Paris

By 19RaeNegade

In times where a war between the rich and the poor commences and evil lurks in the darkness, miraculous rebel... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77

15

480 26 31
By 19RaeNegade

{+}{+}{+}

Adrien's P.O.V

"You wanted to see me?" I questioned, sitting on an empty mat. Fu nodded with a smile, pouring some tea into a cup.

"I have noticed your bond with Ladybug is starting to form," the old man said, sliding the cup of tea over to me before pouring his own. I scowled at the geezer for bothering me with such trivial things. Does he not know I have much more important things to do? Hawkmoth is still afoot and can release an army of Akuma's any day!

"If you are just going to waste my precious time with small talk, I will take my leave right now," I huffed. Fu's smile fell, sadness lingering in his weary eyes. The elder man sighed, taking a sip from his cup.

"I do have an undercover assignment for you alone. I just wished to hear how you are doing these days from yourself than from your teammates," he explained, staring down at the table with a look of melancholy. I grimaced, feeling a twinge of guilt but did not let it show. I stayed silent and held a blank-slate expression, patiently waiting for him to continue.

   "There will be a masquerade party held tonight for a newly engaged couple. I have been informed that one of Hawkmoth's Akuma may be attending but my source was not very sure. I would like you to go and see if these rumors are true," Fu explained the mission.

   The old man pulled out a string with beads out from under the table and presented it. I raised an eyebrow, wondering why he is showing me a child's tacky jewelry.

   "If you would have studied," Fu pointedly said, making me sheepishly smile, "you would know that this accident witch's charm will give off a glow when whoever's essence it has last absorbed is near."

   Master Fu handed the charm over to me before finishing, "Your disguise is in your room with an address of where the party will be held and the time it will start."

   I gave a definite nod, understanding what I have to do. If this assignment will get me a step closer to defeating Hawkmoth, I will go every mile until I reach my goal. He will pay for taking the love of my life away.

   I will destroy that villain even if I die trying.

Master Fu's P.O.V

   "Are you sure he can do this?"

   I turned my head to see Lady Olympia and the very girl who made the charm appear from thin air. The girl continued, "Charms like that are quite difficult to make. My resources are pretty limited when magic is outlawed (it took me years to gather the ingredients). If he breaks that charm, it may be impossible to make another."

   "Tha' boya is abou' as reckless as day come! Specially, da theme of his powa" Lady Olympia said in agreement before adding, "Thou, I do trust dis fella geezer!"

   I gave them both a reassuring smile, sipping the steaming cup of tea.

   "Do not worry. He may be the embodiment of bad luck but good luck will always be there to balance him out. For when there is chaos, hope is never too far away," I replied, pouring another cup of tea, "Would you ladies care to join me for some tea?"

   The two glanced at each other before shrugging their shoulders. They both sat down on an empty mat and nursed their drinks.

   "I will trust your judgment—both of your judgments," the girl calmly spoke, looking down at her tea.

   "Do not only have trust, have faith that he will succeed," I replied, "This war has made us suffer for much too long. It is our due time for a victory and many more to come."

   The girl smiled, seeming a bit more confident in our cause. Yet, I can tell she is still on edge. I do not blame her for having the slightest doubts. She has faced many perils and hardships in her past due to the laws.

   Witches are considered criminals for practicing or participating in the ways of magic. Who knows when the last time she came out of the shadows—came out from hiding. She just wants to feel safe again and not have to look around every corner for danger.

   My home will always be a safe haven for her.

   "Have a drink of the tea. It will soothe your nerves, Juleka."

{+}{+}{+}

Marinette's P.O.V

   "How come nobody told me we are having a masquerade party until the very last second. Also, why am I not wearing a mask for this occasion?" I asked, ticked off. Ella continued messing with my hair while listening to my complaining.

   "I do not know the answer to either question. I only know that the Rossi's planned a celebration at their house for you and your fiancé. I believe the invitation may have purposely arrived late to scare your mother out of her wits," Ella mused to herself, making me smile in amusement too.

   I may dislike Lila with a passion but I will silently applaud her for being brave enough to mess with my mother. My mother is known for being the fiercest woman in the wealthy society. Now that I am engaged to Luka, mother has set aside her claws on the Rossi family to stay on their good. She cannot slip her lady-like demeanor for a moment or else the marriage will be called off.

   Speaking of my mother, she barged into my bedroom in a frantic state. She is dressed in a navy blue gown and holding a mask with a long stick attached.

    "Is she almost ready? We need to arrive an hour early before the party starts," mother asked in an almost pleading way.

    "I need seven more minutes then Lady Dupain-Cheng will be ready, mademoiselle," Ella answered without losing her concentration on my hairdo.

   "Alright," mother skittishly replied. She sternly continued, shifting her attention toward me, "Dear, remember to be on your best behavior. This is your last chance for redemption for the family name. Please, do not act out of line and be what you are supposed to be, a lady."

I did not say anything back. My jolly mood turned bitter after mother entered my quarters. I want to say something sarcastic but...I am somewhat on edge by the tone of her voice. She sounds almost scared when pleading for me to be good. Mother has been acting strangely since a few days ago.

Did whatever the thief assault my mother with having to do with her changes?

I finally responded with a stiff nod, blankly staring at myself in the mirror.

A knock came from the door before it squeaked open. Father poked his head inside the room.

"Are you ready to go?" he asked.

"I am finished," Ella announced after spraying nearly the entirety of the hairspray on my hair. I stood up from my seat and swiftly followed my parents to the horse-drawn carriage. Once the three of us are settled in the small space, father signaled the coachman that we can head off.

