Dangerous Love (Volturi Kings...

By Amera_Goldspin

Madeline Swan's life was average. Friends, High-school, and the typical party here and there. But when her co... More

The Beginning
Vampire Rollercoaster
Hidden Truths
Reunited
Sushi Night
The Gaurd
Late Nights
Partners in Crime
Mission Completed
A Regular Monday
Alec Knows Best
The Meeting
Blue
First Date
Nature Walk
Confrontation
Apologies
Tendencies
Arrangement
My Treasure
Red Skies and Black Mountains
Remembrance
Sisterly Bonds
Loose Ties
Vampire on Ice
A Thousand Stars
Homer's Star Brad Pitt
Attachment
Countdown
Leech
Chocolate Chip Cookies
The Woods
Angel
Pain
Divulgence
Heading Nowhere
Wager
Dangerous Deceptions

Coffee in Seattle

8K 246 14
By Amera_Goldspin

Madeline POV

Today mark the day I would see the Volturi kings. I was half deciding on skipping school for that day and skip town.  I didn't want to see them and I didn't want to deal with being monitor by my guards. I knew that if I wanted to skip town it would have to be now or never.

I quickly got ready and took my car. I made sure to call Bella and let her know that I was going to get coffee. It wasn't a complete lie because I did plan on getting coffee. As I walked out of the house and entered my car I suddenly hear knocking on my passenger window. I turn around and see Demetri smiling brightly at me beckoning me to unlock my door.

I sighed and turned down the window a bit. "Good morning, Demetri I was going to get coffee to want any?" I asked him sarcastically.

" hmm, coffee sounds excellent ill come with you," he replied with the same tone.

We stared at each other for a moment. I was mentally hoping he would get the hint and let me go by myself. I sighed and unlocked the door. He quickly went in once he heard the sound. I don't think I will ever get used to their vampire speed.

" I guess here we go," I said with faux enthusiasm.  I guess my plan fell out of the window.

" You know it amazes me how powerful Alice's gift is," Demetri tells me, smirking.

I sucked in a breath. I forgot Alice could see the future. So she snitched on me, jee what a good friend.  I glanced at Demetri and did a sheepish smile.

" Yeah, it's amazing," I responded tensely.

I quickly had a thought. I could still leave town.  Yes Demetri was with me but, he wasn't the one driving ;I was. It would be more of a risk to stop me forcefully versus just letting it happen.

Yes this will work, I can work with this.  I see the exit that would take me to Seattle and I swiftly turned and slammed on the gas pedal.

" What are you doing?" Demetri asked me.

"I thought coffee in Seattle would taste a bit better don't you agree?" I replied to him sweetly.

I see Demetri's face fall into look of amusement. It threw me off guard a bit as to why but I wasn't going to complain. I slowed down a bit to match the flow of traffic waiting for him to say something.

"We can go to Seattle but, just know you can't pull a stunt on me like you did with Felix." he tells me putting his arms behind his head.

I could feel my cheeks heat up. They are really not going to let that go. " Well this can be a great bonding experience," I laugh a bit.

" Usually I ditch school with Emmett but I suppose you will do," I finished off.

" Well I hope I don't disappoint," he replies.

The car ride was actually not that bad. Demetri was not that bad to talk too. I wouldn't have guess but his road rage would be amusing if it wasn't directed to me.

" Madi why did you insist on running away? Did you think you would get away?" Demetri asks me calmly.

" Can't blame a girl for trying," shrugging my shoulders.

I noticed a cafe that was on the corner of downtown Seattle. I quickly parked the car making sure to grab my purse and headed over there. I noticed there wasn't many people in the cafe. Making our way inside the cafe I noticed how it was covered with plants and warm lighting. The smell of coffee beans hit my nose while the soft lo-fi beats softly played. This was a relaxing atmosphere.

" I am going to order something, do you want to find a spot or just stand with me?" I asked him.

I received a deadpan look by him. I mentally slapped myself forgetting that I have history of ditching them. " Actually lets just order together," I let out awkwardly.

"Have you been to this cafe before?" Demetri asked me smirking at a lady passing by us.

"No I haven't, I heard reviews on it though," I tell him.

"Interesting, you know coffee wasn't a thing for me in my time," Demetri said

"Huh that's to bad, you missed out," teasing him.

