Limitless Hope [Jujutsu Kaise...

By wanderingsoulll

Abandoned as a child, your only friend in the world was Itadori Yuuji. Although life had not always been kin... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII

VII

2.7K 110 48
By wanderingsoulll

Chapter Seven: Nothing

"Then have faith in me, partner," Yuuji said as he smiled his gentle smile.

You stared at him with a slight frown at first then hardened your gaze into a glare, "You better not die, okay?!" you scolded.

He only continued to smile wordlessly as Fushiguro grabbed your hand and dragged you away. This time there were no flips or whatsoever, you willingly followed the dark haired male because you trusted your best friend.

Even though you knew it was almost impossible for Yuuji to deal with the Special Grade by himself, you trusted him to find a way somehow.

If you could not even trust your best friend, who were you supposed to trust?

He was your everything.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After running around aimlessly, you squinted at a particular region of the building, noticing a familiar Cursed Energy.

It was Nobara's.

"Fushiguro! Nobara is that way!" you exclaimed as you ran towards where Nobara was.

The dark haired male turned towards you, "How did you know?!" he called out as he chased after you.

"Can't you see it?! Her Cursed Energy is literally right there!" you shouted as you continued to sprint towards where Nobara was, and sure enough, you found her, "There!"

Noticing that Nobara was in a pinch, Fushiguro summoned the Great Serpent, one of his Shikigami, and attacked the Curse that had captured Nobara. He had also summoned Toad which helped rescue Nobara from her situation as the Great Serpent devoured the Curse.

The Toad that had rescued the brown haired girl then chucked her into its mouth.

"We're escaping, Kugisaki!" Fushiguro exclaimed, informing her about the situation.

Nobara only had a sad and rather disgusted look drawn onto her face, "I hate frogs, you know..."

"Yeah, well, sorry!" Fushiguro scolded.

"We don't have time for this, Fushiguro, let's get out of here!" you shouted as you stepped back, getting ready to sprint out of the building with your classmates.

The exit came into sight and you bit onto your bottom lip as you picked up the two of your friends, throwing them onto your shoulders as you made a dash for it.

You were a much quicker runner compared to them.

Standing at the exit was Ijichi who had a worried look etched onto his face. Nobara was handed to him as you switched your gaze towards Fushiguro, and though you said nothing, he could tell that you were practically begging for him to give Yuuji a sign that the lot of you had made it out safely.

Fushiguro clasped his hands together to form a sign and summoned his Gyokuken. Looking at the black Divine Dog, you could only frown after what had happened to Shiro.

The black wolf dog then howled loudly, signalling to Yuuji that it was safe for him to transform now. You stared into the building and, thankfully, Yuuji's cursed energy was still present, which reassured you greatly. Now everything was going to be alright, or so you thought...

You knelt down and patted on the black Divine Dog, "I'm gonna name you Kuro, okay?" you smiled, gently, yet with a hint of guilt lingering at the tips of your lips, "I'm sorry, Kuro, but Shiro didn't make it out..."

Kuro only whimpered lightly as his head hung low. You patted him gently to soothe him and in the meantime, Fushiguro helped Ijichi put Nobara into the car.

He had also asked Ijichi to expand the evacuation area due to the threat level of the curse.

"What about you and Shimori-san?" the man asked.

Fushiguro looked back to see you standing next to Kuro as you stared towards the building, "Y/N and I will stay here and wait for Itadori to return," he said, turning back to face Ijichi.

"I see," Ijichi replied, "After I take Kugisaki-san to the hospital, I'll return as quickly as possible."

The dark haired boy only shook his head, "No, there wouldn't be much point in you staying here."

Ijichi only shrunk into his car seat after Fushiguro's comment.

"If you want to do something, please ask them to send over a Grade 1 Sorcerer or higher," Fushiguro said as he crossed his arms, "Not that I imagine any are around."

"I'll do what I can, now please excuse me," Ijichi said as he rolled up the car windows and drove off.