Before the carriage jerked to a start, I felt a terrible feeling wash over my body and make the hairs on the back of my neck stand. Before the party even has begun, I somehow know that it will be nothing but troubling.

This is going to be a long night.

{+}{+}{+}

Chat Noir's P.O.V

   "I have arrived at my destination," I said into my communicator, "Once I detransform, we will no longer be able to communicate."

   "Very well," Rena Rouge's voice came through, "Good luck in there and stay safe, tiger."

   I disabled the call and vaulted from the rooftop into an open window on the side of the large house. Tucking my body in, I rolled on the floor to slow down my momentum and stop. I did a speedy scan of the dark hallway with my night vision. My cat ears perked up at the sound of some guys talking.

   Still clutching my baton, I extended it to the floor and launched myself up. In the split second I paused in midair, I retracted my weapon before extending it again horizontally. The ends collided with the walls, holding me above the walkway. Two guards turned the corner and continued their talk, not noticing me dangling above them.

"How long did you stand in that decorative knight's armor?" the younger of the two guards asked, chuckling.

"I had to stand still in the very position the armor was in for around three hours until nobody else came through. I managed to take off the armor but I heard someone coming from around the corner. So, I ran off. I found out later it was the Duke of Damping who found it and was blamed for the incident," the second guard guffawed.

The two guards turned the corner laughing their heads off. I retracted my weapon and softly landed on the floor. Shaking my head, I muttered under my breath, "Imbeciles."

"Plagg claws in," I said, feeling my super suit being replaced with my formal disguise and coverup, Félix Graham de Vanily. Plagg floated nearby with a look of expectancy on his face. I rolled my eyes and handed over his smelly cheese. The Kwami did not hesitate to swallow it without chewing.

"Why do you even like cheese? You are a cat, for crying out loud," I questioned, a bit irritated that I smell like putrid cheese all the time.

"Would you rather be carrying cheese or sardines in your pocket?" Plagg questioned. Okay, he has a point there. I opened my jacket and gestured for the being of destruction to hide in the inner pocket.

   Then, I carefully traveled through the hallways, following the sounds of talking and music. I hid behind tapestries, a knight's armor, and in the thickest, shadowy corners as to not be seen by the guards. I somehow managed to arrive at a door consisting of the most noise behind it. I grabbed the handle and twisted it open.

   I winced at the loud groan the door made but it did not seem to cause any unnecessary disturbance. I poked my head into the room, seeing a bunch of jabbering wealthy snobs trying to outshine each other. Quiet entering the giant area, I closed the door and stayed near the wall.

   I grabbed the charm from my pocket, seeing a faint purplish glow coming off the magical instrument. I slightly pulled open my jacket and whispered to Plagg, "I need you to give a signal when the enemy is near."

   Plagg let out a sigh, "Fine but it will cost you."

   I placed the charm with Plagg before looking at the crowd of rich beasts. I will need to interact with these fools if I am ever to find that Akuma.

   "This is not going to be pleasant," I thought, sourly. Putting on the fakest, charming grin only a scoundrel could pull, I blended myself into the crowd. It feels like an hour has passed when it has merely been ten minutes. I suppose listening to adults bicker like children get boring and very irritating.

   "I own one of the finest resorts on the other side of the world," a man chortled.

   "How very lovely. Though, I would much rather stay on the island I own than have to pay for a resort," a woman replied, sinisterly.

   "What about you, Felix? Does your family own any fabulous establishments?" A different male asked me. I perked up, not expecting any of these snobs to give me the light of day.

   "Oh, why yes," I cleared my throat, "My family has a...uh...an underwater hotel."

   The group's eyes widen in astonishment. Before they can question me further, the music stopped and trumpets played. I twisted my head toward the back of the room. A girl with auburn hair and a sly smile stood upon a stage.

   "Welcome esteemed guests to my cousin's and his fiancée's engagement party. May we give cheers to congratulate the couple!" she proposed toward what I assumed is the couple. I could have sworn I saw a hint of venom in the bluenette's eyes.

   The auburn-haired girl held up a glass of champagne. Everyone raised their glasses and merrily cheered out, "Cheers!"

   "We wish you both the best," she added before taking a sip. The partygoers followed suit. I took this chance to escape the group and return to the wall. I let out a sigh of relief, finally able to breathe.

   "And I thought training was exhausting," I grumbled, gladly taking a break from those miscreants.

   "Psst, sunshine," Plagg called from inside my jacket, "The magic thingy is glowing a bit brighter."

   I immediately raised my head without a second thought and searched for any suspicious-looking characters nearby. I do not see anything out of the ordinary. Whoever this Akuma may be, it is not going to be easy to find. I kept grazing my sight over the filthy rich until one caught my attention.

   An intimidating man standing off to the side, wearing a white and gray suit.

   I narrowed my eyes.

   "Who is he?"

{+}{+}{+}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.7K 848 34
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 years ago, Hawk Moth was defeated. 𝐎𝐍𝐄 year ago, Shadow Moth appeared. 𝐀𝐍𝐃 this year, our original Ladybug and Chat Noir have return...
897 12 25
Adrien and Marinette Agreste, a.k.a. Ladybug and Chat Noir are one of the top pairs working for a French secret service agency known as Miraculous. A...
5.8K 297 49
Marinette Dupain-Cheng is as we all know, the one and only Ladybug. She has an awesome partner named Chat Noir who's secret identity is none other th...
87.2K 4.1K 21
Marinette has always been invisible, which comes in handy saving the streets of Paris as Ladybug. Adrien is the opposite, always the center of attent...