[EN] Splendide Nuit ✦ Druig

By eternalsams

✦―In the beginning, when Arishem created the first sun and brought light in the universe, he had to balance... More

「ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛꜱ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪɪɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪᴠ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴠ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴠɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴠɪɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴠɪɪɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪx」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ x」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xɪɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xɪɪɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xɪᴠ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xᴠ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xᴠɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xᴠɪɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xᴠɪɪɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xɪx」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xx」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xxɪ」
「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xxɪɪ」
「ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛꜱ」
「ᴘᴏꜱᴛ ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛꜱ ꜱᴄᴇɴᴇ」
「ʙᴏɴᴜꜱ ɪ」
「ʙᴏɴᴜꜱ ᴄᴀꜱᴛ ɪ」
「ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ..? ɪ」
「ʙᴏɴᴜꜱ ᴄᴀꜱᴛ ɪɪ」
「ʙᴏɴᴜꜱ ɪɪ」
「ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ..? ɪɪ」

「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪɪ」

4.3K 141 52
By eternalsams

Nyx was ready. They all were. Ajak told them a few minutes ago Deviants were planning on attacking humans on the coast. The young Eternal stood beside Ikaris and Thena, waiting for Ajak's signal to intervene on Earth. It would be the first time they would be in contact with humans. The Fighters waited patiently to jump from the Domo and go kill some Deviants, while the Thinkers stayed away, having nothing to do but wait for the Fighters to get rid of the creatures. Druig's gaze could not let go of the silhouette of Nyx who was still dressed in her combination in the colors of the night. He wondered what her abilities were? She was part of the Fighters so it was something dangerous, arousing his curiosity even more. While Ajak was busy briefing the six Fighters, Druig stepped forward quietly to place himself just behind Nyx. She stood behind her comrades, allowing Druig to remain outside the field of vision of the original Eternal. With his hands behind his back, he bent slightly to be at the height of the young woman.

          - So, a Fighter, huh ? He murmured in her ear.

          - And you're a Thinker. She said, not even looking at him.

          - Come on, princess. What is so special about you ? He smirked as he rapidly looked at Ajak before them.

          - I'm no princess. She said as she slowly turned her head towards Druig, who had his face very close to hers. And my abilities are none of your business.

          - Yeah, you're right. You're not. You're more of a queen. He proudly said, making her roll her eyes.

          - Druig. As much as I enjoy the fact you and Nyx get along, she needs to focus. Not to be distracted. Ajak said, diverting their attention from each other.

          - Yes, Ma'am. Druig smirked as he gently bowed, taking a few steps back.

          - Thank you.

Nyx took one last look over her shoulder and crossed the young man's playful gaze. He offered her a wink before returning to the other Thinkers. Nyx again focused on Ajak and she was able to finish her explanations. A few moments later, half of the Fighters had already descended from the Domo to reach the mainland. Nyx was going to be next but a voice called her. She immediately recognized the accent and kept her eyes from rolling. Why was he so insistent?

          - Be careful down there, princess. He said.

          - I already told you- She began before being cut off.

          - Yes, I know. You're no princess. He smiled, making her notice his dimples.

The young woman smiled at the strange detail on his face. It was rather cute. He looked like a young boy. But still having a man's body. Nyx saw from the corner of the eye Ikaris fly off and she understood that she was the last one left. She passed her head through the opening of the Domo and looked down to see the ocean hitting the cliffs. It was beautiful. She gave Druig an almost pretentious look before letting herself fall, feeling the air whipping her body during her fall. Druig rushed to the opening to watch her fall, hoping she could get away with it without being hurt. The young Eternal landed heavily on her feet, making the sand of the beach fly around her. She dusted off slightly before looking up to the Domo which overlooked the landscape. She could see Druig looking at her from above, a slight smile on his lips and eyes filled with admiration for her. The young man disappeared at the same time as the Domo to avoid attracting the attention of the Deviants. She refocused on her mission and went up along the beach to join her Eternal comrades who were already fighting with several Deviants.

