[INDEF. HIATUS] Regrets and W...

By jnscrtm

[IN INDEFINITE HIATUS: Read my profile bio for the summarized detail] Standing alone in the middle of nothin... More

Author's Notes (IMPORTANT)
How My Theories Here Deviate From Canon (LN) [SPOILERS ALERT]
Chapter 1 - The Long-Lost Tears
Chapter 2 - A New Hope
Chapter 3 - To the Next Milestone
Chapter 4 - The Goblins
Chapter 4.5 - Chaos and Confusion
Chapter 5 - Preparation in the Village
Chapter 6 - Battle Against the Wolves
Chapter 7 - Reconciliation, Naming, and Rules
Chapter 8 - Under the Twilight Sky
Chapter 9 - The Blacksmith
Chapter 10 - Partner for Eternity
Chapter 11 - The Spymaster's Observation
Chapter 12 - Accidents
Chapter 13 - Truth in Royal Court
Chapter 14 - Meeting of Two Kings
Chapter 15 - Towards a New Land
Chapter 16 - Start of Disturbance
Chapter 16.5 - The Adventurers' Journey
Chapter 17 - Meeting the Adventurers
Chapter 18 - The Ogres
Chapter 19 - Shizue Izawa: Incandescent Heart
Chapter 20 - Ciel: Fragile Heart
Chapter 21 - Secret
Chapter 22 - Story of the Survivors: Decision
Chapter 23 - Acceptance
Chapter 24 - Welcoming Party
Chapter 25 - First Military Gathering
[09/01 2022] Letter of Withdrawal

Prologue - Chrono Saltation

4.8K 166 70
By jnscrtm

The first arc, "Beginning of New Journey Arc", has begun.
第1編、「新旅初頭編」が始まりました

~~~

序章  時空跳激震覇(クロノサルテーション)

The world is in chaos. Both in the earth and in the heaven, battles are everywhere. From Damargania in the west to the Nasca Namrium Ulmeria United Eastern Empire in the east, the earth's remaining forces are fighting the heaven's. Collapsed buildings, burning cities, seas of blood, and piles of corpses—all are just an ordinary view at this point across the world.

This is to be expected, for the heaven and the earth have fallen into a great war, just like what always happened since a long time ago every five hundred years. A great war between the demons and monsters against the army of angels—the Tenma Great War.

While the word "Tenma" from its origin simply means "Heaven-and-Demon", it doesn't necessarily mean that demons were the only ones targeted by the angels. In fact, the so-called too-advanced civilization is also the target of this war.

What has no one expected, however, it is that the Tenma Great War this time is far, far greater than the previous Tenma Great Wars, that not even the previous Tenma Great Wars combined would even reach near this.

The Battle of El Dorado had taken place before the war was formally declared. As the result of the battle, Yuuki Kagurazaka and Laplace, formerly known as Sarion Grimwald, both lost their lives protecting their friends, Tear and Kagali, from the attack launched by Jahil the Great Magician.

Demon Lord Leon Cromwell and Silvia El-Ru on the other hand was still fighting in a very fierce battle. Demon Lord Rimuru Tempest and his subordinate Benimaru, who just arrived at the time, immediately split up and went to their respective target.

Rimuru's fight against Feldway the Phantom King ended in stalemate. Even Rimuru's [Turn Null] can't do any damage against Feldway's [Castle Guard], while Feldway himself couldn't do any damage to Rimuru, because once he made a hostile movement, the [Castle Guard] would deactivate on itself. These clashes between one of the strongest attacks and one of the strongest defences in the world caused huge shockwaves, shaking the earth and the heaven.

Meanwhile on the other side, Jahil firstly was able to corner Benimaru with his spear which was created by Human God (Ancestor). He was able to inflict a considerable amount of damage to Benimaru. Benimaru stayed calm and kept observing his enemy's movement as he waited for him to show an opening, just as his master taught him.

After a restless battle for almost one day one night, Benimaru managed to emerge victorious against Jahil with a very close call. He nearly exhausted all of his energy even though he was already an Awakened Demon Lord. 

With the death of Jahil, the situation began to get unfavourable for Feldway. It was now two against three. 

It's actually not big a deal for him, as long as his [Castle Guard] is activated. But he sensed a very bad omen. He could almost be certain that he just heard a cracking sound coming from his [Castle Guard].

Noticing his horrible luck and not wanting to bet in his survival, he ran away from the battlefield by teleporting. This chance was used by Rimuru to completely cut off the domination placed upon Leon.

On the Day of Armageddon, a huge image was projected to the sky. A blonde-haired man with red eyes in the projection opened his mouth dignifiedly.