Fushiguro stared at the building then at your figure, preparing for the worst case scenario; if Yuuji loses control.

It was pouring lightly, your hair was slightly soaked but because you had your hair up in a ponytail, it was not much of a mess. (if you have no ponytail then your hair is just not messy lol)

You stared at the building as you continued to pat the Divine Dog. However, it was suddenly called back. You snapped your head towards Fushiguro who was walking towards you with his hands in his pocket, "You good?" he asked.

Frowning a little at his question, you lowered your head before returning your gaze to the distant building, "I'm fine, Yuuji will be fine so... I'm fine," you said. It was forced optimism, anyone could tell that you were worried and that you knew it was hard for Yuuji to come out unscathed.

Fushiguro only stayed silent as he watched you from his peripheral vision for a while before focusing on the detention centre.

As you stared at the building, you watched as a sudden burst of Cursed Energy appeared. You were able to discern who it belonged to and it turned out to belong to the infamous King of Curses. Narrowing your eyes to focus on the Cursed Energies present, you watched as the Special Grade's Cursed Energy completely disappeared.

And right at that moment, the innate domain that was present in the detention centre disappeared. Your cheeks raised as you smiled.

It was finally over! You could finally return back to school and Yuuji would be treated!

However, there was a sudden flash of a Cursed Energy, and that Cursed Energy belonged to Sukuna. You watched it all happen in a split second as he appeared behind Fushiguro.

Your body tensed up as you pulled Fushiguro towards you and shoved him behind you in that split second.

Before Fushiguro could even react, he was already shielded by you as he stood behind you.

You positioned yourself into a fighting stance as you glared at the King of Curses.

"Oh? You're a fast one aren't you?" he smirked, placing his hands into his pocket, "Sorry, but he's not coming back."

A look of horror struck both you and Fushiguro as both of you stared at Sukuna who was in Yuuji's body.

"Don't be so frightened. I'm in a good mood right now. Let's chat for a bit," Sukuna suggested with his condescending tone as he walked ahead of both of you.

You only stuck an arm out protectively as you slowly turned to follow his steps with your eyes. Fushiguro remained protected behind you.

"This is what he gets for using me without any kind of pact. Feels like he's having some trouble switching back," Sukuna said, "Still, though... It's only a matter of time."

The Curse that possessed your best friend's body then proceeded to rip his clothes apart, baring Yuuji's tattooed muscles.

"So... I thought about what I can do right now..." Sukuna smirked.

You didn't like the look on his face at all, but what came next was worse than the look on his face. Sukuna pointed his sharp fingers towards his chest, jabbed them in, and ripped out Yuuji's hard. You screamed at the sight of that, "WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO THAT FOR, YOU TRASH?!"

Blood spurt out of the cavity between Yuuji's chest as Sukuna held onto his heart, "I'm taking this brat hostage," he said.

Fushiguro's eyes widened at the sight of that, he turned slightly to look at your face and all he saw was a monster in you.

You looked fierce, angry, and terrifying. The only thing that made you seem human were the tears that glazed over your eyes.

"Trash? You have a filthy mouth, woman. I thought I'd give you a painless death after I have fun with you, but it seems you're dying for a painful death," Sukuna threatened.

The glare only remained on your face as thousands of thoughts flooded your head. You needed to somehow save Yuuji but you weren't sure how.

"You better stop giving me that look, woman. I can live without this, but that does not apply to the brat," he said, tossing Yuuji's heart aside as you watched it roll on the grass, "Switching out with me would only mean death for him."

Your glare only darkened as you watched the whole scene play out. There were so many things you wanted to do, but you were inexperienced in dealing with Curses, you could not afford to be reckless.

"Also... As a safety measure..." Sukuna smirked, pulling out a finger from his pocket and eating it.

Your eyes widened at the sight of the finger. That was the reason why you sensed a familiar Cursed Energy before you entered the Detention Centre. You knew something was familiar but you couldn't tell what it was, but now you knew. This finger was the reason why all this had happened.