Demetri shrugged and gave me a small smile. It wasn't long before it was our turn to head up. I already knew what I wanted to get and was excited for the idea of a nice warm drink.

"Hi what can I get you," the server asked us by us I actually mean Demetri.

I don't blame her, all the vampires I have encounters they were insanely gorgeous. Their looks seemed to draw you in. It made me think of a moth attracted to the light. If only she knew how deadly Demetri was.

"What would you like Madi," Demetri asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh just a medium size Earl Grey tea," I tell her smiling.
She still was staring at Demetri, hoping for some kind of flirtous exchange with him it seemed like. Demetri seemed amused by this.

"And for you?" She asked slowly.

"Nothing special dear I'll just try that cake pop," he tells her smirking.

"What flavor?" She asked him slightly biting her lip towards him.

"Suprise me ," Demetri said sending her a wink.

That seemed to get her flustered over that action. She furiously typed in her keyboard smiling lightly. "That will be $8.60," she tells me looking to me.

I was surprised she knew I was there considering how focus she was on Demetri. I noticed even speaking to me her attention went to sneaking glances at him. I started to pull out my card only for Demetri to hand her his.

" Thank you, I will bring your drinks out when it is done," She tells us handing him back his card with a receipt.

"Lets go you flirt," I tell him rolling my eyes.

" I can't help it women love me, " as he places his right hand on his chest.

Demetri and I walked to the spot in the cafe where no one was sitting at. It was in the corner of the cafe that seemed to have a long window showcasing the rainy weather. I was surprised no one was sitting here. I placed my purse on the side of the table and took out my laptop.

My plan was to study choreography and finding proper music. I have been a figure skater since I was four years old. I absolutely love it, I felt free on the ice being able to express stories with just my movements. I know since this is my last year as a senior they are doing a big show for it and I wanted my routines to be perfect.

"What are you doing?" Demetri ask me analysing me with his eyes.

"I am currently looking up plans for an upcoming skate show," I tell him moving my eyes back at the screen.

" Here you are here is your tea and snack," The server tells us facing Demetri.

" Thank you, sweets," He charmingly tell her.

"So your a skater," flipping the cake pop bag over to see the server number on it. He didn't seem to surprised or flattered.

" I am, I've been skating ever since I've been a child," taking a small sip from my tea.

" Interesting, do you do duo or single?" he questioned me.

"I did both, believe it or not Embry would skate with me," I laugh a bit.

"So a little doggy liked ice skating that's surprising," seeming amused by this new information.

I laughed hard at this comment. Demetri looked at me for a second before joining in. I felt a bit bad it was kinda mean but it seemed funny to me. I rubbed my temples and calmed down a bit.

"Here look," I tell him moving my laptop to face him.

It was an old video of of me skating. I was 16 in this video. It showed me doing single dance by myself this time. I watched Demetri waiting for a reaction from him. I wanted to know of he liked it or thought it wasn't good.

" That was beautiful," he tells me with a look of honesty.

I felt my face get warm " Really? Your not just saying that," giving him a look .

" Not at all. You have a talent. You looked very graceful and at peace,"  Demetri stares in my eyes.

"Wait when did you get brown eyes?" I suddenly realized his eyes were different switching topic.

"You've been looking me all this time and you just realized?" Demetri tells me raising a brow.

"I've been distracted by life," I tell him defensively.

Never was great with details on certain things. I didn't really care to notice my surroundings at certain times.  Today is one of those day I guess.

" They are contacts," he tells me laughing a bit.

" Oo fun," I reply getting ready to pack up.

Demetri and I fell back in silence. While I sip on my tea I would occasionally ask him for advice on my routine. I surprised to hear that figuring skating was quite hard for vampires. He explained to me it took more control than average to not break anything and look human.

I started to put away my stuff that I had slightly scattered across the table. I look over and see that it was already afternoon. Time really does fly sometimes. I hardly thought I got anything done.

"Here have this," Demetri handed me the bag his food came in with.

I grabbed it and smile at him. "Thank you, but I think you missed this ," I pointed to the number written on the bag.

" Oh I didn't miss it, I just don't care for it," He tells me getting gracefully up his chair.

" Okay," I wasn't quite sure what to say on that matter. Demetri offered me his hand and politely took it.

