The power of Love

By -an0n0m0us-

Aphrodite - the Greek Goddess of Love "Why do you feel guilty for something that isn't your fault?" "Becaus... More

the beginning
Cast
2. Finding Jack
3. Ceremony?
4. Centres and Sleigh rides
5. Pitch Black
6. Explanations
7. Saving Tooth
8. Farewell
9. Easter
10. what have you done?
11. Jack's Memories
12. He sees him
13. The battle

1. Calling of the Guardians

637 12 0
By -an0n0m0us-

~300 years later~

A beaming young girl, with her waist-long  pink hair tied up into a high ponytail, flys into the busy busy workshop, that is owned by a man named Nicolas St.North.

You may know him as Santa Claus, or Father Christmas, or Kris Kringle.

But in her big, dark purple eyes, he will always be known as North, and he will always be a farther-ly figure in the young girls life.

Her smooth hair simmers in the light, with pink, and gold sparkles.

She now wears white flared trousers, with a white corset, with intricate details, with a long sleeved white shirt and wears white heels underneath the trousers.

She smiles widely at the sight before her, watching the yetis rush around, getting toys completed and finished before the big night.

She chuckled to herself and controls her giant, Angel wings to fly to the top floor of the manic workshop.

"Haveudbei!" A silver yeti smiles, and picks up the young girl in a tight embrace.

"Oh!, hi Phil!" The girl smiled, covering her shock.

"Djdineisnen!!" A ginger yeti yells, running past the young girl in a hurry.

'Phil' goes to look over the banister of the top floor, and notices something about the humongous globe, that is held at the bottom of the workshop. He then runs down to the globe, leaving the pink haired girl alone.

The girl walks up to the banister and notices that something is happening to the globe.

Her eyes narrow in confusion as she watches the lights flicker, and go out.

You see, each of those lights resemble the children of the world. The lights resemble each child who believes in The Guardians.

The Guardians are the figures who bring joy to children.

"Adora?" A deep Russian accent interrupts her thoughts.

"North!" The girl said, happy to finally see the big man.

Now, North is an immense man; he's tall, buff and a little rotund. He has bright blue eyes, thick black eyebrows and a long white beard and mustache.

He wears a red plaid shirt, with the words "naughty" and "nice" tattooed on each forearm respectively and also wore big black trousers with a red and black thick belt.

"What are you doing here?" He commanded, knowing that she shouldn't be at the Pole, let alone in his workshop.

"Am I not allowed to see my old friend?" She asked, trying not to trample on the elves that were rushing to the globe.

"No." He replied sharply.

"What? Why?" She smiled, following the white bearded man.

"Because you have a job to deliver Adora! The world needs you!" He shouted behind him, holding his sword tightly.

"I know your happy to see me, old man." She smirked, knowing deep down, he was very happy that she came to visit him. Knowing that she made time for him out of her busy schedule.

The man chuckled deeply and softly, and didn't reply to the young girl.

"Shoo, shoo, with your pointy heads. Why are you always under boots?" North asked the elves, as he made his way to the bottom floor, to look at the globe.

Adora also shoved her way through the elves, and after saying sorry to them, she stood next to North, and they both watched the lights on the ginormous globe flicker, and noticed that some even went out completely.

Adora gasped at this.

"North, what's going on?" The purple eyed girl asked her old friend.

"I don't know." The man replied, sharply. Making Adora more panicked then ever before. 

"What is this?" The big man asked himself, his blue eyes narrowing.

"Have you checked the axis? Is rotation balanced?" North asked one of the yetis, in a commanding tone.

"Wsjdibeid." The yeti beside North replies.

Before the Yeti can finish, a wind whips up from out of nowhere, and North stares in outrage as a blanket of swirling black sand, crawls over the lights, and shrouds the
entire globe in an inky darkness.

Fear grows in Adora's eyes, as her breathing quickens. She imagines her bow beside her, and her arrows instantly change to a shiny silver, as her silky hair whips around behind her.

The elves scurry in a panic, then all at once the black sand whooshes up off the Globe, and rushes up through the ceiling as the remaining sand bursts into a puff of smoke and dissipates
into the air.

As the wind dies, the scattered pieces of debris settle to the ground, and the globes lights come back on, North and Adora whirl around to see a huge shadow flash across the floors and curving walls of North's workshop. It quickly disappears, leaving nothing but the distant exho of laughter.