"I am Michael, the one who brings justice to the world. Today, on this day and at this time, I declare a war to the residents of the entire world, for this world has taken my master from me. Try to run with all your might, clinging to your meaningless lives, as you are being sacrificed to resurrect Lord Veldanava the Creator. Let the Armageddon begin!"

In the Ice Continent in the north, fighting were two True Dragons: Velgrynd the Scorch Dragon and Velzard the White Ice Dragon. Velgrynd was able to buy some time for Guy to finally finish his Ritual of Status Change and begin his [Spiritual Dive] towards Velzard.

After talking with the young spirit of Velzard, [Lord of Envy, Leviathan] bit off [Lord of Patience, Gabriel]. Resisting stubbornly, [Gabriel] tried to protect the lock of the control circuit with a very strong defensive power. 

With the help of an "unknown interference", "alteration" was made, allowing the synthesis of [Gabriel] and [Leviathan] into a completely new ultimate skill, [Sovereign God of Ice, Cthulhu]. The domination was lifted up from Velzard, marking the end of battles in the Ice Continent.

Countless battles had broken out. As it might sound, countless casualties had fallen, too. But even after Michael had unleashed his remaining battle forces, it showed no result.

Enraged due to his plans always falling apart, Michael finally made his final move to reach his ultimate goal: taking the last Dragon Factor they needed to achieve their greatest goal. In order to do that, he must take Veldora the Storm Dragon no matter what.

He rushed to the labyrinth located at Capital City of Rimuru, Jura Tempest Federation. But as he tried to get closer to Veldora, he was immediately stopped by someone—a beautiful girl with black hair reaching his shoulder, tied in a ponytail. 

Michael immediately recognized her as someone whom Feldway once was able to dominate. She seemed to be the user of [Lord of Hope, Sariel]. As the holder of an angelic skill, she should've been dominated. But strangely, she didn't seem to be dominated at all right now.

Michael had all the abilities which Ultimate Skill [Lord of Justice, Michael] had since he evolved into a Manas from it. However, the original ultimate skill didn't disappear and kept retaining its original power. It was as if Manas: Michael and [Lord of Justice, Michael] were two parallel existences. The original ultimate skill [Michael] was already transferred by Michael to his close friend, Feldway.

Michael tried to activate his own [Ultimate Dominion] towards her, but it was no use. Realizing it was useless, he tried to activate [Regalia Dominion] to forcibly dominate her.

It seemed to be working at first, but Chloe mightily resisted [Regalia Dominion] and somehow was able to overpower it. Her will was just too strong for him to be taken control of. 

She was supposed to be this strongest hero the mankind had after Rudra Nam Ul Nasca, Chosen Hero Chronoa. But it looked like not to be the case. This girl standing in front of him wasn't Chronoa, but Chloe Aubert, the master of Chronoa herself.

Chloe had gathered three elements of [Courage], [Hope], and [Justice]. By the presence of the Ultimate Skill [Lord of Space-Time, Yog-Sothoth] within her possession, "alteration" was automatically activated, allowing her ultimate skill to evolve into [God of Space-Time, Yog-Sothoth] by integrating [Sariel] into itself.

With the disappearance of the original [Sariel], the [Ultimate Dominion] placed upon Chronoa was released, allowing her to regain her free will. Now, she'd been back inside her master's body.

The present Michael was very strong after having assimilated himself with the power of the two True Dragons: the scorch and the ice. He can even use most of their powers. Not wanting to waste time over a prolonged fight, he unleashed [Atmospheric Prison Wall], an ability to solidify the atmosphere and formed a prison around the target, which he'd got from Velzard.

This prison was supposed not to be indestructible. And yet, Chloe easily cut the prison open using [Absolute Severance].

Furious, Michael drew his sword, or rather Rudra's sword. Michael and Chloe finally crossed swords, exchanging blows one after another. None was able to inflict damage on the other.

Even though Michael couldn't use his [Castle Guard] due to the absence of whoever loyal to him in the world, he could use Velzard's defensive skill, [Snow Crystal Shield].

Just as Chloe's slash was about to touch his body, he activated [Snow Crystal Shield]. The slash was so powerful, causing the [Snow Crystal Shield] to shatter. However, after having shattered, its fragments now changed into [Diamond Dust] and rained Chloe. Chloe tried to dodge it, but it was no avail. She got injured pretty badly by the [Diamond Dust] which blew her with a very high speed.

Michael unleashed [Cardinal Rain], one of Velgrynd's offensive skills, to deal the final blow. 

Chloe managed to dodge it with an exaggerated movement. Taking the same stance as before, she was now somehow in a completely unharmed condition, as if she was never hit by the [Diamond Dust] in the first place. She was able to "remember" the future where she "died", then return to the past to prevent her past self from going to the same way.