I don't know if I will get use to how cold their skin is. I will say it does feel slightly soothing to me. I slighty wonder how Bella puts up with it. Bella and I have always been different about weather preferences. I liked the weather being rainy, cold, and wet. Bella liked her weather being sunny, hot, and dry.

Walking out of the cafe I hesitated a bit. I don't know when the kings are showing up but I do know I'll have to go back to Forks soon. I can feel my heart slightly pick up. What if they made a mistake about me and decided to kill us because of it. What if it is the opposite and that means I am genuinely mated to three vampires? How does even work out? I don't want to feel pressured into being with them.

"Madi I am driving back," Demetri quickly grabbing the keys out of my hands.

" What's wrong with my driving," I walking up to the car.

"You suck at it." he simply stated opening the passenger door for me.

" I do not,"  frowning at that false accusations and begrudgingly getting in.

The drive was went by smoothly. Demetri didn't really talk and stayed silent during the ride. For that reason I was silently stuck into reviewing all of my thoughts and feelings. I wasn't sure how everything will play out.  At least I won't have to meet them by myself I hope.

" Were 20 minutes away," Demetri announces.

"Oh great," I made sure to reply to him with faux enthusiasm.

" I am not gonna be alone right?" narrowing my eyes.

Demetri kept his eyes on the road not even sparing me a side glance. " I can't say."

I huffed and started flicking my fingertips. "Thats really vague."

Demetri let's out a smirk. "10 more minutes."

"No need for counting down," I exclaimed putting my hands over my face.

"I thought you were so excited to see your soulmates," lacing his voice in a teasing tone.

I narrowed my eyes at him " Yes I am sooo glad."

" Then I see no issues, my queen," he continues teasing me—what a bastard.

I huffed and turned my body towards the window. I decided I would ignore Demetri and instead enjoy the passing view. The best thing about Forks is how beautiful the scenery is. I can imagine losing myself in the beauty and being perfectly content. There was countless of times I would end up getting yelled at by Charlie because I was in the forest when I wasn't supposed to. He always said my only reason why I would go cause my imaginary friend told me too.

I started feeling more stress I could tell we were about 5 minutes away from the Cullen's house. I could feel the anxiety crawling up from my stomach. I need to calm myself and think out a plan. I think I'll just say the bare minimum and quickly get out. All they want is to just want to meet me that's all it is. Just a simple hi and then I will go.

"Madeline we are here," Demetri snapped me out of thought.

" Can we leave after this?" I asked him meekily.

" If that is what you wish," He quickly appears by the side of my car door and opened it.

I sighed and stepped out. Demetri offered me his arm and I decided to take it. I looked at him and we started walking. I really wanted to get this over with. I quickly started feeling insecure about every little thing.  Am I walking to loud? What about my breathing? Oh God what if my scent smells disgusting.

I abruptly stop and look at Demetri. Taking my arm, I turned to face him. " Do I breath loud," I asked him quickly. " Do I smell gross too and what about my walking?" I whisper to him .

Demetri stared at me for a moment and softly smiled at me, " Your fine my queen." he tells me.

"But that's not what I asked," I mumbled out facing at the door.

Demetri stares at me for a moment and slighty smiles at me. " Madi you smell divine and I suppose your breathing is actually inconsistent," he tells me honestly.

"But is it loud?" I inquired.

"No it's not," with amusement dancing his eyes.

I slightly smile at him " thanks, I guess I'm glad that I at least don't smell."

I looked towards the door and sighed. " Alright lets get this show going."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 122 5
(BELLA SWAN X JANE VOLTURI.) !!THIS STORY IS MINE! DO NOT REPOST OR COPY PLS. I do not own Twilight Stephanie Meyer does. Warning this story does kin...
416K 10.7K 25
Sophia Rose Swan get tangled in her cousins screw up when she decides to take off to Volterra Italy to save her overly emotional ex-boyfriend. She ge...
399K 8.6K 26
[Book One of the Swan Queen Series] The twin sister of Bella Swan chose to stay with her father Charlie when Renee left. She was always top of her cl...
514K 13.2K 68
Isadora-Lily Cullen was a troubled girl. She was saved at the age of 6 from her abusive parents by Carlisle Cullen and his family. From then on she w...