The two Guardians are frozen, looking up into the darkness, gravely.

"No..." Adora mutters to North.

"Can it be?..." North questions.

"Dingle!" He commands, as Adora whips around to look at the elves.

A group of elves step forward gleefully pointing to themselves, as if they're all "Dingle". The excitement quickly turns to confusion.

"Make preparations! We are going to have company."

North reaches out for a large emergency lever, he twists and presses it down, releasing a call for the rest of the guardians.

The button released the Northern Lights, the Aurora Borealis, into the sky.

"I am glad you're here little one." North tells the girl, placing his hands on her shoulders.

In response she smiles, and hugs the man.

"I knew you would be happy to see me. It's been a long time, old man." She smiles, recognising his smell of Christmas.

The man hugs back and chuckled deeply.

Meanwhile

A little hummingbird, hybrid-fairy, carries a coin and flies above the head of a sleeping child. She quickly ducks under the pillow and comes out the other side with a tooth in hand.

Soon, hundreds of fairies fly toward a hollowed out mountain, this is Tooth's palace and it's a majestic site.

Dozens of tiny hybrid human hummingbird fairies flit about. Teeth are filed away in tiny golden drawers, and coins are handed out.

"Chicago, Sector 6 -- 37 molars, 22 bicuspids, 18 central incisors. Moscow, Sector 9 -- 22 incisors, 18 premolars: Uh oh, heavy rain advisory! Des Moines, we've got a cuspid at
23 Maple. Head out!"

A hive of activity hovers at the center as a winged figure barks out orders like a harried air-traffic controller. This is Tooth.

Tooth is a part human, part hummingbird hybrid. She has tan skin and violet eyes. Instead of hair, she has feathers that make a curved upward style. Instead of clothes, her entire body seems to be covered in mini feathers of purple, teal, and green.

Around her wrists and ankles there seem to be golden lines that appear to look like golden bracelets and golden anklets, as well as gold feathers on either side of her head for earrings. Tooth also has long, drapery feathers that start at her waist line and end at her knees. They give the appearance of a skirt or dress.

A Mini Tooth Fairy flies up to Tooth as thousands of tiny other mini tooth fairy's continue their work behind them.

"Wait!" And suddenly everything stops. Tooth whips around, and holds up a little tooth, and starts gazing at it with dreamy adoration. The surrounding fairies tweet with excitement.

"It's her first tooth. Have you ever seen a more adorable lateral incisor in all of your life?! Look how she flossed!"

The fairies' tweets turn to concern, turning Tooth's attention to North's Northern Lights signal, as it stretches across the dark sky.

She gasps in concern, and flies off like a rocket toward the source of the signal, accompanied by a few of her ranking fairies.

My fellow Guardians - It is our job to watch over the children of the world, and keep them safe - to bring wonder, hope and dreams.

And so, I've called us all here for one reason, and one reason only - the children are in danger.

A stream of sand swirls overhead, as a dream
takes the shape of a child playing soccer, hovering on top of a sleeping child's head

The Dreamsand streams out of his window and up into the sky where dozens of strands of sand descends to earth. Through the majestic clouds, they reveal a small, glowing golden cloud of Dreamsand. Shimmering among the clouds, trailing the golden threads.

The strands are being controlled by a small portly figure. The Sandman.

Sandman is a short and squat individual, garbed in an outfit made of his dreamsand appearing as a night robe. His hair, vaguely clownish, is golden and short, styled into five points, and glitters like his sand. He also has tiny feet and golden brown eyes.

Suddenly, North's emergency signal catches his golden eyes. The Sandman turns to look and his eyes narrow, visibly concerned.

Sandy closes his eyes and in an instant the Dreamsand cloud suddenly swirls around him, changing form into a small Biplane, with Sandy in the cockpit. He barrel rolls the
plane into a dizzying dive through the spectacular cloudscape and flies off into the distance.

An enemy we have kept at bay for centuries has finally decided to strike back. We alone can stop him.

A few Easter eggs pop up out of the ground; their little legs carry them out of the way of a fast approaching object, in an underground tunnel.

Speeding along through a subterranean tunnel, the dimly lit figure races at blinding
speed, leaping and zigzagging through a series of tunnels.