They kept being locked in a fight for a day and a night without any victor decided.

However, the stalemate broke once and for all when Michael lost his cool head and patience, causing him to show a tiny opening.

It might be a tiny opening, but for Chloe, this was an opportunity not to be wasted. The power of the Holy Magic [Disintegration] and the hopes of the residents of the entire world that this series of wars could end, which she solely carried upon her shoulders, she imbued them into her rapier, Moon Mistress Sword, as she launched [Consecutive Melt Slashes] towards Michael.

After the blinding light produced by the slashes died down, no one was there in front of Chloe. All traces of existence were gone. Michael had finally been erased from the world...

...

...

...or so it seemed.

In reality, the exact moment the first Melt Slash was about to hit him, Michael immediately dematerialized himself from Rudra's body, leaving Rudra's body as an empty shell and going back to Feldway's body in which one of his Parallel Existence is residing

Feldway who noticed this immediately asked his friend what was wrong. He said that they had no time to waste, and Feldway immediately teleport to the entrance gate of the labyrinth.

Some Guardian Lords tried to stop him but it was no use. When he knew he was about to be attacked, he would stop for a moment and activate it. With the return of Michael in his body, all of his abilities were usable to Feldway, too. After all attacks were deflected, he attacked back with the offensive skills got from the two True Dragons.

Understanding that they couldn't win individually, the remaining Guardian Lords in Tempest and the Ten Lords of the Labyrinth joined immediately in the topmost floor, all for protecting Veldora at all costs.

Feldway rushed his way to the 100th floor.

All Guardian Lords present and Lords of Labyrinth launched their attacks in tandem, which were easily deflected with [Castle Guard]. The fight continued rather fiercely, until the moment Feldway unleashed [Cardinal Acceleration], giving a huge blow to all of them who dared to get in his way.

Walking past the bodies lying helpless, he got closer to Veldora with a satisfied look.

Veldora was so terrified. Even the fear he felt when encountering his angry elder sisters couldn't even begin to compare with this. That is, the fear of being killed and losing his life to the enemies.

He tried to attack Feldway with all his might, but it was no avail.

Feldway and Michael combined their [Regalia Dominion]s in sync towards Veldora. With the two [Regalia Dominion]s having the same intent, their power of absolute domination doubled. Veldora who wasn't able to withstand it, finally fell into their hands.

They quickly stole Veldora's dragon factor and kill him in place, then disappeared.

Rimuru, who was away from Tempest far in the western lands, instantly noticed what happened to his sworn friend as they were connected through [Soul Corridor]. He teleported instantly to the labyrinth and went straight to the 100th floor, just to find his Guardian Lords and Ten Lords lying helpless, barely having their energy left.

He took out several Full Potions and gave them to each of them. Invoking [True Dragon Release - Storm], he revived Veldora with his perfect memory.

Veldora told Rimuru everything he could remember about what had happened.

Realizing what it meant, Rimuru hurriedly formed a communication with all Octagram—except Dagruel—through his Demon Lord's Ring as he was flying towards the Gate of Heaven together with Diablo. Diablo also formed a communication with the three demonesses—Testarossa, Carrera, and Ultima—through his master's [Soul Corridor] as the medium.

As the result, all Demon Lords, all three True Dragons, all Seven Primordial Demons, and Hero Chloe Aubert raided the Heavenly Star Palace.

The "Heavenly Star Palace" is a very small flat world. It exists within the inner surface of a sphere—the Heavenly Realm—with the lower half being the earth and the upper half being the sky. It is less than a hundred square kilometers in size, has only a temperate climate with no four seasons, and has included a beautiful white-chalk castle.

However, when they look around, no one is there. Only a horrible scenery is in front of their eyes. The castle, which used to be standing on the Heavenly Star Palace, has fallen into total ruins.

Suddenly, a loud roar echoes throughout the Heavenly Realm.

It is a gigantic, yet majestic jet-black dragon with his eyes burning red in rage.

They try to locate Feldway's aura, but it is nowhere to be felt. It then makes them arrive at a conclusion that Feldway and Michael indeed were able to achieve their ultimate goal, but it must be paid with their vey lives.

But even if they are dead, a far bigger problem has arisen. In the end of the day, their ultimate goal to resurrect their master—the strongest being, the Creator, the god, Star King Dragon Veldanava—has been fulfilled. Star King Dragon Veldanava has been revived, once again living in the world which he had created.

All of those who had a direct connection with him immediately recognize him just by a quick glance. They are the True Dragon Siblings, who miss their eldest brother so much after more than two thousand years, Guy Crimson, the one who had fought him and a friend who assumed the role of "mediator". And Milim, who never saw her parents' faces even once, immediately knows for sure that he was her father.