She could almost have said they were beautiful creatures if they didn't try to bite her head off every second she spent next to them. Nyx gained momentum on a rock and jumped on the beast. She landed agilely on the Deviant's head and clung firmly before closing her eyes and concentrating. The creature began to whine with pain, shaking itself while its limbs twisted in all directions. Nyx frowned under concentration while trying to keep balance on the Deviant.

          - Come on, Nyx. Don't brag and kill it. Kingo shouted to be heard over the Deviant's cries of pain.

The creature's skull eventually cracked under the pressure of Nyx's powers and fell dead to the ground. The Eternal finally opened her eyes and stepped over the head of the Deviant to go down and join the others who were waiting for her near.

          - I don't brag. She slightly smirked.

When Ikaris killed the last Deviant, the Domo reappeared, subjugating all humans who still distrusted the strangers. Kingo approached Nyx and placed his elbow on the young woman's shoulder with a small smile. Nyx liked him, he seemed nice. They watched the Thinkers arrive on platforms created by Phastos. She could see Druig advancing without really paying attention to her and his eyes began to glow with an incredible gold. The humans stopped in their movements, and he slowly raised his arm towards them before making a slight movement of the hand. The men dropped all their weapons and Nyx raised her eyebrows. Mind control ? She could get used to it. As long as he didn't use it on her, everything would be fine. Ajak healed the slight wound Ikaris had on his shoulder and advanced to face the humans. Nyx gently removed Kingo's arm from her shoulder and set out behind the original Eternal, without even noticing that she was right in front of Druig. The telepath's gaze had landed on Nyx and never turned away. He had seen her in action and still had not understood her abilities.

The eleven Eternals remained silent as a boy approached them timidly. Ajak made a simple nod to Sersi next to her to encourage her to come forward as well. The Eternal then picked up a small blade at her feet and turned it into gold. Manipulation of matter. Nyx was really fascinated by some of her comrades' powers, so much potential. The woman advanced to the boy and handed him the weapon of gold. The young human hesitated, and finally put his hand on Sersi's one. Nyx smiled softly, feeling their fear disappear. And that was how the Eternals had their first contact with the human race.

Almost four millennia as the Eternals were on Earth, eliminating the Deviants one by one even though they had been quiet for almost two years. A real complicity was created between the eleven immortals for the greatest happiness of Ajak who really wanted them to feel like a family. They had traveled a lot, looking for the Deviants, and to end the species but it was as if they were hiding. But they weren't going to complain about it. So, they had taken up residence in Greece. Everything was so peaceful that the Eternals stayed in the area, so the Thinkers could help the humans.

Night had fallen a few hours ago, but Nyx couldn't sleep at all, so she went for a walk in the fields. The young Eternal slept very rarely at night, perhaps because of her abilities? She didn't know. She could hear crickets all around her and stopped to appreciate the music they were making. She bent down, kneeled at the height of a small bush, and put her fingers under a magnificent blue flower. The softness of the petals was indescribable under her touch. People couldn't imagine sweeter. But just when she was about to get up again, the flower flashed before her eyes, and then turned to ashes.

          - Can't sleep ? A voice asked behind her.

She turned abruptly and was able to recognize Ajak in the darkness. A tender smile stretched the woman's lips and she advanced towards Nyx to make her stand on her feet. Despite the darkness, she could see the ashes of the flower at their feet but made no comment. Ajak took the young woman's hands into her own before tenderly placing a lock of hair behind her ear.

          - Why can't you sleep, Nyx ? Is something on your mind ?

          - Why am I so different from the others ? Why can't I... feel what the others feel ? Nyx asked.

Ajak unfortunately found no answer satisfactory enough so she turned the young woman's question.

          - Arishem chose you to help us and the humans in our mission. If he were doubting you could not do it, he would have left you on Olympia. Do you know why you can not sleep at night like the others ? She smiled, having already an answer to satisfy Nyx.

          - No. Why ?

          - Because of your abilities. You are the Darkness, the Void. Night is your comfort zone because most dangerous things live during night.

          - Am I dangerous ? Nyx frowned, not really sure what Ajak was getting at.

