Tragedy ° DEAN WINCHESTER

By bokuroos

show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy. [dean winchester x emery wilson] [supernatural; season one-three... More

oo. | playlist
o. | the origin story of emery wilson
i. | stanford, here we are
ii. | jericho california... what a wonderful place
iv. | hey we're rangers now i guess
v. | nobody likes a cannibal
vi. | decent pick-up lines
vii. | don't forget to breathe
viii. | sulfur leads to demonic possession
ix. | demons shouldn't be our problem
x. | bloody mary, three times in the bathroom mirror
xi. | i'm coming back to haunt both your asses
xii. | make it seem like a hooker
xiii. | i'm gonna miss my own funeral
xiv. | the sassier the better
xv. | screwdriver phobia
xvi. | in which the wilchester trio is busy
xvii. | she finally blew up
xviii. | emery, the vampire slayer
xix. | happily married couple
xx. | they're gone
xxi. | surprise!
xxii. | all she remembers
xxiii. | suffocating
xxiv. | goodbye
xxv. | it affects everyone differently
xxvi. | two words: f*** that
xxvii. | i hate carnivals
xxviii. | mind control or something
xxix. | psychic visions and dams
xxx. | missing in action
xxxi. | bitch; jerk
xxxii. | they made me slow dance
xxxiii. | it's just loki
xxxiv. | a whole new world
xxxv. | trust your gut
xxxvi. | death of a bachelor
xxxvii. | let it go
xxxviii. | beautiful flower
IMPORTANT; please read
xxxix. | in which emery is sick of everyone's shit
xl. | casualty of war
finale. | sacrifices and heroes
one shot. | love you goodbye
note; editing contest
note; editing results

iii. | well, it turns out constance was a bitch

128K 2.9K 4.3K
By bokuroos

Disclaimer; I don't not own Supernatural. If I did, I'd guess star in every episode.

Pilot; Part Three
________

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -unknown

EMERY SAT BEHIND DUMB AND DUMBER as they looked up old newspaper articles about people on the Centennial Highway. More importantly, the ones who had died on it, or close to it. Basically, anyone who would come back to haunt/murder people because of their unrest/violent death.

Jericho Herald read on the top of the computer screen, with a blue backdrop underneath it. Dean had clicked on the keywords box, his fingers typing in Female Murder Hitchhiking before he hit the 'go' button. Emery snorted when the website came up with zero results. Dean shot her a glare over his shoulder, before going to type something else in the keywords box.

He erased the Hitchhiking at the end of it, before typing in Centennial Highway, making the search read Female Murder Centennial Highway.

Emery snorted when the search came up with zero results.

Again.

Dean shot her another glare before Sam tried to reach for the mouse, telling Dean to let him try. Dean slapped his hand away, exclaiming an 'I got it!' before going back to typing. Or trying to at least. Sam pushed his office chair out of the way before he could.

"Dude," Dean exclaimed, before pushing himself back to the computer. When he got reaching distance to Sam, he smacked his arm, glaring. Behind the two, Emery giggled.

Their fights were kinda adorable. Though, if they kept it up, she knew she'd find them annoying.

"You're such a control freak," Dean then spoke, once he was closer to the computer again.

"So any spirits are born out of a violent death, right?" Sam asked.

"Right," Emery nodded her head once, though none of the boys noticed.

"So maybe it's not murder," Sam finished his statement, going to the box and changing Murder to Suicide.

The internet flashed the word Loading... on the screen a couple of times, before it popped up with one result. Emery let out a cheer, her fists pumping into the air. Dean sent her yet another glare, before he turned back to the computer screen.

"This was 1981, Constance Welch, 24 years old jumps off Sylvania Bridge, drowns in river," Sam read the information on the article, informing the two others.

"Does it say why she did it?" Dean asked, his eyes also skimming the article.

"Yeah," Sam informed.

"What?" Emery asked, squeezing her head between Sam's and Dean's.

"In the hour before they found her, she dialled 9-1-1. Her two little kids are in the bathroom, she leaves them alone for a minute, and when she comes back, they aren't breathing," Sam reads. "Both die. 'Our babies are gone, and Constance just couldn't bare it,' said husband, Joseph Welch."

"That bridge look familiar to you?" Dean asked, looking between the two younger people.

Sam narrowed his eyes at the picture of the bridge. Emery realized it was the bridge they were on earlier that day, and she suddenly had a bad feeling about.

God, she hated ghosts.

☪✡

Next thing Emery knew, she was standing on the middle of the bridge, the Impala parked at one end of it. She was leaning over the barrier, looking over into the swiftly moving water.

