Music To My Ears

By DragonicSlayer

Y/N is a shy and introverted boy. He doesn't like interacting with people and prefers to be alone with his mu... More

Chapter 1: Lovely Sound
Chapter 2: Make a Beat
Chapter 3: Pump Up This Grade
Chapter 4: Forming Bonds
New Cover!!!
Chapter 6: Date?
I'm alive
Chapter 7: Regrets

Chapter 5: Spark

1.2K 31 74
By DragonicSlayer

A/N: Y/N apparently now has an "ass fetish" because he needs it now. Royal and Star told me so.

The person who made the art above is Luxpineapple.

A whistle is blown as Y/N and Miku tried to finish their run. "Come on slowpokes!" Ichika shouted as she blows the whistle again.

Both Y/N and Miku struggle to finish as their legs feel like they were going to fall off. "We're trying!" Y/N yelled.

"Try harder!" Ichika told him as she blew the whistle again.

Y/N places a hand on Miku's back. She looks at him and they lock eyes. "We can do this. We're so close," he told her.

Miku takes her eyes off him and looks forward. She gathers whatever energy she has left within her body and pushes forward. She lets out a little scream as her legs were in agony. "Come on!" she thought.

Y/N pushed forward as well to keep up with her. They were both sides by side and jog past Ichika. "There we go!" Ichika told them.

Y/N and Miku fall to their knees and finally relax. "Let's never do a run that long ever again," Miku said.

"I have no arguments," he said.

"I say we hold off on doing a run this long for now. But when you two get into shape, then we can attempt this again," Ichika said.

"NO!" they both shouted at the same time.

Ichika chuckles. "Alright, but don't complain when this gets too easy," she told them before walking away. "I'm going to get you guys some water. I'll be right back."

"Okay," they replied.

Both sat on the ground, tired. Miku decides to take off her shirt and just leave her sports bra on. Y/N blushes and asks "what are you doing?!"

"Taking this off. It's filled with sweat," she answered.

Y/N was confused as he was didn't know about Miku believing that half-naked is not naked. Even if he did, he still probably would be confused and blush as hard as he did just now. "Um... okay," he replied.

Miku placed both of her hands on the ground and looks up at the sly and closes her eyes. Y/N looked at her and was stunned. She looked so beautiful and he couldn't help but think that. He wanted to admit his feelings, but he didn't understand them nor would his anxiety allow it.

He knew that he was attracted to her but didn't understand his romantic feelings as they were completely foreign. He was already pushing it with his anxiety as he was out here with Miku doing a jog.

So he sat back and looked at the ground. Miku takes a deep breath out and looks at Y/N. She notices the melancholy look on his face. "Are you ok?" she asked him.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, I'm fine," he answered.

"Are you sure?" she further questioned. "You looked really sad just now."

"I..." he was trying to come up with a lie that would work. "I'm just worried about the quiz. It's tomorrow and if I fail, my mom is going to keep my phone and headphones until I graduate school. Not even."

"I'm sure you'll do just fine. You're a lot smarter than me," she told him.

"Clearly not when it comes to history," he retorted.

Miku chuckles. "You know what I mean," she told him.

"I know. And thank you. You have no idea how much I appreciate you going out of your way to help me," he replied.

"It's no problem," Miku said with a slight blush.

Ichika comes back with two water bottles in hand. "Here you go," she said before handing them to her sister and Y/N.

They grab the bottles, unscrew the caps, and drink the water so fast, one would think they were trying to set a world record for drinking water. The water was gone and in their stomachs now. "Wow, you don't really are tired," Ichika commented.

"Yeah, and I gotta head home now," Y/N said before standing up. "DAMN IT, MY LEGS!!!!"

He places his hands on his knees to prevent himself from falling to the ground. "Are you ok?" Ichika and Miku asked.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. I just have to head home now. Thanks for today Ichika and Miku," he told them.

"It's no problem," they told him before he walks away.

Once he was out of earshot, Ichika sits down beside Miku and wraps her arm around her sister. "Sooooooooooooooooooooooo, did he or you confess?" she asked her.

"Really? Now?" Miku asked.

"Come on, just tell me," she said.

Miku sighs. "No. And I don't think either of us confessing after we were drenched in sweat and just got done with a run," she told her.

"Eh, I'm sure you'll confess to each other eventually," Ichika said.

"I hope so," Miku said. "I really like him."

Ichika pulls Miku closer and tells her sister "if you need any help, I'm here for you. And so are the rest of us quints. But only call upon Nino if you want Y/N to get stabbed."

"I won't need Nino," Miku told her.

"Good," Ichika said. "Now, let's head home."

Ichika stands up and waits for Miku to stand up. "Can you carry me?" she asks her sister.

Ichika chuckles to herself. "Yeah, I can," she said before picking Miku up in her arms.

"Thanks," Miku told her.

"Anything for my sister," Ichika said as she carried her sister home.

