Office Romance

By Lisa_Sylvia

"It's either you accept my offer or walk out of this company, then I can send this to all firms you apply to... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-one
Chapter Forty-two
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-four

647 17 1
By Lisa_Sylvia

§§Pamela.

The man turned at the sound of my voice. He was clearly handsome but there was no denying the fact that Kyle was more good looking. He smiled and I felt terminates crawl my skin.

"That I believe is true. Kyle here didn't see it fit to introduce us."

"Pamela." Kyle took a dangerously close step towards me.

"Now now, I am not going to eat her. Although, I do not mind having a try but dear brother do clam down a bit. She is to be my sister in low after all, or has there been a change in plans?" Something evil sparkled in his eyes, he was laughing.

A muscle in Kyle's jaw twitched. He was having a hard time controlling his temper.

"Pamela, can we talk?"

I linked my arms with his. "How about a dance? The floor isn't as crowded as it was."

He placed his hand on the small of my back and I felt myself stiffen. This was more than I had bargained for.

"Mr Stanfield." He kissed my fingers and smiled at me.

"Please call me Ian, Pamela."

He led us both to the dance floor and I could feel Kyle's gaze on my person. There was an awkward silence between the two of us but that didn't last long as the first chords of a slow song began to play.

"I am quite honoured to be acquainted with you. I have heard so much from Kyle, you are a man of many talents."

Such as almost killing me.

"Really darling?"

His hand moved an inch or two lower than its first position. He drew lazy circles around my ass. I cleared my throat.

"Yes, so much, but of course I would like to hear it all from the man himself. There is more pride when one tells his tale than another man doing it for him."

"You make me blush Pamela, and had I not been so tanned, then you would have seen my cheeks pink." His hand roomed my back and I had to bite my lips from screaming. I looked up the stairs and I saw Nile watching me. He gave a very small but discreet nod.

"Mr Stanfield- Ian. Tell me what is it about this business trip to Brazil? I heard Kyle rant on and on about it, but I couldn't get out the real details."

His grip tightened and his eyes searched the crowd for the man in question.

"It's not something to worry yourself with dear."

I pressed my front to his chest and whispered in his ears. "But of course, I should worry about it. As I hear you are quite interested in that business prospect. Think about all the money you could make with such plans."

The pervert moved his hand from my back to my front, his hands rested on my lower tummy. Again, I had to bite my tongue so hard to keep from screaming.

"Tell me all you know and I can pay you with any amount, or if you want, I could show you how a real man handles a woman." His hand it went lower.

I stepped back, putting some form of distance between us. With the smile I told him. "Meet me in the gardens in not less than ten minutes. There is something I have that might be of great importance to you."

He held onto my waist before I could leave his grip. "How do I know that this is not some kind of trap?" He whispered in my ears.

He was smart I had to give it to him. A curious devious person. I smiled a sad smile and let him see my emotions.

"Kyle hurt me by cheating on me twice. I want to pay him back the favour." Without any other word I walked towards the exit of the hall but as expected Kyle gripped my hand and pulled me behind a curtain.

His lips claimed mine without giving me room for an argument. He pressed me against the wall and ran his left hand all over my body. His right hand gripped mine and placed them above my head.

I moaned.

His lips moved to my neck, and I felt his wet kisses leave predatory marks.

The sounds of approaching footsteps brought me to the now. With all form of force, I pushed him aside. I placed my hands on my knees as I struggled for my breath.

"Pamela, what on earth were you doing with Ian. I gave you one rule, one warning. I told you not to associate yourself with Ian or my father. What on earth was that?" I looked up at him.

"Oh, really and you are so holy now huh? Fucking that lady Brenda and burying your face in that maid's chest. I can bloody do what I bloody want. And this ring." I brought the object to his line of view. He stared at it. What did he think I would do next?

"It has Donna's name, you gave me her fucking ring. And even though our engagement is fake and you forced me into this crap do you think anyone would believe us when they see me wearing this?"

Yes yes yes we are mad, the crazy woman has come out. Fuelled by jealousy and all sorts of madness. Damn Nile, he had put me through so much. Damn him to hell and back.

I moved from him and walked into the cold night's air. I allowed the darkness to enfold me. The tears I had so desperately held back gathered anew in my eyes.

I was not going to cry. I told myself. But even that was hard to do. I heard the low steps of someone's feet approach the area. I pressed my back against a tree and waited, just as expected Ian walked towards the spot.

"I thought you were not going to come." Though my voice sounded weak, it had the desired effect I wanted.

I heard other footsteps and looked to the side. I could see men in black. "For my protection, you never know when you might need them."

I nodded.

We walked further into the garden with him leading the way. I had one mission and I wasn't going to allow my emotions to disrupt me.

"So, what do you have?" I could see the butt of his gun sticking out of his waist pocket and he made no move to conceal it.