"So this is where Constance took the swan dive," Dean stated, looking over the barrier beside Emery.

"So, you think dad would've been here?" Emery cringed at Sam's question. She was also grateful that the two Winchesters hadn't noticed.

Emery was surprised that Dean hadn't caught onto the fact that she knew something. Usually, he would spot out if the brunette was hiding something in an instant.

"Well, he's chasing the same story, and we're chasing him," Dean stated, and Emery grimaced.

Wrong, she thought. Totally and completely wrong.

Dean backed away from the barrier, Sam following him. In turn, this made Emery also follow the Winchesters, like she's been doing since the age of twelve.

"Okay, so now what?" Emery asked, trying to keep her voice level and guilt free.

"We keep digging 'til we find him," Dean stated. "It might take a while."

Sam stopped, his posture one of anger and a little bit of defeat. "Dean, I told you, I have to get back by-"

"Monday," the three said in unison, Emery walking past Sam, and Dean looking back at his younger brother.

"Right," Dean said, "the interview." Sam answered with a small 'yeah'. "Yeah, I forgot. You're really serious about this, aren't you?"

Emery had ended up on Dean's left side, praying to God that they weren't about to have another fight. However, the prayer was unanswered.

"You think you're just gonna become some lawyer? Marry your girl?" Dean asked, a tiny hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"Yeah, maybe, why not?" Sam stated shrugging.

"Does Jessica know the truth about you. I mean, does she know the things you've done?" Dean asked, eyebrows raised.

Emery walked away at this point, still listening as she leaned against the barrier of the bridge again. Holy shit, did these guys fight like an old married couple.

"No, and she's not going to know," Sam stated, voice hard, eyes glaring.

Dean made a face, before saying, "well, that's healthy. You can pretend all you want, Sammy, but soon enough you're gonna have to face up to who you really are."

Dean turned around, and Sam walked behind him, the two walking over a little closer to where Emery was.

"And who's that?" Sam demanded.

"One of us," Dean stated.

"No, I'm not like you," Sam ranted, walking faster so he was in front of Dean, turning to look at the older boy. "This is not going to be my life."

"Holy fuck," Emery cursed under her breath, turning to look at the brothers.

"You have a responsibility-" Dean started.

"To Dad?" Sam cut him off, "and his crusade? If it weren't for pictures, I wouldn't even know what mom looks like. And what difference would it make, even if we do find the thing that killed her, mom's gone. And she isn't coming back."

Wrong thing to say, Sammy, Emery thought cringing. Their mom was still a touchy subject for Dean.

Dean looked at Sam for a second, before his face contorted with anger and he shoved Sam back against one of the columns on the bridge. The two looked at each other for a second, Dean taking a angry breath.

"Don't talk about her like that," He spat out, venom in his words.

Dean then let Sam go, taking a step back, a glare still on his face. He started walking towards Emery, who was a good five feet away, before he spotted a woman standing on the barrier. She was clad in white clothes that were ripped, and she was looking at the group.

"Sam! Emery!" Dean said, getting their attentions. The two turned and looked at the girl, just in time to see her fall off the bridge.

Emery felt herself sprint over to where Constance had just fallen, looking over the edge to see if there was any sign of the spirit. Sam and Dean had seemed to have the same idea. Once the three saw nothing, they back away from the barrier, just as the Impala's lights turned on.

"Uh, Dean," Emery panicked, "is that you?"

Dean reached into his pocket, before pulling out a set of keys. The Impala's keys. Emery gulped just as the Impala started revving it's engine.

It moved a couple feet forward every time it revved, before it actually started speeding towards the hunters. Adrenaline kicked in, and Emery turned around and sprinted.

Sam and Dean took off, heading down the bridge. In a panic, Emery sprinted across the bridge and got clear of the Impala as it came speeding down the road. Of course, it kept on going straight, chasing after Sam and Dean.

With panic and amusement in her eyes, she watched as both boys hurtled themselves off the bridge to get clear of the Impala. When the Impala shut off, Emery took that as an okay and sprinted to where the boys had jumped over the barrier.

"Dean!? Dean!?" She heard Sam yell, and raised her eyebrows when she saw him standing on the other side of the barrier, looking down.

Emery peered down, trying to see what Sam was looking at. When she spotted Dean crawling out of the river, covered in mud, Emery covered her mouth to muffle her laughter.

"Dean, are you okay?" Sam asked, and Dean made a signal with his hands.