You began to feel stupid for not being able to recognise the Cursed Energy of the finger. If you identified the finger earlier, maybe you could've done something, maybe you could've told Ijichi about it and gotten someone else for this job.

"With that, I'm free as a bird. You can be frightened now. I'll kill you!" he grinned evilly as he flexed his hand.

Furrowing your brows, you bent your knees as you continued to hold your hand out over Fushiguro.

The dark haired male noticed your stance and frowned before yanking your hand back so he stood in front of you, making sure you were at a safer position than he was. "You just don't get it. He's... Itadori's coming back. Even if it means that he'll die. That's just who he is," Fushiguro said.

Your tough exterior melted at his words as your lips wobbled downwards. You didn't want Yuuji to die at all. You wanted him back but you didn't want him to die.

"You give him too much credit. This guy's a little tougher and denser than other humans," Sukuna said, as he wiped away the blood stains on his mouth with the back of his hand, "Just a moment ago, he was scared out of his mind, on the verge of death, and prattling about his regrets and all his nonsense. The only thing that remained on his mind till the very last second was that woman."

"I know for a fact he doesn't have the guts to kill himself."

Sukuna pointed at you as you narrowed your eyes at his hand, hardening your glare while you were at it.

The hand that was chopped off by the Special Grade was restored. In that split second, you recalled all the information that you had read in the Jujutsu Book and placed your finger on what was called, Reverse Cursed Technique.

This technique allowed Sukuna to heal himself.

At the realisation of that, your eyes widened a little. You had to get Sukuna to heal Yuuji before he swapped back. The question was: how?

You stared blankly at the King of Curses as you let your thoughts flow into your mind quickly. You had the thought to attempt to get him to surrender and heal Yuuji, but you were weak.

This was not something you'd usually think, but yes, you were weak.

You didn't know how to use the Cursed Energy you had and you saw how the Special Grade obliterated the Slaughter Demon. You weren't sure if your black blade could stand a chance against it, but you were willing to take the risk. If getting Yuuji back meant that you'd lose a hand, you'd do it.

In the same second, Fushiguro and you engaged in your attack stances. You unsheathed your sword and Fushiguro summoned Nue.

As Nue and Fushiguro attacked Sukuna, you joined in on the fight, swinging your arms skillfully but using the back of your sword to hit the King of Curses on the neck subconsciously. After your first attack on him, you realised that you were holding back, you were afraid to hurt him because it was Yuuji's body.

Your hands trembled as you stared at the sword that was in your hands. 'How could I tremble at a moment like this?! Get it together, Y/N! If you don't threaten Sukuna you won't be able to save Yuuji!' you screamed at yourself internally but the sword only fell out of your hand and onto the ground.

You grunted as you picked up the sword and sheathed it into its sleeve.

Snapping your head up at the sound of Fushiguro's grunts, you watched as Fushiguro was simply thrown away by Sukuna. You dashed towards him, catching him in your arms but the two of you were only sent flying.

You threw Fushiguro behind you and took the kick for him, the two of you flying down and smashing onto the building, skidding across the bricks before stopping. Gaining a better footing before Fushiguro, you leaped up and caught him before placing him down on the ground gently, "You must have a thing for walls and buildings, huh? This is the second time I've come breaking through walls and both times were with you," you joked, to lighten the tension and make the both of you feel better, "It still hurts like hell, though."

Sukuna suddenly appeared out of nowhere in the middle of the air as you leaped up to match his punch. Though there was no Cursed Energy in that punch, the strength that was present sent the both of you flying away in opposite directions.

The two of you broke through several walls in the opposite direction. Sukuna hopped up and smirked, "Not bad, not bad at all!" he grinned widely.

You were picked up by Nue midair but Sukuna had already recovered from his crash and was already above you, ready to send a punch directly into your guts. Eyes widening at the sight of his figure, you asked Nue to fling you up into the sky and so it did.

With all your might, you exchanged blows with Sukuna midair as he grinned endlessly, "You can't defeat me!" he taunted with a smirk on his face.