However, this won't be a heartwarming reunion. Yes, all of them are aware of that fact. Those burning red eyes have told everything they need.

This "Veldanava" in front of them isn't the real Veldanava. It's true that Feldway and Michael were able to revive him using the three Dragon Factors, but the one they revived isn't a complete Veldanava. Two crucial parts of him were missing: Veldanava's own Dragon Factor and his original soul.

And thus, the resurrection resulted on the dragon in front of them, a Veldanava with a completely new soul and twisted ego. But then it was also incomplete and corrupted. Being a completely different person, he turned into a True Chaos Dragon, who will bring chaos and destruction upon the worlds he once created.

This Veldanava has the half of the real Veldanava's power. He has almost all the skills the real Veldanava had had, except a few of Seven Virtues Ultimate Skills which aren't present. But even so, his pure power is simply unfathomable.

Even though the chance of winning is very thin, they have no choice but to do it. Because the Heavenly Star Palace is the place of beginnings, the complete destruction of this realm will consequently cause all worlds originated from here to get destroyed as well.

In order to prevent that, all of them have to protect those worlds at any costs before the Creator himself. And so, the curtain of the final battle is lifted, marking the last chain of battles in the Tenma Great War.

A monstrous amount of energy overwhelms the Gap of Dimensions.

The Heavenly Realm is connected to all worlds through the Gap of Dimensions with the Gate of Heaven acting as the entrance gate.

Because the fight happens in the Gap of Dimensions, it won't cause any collateral damage to be inflicted on the worlds. It is a perfect place for a battle, indeed. If they can't win against him, at the very least, it is possible to prevent him from escaping the Gap of Dimension.

All people are fighting with all power they had. But it is all but a futile action. No one is able to inflict damage on him. And even this applies to the True Dragon Siblings. "Veldanava" just stands still, observing many people attacking him all at once as if he is looking at pests.

He finally makes his move. He lets out a very loud roar that can pierce every and each eardrum that it passes through. It is so loud, that it can even affect someone who only uses [Magic Perception] as their source of perception.

But it isn't just the roar that is deadly, it is also accompanied by an extremely heavy pressure which no one, and literally no one is able to resist. His strenuous aura spread, filling the Gap of Dimension. Almost everyone gets petrified in place, being not able to move even their fingertips.

But eight chosen people are still able to withstand it: Velzard, Velgrynd, Veldora, Guy Crimson, Milim Nava, Ramiris in her adult form, Chloe Aubert, and Rimuru Tempest. All eight of them continue to attack "Veldanava" even under this heavy pressure and aura, although their movements are now quite restricted.

"Veldanava" immediately recognizes them as a danger. 

The individual named Rimuru Tempest, especially, is marked as a threat to be eliminated as quickly as possible.  This is due to Rimuru leaking the aura of a True Dragon, which is even stronger than the three True Dragon Siblings. He is the one to deal with most of the attacks. And furthermore, he seems to be wielding a form of energy which a mere creature should've never had it: the void energy.

"Veldanava" rains the entire Gap of Dimensions with scorching flames and lava until some of them reached the Heavenly Realm. 

Those flames aren't mere flames. Those are as hot as the core of a star. They are so hot that it can trigger a "nuclear fusion", producing a huge amount of energy.

But they are still able to keep the damage dealt onto themselves bare minimum using their defensive and evasive capabilities. And one of them, Rimuru, is even able to literally devour the attacks.

"Veldanava" is enraged. Before the four of them prepare their final moves, he has taken one step ahead. 

A big magic circle appears around Rimuru. The phenomenon is rewritten and converged into one magic spell. It swallows up all the energy that filled the space and even the raging quake in time. Then with that immeasurable energy, it took Rimuru away to the End of Time and Space.

The Ultimate Magic Art, the Ultimate Magic of Space-Time that forces the target to leap to someplace where time and space had completely stopped flowing.

Its name is...

...

...

Chrono Saltation.

~TO BE CONTINUED~

Sorry if my description of the battle was too undescriptive, brief, and undetailed. xD 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

594K 14.7K 62
Rimuru had been called to attend Walpurgis, by non-other than Guy himself. Realizing the dire situation, Rimuru makes haste to attend the banquet. Bu...
66.3K 1.2K 24
A fanfic that is probably a Rimuru x Ciel or Rimuru x Chloe that I've made who knows.... (Im conflicted) Also I do not owned the characters of the fa...
197K 7.2K 40
(spoiler warnings for vol 12 of the lightnovel for Tensei slime) Danmachi x TSSDK A country loses its king, and another gains a final boss. Having...
735 23 7
Hey wait! before you ignore this! It is a good story, with better writing then what I have mostly seen on this site! I know it is not everyone's cup...