"Just peachy," he shouted back, and Emery couldn't contain her laughter anymore. It bubbled out of her mouth, and she gave Dean a thumbs up just to mock him.

When Dean had gotten back on the bridge, the first thing he did was cuff Emery. She let out a yelp of surprise, rubbing the back of her head where Dean had hit her.

The second thing was check what had happened to the Impala. After Dean did a thorough check to make sure Constance hadn't done any permanent damage to his Baby, he let out a breath of relief.

"Well, whatever she did to it, it seems fine now," Dean said, slamming the hood of the Impala shut. "That Constance chick, WHAT A BITCH!"

Emery giggled, before leaning beside Dean, who was covered from head to toe in mud thanks to his dip in the river. She scrunched up her nose when she caught a whiff of him, Sam thinking the same thing she was.

"You smell like a toilet," the two of them said in unison. Dean sent a glare at both of them, shaking some of the mud and water off of his hands.

☪✡

Morning came quickly, and Emery found herself standing at the front desk at another crappy motel. She was standing between a very muddy Dean and a smirking Sam.

She watched as Dean handed the scammed credit card to the person working. He was an older man with greying hair. Emery seemed to zone out, looking around the room. It wasn't that fascinating, just four dull red walls, a desk, and some very boring decor.

Emery was snapped out of it when Dean grabbed her hand, dragging her out of the lobby. They made their way to a hotel room, Sam in tow, until they were standing right in front of it.

"Hey, Sam, can you...?" Dean asked, voice low. Sam gave him a quick nod before Emery and Dean stood in front of him as he picked the lock.

As soon as they stepped into the room, the atmosphere between the three changed in an instant.

Emery was awestruck as she looked around, looking at all the clues John had left for the three. She took in the missing posters of each victim. The many articles about other people. Emery also took in the fact that there was Devil's Traps and pentagrams drawn all over the room, along with salt lines and cat's eye shells.

She took another look at all the evidence and her face went sort of slack. Guilt was washing over her like tidal waves, so much that she ignored what Sam and Dean were arguing/talking about.

It was obvious. They were dealing with a Woman in White. Or a Wailing Woman, whatever your preference is.

"No chick flick moments," Emery tuned in, turning around to see Dean holding a hand out to Sam, signalling to him he wouldn't have it.

"Alright," Sam looked down, laughing. He looked up again, a smirk present on his face. "Jerk."

Dean's face contorted into a bitch face, answering him as if it was reflex, "Bitch."

Emery giggled, staring at the two of them. She almost pulled them into a group hug, but decide against it. They made up in their own way, which involved no physical contact. Plus, they were guys, and they don't usually hug.

Dean walked into the bathroom, obviously going to get the mud off of himself. Emery's hormones kicked in, almost tempted to joke about joining him, but decided against that too.

It was a couple minutes later, Sam was checking his voicemail, and Emery was looking at some of the clues on the walls.

She also texted John, telling him that he was one of the biggest Sons of Bitches she had ever met. Of course, he never replied, which was an obvious thing, and Emery expected it from him.

John could be a royal dick sometimes.

Dean walked out of the bathroom, looking showered and clean, and he shrugged on his jacket.

"I'm going to go and get something to eat from the Diner down the street," Dean said.

Emery sprung up, needing to stretch out her legs. The two exited the room, and Dean noticed the police point at the two of them. Dean dug into his pocket, grabbing his phone, and calling Sam, warning the younger boy about the police.

In that time Emery looked around, panicked. She took a couple steps away, creating distance between her and Dean. The deputy from before came and talked to Dean, and another one was sent after Emery.

Emery didn't get asked any questions, she was just shoved against a wall, the handcuffs slapping against her wrists.

"He bribed me!" She shrieked out, struggling against the handcuffs as she was led to the police cruiser. "He gave me a thousand to help him! He said something about killing a ghost! He's a schizophrenic! Please, he bribed me!"

She was shoved into the backseat of the cruiser, and sighed. Dean had one eyebrow raised at her, giving her a bitch face.

"Well, I tried," she said, leaning back on the leather seat.

The ride to the station was awkward and tense. Mostly because Emery had never been in the situation where she had her hands handcuffed behind her back. Her hands were digging into the small of her back, making it a lot more uncomfortable than it already was.

When they arrived, Emery was relieved. She could easily lie her way out of this situation, and be back with Sam in no time.

She was hauled out of the car by a rather good looking deputy, and she gave him a flirtatious smile.

"Handcuffs, eh?" She said, the deputy pushed her forward. "Kinky."

