√ | false promises, 𝐩𝐞𝐲𝐭�...

By sadessinks

BOOK 1/3 of The Rekindling Hearts series. [ description ] ⤷ Peyton and Chad were supposed to be high... More

FALSE PROMISES
P L A Y L I S T
A R T G A L L E R Y
E P I G R A P H
A C T I ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
i. la isn't too shabby
ii. long time no see
iii. long time no see ( part 2 )
iv. truth or truth
v. what is love?
vi. the lost & found
vii. the night
viii. weak
ix. lie, lie, lie
x. the vampire diaries
A C T II ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
xi. debacles of life
xii. ripping off the bandaid
xiii. eyes off you
xiv. welcome home
xv. engagement party
xvi. it's just sex
xvii. these are my confessions
xviii. these are my confessions ( part 2 )
ixx. letting go
xx. every time
A C T III ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
xxi. devilish smiles
xxii. stay
xxiii. in the moutains
xxiv. the end of an era
xxv. the rebound
xxvi. it's ok not to be ok
xxvii. nanny carrie all over again, except not
xxviii. nanny carrie all over again, except not ( part 2 )
xxix. daydreaming
A C T IV ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
xxxi. meet cute
xxxii. bluebird in the spring
xxxiii. bluebird in the spring ( part 2 )
xxxiv. heart made up on you
xxxv. point of view
xxxvi. just another day
xxxvii. oh, why universe?
xxxviii. death is upon
xxxix. don't stop believin'
xl. proper introduction
A C T V ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
xli. emo girl
xlii. two weeks until wedding
xliii. the day we met
xliv. week of wedding
xlv. bachelor / ette
xlvi. day of wedding
xlvii. day of wedding: reception ( part 2 )
xlviii. til death do us part
xlix. hope you're ok
l. happy beginnings
THANK YOU
BOOK TWO
BOOK THREE

xxx. that's what love is

352 38 0
By sadessinks

________________________________________

𝗙𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀
::  xxx. | that's what love is

[ SEPTEMBER 4th ]

The day Chad is going to propose. He hid the ring with Brooke cause he thought Peyton would've found and also, he isn't good at hiding things. It was a Saturday and so far the day was looking up, nothing could ruin it. Clay woke up finally and got a kidney transplant, Ashely is getting back to her old self but she still hasn't signed the divorce papers yet.

If anything, Chad is keeping his mouth shut about it. He doesn't wanna accidentally say the wrong thing they she signs it, he honestly wants her to figure things out with Rachel. But as of right now, he was figuring out things with himself.

He walked out the bedroom with a big smile on and with just boxers as well, which happened to be Peyton's favorite look on him. Once he left the room, he saw Peyton cooking breakfast in the kitchen. And so naturally, he went and wrapped his arms around her as she flipped the pancake.

"What's that one rule in the kitchen?" Chad paused a second for effect, "Right, kiss the chef."

Chad gently took the spatula out Peyton's hand and tossed it on the counter. He then spun her around to face him before leaning in and connecting his lips with her's. He soon pulled away and pecked her lips one last time before letting her get back to the pancakes.

He walked to the overhead cabinets and pulled out a glass, "Do we really need to go to Tric tonight?" He tried to play it cool.

"You're really asking that?" Peyton turned off the stove, "Well we have to. You're performing."

He simply shrugged his shoulders, "Ok, but this is my last performance."

"What?" Peyton abruptly turned around.

"The singing is getting nowhere. All I do is mini concerts in my home town. I want to travel, go on tour, meet new people. I want the world to know my name." He told her his side of things.

Peyton heard him clearly, she understood. She just was scared. Scared that she could lose him, he could change, scared he'll never be around or end up meeting some famous hottie. But most of all, she wanted him to go after what he wanted.

"If that's what you want, I'll make some calls and get you an agent." She simply smiled at him. She didn't want her fears to tear him down and that's the last thing she wants . . . for him to end up resenting her for not helping him further in his suppose singing career.

He gave her a cheeky smile before pecking her cheek then heading back to the bedroom to get some clothes on.

• • •

"So what time do we need to be there?" Ashely ask Brooke who was trying to remember where she hid the ring.

"Nine." Brooke told the blonde as she got down on the floor in her dress looking under the couch.

"Well, we better get going." Ashely tilted her head trying to figure out what her friend was doing, "Did you lose the ring?" That was the only reason she could think of for Brooke being on the floor.

Brooke scoffed, "Pfttt, no."

Ashely had her arms crossed over her chest, "You did didn't you?"

"Just help me look for it." Broke acted as if she was annoyed.

Ashely rolled her eyes before heading in the living room to help her airhead friend look for her Peyton's engagement ring. She started rummaging through some shopping bags then moved on to the chair that was by the tv cause she had this feeling.

She reached her hands under the cushion, feeling around to see if she could feel something that was ring-like. She thought she did but when she pulled it out, it was something else that she's been looking for.

"Found it!" Ashely announced which got Brooke excited.

"The ring?!" Brooke turned her head towards Ashely in excitement.

"No, my lipstick. I've been looking for this color for awhile now." Ashely smiled as she held it in her hand, staring at it.

Brooke was not pleased. Her face literally spelled bitch. Time was running out and Chad was on his way to get the ring. Brooke was on the verge of losing it, "Find. The. Damn. Ring!"

After another five minutes, there was still no ring. They thought it was hopeless until Brooke got a bright idea to go check her room and Ashely found herself looking through Brooke's purse.