"Who says I can't?!" you yelled, punching him in the face and landing on the ground with a roll.

You hopped up, bending your knees and holding your fists next to your face to prepare to fight.

"Because you're not using a single Cursed Energy. You're worse than that Shikigami brat! All you're doing right now is wasting your worthless energy. At least make a deal with me to free this brat!" he laughed as he made fun of you and smirked.

Your eye twitched at the mention of Yuuji, you were beyond pissed at that moment. It was disgusting to you how he treated Yuuji that way and how he made fun of you.

"Stop calling Yuuji a brat and don't ever call my efforts worthless!" you scolded as you punched him, anger fuelling you. Your fist glowed red-black and the punch sent Sukuna staggering back.

You glared at him and noticed a waver in his Cursed Energy, 'Have I finally done something to hurt him?" you wondered as you continued to stare at his Cursed Energy.

With wide eyes, Sukuna stared at you for a bit before breaking into a wide evil grin, "You sure are an interesting woman. Say, why don't you be mine?" he suggested as he made his way towards you.

You hopped a few steps back, "Fuck you! You're a creep!" you exclaimed, balling up your fists and holding them up next to your face.

Sukuna only laughed at your words, "Oh, we can definitely do that!"

His laughter ceased when he noticed something and he then began to smirk once more, "Why did you stop using that sword of yours?" he asked.

Your eyes widened as you remained silent.

"You can't hurt me, can you? Or rather, you don't want to hurt me!" he teased, laughing as he mocked you.

Your wide eyes sculpted into a tense glare, "I would hurt you a hundred times over if I can get Yuuji back alive!" you seethed.

"Oh? Really? Then I guess I can just do this," he grinned as he pointed his sharp fingers towards the cavity between Yuuji's chest and stabbed himself repeatedly.

The blood squelched as he stabbed himself over and over again. You watched him in horror as your eyes were as wide as the grey sky, "STOP IT! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" you yelled.

"You said that you'd hurt me a hundred times over if you could get that brat back, so let's make a deal, if you can watch me do this a 1000 times and if you can defeat me after that, then I'll return the brat to you!" he offered, continuing to stab himself.

Each time he stabbed himself, the bigger the hole became and you could not bear to watch it at all.

"Stop it..." you muttered to yourself as he laughed maniacally while stabbing himself, "Stop it... Stop it...!"

"Please, stop it!" you cried, unable to take the sight anymore, "Please just return Yuuji to me!"

He stopped for a split second and stared at you wordlessly before breaking into a grin, "If you can't watch, then die...!" he yelled as he dashed towards you.

Your eyes widened as you hopped back and brought your arms to shield yourself, activating your Limitless while you were at it.

Sukuna's eyes widened at his inability to hit you, "You... What the hell are you?" he asked, almost rhetorically.

You moved your arms away and glared at him.

He then leaped into the air and attempted to send a punch at you again. This time however, instead of using your Limitless to shield yourself, Fushiguro showed up and took the punch for you, "Y/N! Get out of the way!"

You turned to face him only to see him flying into a building and Nue shielding him, "Fushiguro!" you called out, worry lacing your words.

He sat in between the broken wall, rain water dripping off of him and a defeated look drawn onto his face. Fushiguro released his Shikigami as it sank back into the ground, melting into the shadow.

Sukuna watched his technique with fascination, "I get it now. So your Shikigami are created from shadows."

"And what about it?"

The King of Curses then held his chin as he thought about Fushiguro's technique, "Hmm... I don't get it, though. Why did you run back then? Why did the both of you run back then? What a waste of talent," he chuckled.

"Well, no matter. Either way, that won't be enough to fix this," Sukuna said as he pointed at the cavity in Yuuji's chest.

You clicked your tongue at his words as you continued to mask your worry under your tense glare. In truth, you were extremely worried. You were worried and afraid that Yuuji would die. You were so very terrified...

"The both of you are risking your life over stupid shit. This brat isn't even worth that much," Sukuna chuckled, placing his hands on his hips as he watched the both of you.