A hole opens in the snow, and a pair of rabbit ears pops out.

A huge rabbit jumps out, and stands in the snow.

The six foot tall figure is Bunnymund.

This rabbit has grayish-blue fur, flower-like imprints on both his forehead and shoulders, and bright green eyes.

He wears leather bracers set with orange stones, a single-strap holster with which he carries his boomerangs, and leather wrappings on his feet

"Ah, it's freezing." The Pooka shivers from standing in the cold, then goes slogging through the snow.

"Ahh, I can't feel my feet! I can't feel my feet!" He shouts, as he makes his way to North's ornately decorated and dimly lit palace built into the side of a mountain of ice.

~now~
(Adora's POV)
I sit by the roaring fire, as I bounce my leg up and down anxiously, and I continue to reject the eggnog and cookies from the elves.

Questions begin to fill my mind.

'Why is he back?'

'Has he even come back?'

'What's going to happen?'

All types of questions take over my brain, until I see a biplane made out of golden sand come into the workshop.

"Cookies? eggnog, anyone?" North's voice echos, as I stand from where I sat and smile widely as I see all of my old friends again.

"This better be good North." I hear an Australian accent. I gasp and smile, as I recognise that voice from anywhere.

"Bunny!" I exclaim, as he comes to view.

"Adora!" He shouts back, as he hops over to me.

I run up to him and give him the biggest hug, which he quickly returns.

"Long time no see Addie!" The big rabbit now stands up, still hugging me.

"Yeah, I haven't seen you in ages." I say to him.

"Yeah, well, you no longer visit, so what do you expect!" He tells me, putting me down.

"You seem to forget that I'm just as busy as you are." I tell him, knowing that he's going to argue back.

But, before he opens his mouth, I get lifted into the air in a tight embrace, and I know straight away who it is, so I hug back.

"I haven't seen you in so long Addie!" She explains.

"Ugh, I've missed you so much Tooth." I squeeze her.

"I really need to come and visit you, maybe see if I can help out." I explain, to which he releases me from the hug and looks skeptical.

"Adora, you know I would love it if you came to visit me, but you have a job to do." She tells me, seriously.

"Yeah, I'm sure I can squeeze in time to see my old friend." I reassure her, not actually telling my best friend the truth as to why I haven't been working.

I don't like receiving help from others. I never have. So when I have trouble at work, I refuse to accept the help of others.

In this case, my situation is huge. People, children, and families, aren't loving one another.

Fights are coming out of no where, and if I shoot my arrow towards anyone, one person would say to the other 'I love you' and the other will make the argument worse and leave.

The same thing will happen to a family, but in this case, the child will feel unloved. And every child deserves to be loved.

Something, or someone, is causing hate in the world and it's getting too strong.

And as the more hate grows, the more weaker I become.

And, I'm starting to loose hope. And, something tells me that I shouldn't just 'give up' because the children need me. They need Cupid.

But, children don't even know I exist, so what's the difference anyway?

"Sandy, thank you for coming!" North says to Sandy, as he hops out of his biplane.

I gasp, and fly down to see Sandy.

I pick him up and hug him, and which he hugs back.

"Aw, I've missed you little guy!" I exclaim, even though I see Sandy more than anyone else.

He smiles in return, and gives me a thumbs up, as some pictures appear above his head he becomes enthusiastic to see me.

The pictures above his head suggest that he's been lonely, and he's so happy to see me and everyone again.

As I place him down again, Sand glyphs appear above Sandy's head communicating that he is busy and has a lot of work to do.

"I know, I know, but I obviously wouldn't have called you all here unless it was serious."

North, Bunny, Tooth, Sandy and I reach the center of the room, and Tooth does her best to shush her mini-fairies.

"The Boogie Man was here - at the Pole!" North points to the the floor we stand on. The other Guardians turn to look.

"Pitch? Pitch Black? Here?!" Tooth replies, panicked and shocked. I turn to her and nod in response.

"Wait, how do you know this?" Bunny asks me, as he continues to warm his paws up by the fire.

"Because I wanted to come and visit the big man himself, until I flew through the top window and all chaos broke loose." I looked behind me, and saw Bunny's confused face.

"Yes, and there was black sand covering the globe." The big Russian man gestures with his hands what the sand did, and walked a little bit towards the globe.

