King's Bunny ||TaeKook||

By BunTeaHunter

Thump! Thump! Thump! Goes a little bunny on its feet. Who would think that such a creature be acting bigger f... More

1//Thump!
2//Your Majesty
3//Arrow to the Knee
4//Well, hello there
5//Your name
6//Little Hopper
7//Who the hell?
8//Bunny v.s Kitty
9//This might be bad
10//Caught in a Lie
11//Mine
12//Forgiven
13//My ----
14//Bunny Trap
15//Loathing & Charms
16//His Protectors
17//Maddening Pleasure
18//Puzzled Feeling
19//Thumper
20//How it Started
22//A Tiger's Epiphany
23//How are you?
24//It wasn't Tea
25//Black Cat = Unlucky?
26//The Ballroom Prologue
27//The Ballroom Pt.1
28//The Ballroom Pt.2
29// The Ballroom END
30//Lucky to Laugh, to Love
31// Where Hearts; Connect
32// The King's Bunny

21//두 남동생 = Validation

2.4K 185 50
By BunTeaHunter

It was silent in the Ballroom, only the sound of footsteps echoing with each step paired with a pencil dancing throughout a sheet of paper as words come alive with every stroke. The colours of white pops out over the carpet's deep shades of red.

There were two hybrids present within the open space of the room, one was dressed in all white as some sort of angel who descended from the Heavens while the other also bear the same colour, but only from their ears and tail.

The latter described opened his mouth and a beautiful lower octave voice filled the entire room.

"Will the hybrids from the North be able to attend for this upcoming event?"

Taehyung questioned the hybrid in white, who never took off their eyes on the notes in their hand. He sees them bow slightly at the question and shifted their eyes to meet the King's, a soft voice leaves their lips.

"I've delivered the letters to confirm their arrival and it seems that all the Kingdoms will be present this week"

"Good, are there any other possible complications that we need to discuss, Kai?"

The Butler and the King are all reviewing the check list to make sure all will go smoothly in the upcoming royal party where all the Rulers meet one another as some sort of business meetings with companies. Every Kingdom takes turns on who will be hosting these parties and for this year, it is Taehyung's turn.

It would be his 2nd time hosting these kinds of parties and he particularly isn't quite fond of them. The tiger is already known for his reserved and closed self, but he still manages to form many peace and alliances with the other Kingdoms. He's just not a party hybrid.

As King, he cannot exactly go to a corner of the room with a drink on his hand and keep still. Taehyung has no choice, but to communicate with the other Rulers and some of their invited guests as well to keep up their connections and alliances.

For now, he just wants this party to be done as soon as possible, so he wishes their reviewing is finished as well.

"I do thought of one possibility about this party, your Majesty"

"What is that?"

Hyuka's expression was nothing, but a smile plastered on it. Out of most hybrids' surprise, the King could understand and relate more to the deer than most of his men. Other than the General, the Butler and him have similar personalities.

They rather express quietly than loudly unlike their Marshal and Royal Assassin. Both held enigmatic auras and have been taught to be proper at all cost in their training, having to lock these said emotions as a result.

However, what he held pride on his Butler is his straightforward answers and holding no fear with presenting his opinions and words. Taehyung taught him well to not ever shut their ideas out, instead always share them instead.

"The other Rulers would most likely bring their daughters and sons in an another attempt to convince you in a marriage"

The King winced at the mentions of the princes and princesses, the deer smiled down on his notes as he continues.

"From my observation, it's not shocking as to why these Kingdoms are all available for the party.." Hyuka glanced up at his Majesty's face to see his reaction "They all have plans to form deeper connections with our Kingdom. We are seen as the most wanted and powerful one after all"

There are times where the King have thought that the Butler role does not fit the younger in front of him. The deer's capabilities is too big for the role, but it's been confessed that being his butler is by far he's most treasured job.

Plus, many seem to underestimate the tall prey due to his role and Hyuka had taken many advantages of it. In the end, it was the deer who find out there was a traitor in their castle first. Yeonjun only confirmed it.

"Must I voice out about my undesire to marry? There is a possibility of conflicts forming if I ever attempt to tell them"

"If you must hear my opinions on this.. then you should inform them about you already interested"

"By interested, you mean I have my eyes set on a hybrid?"

