An Ancient Bond.

De InuVampireChan

Link breaks the Sheikah slate and following Impa's guidance seeks out the advice of one of his ancestors. Mai multe

Prologue.
Zora's Domain.
Divine Beast Vah Ruta.
Travel.
Vah Medoh.
Great Forest of Hyrule.
Death Mountain.
Vah Rudania
Well Deserved Rest
Gerudo Desert
Vah Naboris
Interlude
Forever.

Yiga Clan Hideout

17 0 0
De InuVampireChan

   "Not the most subtle people, are they?" Sheik blinked down at the mountain pass and the array of paper decorations that were strung through it. His gaze switched, looking to the rock beside them. He blinked, squinted and then lifted his gaze to Link. "Why is it a frog?"

Was it? Link leaned forward and looked to the front of the rock. Indeed, it was shaped like a frog. "I honestly have no idea. I think a better question would be; why did they take the time to carve so many frog shaped rocks?" He looked down over the mountain pass and saw about fifty more beneath them. "Are frogs important to the Sheikah?"

"No. These people are just weird." It was a good enough answer for him. They climbed down the mountain until they were on the sand once again. It was truly a direct path right up to the Yiga Hideout so they simply started following the climb upward. They dodged the rocks that were thrown down, hardly a challenge considering the slow fall they had due to the sand. The frog stones only seemed to increase the further up they got.

And just like that it opened to an entrance to a cave. Well, less of a cave and more of a hollowed out place with flags and torches. There was a large circular rock formation in the middle with stairs, surrounded by torches that looked out to the rest of the area. Several other stairs surrounded it leading up to heavy flags that covered whatever they were hiding. Sheik made an intrigued sound beside him and looked to the torches before the flags. "Reminds me of the Shadow Temple."

"Really?" Link blinked and looked around with a renewed interest.

"The Shadow Temple's entrance was hidden behind a puzzle. To gain access one had to light a circle of torches at the same time. Only then would the path forward be granted." How did you light several torches at the same time? Well, considering what he's seen Sheik do, it was probably a simple task.

"I think I'm more surprised they got it right." Sheik chuckled next to him and climbed down to head toward one of the drapes. Link followed after him and slipped behind one of the curtains to find a series of stairs. They headed up deeper into the room and when they reached the top were greeted by a cage. An actual cage that held what looked to be a Gerudo. As they made their way forward to it Sheik inspected the mark on the side of it, a weird glowing rectangle symbol with the Yiga's crest, arrows and eyes.

Link turned his gaze to the Gerudo. Or more accurately she had drawn his attention by whispering. "Hey, what are you doing here? This is the hideout of those Yiga thieves who stole the Thunder Helm. If they spot you, they'll call their friends for sure. There's no way you can take them all on. If only you had some way of distracting them..." she sighed and shook her head. "Listen, this place is dangerous. You should get out of here while you still can. I can take care of myself."

"I got it." Link blinked and turned from his conversation to Sheik. His partner had pulled a piece of paper out from his suit somewhere. He bit on the side of his index finger and with a line of blood drew onto the paper symbols that looked a bit like what was on the side of the prison cell but different. When he was finished he held the paper between his index and middle finger, concentrated for a second and then threw it at the Yiga's mark. It burst into bright blue flames, absorbed the Yiga crest and then the doors to the cell vanished.

Just vanished. Link had never been more surprised by anything. He startled back, bumped into Sheik and heard his partner chuckle. "They're not the best with talismans."

Link wanted to ask just what a Talisman was but before he got the chance Barta was standing and walking out. She fixed her skirt, adjusted her mask and turned to them. "So, a Sheikah hmm? Never thought I'd see the day one of you is decent at being anything other than a coward."

"Flattery." He deadpans and motions to the exit. "We're here for the Thunder Helm, you're about as stealthy as the sun in the middle of the night. You'll only get in our way."

"Now who is the flatterer?" Barta grinned at Sheik and Link took the smallest of steps closer to him. "I'll be impressed if you manage to come back with the Thunder Helm. Our best have tried, and failed. What is your name?"

"Sheik, and this is Link. We're here under the command of Chief Riju."

"Well then Sheik, and Link." She glanced between them. "I wish you luck." Barta took the exit quickly and left them alone.

Sheik turned to look down over the hideout. He pointed out one of the Blademasters wandering around and folded his arms across his chest. "So--"

"No." Sheik blinked and slowly turned to look at Link with a blonde eyebrow arched up. "You're going to suggest I stay here, because you're better at stealth than me. That's not happening. I'm going with you."