          - No. You are powerful. Probably the most powerful of us, don't tell Ikaris I said that. She chuckled, making Nyx slightly smile. You don't have to worry about your feelings, Nyx. I'm sure you'll end up feeling a lot of things. You just have to be patient.

          - I'll try to remember that. Thank you, Ajak.

The Deviants had returned, and with reinforcements. The immortal has never been attacked like this. There were so many creatures that even the Thinkers had to help the Fighters. Druig and Sprite helped evacuate the civilians, and Ajak shuttled back and forth between the wounded Fighters and the civilians. Sersi reinforced the constructions to limit material damage and Phastos armed his teammates with his inventions. The Deviants were a little bit more numerous than the Eternal Fighters, but they knew they could do it. They tried to keep them as far away from the city as possible to avoid casualties but two of them had wings and only Ikaris could fly. In conclusion, it was very complicated to manage this attack.

          - Nyx, you're sure you can't do anything without touching them ? Ikaris asked as he tried to kill one of the two flying Deviants.

          - I don't know and you might be in the way if I try anything. I don't wanna hurt you. She explained as she ran to a little girl. Go find Druig and Sprite, they'll help you. She told her in her native language.

The little girl nodded and ran towards the city. Nyx looked up to the sky to see Ikaris dodge each attack of the two Deviants. She thought quickly, weighing the pros and cons. Could she really pull off such a risky move?

          - Ikaris ! On my mark, you're going down. She warned, rubbing her hands against her thighs.

          - It's about time ! He grunted.

She closed her eyes and focused on the space between her fingers, which quickly became a magnet. She could feel her hands being attracted to each other but she resisted, and the attraction grew stronger and stronger. When she felt that this was enough for a Deviant, she opened her eyes and found a black mass of energy in her hands. She manipulated it gently to ensure complete control, then raised her head to look at Ikaris.

          - Ikaris ! Now ! She shouted.

She saw the man leaning forward and let himself fall towards the ground, and she immediately threw the energy ball towards the two Deviants. The flying Eternal landed next to Nyx, and when he looked up, he could see the two creatures being attracted by the energy, and then violently thrown up and exploded into pieces. The two Eternals exchanged a surprised look before Ikaris let out a nervous laugh.

          - And we spent 4000 years without knowing you could do that. He sighed.

          - I didn't know either.

          - Nyx ! A voice called behind her.

She turned around and saw Druig's worried gaze running towards her. Ikaris took advantage of this moment of calm to fly away and join the others to see if there were any Deviants left. The telepath arrived in front of the young woman and examined her from every angle to verify that she was not injured.

          - I'm okay, Druig. I'm fine. She grumbled.

          - What happened ? I know there were two Deviants on you and Ikaris. How did you do to kill them both ?

          - I honestly don't know. I just discovered a new ability. She chuckled.

A small smile stretched the young man's lips and he slipped his hands on his friend's cheeks. He seemed to catch his breath and could not help laughing nervously, which made Nyx frown.

          - What's so funny ? She asked, putting her hands on his.

          - I thought you were hurt, princess. That's all.

          - But I'm not. She tenderly smiled.

          - Yeah, you're fine.

And another one, I just finished writing the next chapter (cause I like to keep a chapter in advance) and you guys are not ready for what's gonna happen. See you then for the next one !

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.4K 1.1K 28
An MCU Eternals and Druig x fem!oc book, meaning I make a character, you play them, your love interest is Druig and this story takes place in the mov...
4.7K 99 15
"You have loved each other in all of your lives before this one. Don't let this opportunity be wasted." ⚠️SPOILERS FOR MARVEL'S ETERNALS MOVIE⚠️ Drui...
48.1K 1.3K 18
𝗮𝗲𝗶•𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗵•𝘆 ↳ (𝗮𝗱𝗷.) an enduring and consuming passion >> 𝗠𝗔𝗥𝗩𝗘𝗟 𝗖𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗖 𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗦𝗘 << Eternals /// Book One [...
24.7K 686 14
"𝐼 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑖𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑒𝑦𝑒𝑠" - - What happens when two Eternals with different personalities fall for each other while saving th...