"It's not technically a lie, your Majesty" for some reason, with the way the deer moved his words indicated it has a double meaning, but the King did not dwell further into it.

It would be a good option to at least inform them of his interest on a hybrid, meaning no more of them being persistent on pushing their children onto the poor King. However, the tiger still is having second thoughts with this idea.

"Although it might prevent them from putting their little ones into my arms, is it still necessary to do so?"

The deer nodded.

"Elaborate then"

Taehyung should've never doubted even for a second towards his Butler. Even when the tiger became the youngest King in history and managed to climb his Kingdom to the top, he did not work for it on his own two feet.

All of his men have done their parts perfectly with no fail and they were by all means, the King's Pride.

That includes them knowing their said King and his mind set. So what the deer said next made Taehyung's breath hitched once it registered.

"Well.. we wouldn't want our dear Consort to gain any negative emotions if all he sees is his husband be smothered with affection and rings from other hybrids, would we?"

Truly, they know the tiger too well for his own good.

"Kai.."

"Oh, I apologize" the deer coughed in his palm to clear his throat before he sweetly says "... would we, your Majesty?"

"I might have given you and the others too much freedom of speech..."

Hyuka chuckled at that.

But before they could dwell in their conversation topic, a small creak of a door opening echoed throughout the room and it averted the two hybrids' attention onto the entrance.

Two pairs made eye contact with one and the latter gasped when they were seen.

"Soobin?"

The fidgeting bunny sputtered at seeing the two figures in the middle of the Ballroom and is thinking whether he should shut the door or form words. The poor kid still needs time to feel comfortable being around his men other than Taehyun. He's glad Yeonjun seemed to have broken through his shy walls.

"Hello there, little one" the King softened his tone to not scare the bunny away in hopes to make his shoulders lose their tension.

"Y-Your Majesty! I apologize for intruding"

"No need to apologize, Soobin. Are you looking for someone? Or are you just roaming around the castle?"

The bunny was hesitant to answer the King, still clearly shy and seems more on wanting to leave than speak to any of them. However, he is a hybrid with manners, Jungkook prioritizes respect and kindness after all.

"I.. thi-.. this is.. the Ballroom is.. my favorite p-place.."

"Is that so, little one?"

Soobin nodded, trying his best to maintain eye contact to the King out of respect. The two brothers are quite opposites in the older's opinion, with the younger one being more timid and shy while his brother is more blunt and forward.

The thought of contrasting personalities also leads to him thinking of his own with his little bear. Beomgyu is always so energetic and full of life, unlike he's more restricted hyung.

Taehyung turned to dismiss the deer butler, who bowed at his order and smiled at Soobin before turning to leave the room. Once he was out, the King shifted his gaze towards to the trembling bunny, which made him grow concern.

This is the first time the bunny is really left alone with the King. Whenever he meets the white tiger, he always has another hybrid present in the room, especially Taehyun. However, now it's just the two of them and his nerves are going haywire.

"Relax, Soobin... I may be your King, but I'm not one to easily get aggravated and lock you in my chambers"

"Y-Y-You have a chamber?"

"Where else would I put bad bunnies?"

A squeaked left the younger and Taehyung felt bad for making the joke, but he cannot deny it made him amused at the bunny's reaction. He starts to think if it's only the bunny hybrids who gives the best reactions, but it might just be his preference.

"It was a joke, Soobin"

"It's funny, your Majesty "

The younger nervously chuckled, but the tiger did not bought his words.

"No need for flattery" Taehyung lifted his palm towards the bunny, signaling him to walk inside as if the latter needs permission to enter the room "I do have something to tell you. It is with utmost importance that you must hear it"

It took a while for the younger to step inside and walk towards the King, his movement was slow and hesitant. The older could understand his guard around him, he was the one who should supposedly lock his brother up and punish him for his crimes.

It must've been quite shocking to the little one that his hyung ended up being engaged to the King rather than getting tormented by him.

How can Taehyung hurt such a hybrid so courageous and so beautiful? Jeon Jungkook is truly a gem.

And that's what the topic is about.

"It is about your brother.. Jungkook.."