"Alright, if you feel that strongly about it, stay close to me." Link nodded, satisfied that he wasn't going to be left behind by Sheik. They climbed down the ledge to the hideout and snuck over to the wall that looked around into the hideout. Sheik kept Link behind him, making sure he knew exactly where Link was and watched the Blademaster walk around the stone in the middle passing them. Once he made sure they were out of the Yiga's sight he took Link's wrist and dragged him over to the stairs.

They stepped down and crouched behind a pillar, looking to the next Blademaster that blocked the entrance to the Yiga Hideout main area. Sheik pressed his lips together, looked around and then reached inside his suit. He pulled out four long, thin, needles and held them between his fingers. He looked again to the Blademaster and then suddenly stood up and threw the needles at the opposite wall across from them. They made a clanking sound when they hit the wall and tumbled to the ground, drawing the Blademasters attention to it. They looked around, Sheik quickly crouched back down and then the Blademaster slowly made their way toward where the needles had been thrown.

Sheik grasped Link's wrist and yanked him toward the entrance the Yiga was blocking, rushing inside and along the path in the area. They stopped near the wall and Sheik yanked Link behind him, looking out into the area. Link glanced around and then grasping Sheik's arm tugged to get his attention. Once he was sure he had it he pointed out into the area and at the ladder on the opposite side of them. The plan from there would be simple, avoiding the Yiga they'd get to the ladder, get to higher ground, and then make their way further in. As long as there was no one standing on the rafters, which from what he saw, there wasn't

Sheik nodded, understanding his idea, and then motioned for Link to stay close to him. They stepped out, glancing to the right at the Yiga patrolling there and then when he passed quickly moved. Sheik rolled and crouched behind the nearest rock structure, keeping his eyes on the shadow of the Yiga that walked around there. Link joined him with a quick few crouching strides, keeping close to his partners back as they waited to move. It wasn't a long pause, once the Yiga was on the other side of them he started to follow their path with a silent grace. Link tried to mimic him but with all the armor and weapons he carried there was no chance for him to be as silent as Sheik was.

At the very least it wasn't enough to get the Yiga's attention. They made it to the other side of the rock and then across the room. They stopped near where the next Yiga patrolled, Sheik trying to get a good view of him over the rock. It apparently wasn't working that well considering the frustrated expression on his face. He seemed to look around more than the others too. Sheik made a note of what direction he walked around and then started the opposite way, sneaking around the rock and keeping as little distance between himself and the Yiga as possible. Link kept close, trying to keep himself as quiet as possible. When they reached where the ladder was he shoved Link toward it and motioned for him to climb quickly.

Link made it up first and climbed up onto the rafters, getting himself to a good angle he could look down and see Sheik. He wondered, from this distance, if he'd be able to help. Not that Sheik probably needed it, he was definitely better at this than Link was, but still. Glancing around up there he spotted the various bundles of bananas left around in odd places and suddenly got an idea. Reaching into his bag he took out a bunch of them and then aimed downward. He dropped the yellow fruit down, watched the Yiga pause in alarm and then their entire body practically vibrate in excitement. Glancing around the Yiga tiptoed over to the bananas and that gave Sheik the opening he needed to make his way to the ladder. He climbed up, joined Link in the rafters and then started toward the right side of the hideout.

The last Yiga that blocked the entrance into the deeper area of the room wouldn't be that much of a challenge. Link tapped Sheik's arm to get him to pause and then pulled another bunch of bananas from his pack. He aimed downward, rolled them off of the rafters and into the Yiga's line of sight. The moment they were distracted he jumped down and slipped into the entrance way quickly followed by Sheik himself. They made their way further into the area and came to a bedroom.

Nodding to each other they split themselves up and searched the room from top to bottom, throwing things they didn't need onto the ground and storing the gems they found. At the end of the search it became very clear; the Thunder Helm either wasn't in here or they couldn't find it.

"Link." He turned and glanced over to Sheik, blinking at the other staring at the wall. "There's a hidden door here." Sheik turned and reached out, grabbing the Sheikah slate from Link's belt. He used magnesis to rotate the wall that gave way to a giant area. He returned the Sheikah slate and together they walked out into the large area.

