Office Romance

By Lisa_Sylvia

"It's either you accept my offer or walk out of this company, then I can send this to all firms you apply to... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-one
Chapter Forty-two

Epilogue

1.2K 19 14
By Lisa_Sylvia

§§Third Person's Point Of View.

Pamela stood by the mirror, at three months her stomach was still flat, though a small pump could be seen but it wasn't big enough to push through the wedding dress. She took a small sip of her champagne, it was just a taste, she had sworn off all alcoholic drinks after she had confirmed she was pregnant.

Skylark sat stuffing her face with food. "I need to date the chef, this is so good." She was saying, though most of the words came out incoherently. She took another spoon but then stopped and looked down at her round belly. A huge grin fitting her lips.

"I felt the first moment." She placed her plate down and put a hand on her stomach. Pamela gave her an encouraging grin.

Noreen stood by the dressing mirror applying another layer of lip stick. "Sometimes I wonder what is inside. Food or the baby?"

Skylark picked up her plate. "I can tell you both but there is more of the latter than the former."

Noreen rolled her eyes and mouthed 'more of food than baby.' Pamela grinned back at her. It was her wedding say after all. And the butterflies in her stomach were not form the champagne in her hand but from the anticipation of what was to come.

There was a soft tap on the door. "I will get it. Skylark was on her feet and opened the door a small inch."

"Password?"

"She is my wife. I have a right."

Skylark closed the door on his face. "I have told you many times Kyle, it is bad luck to see the bride before the wedding. She might decide to dump you for the post boy."

The man insisted. "You will soon see her and have her for the whole night. The bed might complain to, so have mercy on it, will you?"

There were voices and a soft tap bounced back on the wooden door. Skylark gave a frustrated sigh. She opened the door.

"I told you Kyle oh, Mrs Diaz what are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see my daughter dear, I hope I am allowed?" Skylark stepped back.

"Yes, yes please come in, Kyle isn't allowed."

Mrs Diaz walked into the room and her eyes glistered with tears as she looked at her daughter. "My baby."

She opened her arms for Pamela. "I promised you I will not cry but I can't help it." She let go and pulled out a tissue paper.

"She does look so beautiful." Mr Diaz hugged his daughter. Fatherly love radiating from his body. He was a proud man. His only daughter was getting married.

"A fine lady." Mrs Diaz said.

There came another knock and two gentlemen walked in. Richard cleared his throat. "Mr and Mrs Diaz, Pamela, Noreen, I am here to take the braid's maid, we are about to start."

Skylark was out in a second but not without giving Pamela a huge and a kiss.

"Fine wine aren't you? Kyle is so lucky, but I am the luckiest. Noreen?" Nile let out his hand. Noreen rolled her eyes.

"The only reason I said yes to walking the aisle with you was only because I couldn't another suitable partner."

He waved his hand. "Yes, yes, so we have heard. I would like us to go now. Kyle is getting impatient."

They walked out the door laughter filling the busy hall.

"I will go find my seat darling." Mrs Diaz placed a kiss on Pamela's cheek, and then kissed her husband.

"Are you ready child?"

"Papa, I am a big girl now, no longer a child."

He laughed. "You are and will always be my child. My child with a child growing in her tummy."

He closed the door behind them. "You know I remember when you were very young and you had stumbled upon your mother's wedding dress. You wore it but had to stand on a chair as it was so long and big for you. And you did your make up, a very messy one at that."

Pamela's giggled filled the air. She felt so much joy. "No, I didn't papa."

He winked. "Oh well we will see about that."

They stepped out of the house and into the big compound. It had been decorated to fit persons not more than twenty-five. They were getting married and not showing off. So closest family and friends had only been invited.

The band played the first strokes of music. Richard and Skylark walked down the aisle, both smiling, both happy. Richard took his place beside Kyle but left a space for Nile.

Nile and Noreen followed. As much as she tried to deny it, joy was written on the woman's face. There was hope between them, it might be small but it was there. She reminded herself.

Pamela and her dad moved after. The crowd small as they were stood up. Kyle the big strong man was brought down in tears, his cheek and nose getting pink then red. Rose was just as happy as her son was.

"Mr Diaz placed her hand in Kyle's and whispered. "She is yours, I know you will treat her well."

He held her hand, though it felt weird to feel him one finger less, but none the same she loved him more.

They faced the priest and a loud laugh escaped her lips. She turned back to her family. "Papa."

The older man smiled. "Took you long enough to notice the picture. You did look beautiful my child, but not as beautiful as you do now."

Ollie the peg dog marched forward with the basket that held the rings. Witty following behind him while sniffing at his butt.

Pamela nodded and the priest conducted the ceremony. Shouts of congratulations filled the air as the new couple kissed.

"I love you." Pamela told her new husband.

"I love you more my wife."

***

The sun had already set but that didn't the party from going on. Kyle pulled his wife to himself. He placed her hips to his growing hardness.

