slowly looked up, seeing Peter, and smiled. "Hi, how long was I asleep?"

Peter smiled gently, "Well, you woke up in time for dinner."

I looked around the room noticing everyone sitting on the couches or the rug chatting quietly. The twins were being held by Natasha and Clint.

"Hey Peter? Do you know when Wanda is getting back?" Then I remembered dinner. "Shit! I completely forgot I had left dinner in the crockpot! What time is it!" I quickly got off of Peter and ran to the kitchen.

Sorry for the long wait!!!! 😅 I know it's after Christmas and everything but I hope you had a great one!!! Let me know what you think of this chapter!!! What do you think shes going to fine in the next chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 3.1K 26
A paralysed girl...smaller than teenagers her age...but a mind stronger than most adults...with a not so good family life and difficulties to face ea...
1.2M 33.6K 71
***BOOK 2 HAS BEEN PUBLISHED!*** Best Rankings ever: #1 Soulmates #1 Thor #1 BruceBanner #1 Natasharomanoff #1 Blackwidow #1 CaptainAmerica #1 SteveR...
273K 10K 47
AGE OF GLORY Book One · ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ · "Pietro," Wanda whispers to him in Sokovian, "Pietro, come back. Dear brother, I need you." His vitals come b...
90.8K 1.4K 21
Growing up as a Maximoff had its complications. Money was scarce, but life was good. Family was the only thing that brought Olive joy, and she was ok...