Electromagnetic // Warren Pea...

Bởi _sincewerehere_

In a world full of superheros and supervilliams, along with sidekicks, were their kin. The children of the in... Xem Thêm

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕤 & ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕪𝕝𝕚𝕤𝕥
ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕖
𝟘𝟙.
𝟘𝟚.
𝟘𝟛.
𝟘𝟜.
𝟘𝟝.
𝟘𝟞.
𝟘𝟟.
08.
09.
𝟙𝟘.
12.

𝟙𝟙.

1K 51 1
Bởi _sincewerehere_

•○•

Esme could still hear those words replaying in her head over and over again like a vindictive song that got stuck in your head by accident. Except, this was no accident, Esme's dad had called with big news for both her and her mother.

Sitting on the bus waiting to get to school, she could replay every fragment of that moment in her mind pike a record player.

'Flashback'

' "Hi dad." Esme nervously whispered through the phone.

"Hi baby. Is your mother there? I have some news for all of us so if you could get her that would be wonderful sweetheart." Johnathan insisted his daughter to get their mother before spilling the beans.

Setting the phone down on the machine, she pressed the hold button. Slowly taking one step at a time to the back yard where her mother was tending to the plants and garden foods who needed extra attention in the winter season.

Elizabeth heard the soft crunch of soil behind her making her lift her head up to see her daughter, bringing a smile to her face before seeing the look on Esme's face.

"Esmerelda? What is the matter?" Elizabeth sat the potted plant down on the ground before walking fastly over to her teenage daughter who would always have a smile on her face. Even when in pain.

"Dads on the phone. He said to come get you because he has some news he wants to tell the both of us." Esme slipped the words carefully out of her mouth so she didn't ramble to say them to fast.

"Y-your father?" Elizabeth stuttered, strutting her way up to the house where an anxious Johnathan waited over the phone.

"Johnny?" Questioned Elizabeth through the phone, she had been in touch with Johnathan more than Esme had, but Elizabeth knew him longer and knew that what he had done wasn't like him.

"Lizzie? Thank you, I am so glad you two are here now to hear the big news." Johnathan cleared his throat as Elizabeth put him on speaker.

"The superhero court has ruled in favor of granting me parole on my extension of good bebehavior. They said that if I continue the way I have been and go to  goodness therapy sessions as schedule I can get out as early as Saturday afternoon!" He roared theough the phone, making the whole cell block rumble.

Both girls were a bit lost for words, sure both were happy to here that, more Elizabeth than Esme. But Esme also didn't know a life where her father wasn't in prison. He had been there since she was little and that's how it has been. Her mind was racing as she ran upstairs to her bedroom to clear her mind.

"Esme!" Elizabeth yelled for her daughter, sighing softly before rubbing her forehead.

"Let her register it dear, she doesn't need to accept it right away, after all I have done. I can atleast give her some space." Johnathan said his goodbyes to the love of his life before hanging up and walking back to his cell, feeling like a changed man.

'Flashback Ends'

•○•

Esme was awaken from her trance when a warmth suddenly emerged around her body quickly. Looking up with her soft, tiresome, emerald eyes she caught them in a web of beautiful, chocolate pools.

"You okay Essie?" Warren grew concerned seeing the dark bags under her eyes and the red corneas of her white eyeball.

"Yeah I am fine, just got some big news yesterday. Nothing to worry about." Esme shrugged off, smiling up at Warren kindly.

"So did I miss anything important while I was gone?" She wondered, wrapping her arms tighter around the school bag that sat on her lap.

"Not much, we did get a pop quiz in Mad Science. Thats about it I believe." Warren spoke up in his rapsy voice that always brought shivers to Esme's body in most beautiful way.

Over the last few months, Esme began to grow confused about the feelings in her body whenever Warren was around. She guessed that maybe she was sick at first, but grew to acknowledge that she only felt this way around or whenever something was mentioned about the pyromaniac.

Her cheeks would flush and she would start to stutter, look down at her books and change the subject quickly. If she couldn't see it, everyone else could. The way the electromagnetic and pyrokinetic got along, how it seemed that since they were friends each would smile or laugh more.

The two were in love, but didn't know how the other felt. Warren didn't believe that a beautiful, smart, kind girl as Esme could fall so deeply for him that way he had for her. It wouldn't and couldn't make any sense for him.

Esme felt the same way, Warren was such a gentleman when you could get under the tough layer of fiery epidermis. A hothead on the other hand, making sure that she knew he could have any girl he wanted too. Why would he choose the book loving, charismatic, holiday gifting, quirky girl?