They approached the giant pit and paused at the edge when a voice called out. "Hey!" There was a pop and Link suddenly found himself yanked behind Sheik, staring at the Yiga that appeared near them. "Who the hell are you? And what are you doing in my napping spot?!" They paused, suddenly rubbed at their--mask?--and leaned forward. "Wait a minute! That thing on your hip... is that... could it be a Sheikah Slate? And then that makes you--" he pointed at Sheik who didn't even flinch. "The Sheikah and that Link guy I've been looking for!" They suddenly started cheering and Link tried to step around Sheik to block him from this guy. "What luck! My scouts are out in the field looking high and low, but you two just wander right into my hideout!"

He folds his arms across his chest. "Oh, excuse me, I haven't introduced myself yet. I am the Leader of the Yiga Clan! The strong, the burly, the one, the only--!" he struck a fighting pose and Sheik reached for his Lyre. "Master Kohga! Now, prepare yourself!"

Kohga jumped back away from them and Sheik moved to the side, Lyre against his chest and eyes narrowed. "You think you can beat an actual Sheikah Warrior with this mockery of the clan?"

"M-mockery!? How dare you! The Yiga are feared across Hyrule, I brought a name to them!"

"You brought more problems to the Sheikah than they already had." He played a few strings on the Lyre, gaze entirely focused on the Yiga across from them. "This, none of this, will help make things better for us. You cannot fight fear with more fear!" The notes were strung out and the magic went through the shield Kohga had put up like it wasn't even there. It hit Kohga in the chest, knocking him back and Link took that moment to load a few arrows onto his bow and hit the Yiga Master. They climbed back to their feet, threw the shield back up and repeated their task of trying to launch rocks at Sheik.

"What would you know? You're an Ancient Sheikah, revered and respected. You have yet to see the way the Sheikah suffered. Chased to the mountain and stripped of our title of Warriors." The boulder was lined up and Link aimed the arrow at his head. "My father fought for the future of the Yiga Clan, guiding them to mastering the skills that belong to us. How can people expect us to suppress our own biology!? The very things that make us who we are."

The arrow flew, hit him in the mask and knocked him back. The boulder crashed into him and Sheik lowered the Lyre down. Kohga jumped back up and vanished from where he stood, appearing over the giant hole they'd taken notice of before. What he summoned this time was a metal spiked ball and Link reached for the Sheikah slate at his hip. "You carry with you the oldest magic of our clan, skills as old as those who first created the Sheikah. With you, we could create an entirely new area of Sheikah and Yiga!"

"Sorry, but I really have no interest in this." Sheik moved to the side, stepped behind Link and watched him activate magnesis on the slate. It took control of the metal ball and Link swung it down right into Kohga's head.

Kohga fell forward and crashed into the ground, dizzy and clearly exhausted. He dragged himself up to his feet, staggered and clutched his injured arm. "Who would've thought... I'd be done in like this... and by you two of all people." A second paused and Link thought he'd actually lost his mind when he started to stomp at the ground and throw a fit. "Do you think I'll just stand here and take this!?" A pause, the guy seemed to collect himself and then sighed. "I almost lost my temper there..." More like his mind. "Argh, what a pain... I can't go out this way. What to do, what to do..." He started laughing, widely, crazy and Link stepped back into Sheik's chest.

"I need to break out my serious moves... A secret technique taught by my father's and mother's father! It will... destroy you! This is the end!" He made a symbol with his hands, summoned another metal ball, and it dropped to the ground. "Ahahhaha--uh... huh. Maybe it's just a tad too big. Are you still over there?" They could barely hear him. "Well, no matter. Pretty soon you'll be gone! And not just from my line of sight! Only the Leader of the Yiga--" he started rambling and Sheik pulled a Dirk from his hip. He held it in his hand, looked at the ball and then threw it at it. The Dirk clanked against the ball and the force was just enough to make the ball start rolling toward Kohga. They heard him yell and then the ball rolled right into the holl taking Kohga with it. "Coward! I shall be remembered! The Yiga shall hunt you to the ends of Hyrule!"

"Well, that's the end of that." Sheik collected his Dirk and looked to the chest that appeared when Kohga fell. He kicked it open and reached down, pulling the Thunder Helm from it. "And we got the Thunder Helm. We should return it to the Gerudo."

"Well, that wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I do think we just murdered someone though." Link frowned and glanced back to the giant hole. "I hope he's alright."

Sheik let out a soft laugh and glanced over to Link with a fondness. "Don't worry, I'm sure he's fine. You are truly a good person though." He shook his head and made his way over to Link, his hand reaching up to cup Link's right cheek. He leaned forward, pressed a kiss to Link's forehead and then pulled away.