"Have I told you you look beautiful?" He whisper kissed her skin.

"Yes I believe you have, more than twenty times my love, this being the twenty first."

He turned her, his hands sneaking around her waist and pulling her close. She placed hers around his neck. Her head resting on his chest.

"Everyone looks happy."

He smelled her hair. His senses being filled with nothing but her beauty. "Today is a happy day."

"Did you notice your mom leave with a man? She seemed so happy Kyle."

His hand brushed her soft lips. "She is. She is trying to get back all she lost, and no she is not as old as you think."

"I didn't say she is old."

"I know you didn't, but you thought so."

He cut her off with the soft brush of his lips against hers.

"Skylark seems to be in love." He said.

"Richard makes her happy, he is a good guy." Pamela responded back, she searched the crowd and found the two seated together.

"He is going to propose to her very soon, he had to ask me first. He was so nervous."

Pamela looked at him. "Just like how you were?"

"I wasn't nervous." Kyle defended himself. "I was just, I don't know, worried you would turn me down after all I put you through."

It was Pamela's turn to kiss him, a kiss of reassurance. Her ring fitted perfectly on her finger. Her name Pamela Walters spelt on it.

"Why would I turn you down Kyle? Not now, not ever. You are stuck with me." He nodded and kissed her fingers.

His eyes watched his best friend chase after the woman he had grown close to.

"Noreen and Nile will kill themselves before they settle down."

Pamela looked at them. "They argue a lot but make out more. They will be fine."

"Umm."

Pamela looked back at the man she loved. A question had popped up in her head. "Kyle, what was in that USB?"

He chuckled. "I give you three guesses."

Pamela racked her brain. "A document?"

He shook his head no.

"Your bank details?"

Another shake of his head no.

"Okay wait a new business idea."

At that he laughed. "In that small device? No love that is not what is in."

"Then what is?" She pressed on.

"You know Ian would have gotten his hands on my documents had he looked properly."

"But the safe was empty baby." He nodded.

"I keep my pens and note pads there but a certain someone keeps pinching them and acts like I don't know." His gaze landed on Nile as he tried taking a piece of cake from Noreen's plate.

"Nothing important sits in there."

"So where is the safe?"

"Guess."

"Kyle!"

"Yes my love, guess."

Pamela was quiet for a while. "The picture in the bathroom. It is behind the dull picture of you in the bathroom."

"I am handsome in that picture by the way."

Pamela looked back at her husband. "Of course, you are, even with a finger short, you are fine as wine."

He kissed her nose.

"Now tell me what is in that USB."

He brought his lips down to hers. "Our first porn video of course." He didn't let her reply as his lips sealed hers ending what ever argument she was going to bring up.

Jake's suicide letter.

My love, you cannot imagine how sorry and bad I feel about myself. I know, I have lost that right to call you mine, to call you the woman my body and soul longs for. I have done you and our son so much wrong- that I feel I can never be forgiven. But I ask you as my last dying wish to forgive me.

The other day I met a godly man, I confessed my sins and he said there was a place for me. But I doubted God in heaven wanted a murderer or even an addict to grace his gates. I told him I was tired of life- Ian had lost all grip on all his businesses after Donna had broken up with Kyle and stopped receiving money or anything of value from him. I guess he had the right to stop it, Donna was never a good person. She had been dying inside but never knew it. She was never like you, sweet and gentle.

Please forgive me.

I have a huge debt to pay, one Ian will not take lightly until all cent is cleared- but I cannot, I have nothing to my name and no one for help. So, I will do the only thing possible.

Visit my grave once in a while, will you? And bring Johann to, I do not mind being the stranger in his life.

Please forgive me.

Till I see you again my sweet angel, though I doubt I will rest in paradise as the father said suicide is sin and you my love are an angel. If the afterlife permits, we will see but if it does not then I take my fate.

Goodbye. Jake.

THE END.

Thank you all so much for reaching this far ;) makes me so happy!

I hope you enjoyed Pamela's and Kyle's story? And let us not forget our two love birds Nile and Noreen.

Till next time and stay safe.

Jacum Lisa Sylvia.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18K 1.5K 53
COMPLETED ✔️(Editing Soon) "Marry me." I nearly spill my latte on the nicest dress I own. "Are you out of your mind?! We just met... plus I don't e...
3.3M 88.9K 53
"Lana i want you to be on my wedding day, there's no excuse I don't want to hear it anymore. You graduated from med school a few months ago and i kno...
11.2K 219 65
𝐍𝐀𝐎𝐌𝐈 It was bad enough working in a bakery with karens, but being an assistant is probably worse. Working at Cyber Tech is like highschool all...
7.7M 191K 51
"What if the right person is also your Mr. So Wrong?" *** Her lips touched and teased and coaxed him and he felt her touch in every cell and every bo...