"Don't insult Yuuji, he's worth more than you'll ever be," you glared.

He returned the glare. Anyone would have shivered or felt intimidated by his gaze but not you.

You were fierce and determined. You were just as scary as he was.

"Don't test my patience, woman. I was thinking of sparing you because you're better than most women, but your mouth is so foul that I think I might just kill you," he threatened.

You only narrowed your eyes as you continued to glare at him, "I'd rather die than to be spared by you," you spat, "And I don't think that there are any ranks, quality, or worth, fixed onto women, or just anyone in general. But for you, you rank the lowest, is of the lowest quality and worth the least to me."

Irk marks only grew on Sukuna's forehead as he listened to your words, "I said watch your words, woman!" he yelled as he swung his arm at you but was caught off guard by you appearing behind him and flipping him over.

His gaze switched to you and was met with your intense glare. Your E/C contact lenses barely covered the glow of your bright blue eyes as you stared at the King of Curses in anger.

He pushed you off and attempted to throw a punch at you.

However, his punch stopped midair as his eyes widened and shifted towards Fushiguro.

Your eyes had also grown wide from the sudden boom in Cursed Energy as you snapped your head towards Fushiguro.

He had stood up and balled his hands up into a fist. Cursed Energy engulfed his body in a warm blue coat as you watched him in slight amazement. The Cursed Energy visible to your eyes was beautiful and powerful.

Sukuna grinned his evil grin, "That's it. So this is when you start burning through your life! Now I see. Well, in that case... Show me, Fushiguro Megumi!"

You watched with wide eyes as Sukuna approached Fushiguro and as his Cursed Energy flared up. However, what made your eyes widen even more was the sudden disappearance of a strong Cursed Energy.

Fushiguro's Cursed Energy that coated him had also disappeared as he stared at Sukuna, his eyes darkened and hid below his hair as he spoke, "Just so you know, I... don't have a logical reason for saving you back then. Even if it was dangerous, I couldn't bear to see a good person like you die. I did have my reservations, but ultimately, it was selfish, emotional reasons. That's fine, though. I'm not a hero. I'm a Jujutsu Sorcerer. So I've never once regretted saving you."

You stared in silence as you realised what had just transpired. Your eyes began to water as you shook your head slowly in denial, "Hey, Fushiguro... What are you saying all that for..."

However, instead of Fushiguro's reply, you heard your best friend's voice, "I see. You really are smart, Fushiguro. You've put more thought into this than I have. I think your conviction is a proper one., but I don't think mine is wrong, either."

Blood then began to spill onto the ground from the cavity between Yuuji's chest and from his mouth, "Oh... I'm sorry, I'm almost done for. Guess I won't have to worry about you, Kugisaki, or Gojo-sensei. Just take care of Y/N for me, okay? Live a long life..." he muttered before falling flat onto the ground in front of Fushiguro.

"Yuuji...?" you called out as you rushed towards his body and flipped him around. The sight of all the blood was disgusting but you could care less. Your tears were already running free at this point as you placed your hand on his chest, "Yuuji, please wake up..." you whispered to him as you cried.

Shaking him and placing your bloodied hands on his cheek, "Yuuji please wake up! You promised me! You said you'd be okay!" you cried, "Stop pretending, okay? Yuuji?"

Fushiguro only stood silently behind you as you brought Yuuji's body into your arms and hugged him. Your tears just kept falling over your cheeks as they rolled down your face, "Come on, come on, please wake up! Please tell me this is all a dream! Yuuji, don't abandon me! Please! Just wake up, please!" you cried.

The lack of response only made you cry even more, you stared at his dead body in distraught as you shook your head in denial, "No, no, no, this can't be happening... I hate this... I hate this... This hurts. This hurts!" you screamed as you continued to cry while shaking your head.

Fushiguro watched over you as his lips wobbled, "Y/N, there's nothing we can do about this..."

"Don't say that! I-I don't want any of this anymore..." you muttered to yourself as you stared at Yuuji's dead body.