The bunny flinched at that, but the soft features the older is showing made his panicked state relax, seeming it not a bad case. So with a tremble in his voice, Soobin asked bravely.

"What about my hyung?"

"He'll be okay.."

Soobin made a sound of confusion at that, but a large hand went forward to pat his head in a gentle manner, causing more confused sounds out of the bunny.

The King remembered his words back in the halls, where Taehyun listened to his pleas to stop his brother from being Thumper. It is understandable how desperate the poor bunny is to stop Jungkook from continuing on with being a protector, the tiger cannot even imagine his bunny bleeding and holding many deep wounds, he grimace at the mere image of it.

"You wish for your hyung to stop hurting, don't you" another pat on the head paired with a smile of reassurance "I will grant that wish for you, little one"

Soobin's eyes widened in realization on what the King is implying and he felt his body tremble, tears starts forming in his eyes as they made contact to those filled with sincerity.

"For once.. Jungkook will be protected and not be the one who has to protect"

"Your- Your.. Your Majesty-" a choked sob cut his words "Thank- Thank you- I.. I can't-"

"No need for gratitude, little one. You've done your part as his supportive and kind-hearted brother... I will do mine as well"

The younger tries his best to wipe away his tears, but fresh ones kept pouring out and he can't help the hiccups forming in his throat. However, immense relief flooded through the bunny's body after being reassured from the King.

He had went through such torture into seeing the hybrid he dearly loves and admire go through so much pain, asking for nothing in return.

Soobin doesn't ask for much, he just wants Jungkook to go back to the way he used to. Being Thumper, who saves the bullied hybrids... not the Thumper, who craves to closely meeting death and suffering.

"You are one brave bunny, Soobin. I can see how you and Jungkook are brothers, two of the most courageous bunnies I've ever met" the older moved his hand towards the younger's shoulder and gave it a comforting squeeze "May your mind and heart finally be at peace, Soobin"

"Your Majesty-.."

"As your King, may you please listen to my orders?"

After all the words and promises the tiger have said to Soobin, it made the latter determined to do whatever he's ordered to do as a way to return a favour. With a vigorous nod, Taehyung's lips quirked up.

"I order you to call me hyung from now on.."

Soobin's eyes burst in tears, one more time. Not because of how kind the tiger is, not because his brother will finally be alright.

He already felt relief of it..

It's all because he felt that his feelings are seen and not ignored or unheard. Taehyung saw them and accepted it with open arms.

•••••••-•••••-•••••••

The process of cooking pasta was going smoothly with Jungkook being in charge with making the sauce while the Prince cooks the pasta. The latter never really tried to cook due to already having a chef in the castle, so he was quite nervous to do anything at intermediate level.

"Hey.. hyung.."

Jungkook looked away from his cooking to stare at a pair of nervous ones. Seeing this, the older grew concern for the bear, almost thinking he accidentally burnt himself.

"I.. I-I.. I just want to.. he-hear your opinion.."

"What is that, Gyu?" The bunny turned off the stove so he could fully give his attention to the fidgeting hybrid and smiled at him reassuringly.

Beomgyu almost melted at the little action by the older, it helped made his tense shoulder relax at how serious the Consort was taking in his words. He never doubted his idol even for a second.

"Uhm.. w-what.. how.. how much d-do you think.. I mean- how important are.. t-traditions are to you?"

It was a good question in the bunny's opinion. Many have debates with such topics and had caused many fights as well, he's not one to join such bandwagons and decided to speak his mind with honesty.

"In my opinion, it depends on the person since traditions come in all different sizes you could say... but.." Jungkook looked up at the crown being worn by the bear cub before going back to his eyes "You mustn't really follow them if it's not to your liking or feel pressured at the very least. It's your life after all.."

"Then.. what about.. old traditions?"

"Personally, I think they suck ass" this made Beomgyu giggle at such a blunt answer from him and the older smiled at him before proceeding.

"I've seen how these hybrids, especially the elders, hold onto these old traditions or rules desperately as some form of 'keeping the history of our ancestors alive' and I think it's bullshit"

The Prince's eyes brightened and his whole face perked up on the bunny's words. It's almost as if he was desperate to hear them and felt immense joy at this. Jungkook could easily guess where this conversation is going, but he wanted the bear to bring up the topic himself.