The deputy cleared his throat, looking at the brunette with a red face. Emery almost giggled at that, but kept it to herself. She was then escorted into a questioning room, where the sheriff was waiting for her. The cuffs were removed from her wrists, and the girl rubbed the red circle the metal had created on her skin.

"So, what's your real name?"

"It's Genevieve," Emery lied easily. "And I tried to explain to the deputies, I don't know this man. He was unstable, and I tried to phone a facility, but none of them knew who he was!"

"And who is he?"

"He told me his name was Ted Nuggent," Emery answered praying to God Dean used that name. "Can I go now, that's all I know. My newborn is with my fiancé and I'm scared they burned down the house."

"You have a kid? Aren't you a bit skinny?"

"Are you trying to say I should be fat?" Emery raised her eyebrow. "I'm one of lucky few who can squeeze back into their old size of pants. But please, Harry is probably worried sick, and Diane probably misses her mother."

The sheriff sighed, before walking to the door and opened it. He motioned for Emery to go, and the girl mentally cheered.

"Thank you so much!" She exclaimed, hugging the sheriff.

He smiled at the girl, before he walked to the room that they were probably holding Dean in. Emery then made her way out of the station, escorted by another deputy.

Once out of the station, she quickly got her phone out, and called Sam. It took him a couple rings, but he picked up.

"Sam, pick me up at the diner closest to the station once your done with whatever you're doing," Emery said, starting to walk in the general direction of the diner.

Sam agreed, and they hung up the phones. Emery found the diner easily, and had took a seat at a window seat, looking for the Impala.

She had gone through three coffee mugs, and a cheeseburger before Sam showed up. The sun was already starting to set, and the sky was fading into darkness. Emery left some cash on the table, before making her way out of the diner and into the passenger seat of the Impala.

"Hey, Sammy," Emery ruffled his hair, and he shot her a glare.

The Impala pulled out of the parking lot, and Sam started driving down the Centennial Highway. Obviously, he found something.

About halfway there, Sam was on the phone with Dean (after making a fake 9-1-1 call) explaining the things he learned about this Constance chick. Emery wasn't paying attention to the road, and Sam wasn't really either, so when a person popped in front of the Impala, Emery screamed. Sam slammed in the breaks, and Emery went flying forward, her head hitting the dash.

That's what happens when you don't wear your seatbelt right, kids.

"Oh my God, Emery, are you okay?" Sam asked, and Emery looked at him, nodding, rubbing the spot on her head that she hit.

"All good, just hurts a little bit." It was actually pounding, but Emery wouldn't admit that to Sam.

"Take me home?" A voice asked from the backseat.

Emery snapped her head around so fast she probably gave herself whiplash, and cause the pounding to worsen. Sitting in the backseat, pouting, was none other than the Woman in White herself, Constance Welch.

"No," Sam said, a defiant tone in his voice.

Suddenly, the passenger door was opened, Emery's seatbelt undone, and she was pushed out of the car. The girl landed hard on the asphalt, cursing.

Emery scrambled to her feet, trying to get into to Impala again, but it drove off before she could.

"Oh my God!" She shrieked in anger. "Constance, you really are a bitch!"

Emery threw her hands in the air, having a tiny fit, before she took off sprinting in the direction the Impala went, ignoring the pounding headache she had.

It took her a little bit to find out where Constance had took Sam, but she finally found herself at the bitch's old house. And Emery was just in time to see Dean shoot the window out of the Impala. He was obviously shooting at the ghost, who had been digging her fingers into Sam's chest, making holes where her fingers were.

Emery made it close enough to hear Sam say, "I'm taking you home," before the Impala shot forward.

"Sam!" That was Dean.

And right into the side of the house.

Emery rushed inside after Dean, and the two helped Sam out of the car, Dean asking if he was alright. Sam replied with an "I think so," before Dean got the door open.

"Can you move?" Emery asked. And since she was smaller, she had climbed into the Impala to help Sam.

"Yeah, help me," Sam said, before Emery grabbed his hand and yanked him out of the Impala.

Constance appeared behind them, picking up a picture before throwing it to the side. She moved a dresser that was sitting against the stairs, pinning the three against the Impala.

Emery watched in awe as water suddenly leaked down the stairs, and voices came from the top of the steps.

"You've come home to us, Mommy."

With wide eyes, Emery watched as Constance moved to the bottom of the stairs. She looked up at where the voices came from, and Emery almost screamed when she saw two kids appear behind her.