Tomorrow comes and Y/N gets up out of bed right before his alarm went off. It beeps for not even half a second before he pressed the mute button. He jumps out of bed, luckily without a dry mouth, and gets his uniform on.

He gets out of his room, goes to the bathroom, and brushes his teeth as quickly as possible. After that, he rushes out and grabs a banana to eat during his walk to school. His mom comes out and looks at him, surprised he was up earlier than he should have or normally is.

He looks at her and says "hey, I'm about to head to school, can I have my phone?"

"Uh, sure," she said before pulling it out and handing it to him. "I'm surprised you're up this early."

"I went to bed early so I would be ready for today," he said while taking the phone and peeling the banana. He tells a bite and tells his mother "I'll see you later!"

He rushes out and she places her hands on her hips. "Let's see how this plays out," she said.

Y/N rushes to school, prepared for his quiz. He had to wait for a few classes but eventually, he would sit in his history and have the quiz in front of him. The moment he walked into his history class, him and his teacher locked eyes.

"I've heard that you studied," Mr. Rekishi said.

"I have and I am going to pass this quiz," he retorted.

"We'll see. I wish you the best," his teacher told him.

Y/N walks away and sits down at his seat. His heart rate was higher than it normally would be but he brushed it off. He has gotten used to his heart rate being extremely high after all of the runs he went on with Miku.

He waited for class to begin and eventually it did. Mr. Rekishi went around handing out the papers. "Remember, this is a quiz. Take your time and do your best. If you finish early, hand it over to me and I'll grade it right away. But still, take your time," he told his class before sitting at his desk.

Y/N looked at the quiz and started answering. Tiem goes by and it was lunch. Miku got what she normally gets and walked over to the table she sat at with her sisters. "Hey Miku," they said as she sat her plate down.

"Hey- whoa!!" she said as someone suddenly picked her up.

It was Y/N and he was holding her up as he hugged the girl. "Y/N?!" Miku said.

He puts her down as the other sisters got up to look at them. "Hey, I'm sorry but I'm just super excited because I got an 88% on my quiz!" he told her.

Miku grins and says "that's amazing!"

She hugs him and buries her head into his chest as he was significantly taller than her. "That's awesome!" Ichika said.

The other sisters join in and congrats Y/N. Nino folds her arms and says "it's ok."

"Says the girl who can't get more than an 18% in history," Miku bluntly said.

"Hey!" she shouted.

All of the girls chuckle at Nino's expense. "I'm off. You guys enjoy your lunch," he said before taking off.

"We will," Yotsuba shouted at him.

The girls all go to sit back down and Ichika looks at Miku. "You know, I do think that you and him would make a great couple," Ichika told Miku.

"Hmm, I guess," Miku said.

"I think so too. Seeing you two hug was pretty cute and seeing how you and him have been working out together, I really think you two could make it work," Itsuki told him.

"I do too. But every time I feel like speaking with him about it, I get butterflies in my stomach. And I bet the same thing happens with him," Miku said. "There are just times where I'm saying over and over again in my head 'please, please just get to know me' but I can never say it."

"Want me to tell him that you like him?" Nino asked her.

"NO!" Miku said. "Please, just let me handle this."

"If you say so," Nino said before digging into her food.

Yotsuba places a hand on Miku's shoulder and tells her "good luck."

"Thanks," Miku said with a smile.

A few hours go by and Miku was home and in her room and getting ready to go to bed for the night. She got into her pajamas and crawled into bed. She was ready to go to sleep but hears her phone go off with a notification.

"Huh?" she said before looking at her phone.

She grabbed it and saw that she received a text from Y/N. She opens her phone and sees the text read "hey."

She texts back "hey."

"I'm sorry to bother you know, but there's something I wanted to ask you."

"What's that?"

"Since you helped me out a lot and thanks to you helping me, I passed my quiz. So I wanted to give thanks by maybe taking you out to eat. Would you want to do that?"

Miku's eyes widened and a blush formed on her face. It took a while to respond as she reread the text to make sure she didn't misread it at all. After she was sure that he asked her out, she texts back "yeah, I don't see why not. That sounds good."

"Awesome!" he replied. "Could I see you Saturday?"

"Yes."

"Alright. See you then."

"Okay. See ya."

Both of them put their phones aside and lay on their backs. As they sunk into their beds, they stared at the ceiling. "What the hell am I doing?" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 130 19
2 years. 2 very long years of living in Greece with his parents, a boy manages to go back to Japan! by using his best friends family, he learns that...
336K 10K 69
Ichika Nakano's life changed when she met that boy As you can see in the title its a Ichika Nakano x Male Reader story. I pick Ichika because of some...
17.3K 485 33
After Fuutaro collapsed on his school trip, an admirer couldn't bear to look at him exhausted like that. He decided to help his „Idol" out, how will...
23.9K 740 15
Y/N L/N, is a teenager who lives alone and who has an addiction for alcohol... What will happen when he has to tutor five dumb girls with his best fr...