On The Run | Wakasa I. (Tokyo...

By noticeyoursenpaii

[WAKASA X READER] When a long time friend of the Black Dragons' former members suddenly returns after years w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Back in Japan
Chapter 2: Beg
Chapter 3: Walk Home
Chapter 4: Dinner With You
Chapter 5: Carry
Chapter 6: Old Friend
Chapter 7: Dumb
Chapter 8: Forced to Date
Chapter 9: Lies
Chapter 10: Missing Person
Chapter 11: Suspicious Men
Chapter 12: Heiress
Chapter 13: Truth
Chapter 14: Suspicious
Chapter 15: Quarrel
Chapter 16: With The Akashi
Chapter 17: Veeery Insensitive
Chapter 18: Runaway Bride
Chapter 19: Apologies
Chapter 20: Distant
Chapter 21: Attacked
Chapter 22: Worry
Chapter 23: Scars
Chapter 24: A First
Chapter 25: Victim
Chapter 27: A Night To Remember
Chapter 28: The Day It Started
Chapter 29: Mistakes
Chapter 30: Apple of His Eye
Chapter 31: Words We Want To Hear
Chapter 32: Still On The Run
Chapter 33: Missing
Chapter 34: A Friend's Care
Chapter 35: Reversed Game of Tag
Chapter 36: Scared
Chapter 37: Princess and The Royal Guard
Chapter 38: Promises with a Mother
Chapter 39: Raid
Chapter 40: Run With Me
Chapter 41: Run Away
Chapter 42: Crazy
Chapter 43: Guilt
Chapter 44: I Promised
Chapter 45: Just The Two Of Us
Chapter 46: Treat
Chapter 47: One-Sided
Chapter 48: Talk
Chapter 49: Worst Friend
Chapter 50: The Densest
Chapter 51: A Little Help
Chapter 52: Better Hurry
Chapter 53: Bad Feeling
Chapter 54: Weak Side of Me
Chapter 55: The Surprise
Chapter 56: Miracle
Chapter 57: No Home To Return To
Chapter 58: Unwanted Promise
Chapter 59: Siding with Kanto
Chapter 60: Awake
Chapter 61: End Things
Chapter 62: I Want To See Her
Chapter 63: Past
Chapter 64: Accept
Chapter 65: Approaching Battle
Chapter 66: Meeting the Crazy Bastard Again
Chapter 67: Sacrifice
Chapter 68: Younger Version of Her Mother
Chapter 69: Saved
Chapter 70: Finally
Chapter 71: Back To You
Epilogue

Chapter 26: Stay

2.2K 115 7
By noticeyoursenpaii

3RD PERSON'S POV

Y/N is now almost finished in packing her things that were left undone last night. After their talk during breakfast, she only left Wakasa hanging on his curiosity when she replied to his question with a simple shrug. And then again, he's been questioning her as he's watching her fix her things in her room.

"Why did you choose to stay here with me? You could've gone to the Akashis." He crossed his arms and didn't even bother helping the girl who's struggling in inserting everything into her bag. She let out a laugh seeing how persistent the man was.

"Curious, aren't we?" She paused and looked at him and wiggled her eyebrows playfully. "Sorry but I prefer to stay with a pretty boy like you." She teased to which he glared in response.

"That was a serious question." He huffed.

"And that was a serious answer." She giggled and went back to zipping up her bag. With a frown, he walked up to her and grabbed her wrist to stop her.

"Stop packing already." Pulling her away from the bed, he unzipped her bag and pulled her clothes out and onto the bedsheets.

"Huh? What are you doing??" Y/N was surprised and puzzled at the same time at his behavior and tried to stop him but Wakasa didn't budge an inch despite her efforts.

"You're staying here." He simply said, clearly implying that he isn't taking no for an answer.

"Eh?! Are you crazy?? I can't stay here any longer. They'll find you!" Her mind felt like malfunctioning at his sudden change of mind but for some reason, hearing him say that made her glad. Even when she can't read whatever is in his mind to convince her to stay, still she's happy for it.

"And??" He raised a judging brow at her and she returned it with a sassier look, placing a hand on her hip.

"What do you mean and?? You'll get in trouble because of that." She even pushed his forehead back with her finger as if that would help in inserting the information in his head. However, Wakasa effortlessly stopped her wrist and looked at her seriously.

"I'm aware of that. But I can defend myself. I am not letting you live alone when you're in this dangerous situation." By his answer, she was silenced.

Her heart was jumping in joy followed by the butterflies celebrating in her stomach at his words. Even when his tone was nowhere near heartwarming, she felt how much he cared for her at this very moment.

"Wakasa..." A smile tugged on her lips that she failed to hide. He's looking at her with confusion in his eyes at her seemingly bright aura. With a giggle, she threw herself onto him, wrapping her arms around his neck in a tight embrace.

"O-Oi!" Protectively, his arms wrapped around her waist in an instant but he failed to keep their balance when the back of his leg hit the edge of the bed, causing the both of them to fall down with her on top of him.