"What- what do you mean black sand?" Bunny hops over, confused, as he takes an egg out from one of his pockets and holds a paintbrush.

"Well, what do you think it means." I reply to him.                       

"And then a shadow!" North retells the story. Although, the way he's retelling it makes the whole situation seem like it was made up. He's way too dramatic with things sometimes.

"Hold on, hold on, I thought you said you saw Pitch." Bunny tells the man.

"Well, ah, not exactly..." North replies sheepishly, as he scratches the back of his neck.

"Not exactly? Can you believe this guy?" Bunny turns to Sandy, who shrugs while forming a Dreamsand question mark above his head.

"Yeah, you said it, Sandy." Bunny mutters, before going back to painting one of his easter egg's.

"Look, he is up to something very bad. I feel it." He whispers the last part, as I glare at him.

"Don't you dare." I tell him, knowing what he's going to say.

"...In my belly." He whispers, holding his belly.

I groan and rub my eyes, and see Bunny's eyes narrow.

"Hang on, hang on, you mean to say, you summoned me here THREE DAYS BEFORE EASTER - because of your belly? Mate, if I did this to you three days before Christmas--"

"Please. Bunny. Easter is not Christmas." North explains, grabbing the painted egg and begins to casually juggle it his hand. He pats his cheek and walks away from the pooka.

Bunny then looks at me and laughs sarcastically. "Here we go." He says seriously, looking at North.

"North, I, I don't have time for this. I've still got two million eggs to finish up!" Bunny explains.

I looked across and saw Sandy, who is being served eggnog by a yeti, suddenly notice something high above, which catches my attention.

Manny?

I gasp as I watch the moon rise into view, high up in the ceiling; its rays of light begin to shine brightly through as they cascade down
the walls of the globe room.

"No matter how much you paint, is still egg!" North argues.

I watch Sandy point to the moon unsuccessfully to get the others' attention.

"Uh, guys?" I try and intervene, as my eyes stay glued to the moon as it shines brighter every second. 

"Look, mate, I'm dealing with perishables. Right. You've got all year to prepare!" Bunny argued back, outraged by what North has said.

From the corner of my eye, I see Sandy place his fingers in his mouth to whistle, but a silent
musical note forms above his head.

"Guys!" I shout, still gaining to reaction. I roll my eyes and walk closer to North and Bunny.

"Why are rabbits always so nervous?" North questions Bunny, as the rabbit grabs his egg from the big man's hands.

"And why are you always such a blowhard!" Bunny fires back, continue to paint the small details on the egg.

"Oh my god, you're all ridiculous." I mutter, as Sandy waves a sand flag above his head, pointing and jumping up and down, the moonlight continues to fill the room.

I roll my eyes and walk away, trying to find something that will make them shut up.

"Sorry, not all of us get to work one night a year. Am I right, Sandy? Adora?" I hear Tooth mention.

"Uhh, yeah sure, but look!" I exclaim, not really caring about the argument.

Sandy tries to signal with a golden arrow, pointing toward the ceiling, but, what a shocker, North and Bunny continue their bickering.        

And as soon as I think someone else understands what Sandy and I are saying, Tooth gasps and turns to her fairies.

"San Diego, sector two! Five incisors-" Tooth flutters to another part of the room to command her faires

"Come on, mate, Pitch went out with the dark ages. We made sure of that - remember?" Bunny mocks us, not believing the fact that Pitch is back.

"Oh my god, I'm not doing this again, we know it was him Bunny! We're in a serious situation!" I exclaim to the rabbit, as he continues to paint his egg.

"Well, I've got a serious situation with some eggs." Bunny responds, shoving the egg in my face.

"I will literally smash that egg!" I threaten, but before Bunny could open his mouth, I see Sandy grab an elf by his hat, and vigorously shakes it's bell.

Finally, the other Guardians are finally
silenced and all turn to look at Sandy, who points up, a sand crescent moon forming above his head. The dizzy elf staggers away.

North, Bunny and Tooth turn to see the shaft of moonlight as it concentrates on the circle between them.

"Aah! Man in Moon! Sandy, Adora, why didn't you say something?" My eyes narrow at the man, as Dreamsand smoke shoots of Sandy's ears.

"Oh my god." I mutter to myself.

North turns to Manny, and addresses him.

"It's been a long time old friend! What is big news?"