Act ignorant.

"Like I told you in the hall something that can help you."

I moved into the light and showed him a folder. A suited guy stepped forward and took the file from my hand. He ran his eyes all over the substance and flipped through the papers. When he found nothing dangerous, he handed it to his boss.

"And this contains?" He asked casually as his eyes hungered over the document. But he was not willing to show his excitement.

I walked over to the bench and took a sit. I could see the guns point my way.

Act ignorant.

"Anyone could easily tell that you and Kyle are rivals, and tale goes around that you are the stronger of the two. So, I figured if I partner with you, I could get front tickets to watching Kyle crumple to the ground. After all he hurt a deeply in love woman. He took my love for granted."

I made a show of admiring my nails.

"The Brazilian business. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?" I watched him through my lashes. He looked deep in thought.

"I have heard of it. A new business venture he wants to invest in."

I stood up and rounded the bench I needed to know that I was in safe hands. I adjusted the pendant around my neck and looked at him. Through the corner of my eyes, I could see two figures, they were discreet but not far enough for me to notice them.

"It's not any business, it is the business, and I doubt you aren't a fool and have already figured I have been working for Mr Walters for some time now. This," I gestured towards the file. "has been going for quite a while now, Nile has had the preparations arranged and the documents signed well except for a signature."

"Kyles?" He asked.

I nodded.

"It's rumoured to bring about millions to his business when all goes well. The containers are all packed and the ships are ready to depart. By Friday next week a business appointment should be arranged with one of the main investors. Though his signature is already on the file, he wants some form of reassurance."

I moved close to him and placed my hand on his shoulder. "A wise man would know what to do, though I advise you be discreet as Nile is the bigger brains than Kyle, he would be able to figure out if anything is amiss. If you have this file signed, then you will see your name in singing lights."

I had played my part well. It was up to him to play his.

"This other investor? Do you know him?"

I bite my inner cheeks.

"I am afraid I do not, and neither have I seen him. But he is rumoured to be the biggest sole investor in the Walters company."

He still looked thoughtful for a while. "And the dates of departure and arrival?"

"You have eyes don't you? Then read the damned paper."

He crossed the space and gripped my hand hard. "Have you no manners?" He whispered.

I smiled at him as I stepped out of his grip. "Darling I can be your devil and tormentor, don't tempt me."

I took my leave and without looking back I said. "This business transaction never happened."

I could feel my legs shake and my heart pound twice as first. I wanted to run but I knew that if I did, he would think something was wrong. My heels echoed on the paved ground. I could still hear the voices in the distant background.

I entered the main building through a side door and almost dropped to my knees. I was breathing in heavy breaths, and I felt I could collapse at any time.

I took a turn for my left and I was toppled over. I lost my balance on my heels and grazed my cheek on a sharp pointed spear of a Greek god. Surprised I looked up.

Lo and behold, the mighty warrior, defender of all brothers, the mean goodness herself.

Skylark.

I got to my shaky feet. My head was dizzy, and the room felt stuffy. My back hit the wall with a loud sound.

"I knew you were bad for him. I told you and I told him."

Wait she had actually spoken about me to her brother. I smiled.

"I didn't know you cared so much about me, and here I thought you were the heartless queen."

She wanted to crawl my eyes out. She gripped my neck in a tight hold, her nails pinching into my skin. Sweetness me it was just a conversation. But wait if she had known that I had spoken with Stanfield about the business deal, and she had heard everything then that meant she had lied about being ill and not attending the party.

I eyed her figure. She was dressed in an elegant black dress. Her heels sparkled and she had freshly applied make up on her face. Her eyes darkened as she continued her merciless assaults on my tender neck, the same part of my body that had not so long ago received secret kisses.

My eyes settled on her lower stomach, it wasn't tight fitting and-

"Now now a pregnant woman such as yourself should not be engaging in such strenuous activities. Leave them for the men will you."

She stepped back and looked around. How had I not noticed she was pregnant? Not that I had seen her. She was more willing to have me skinned alive than to actually share the same air with me.

Her hand involuntarily touched her stomach.

"How did you know? I was careful, how did you wait are you spying on me?"

I looked at her. "The more you hold it the more it is obvious darling."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 2.2K 11
" I am pregnant," I said timidly caressing my flat belly hoping that he will be happy hearing the news. After all, he is going to be a father. He sai...
587 248 21
Allison Monroe, a passionate college student of a Pre-Law course in University of the Philippines Diliman, come to believe that destiny no longer exi...
3.2K 87 43
Evanly's desires of being loved, feeling affection, satisfaction and sex were casted aside as she was stuck in a loveless marriage, but light shined...
1.2M 41.7K 59
Oliver, leave me. I have to go inside", I said making a failed attempt to free myself. "What is wrong with...", and the rest of the words got lost as...