"Found the ring!" Ashely screamed from the top of her lungs.

Brooke ran out her room so fast, "Where was it?" She saw the box Ashely held with the ring inside.

"You're purse." Ashely shrugged, handing the ring box to Brooke.

Brooke was admiring the ring cause she was so happy it was found but quickly snapped out of it once she heard the words come out Ashley's mouth, "You went through my purse?"

The door bell finally ring and for Ashely, it was the right moment too. She gave Brooke a smile as she made her way to the door. She opened it and there he stood, the man who was going to pop the question that night.

"Got the ring?" He questioned as he stood at the door.

"Here it is." Brooke sped walked in her heels to the door.

Chad took it with a smile, "Thanks. See you there." Then he was on his way to Tric.

Brooke and Ashely on the other hand, they went have a sit down before heading to Tric.

• • •

Chad walked into the building with a nice white suit on and nathan recording him as he winked at the camera.

"Today I'm about to make history . . . for myself at least." He laughed towards the end of the sentence.

Nathan shook his head, "Dude you're so stupid." They both laughed as they walked through the door and once they did, it was pretty hard to miss Lucas.

He stood with Haley and them as Peyton made her way over to Chad.

"Wow, you're going all out for this one." Peyton was very pleased for what Chad had one.

"Yes, I am. It's an important event." He smiled then waved to everyone else before going to help the band set up on stage.

After the band was set, he ask them to follow him to the studio. He hasn't talked to them yet about the proposal or the change in song so he thought why not do it now or it just won't happen right now.

"So I got news. First, I'm proposing to Peyton tonight." He told his band and of course they cheered in glee.

"Peyton's a lucky girl. She's definitely going to say yes." His drummer told him.

"Oh, ya? What make you so sure?" Chad crossed his arms over his chest, teasingly.

"Trust us." The guitarist put his arm around Chad's shoulders, "Since she didn't say yes to Lucas, she'll say yes to you."

The group of boys laughed at the hurtful joke that one of them made. Chad paid no mind to it, him and Lucas weren't even friends. He made sure it was obvious.

"If I were friends with him, I wouldn't be laughing so hard." He said in between chuckles.

And of course someone had to ruin their little laugh fest. Mia walked into the studio, "You're on in five." She told them before heading back out herself.

"Showtime, baby!" The drummer announced as they all left the studio to wait next to the stage where Chad told them what song they'll be doing.

• • •

The band walked on stage and got in their positions. Chad turned on the mic and placed the strap over his head because he planned on playing the guitar.

He cleared his throat before speaking into the mic, "Hello everyone! We have a change of plans for the set tonight. Anyway, I'm singing a new song that i wrote a couple of days ago and it's dedicated to my lovely girlfriend, Peyton."

"Yeah!" A member of his team yelled from behind which caused the audience to laugh lightly.

"Anyway..." Chad resumed, "1 ... 2 ... 3."

Chad began to sing That's What Love Is, then after the first verse, the band came in. He was actually pretty scared for tonight. He wasn't sure if the audience would like the song or about how he kind of got rid of his set. But to his surprise, they were enjoying the song which meant he was enjoying preforming it.

The audience soon turned on their phone flashlights and started waving them in the air to the song. Chad though, he was losing it up there. He felt so in-tuned with the music. Honestly, it was the happiest he's ever felt front being up there.

As the song was coming to an end, he decided to do a guitar jump which was risky since his suit was a tad tight. Don't worry, that's how he likes to wear it. He likes sung suits that shows every bicep and fits just perfectly. Luckily it didn't rip and he was just out of breath. The crowd went nuts.

He soon made his way back to the mic as he was breathing heavily.

"You know, I can't believe I'm about to do this. But here I am. Peyton Sawyer, I love you and I've been kicking myself for awhile now cause I can't give you want you want. Tonight though,.." He sighed, "That changes. I figured out what marriage means to me. So without further ado—" Chad jumped off stage and made his way to Peyton.

He continued, "Peyton Elizabeth Sawyer, you are the light of my life. I was in love with you since the first I saw you. I loved you then, I love you now and I'll love you forever." He got down on one knee and pulled out the box that held the ring, "Will you marry me?"

The audience gasped as did Peyton once he opened the box. Lucas was told about the proposal but he had no opinion about it. Everyone waited for Peyton to say something and the suspense was killing Chad. After a second, she finally opened her mouth and let out the words that everyone saw coming, even Lucas.

"Yes!" Peyton exclaimed. Chad slid the ring on her finger then stood up, bringing Peyton into a hug. Everyone clapped their hands. The band started playing randomly, their friends made their way to them to congratulate and hug everyone.

It was clear to say that the night was a success.

a/n:
if you think about it,
one tree hill has its
cheesy moments. don't
worry, teressa makes her
appearance next act ((;

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 44 4
(sept 2020 - as you can see in the first few chapters, this story is being rewritten. It will be completely redone as soon as possible. Thank you for...
254 38 12
This is the story about a girl who fell in love. Not with one, not with two, but three boys. They were her everything, and no matter what, no matter...
20.1K 1.3K 66
COMPLETED! Reign Henderson, the loner girl. Thanks to bullying and rumors. After heartbreak and being deemed an outcast, Reign has no idea who she is...
187 33 22
THEY FINALLY MET AFTER they separated for six years. Although things weren't rainbows and butterflies like they had hoped, they were still together...