Link knew he had a stupid grin on his face, for once wondering if he needed a mask like Sheik had. He took the Sheikah slate from his waist and moved close to Sheik, linking their arms together and pulling the map up. He tapped the shrine near Gerudo Town and let the light envelop them to carry them to it. They ended up changing clothes inside the shrine, Link slipping into the Gerudo Vai clothes and Sheik into his makeshift version of the Sheikah's.

They headed inside the town and to the Chief's room, finding Riju missing and just Buliara standing beside the throne. Sheik made his way toward her first, a frown on his face. "Where is Lady Riju?"

"She's on the second floor. Normally, people aren't allowed into her sleeping quarters, but she has given you permission it seems." Something didn't sound right about that. She was a child, wasn't she? They were two full grown men. They definitely shouldn't be inside a childs room. Link didn't focus on that for too long since Buliara smacked the tip of her sword into the ground. "Be on your best manners. If she deems you to be a disturbance to her, it will not end well for you!" They both nodded and turned away from Buliara.

They took the stairs to the second floor and thankfully, by one of the Goddesses, Riju wasn't actually inside her bedroom and in bed but standing outside looking out. Link let out a breath he was holding, ignoring Sheik's confused glance, and approached the Chief of the Gerudo. "I've been waiting for you." Sheik went to pull the Thunder Helm out but Riju continued to speak. "Oh, you needn't say a word. As the chief of the Gerudo, I can sense the power of the heirloom flowing from you. I know that you've succeeded! I am, as you have no doubt noticed, still but a child." Link definitely noticed that. "The people look at me with nothing but warmth in their eyes, but even this brings me some pain. I must admit, I've tried so hard to be worthy of their love. To be a worthy chief... and to prove to myself that I was worthy, too. When my family heirloom was stolen I felt as though a shadow had fallen over me."

Sheik shifted next to him and Link wondered if he had felt similar to her in some regard. He had the mantle of Tribe Leader thrown at him during the worst time for it, expressing his own desire to see the Sheikah grow to become something more. To be at the edge where he wouldn't be able to do that considering everything. Link couldn't relate to either of them when it came to this, and it left him at a loss of words. Sheik just seemed to think it was better to listen than comment, and sometimes that was all someone needed.

"Yes, your arrival in the midst of all of this must be the word of Lady Urbosa." He'll let her think that. "Now, please give me the Thunder Helm." This time they did retrieve it and pass it over. Riju took the helm and slid it onto her face, twisting around to show the both of them. "Um. How do I look?" It's way too big for her. In fact, the moment she let go it slanted forward and covered her entire face rather than just her eyes.

"Um--it looks gre--"

"It's way too big."

They both spoke at the same time and Riju paused, adjusting it on her head as silence lapsed between the three of them. "...You don't say." She shook her head, adjusted it again and spoke. "The threat Divine Beast Vah Naboris poses has only grown since we began searching for the Heirloom. I believe that Gerudo Town itself may be in danger before too long. As chief, and as a Gerudo, I must find some way to stop that thing before it threatens my people. Will you help me?"

"It would be our honor, Lady Riju." Sheik bowered, as elegant and polite as someone accustomed to royalty and streatened back up. Link nodded his own head and bumped shoulders with his partner.

"Heheh, who would have thought that, just before such a momentous battle, hearing a simple, confident pledge of support from you would be what puts me at ease." She pulled the helm off and smiled at them pleasantly. "I'll head out now. Let's meet up at the lookout post south of town. There's only one way to get close to Naboris, and that's with the help of a sand seal. The lookout post isn't too far from town. But, you should take a sand seal there. You can get some practice in that way. I'll be there waiting for you with my favorite sand seal, Patricia." As she walked away from them she adjusted the Thunder Helm in her hands and sighed. Still... it really is a little big."  

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

140K 3.8K 200
Before you walk into this book, I suggest you carry a bible and some holy water. Also, tissues and some food... "Time to smash it!" - Harry. starte...
28.8K 1.3K 15
➸ 𝙄𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 the princess of Night goes through an unexpected nightmare and lives to tell the tale. ( azriel x fem!oc ) ...
1.4K 15 16
Hearing the plea of Princess Zelda, a small guardian travels backward in time to warn the Kingdom of Hyrule of the Calamity fast approaching, with Ze...
60.8K 2.9K 44
So, basically, the humans have turned against the witches. Poor (M/n) was told by his family to run and leave them behind, which he did. He flew with...