"You love me too much." She chuckled, not even caring that they just stumbled to the soft and comfy sheets where her clothes were scattered.

However, Wakasa is internally panicking because of their position. He's too scared to even return the hug for being taken aback. He doesn't even know what's running on her mind about the kiss last night. He could only gulp while trying to calm himself down, hoping to not do anything he'll regret later on.

"Y/N—!!" He was about to tell her to get off when he felt her tighten her hold on him as soft uncontrolled sobs were heard beside his ear.

Wakasa doesn't even know how much his words and decision made the girl feel.

When Y/N left a long time ago, she also lost the feeling of home. She entered a whole new and different world that her ideal home was no longer a part of it. When she ran away, she felt even more homeless, knowing she has no home to return to with no friends like them. But she's lucky to have friends who welcomed her back when she returned. However, she never felt that same feeling before of being at home because no matter how she looks at it, she only forced herself into his house without giving him a choice.

So him trying to stop her from leaving means a lot to her... especially at this time when she's growing afraid of being alone again in fear of losing them anytime.

"Thank you. I'll get rid of them quick if they try to do anything funny to you." Her being overwhelmed caused her emotions to flow out and couldn't stop her tears so all she could do was cage him in an embrace so he wouldn't notice... but failed anyway to which Wakasa remained silent about.

Somehow getting an idea on why the girl is reacting this way, he decided to wrap an arm around her in a protective manner and used his other hand to pat her head and comb her silky hair with his slender fingers, hoping that it'll help in calming her down.

"Stupid. Not that they can do anything to me." Seeing that the girl is still trying to hide her feelings hurts him. It wasn't because she isn't leaning on him more... but because he couldn't even imagine how painful it must be for her to endure everything she's gone through. And he couldn't even help her... not even once.

It frustrates him to think that he wasn't there to defend her, to fight for her. He doesn't even mind the thought that she had a baby with someone. Because his focus was all on how she suffered when she had the child. And it pains him that an innocent being that she probably treasured a lot just had to leave her too early.

"I'm sorry." He suddenly blurted out, feeling his eyes sting as well for the female.

"What for?" She has finally calmed down but still didn't let him go as his arms were still locking her body with his.

"For your child." He hesitantly said in a very low tone, scared that it'll trigger something in her. But Y/N only shook her head and pulled away from him with a soft smile.

"I'll be fine. I wouldn't want him to live with a father like Calix anyway." She knows all too well that if he grew up in that environment, her kid will only suffer in the hands of his own father.

"Him?" He asked, confused at how she addressed her unborn child. Her face went bright and she turned to lay beside him and faced the ceiling.

"I just assumed his gender. I wanted a boy if I ever get a child." He blinked at her response before slowly nodding his head as well in understanding.

"I see."

"Although I don't think I'll be able to have one someday." She continued with a pout. Wakasa frowned at this and decided to ask.

"Why?"

"I wouldn't want to have a family only to live in fear of the mafia attacking." She replied as if she's so sure that they will experience such situation if she is to have a family just like how she and her father ar have been experiencing.

"But isn't that your long time dream? To build a family of your own." Wakasa stated. He could clearly remember how Y/N would never shut up about dreaming of having her own family in the future and live a contented life. So to hear her say that feels so different even though he can tell from her eyes how much it saddens her.

"You remember." She flashed a toothy grin at him. "You're right, it is. I still want to... but I don't want the same thing to happen and I don't want the cycle to continue. I want it to end with me." Y/N has already experienced and faced too much and enough for her to no longer dream of something that shouldn't even be a big deal in the mafia.

It was disappointing for him to hear her say this. He was sad at the same time to think that she's just gonna give up her long time dreams like that.

"What if you meet someone?" He asked pertaining to a person she'll soon fall in love with and somehow hoping to see a glimpse of chance for himself. Y/N was surprised at this question but still giggled like a playful kid, thinking how stupid his question was.

"I wouldn't be meeting anyone." She straightforwardly answered.

'How could I be interested with anyone new when I already know you?' She can only laugh to herself at what she thought.

With a sweet smile, she looked at him with the softest eyes he could witness while reassuring him.

"That's something I'm sure of."

___________
Author's Note:
Oh don't mind them. Just two blind and obviously sus people in a room talking about life...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 195 24
What is it that kids do nowadays? Well, it seems like many of them (especially boys) enjoy running around with their friends, forming gangs. One spe...
38K 1.1K 26
When you were younger you and your friends put your faith in heroes, but after seeing a different side of them things change... You were friends with...
69.7K 3.2K 53
[SHINICHIRO X READER] After almost five years of not being able to cross paths with each other, two people are reunited in a blind date set by a fri...
473K 20.8K 57
[COMPLETE ✅] *✿❀❀✿**✿❀❀✿**✿❀❀✿**✿❀❀✿* After years of unconsciousness, she regained her "life" only to find the people she treasured had changed for t...