'Another person you love is gone'

'Everyone abandons you somehow'

'Your best friend is gone'

'Your everything is gone'

'You've got no one now'

You yelled as you brought your hands to your ears and shielded them, "Shut up! Go away! I want it gone! I don't want anything anymore! Go away! Go away!" you cried as you screwed your eyes shut and continued to hold onto your ears.

Your thoughts only continued to scream loudly in your head as you wished for everything to reduce into nothing so you could rest. There were just too many things going on and your brain could not take the stress on it anymore.

You began to grow agitated when the voices in your head would not shut up. You opened your eyes in anger and frustration. Waves of purple began surrounding the sky above the detention centre and forming a swirl, distorting the space in the air.

Fushiguro's eyes widened at the sight of the purple orb that was forming above the detention centre, his eyes then switched towards you.

Your tears were streaming down your face and you looked too insane for a normal person, "Y/N! Stop whatever you're doing!" he exclaimed as he rushed towards you and turned you towards him.

He pulled you towards him and hugged you as you continued to cry, "I don't want this... I want Yuuji back! I don't want a world without him! I want everything to go away now... I want nothing!" you cried and sniffled.

Fushiguro frowned as he thought of ways to calm you down. He had to calm you down at any cost because if he failed to do so, anyone who was in the radius of your technique would die. Everything would be reduced to nothing if he failed to calm you.

He brought his hand to your back as he patted you gently, "Hey, Y/N, um... It's okay, I'm... here for you..." he whispered.

Your eyelids began to droop as you listened to his words and as he gently soothed you. Feeling abnormally tired and unable to keep your eyes open, you fell asleep in Fushiguro's arms.

Your body fell limp in Fushiguro's arms and the purple orb that was forming midair disappeared. Fushiguro glanced up and let out a sigh of relief when he saw that the purple orb was gone. He then switched his gaze towards your unconscious body and frowned a little before patting your head gently.

'Why are all the Gojo's so hard to deal with?' Fushiguro sighed as he placed you properly in his arms. It was strange that you had suddenly fallen asleep in his arms but he had his suspicions as to why you were so tired.

His theory was that you possessed the Six Eyes too.

There was just no way that as a new Jujutsu Sorcerer you were that perceptive and there was just no way that you could allocate your Cursed Energy so precisely to form Gojo Satoru's Purple.

This must've been your first time actually relying on your Six Eyes so heavily, which was why the side effects were so heavy on you. From mentally going insane for a split second and from falling asleep in the next second. Maybe going mentally insane for a while was due to your stress too but Fushiguro was quite sure your processor-like technique played a part into why you felt so cornered.

Like all computer processors, they overheat, and your Six Eyes had been over exhausted. 

a/n: not proofread but err yea! i hope y'all enjoy this week's chapter and well, this was interesting to write! hehe

thanks for reading, commenting and voting!! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 2.1K 14
Everyone considers you as one of the two strongest sorcerers equivalent to Gojo Satoru, your partner, colleague, and best friend. You take charge of...
18K 667 41
π’Ž 𝒆 𝒕 𝒂 𝒏 𝒐 π’Š 𝒂 // π‘‡β„Žπ‘’ π‘—π‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘›π‘’π‘¦ π‘œπ‘“ π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘›π‘”π‘–π‘›π‘” π‘œπ‘›π‘’'𝑠 π‘šπ‘–π‘›π‘‘, β„Žπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘‘, 𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓 π‘œπ‘Ÿ π‘€π‘Žπ‘¦ π‘œπ‘“ 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒. π‘‡π‘œ π‘‘π‘’π‘ŸοΏ½...
181K 7.8K 52
☁︎ ┆ ❝ When I was sad, I said I didn't want to live, but I also didn't want to die. Truthfully, every particle of my being was fighting to find a rea...
848K 28.1K 92
{ Megumi Fushiguro x Female Reader } Y/N, the only adopted daughter of Satoru Gojo, finds herself and her strength in the world of Jujutsu where the...