His speech continued on.

"I'm only against traditions that actually damaged the Kingdom and its people, plus, we live in the modern days and things are far different now than those times... I think it's best to also 'modernize' these said traditions"

"Oh my God, I completely agree with you, hyung!"

"... Gyu.." Jungkook's eyes says it all and the younger's breath hitched at this. He wasn't exactly the best at being subtle and was scolded many times for always exposing himself and his emotions.

However, the bunny's aura is more open and.. embracing. He felt like he could tell everything to the other with no sense of fear in getting judged or ridiculed for having his own set of opinions. Always willing to hear how others feel and Beomgyu never felt grateful to have his hyung be engaged to such a wonderful hybrid.

So with a small quiver in his tone, he finally admitted it.

"I.. I don't want to be the next King..."

Beomgyu squeezed his eyes shut after spilling his secret, but he heard nothing from the older for a few seconds.. until..

"And I think you should drop the position if don't want to"

"Y-You.." once the Prince opened his eyes, he didn't realize how blurry they were due to all the bottled up emotions he tried to hide.

"You're a hybrid with your own feelings and opinions. Do whatever makes you happy.. enjoy being alive" Jungkook came forward to pat the trembling young Prince's head before softly speaking.

"Tell me, Gyu. What do you want be when you grow up?"

Finally. For the first time in Beomgyu's life, someone finally asked the question he wanted to hear ever since he was only a true bear cub with too many responsibilities for such a young age.

Now... his feelings matters. It felt like they matter now, that he can cry and be allowed to open up with no judgement.

"I-I... I want to be a- a musician.. play a guitar... and ma- make.. make s-songs"

"Sounds wonderful, Gyu. Maybe.. once my conditions are good enough to leave the castle.." Jungkook smiled at the watery face from the younger, wiping a falling tear away before proceeding "We could go to a store and buy yourself a guitar"

"Y-Yes..... please"

The young bear's voice quivered at the end and Jungkook only continued patting his head in a comforting manner as he lets the former pour out his emotions.

Although, there are things in the back of Jungkook's mind that he cannot understand, for now he will keep it to himself and focused on the younger hybrid in front of him.

After a few breaths and constant reassurance from the Prince, the cooking continued, but the atmosphere changed to a more peaceful and opened one as the older hears Beomgyu humming to himself. A smile appeared on his face at hearing the sounds.

However, the peace was cut off when the bunny watched Beomgyu suddenly taking one string of pasta out of the pot. He assumed the bear would take a bite, but his eyes widened when he sees him throw the pasta on the wall.

It's now sticking on said wall as the two started bickering at each other.

"Why did you throw pasta on the wall?!"

"So I could know if it's cooked enough!"

"Who taught you this?"

"Jin hyung!!!" The bunny now has mixed feelings on his impression for the Councilor at this information. He cannot imagine such a hybrid who's aura screams proper and sophisticated throwing pasta on the wall.

The bear cub pointed at the stuck pasta as if it's some sort of evidence towards a crime scene and he's innocent.

"Look hyung! It worked! He said it means the pasta is cooked right when it sticks!"

Seeing the poor string staying on the wall even after their argument that lasted for a few minutes, it made Jungkook consider the tip.

So without any words being spoken, the bunny took another string and threw the pasta rather aggressively, his eyes widening in wonder when it stays on the wall, unmoving.

The two stared at each other with grins on their faces, and they slowly reached out to grab more strings, but a voice stopped them from continuing their actions with an unimpressed tone.

"What exactly are you two doing?"

They both flinched and snapped their heads towards the owner of the voice. Cheeks reddening in embarrassment at being caught for doing something rather.. childish.

"Y-Y-Yoongi hyungie!"

"Mind telling me as to why you two are throwing food on the wall?"

As Beomgyu tries to explain their weird antics towards the black cat, Jungkook openly stared at the General in front of him. He has seen the older plenty of times and had already experienced being pointed by a sword from him in their first few meetings.

However, this is a first for him. Yoongi always wore his armor or some sort of heavy combat gears ready to protect any unsuspecting attacks from within the castle. Today, the cat does have a sword strapped to his back, gloved hands and some daggers nestled in a thigh garter.