Esme shook her head as she looked away from Warren, neither had noticed, but they were both leaning in slowly. Their breathing patterns matched the other symbolically linking together in a way, only a twin flame would be.

Esme could feel the heat rising, from Warren, and from her own body. Blushing madly as the bus had jolted down from the sky onto the driveway of the school. Once the bus doors were ooen everyone began to make their way out, single file. Ever since winter break was over, Warren would wait for Esme as they both exited the bus together.

They would walk each other to class, exchange the books they had finished reading, and even began to finish each other's thoughts. Nobody could separate them it seemed, Principal Powers watched the young duo closely, smiling greatly as she noticed history in the making. Two children of villainous lineage working together to fight the common bullying within the walls of school.

Bells rung, signaling to the two that they should probably head inside to their designated classes soon. Esme decided to take a leap of faith, lifting her small, delicate, hand from her side. Placing the palm of her hand into Warren's hot hand, softly cooling it down, but making Esme's hand warm at the same time.

Warren was shocked and a little confused as the same time, gulping as she looked down at the little girl who had changed his world for the better. Soon, he regained his composure and gave Esme's hand a little squeeze, letting her know what she was doing, was indeed okay.

Mad Science wasn't too far from the entrance as they shuffled their way into the class and took their places at the desk top the two had been sharing all year long. Esme frowned as she knew it was time to let go of the only Warmth she had ever known. Even though she would feel it a second later once she sat down on the stool next go him.

"Today class we will be learning about..." as Mr. Medulla went on about the new subject, Warren could feel two eyes staring at him from the side. Turning his head with a small smirk he looked at the young hero next to him

"May I help you?" Warren questioned.

"Well now that you offered." Esme giggled, opening her book as she pointed to the question she had been struggling with for what seemed like forever.

•○•

The day seemed to pass pretty quickly, leaving the two heroes to get onto the bus ride home. As always Esme greeted Ron with a warm smile before sitting down inside hers and Warren's seat. Although they weren't assigned, everyone knew not to sit in that one. Not so suffer the wrath of Esme, but Warren.

"Psst, Esme." Yasmine called for her friend from the seat rigjt next to their own.

"Yes Yas?" Esme answered looking over at her female best friend.

"Are you going to the Spring Formal this year?" Yasmine asked, while pulling out the puppy dog eyes that she knew would mame Esme crack.

"Ugh Yas, the puppy eyes really? I don't don't know if I'm gonna go, if I am I gotta tell my mom soon otherwise I won't have a dress. And who would I even go with? It's not like I have a date or anhthing." Esme rambled on about the obstacles that faced her before even agreeing to go to the formal.

"I'm sure Warren can take you, and your mom is a master. I mean she made mine in less than three days. Look." Yasmine pulled a photo up on her phone to show her best friend the dress Esme's mom had made for her.

It was a beautiful pastel yellow with jewels galore aroumd the bodice and bosom, some sparkles trailed down the length of it as well. Her mom even made the matching earrings and necklace to go along with the dress.

Warren heard the two girls talking and was worried Esme would want him to take her. He wasn't one for social gatherings either, I'm sure you can all guess why. He would love to take Esme, but he didn't know if she would say yes. Or if she wanted someone else to take her, so he didn't say anything at all. Instead he stared ahead out the front window, waiting for this bus ride to get over quicker than ever before.

Esme could feel the tension between the three of them coming into the air.

"I'll think about it and let you know okay Yas?" Esme nodded sitting back against her seat, sighing softly under her breath, closing her eyes she slowly began to lose consciousness before going to sleep. Her head slowly fell to the side where it landed and rested ontop of Warren's warm shoulder. He didn't have the heart to move her head or make her wake up. In fact he didn't want to. So he slowly leaned down, hoping no one would see, placing a soft, sweet kiss ontop of Esme's head.

Across the aisle of the bus, Yasmine could see the affection between the two of them. Making sure to come up with a plan to make Warren ask Esme to the dance before it was too late.

•○•

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

6.5K 423 29
I don't know why I am the way I am. I just know that it's been this way ever since I was born. Paige Roberts was born with the ability to see numbers...
215K 5.2K 24
A 'Sky High' fanfiction! Nadia Grace is starting her freshman year with her friends at Sky High. She's nervous to say the least, for starting high s...
8.5K 110 17
Being seen as the school slut does not make high school any easier. Especially if you live in the shoes of Layla. This independent, promiscuous sex...
1.6K 74 12
A Necromancer without a soulmate A Crown Prince plagued with nightmarish visions A Mage unable to let go of the past ** Diya, the Crown Prince's b...