The kids suddenly hugged the wailing woman, and she started screaming and struggling, the three of them disappearing into the floor. When the spirits fully disappeared, the group of hunters looked at each other, before pushing the dresser away from them.

The three then went to examine where the ghosts had disappeared. The spirits had left behind a puddle of water, and Dean commented on that this house was probably where she drowned her kids.

"She was to scared to face them, that's why she couldn't go home," Sam replied, looking at the puddle.

"Nice work, Sammy," Emery chimed in, smiling widely at the younger boy.

"You found it's weak spot," Dean congratulated, hitting Sam's chest, almost where his wounds lay.

Sam let out a string of pained, sarcastic laughter.

"I wish I could say the same for you," Sam retorted.

"Yeah, what were you thinking?" Emery exclaimed, "Shooting Casper the hormonal ghost in the face?"

"Hey, saved his ass, didn't it," Dean pointed at Sam, who was shaking his head. "I'll tell you another thing, if you screwed up my car, I'll kill you."

☪✡

They hit the road again soon after that, and Emery dozed off in the back seat. When she came too, they were at Sam's apartment building. She jumped out of the car, giving the tall boy a quick hug before jumping in the passenger seat.

"You'll call me if you find him?" Sam asked.

Dean nodded in response.

"Maybe I can meet up with you later, huh?"

"Yeah, alright," Dean agreed. Sam patted the Impala door twice before turning around.

"Sam," Dean called, catching the Stanford student's attention, "You know, we made a helluva team back there."

"Yeah," Sam nodded, a soft smile appearing on his face.

Emery smiled softly and waved as he walked away. Sam gave a wave back before he entered the building. But something felt wrong.

Extremely wrong.

Dean pulled the Impala to the fire escape, where the two had broke in.

"You go, I'll park Baby in a less suspicious place," Emery said, knowing that Dean felt like something wrong was going to happen.

Dean jumped out and started up the ladder, Emery scooted over to the driver's seat. She backed up, and pulled onto the highway, parking it across the street.

Just as she turned off the Impala, she noticed Sam's apartment turn red. Emery noticed a few flames licking out of the window, and she also noticed that Sam and Dean where running from the building, where the fire escape was.

The cops and fire department showed up a few minutes later, the three hunters looking at the arsenal of weapons in the trunk, hidden under a false bottom.

Sam was checking out a rifle, taking a couple minutes as Dean explained that Jess hadn't made it. Well, explained that Jess had been in the same position as Mary Winchester, Sam and Dean's mom. Stuck to the roof, stomach cut open, and then caught on fire.

What a horrible way to die.

Dean made his way over to his little brother, while Emery made her way to the back seat. She climbed in just as Sam threw the rifle into the trunk.

"We've got work to do," She heard Sam faintly say, before the boys shut the trunk, and climbed into the Impala. Dean started it up, the low rumble music to Emery's ears. And just like that, they took off into the night.

Like they usually do after a case.

Except they didn't leave Stanford, Dean actually drove to the closest crappy motel and checked them in. And when the three got into the room, they stared at the two queen size beds.

"Okay, sleeping arrangements?" Emery asked, looking between the Winchester boys. They both looked between each other, having a silent argument.

Dean sighed before saying, "I guess we'll take turns on who gets to share beds."

"Okay, who gets her first?" Sam asked, towering over the bed he just put his stuff on.

"I guess I'll take you first," Dean mumbled, setting his bag on the other bed.

Emery nodded, before getting ready for bed, which included stealing one of Dean's flannels and brushing her teeth. With that, she climbed into bed, and snuggled up close to Dean, her cold feet pressing against the skin of his legs. Dean flinched, but eased into her cold feet as Sam turned off the lights.

"Night, boys," Emery called out into the darkness.

"Night," The boys chorused.

Emery fell asleep with a smile on her face.

_________

edited.

this took forever to write. i'm chilling at my friends watching the 100 on netflix :)

hope you enjoyed !

thanks so much for the reads and ilysm omg!

p.s i'm changing emery's face claim to marie avgeropoulos because she just fits emery better

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 77 8
Fluffy and smut imagines about the sexy Dean Winchester set in the (Y/N) format. Most of the stories are long, so sit back and relax
6.1K 295 52
[Season 3] When Sara falls into the clutches of a dangerous kidnapping plot, she can't imagine the life-changing events that would follow. By a twist...
387 22 7
You come from a very rare bloodline that makes your blood very rare to vampires. Your blood is special but you don't know it. When you meet Dean Winc...
219K 2.8K 84
some cute, smutty, fluffy Winchester Brothers imagines. enjoy :)