Everyone, including me, gather in a circle to look at the center of the intense spot of moonlight, the light ebbs away, leaving a dark spot which resolves into the shadowed silhouette of Pitch Black.

We all look stunned.

"It is Pitch." Bunny confirms, looking to ke and North.

"Well we did tell you, that we saw Pitch. Soooo..." I trail off, firstly looking at Bunny then trailing down to the floor. I then noticed North pat his belly and give Bunny a look of 'I told you so.'

North looks towards the moon again.

"Manny...what must we do?"

In answer, the shadow of Pitch disappears and the circle of moonlight intensifies and shrinks, concentrating further, illuminating an ornate symbol on the floor, at the center of our circle.

The symbol rises out of the ground revealing a
large gem at the head of a pillar.

"Ah, guys, you know what this means?" Tooth says, excitement lacing her voice.

The moons light suddenly refracts through the gem casting a gorgeous light all over the room.

"No." I respond, bluntly, not too sure on what's going on.

"He's choosing a new Guardian." North says, in complete awe, and excitement.

"What?! Why?" Bunny complains

"Well, obviously, it must be a big deal." I said, thinking my thoughts out loud.

"Hmmmm, Manny thinks we need help." North says to us, as Manny talks to him,

"Since when do we need help?!" Bunny smiled, clearly annoyed at the fact that Manny said that we needed help.

"I wonder who it's gonna be?" Tooth flutters, excitement lacing her voice.

I look down and see that a Dreamsand Four-Leaf clover forms above Sandy's head.

"Maybe the Leprechaun?" Tooth confirms with Sandy.

"I was thinking the exact same thing." I look down and tell him, happily, then looking back at the crystal with my arms crossed.

"Please not the groundhog, please not the groundhog." Bunny hoped, crossing his fingers.

I scoff and roll my eyes, as I hope that it's the groundhog.

Slowly, but surely, a figure resolves in the crystal: it was a boy in a hood, bearing a familiar hooked staff.

"Jack Frost." North confirmed, surprised.

The Mini-Teeth all sigh and swoon as we all stand there, stunned.

I, however, gasp in happiness.                          

"Ah, I take it back! The Groundhog's fine!" Bunny says quickly.

"Jack!" I shout.

"Wait, you seem too happy about this. You don't like him, do you?" Bunny asked.

"Yes I like him, he's fun! He's honestly one of my closest friends!" I exclaim happily. I look at Bunny and he stares at me in shock.

I look over to Tooth, being as she hasn't said anything, and I catch her admiring Jack's figure.

I catch her eyes, and she snaps out of whatever trance she was in.

"Well, ah, as long he helps to ah...to protect the children, right?" Tooth fondles with her hands, sheepishly.

"He loves-"

"Jack Frost!? He doesn't care about children! All he does is freeze water pipes and mess with my egg hunts. Right? He's an irresponsible, selfish-" Bunny cuts me off to have his own little rant about Jack.

"Guardian." North and I reply, knowing deep down that he's going to be the greatest Guardian yet.

This stops Bunny in his tracks.

"Jack Frost is many things, but he is not a Guardian." Bunny points to the figure in the crystal.

I roll my eyes at Bunny's pathetic behaviour.

"Okay, so are we done here? Or can I go and get Jack?" I asked.

"You're not going anywhere Adora, Bunny will go get him." North replied, seriously.

My mouth dropped open.

"Uhhh, no thanks." Bunny mumbled.

"What? No! He'll most likely go with me than him!" I argued, outraged.

"Give me until night and if I'm not back by then, Bunny can get him, how's that?" I proposed.

Without letting North, or Bunny, protest against my idea, I was already flying to the highest window of the workshop.

I took a deep breath.

"Let's go find Jack then." I muttered to myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

469K 15.4K 53
❄ Born out of twigs and leaves she had to stop her worst enemy. Follow her story together with her fellow guardian friends at a big adventure. We hum...
229K 5.5K 22
Y/N. Is different from everyone else. She's not a normal human or should we said not a human. She's been living with human since she was a kid and sh...
114K 3K 17
Every guardian has a purpose, and Jack Frost couldn't find his. One day he meets 17 year old girl who can see him. Little does he know her connection...
63K 1.7K 15
Seraphine was the very first guardian. Manny asked her to not interfere with the dark ages so she was never given the chance to meet the other four g...