Although his overall attire is nothing, but soft. It can be shocking to see the General all bundled up in an oversized grey sweater paired with fluffed up hair and glasses. Who knew this cat could easily take down 5 predators all by himself?

Without his mind processing his words, Jungkook cut through the bear's rambles only to say to the older.

"You look really fluffy.."

He soon realized his mistake after hearing the Prince choke on air in laughter while the older raised his brow at him, clearly judging.

"Being called fluffy.. is a first for me..."

"I'm sorry.." Jungkook stared at the General's look up and down, not being subtle at all before saying again "You really do look fluffy.. like.. cotton candy..."

They both stared at each other in silence as Beomgyu tries not to snort, clearly finding the bunny's awkwardness hilarious. Jungkook wanted to bury himself in a well and to never come back up after he continues to embarrass himself in front of his own so-called 'idol'.

Yoongi shook his head at him instead and walked towards the stoves where the two younger ones were cooking, not before muttering.

"Taehyung has weird taste.."

To which the bunny picked up on as his animal ears twitched at the words, his face flushed in two different emotions, one is of embarrassment while the other is a bit more.. giddy?

"I'll be doing the rest here, you did good in making the sauce, Jungkook" The black cat puts on a pastel blue apron with hamster printings on them and focused on getting some ingredients "Exceptionally well with the pasta as well, Gyu"

A sense of pride swelled in both the young hybrids' hearts at hearing such praises from the oldest.

They are being shooed away and was asked to wait for the other hybrids. It's been informed that a certain Butler saw the two cooking and went around the castle to deliver to the others about an upcoming dinner together.

Jungkook was shocked at this information, his ears had not picked up any footsteps at all when he and the Prince were cooking. He was confused on how the deer easily bypassed them without a sound.

"It is good to see you on your two feet, Jungkook hyung"

Speak of the Devil, the bunny jumped at the sudden presence of a figure beside him. The deer at times can be such a mystery and Jungkook's head is too scrambled to really try to understand him.

"Y-Yeah.. I'm happy to see your face, Hyuka"

A bright smile appeared at the younger's face at that. It made the bunny think just how unique and pretty the Butler is on closer inspection.

"I'm actually here to accompany you two to our dining quarters that's located in the Kingdom's private garden"

"A private garden?" The bunny asked and was then brought into a side hug by the smiling Prince.

"Yeah! You'll love it there, Thumper hyung! We can go run around and play together!"

Hyuka explained how it's a favored place amongst the King's men especially the young ones such as himself. The bunny could understand the reason due to the fresh breeze and warm sunlight, even he prefers it more.

Just as the trio is about to turn to the location of said garden, two hybrids walked through the doors and Jungkook's eyes widened at the scene.

Soobin is holding onto the King's sleeves and follows him like some baby chick, shyly smiling up at the tiger as he speaks to which Jungkook is unable to hear from their distance.

Then the King turned his head and sees his brother clinging onto the older bunny. Immediately, his hand covered his mouth to prevent a smile from showing as he sees his two important hybrids be comfortable with each other.

As the distance shortened on each passing steps, the youngest siblings smiled at their hyungs once they're close enough, but the said hyungs were distracted. Taehyung and Jungkook didn't bring down their stare as they come face-to-face with each other.

Only until their lips slowly lift up into a fond and bright smile, unable to help themselves.

Beomgyu and Soobin watched the two with matching grins, not missing the way both of their hyungs' eyes sparkles and their face brightening. The younge ones are happy that their brothers found each other and that for once in their life... they know that everything will now be okay.

Cause the King has his Consort.

*******•*****•*******
Author-nim:

How lovely, how beautiful, how heartwarming it is to just see the tiger and bunny smile because of each other. Step-by-step their connections get stronger that even their brothers could see it. Almost as if they were meant to be.

Aaaaah! I'm so excited for the next chapter! I'm going to write it as soon I can since I'm excited to see your reactions! Although.. don't expect too much fjekkfkek 💜

Thank you all for reading! 💛

CREDITS:
Ballroom: Marie Antoinette's Playhouse//Tumblr

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...