Memoir of the Messenger (tras...

By 01LuNa08

The war has ended, they had finally killed the man whose sole ambition is to conquer the world, the White Sta... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
End

Chapter 1

23.1K 932 207
By 01LuNa08

It was peaceful.

After almost five years of battling, the war has finally come to an end, and peace was eventually returned to them.

The sound of glasses clinking with hushed laughter and whispers muffled by the soft music in the background can be heard across the hall, where the royal banquet is held, One of the castles that Alberu owns here in the Roan Kingdom.

It was the celebration of Alberu Crossman, the newly crowned king, and for the heroes who had succeeded in defeating the white star.

But in the far side of the corner, stood a raven-haired man with matching pitch-black eyes with only one way to describe it, dark and cold. Wearing a black tux with golden embroidery, different from his everyday attire, and a sword attached to his hips while keeping a stoic face, making the others hesitant on whether to approach him or not.

Although it was obvious that he was very eye-catching, enough for the noblewomen to keep stealing glances of him, with flustered faces every time they did.

But he chose to stay oblivious from it, instead of feeling flattered, he was quite annoyed by the attention and their strong smell of perfume that lingers on his nose. He suppressed a grimace.

Choi han would very much prefer to spend his time on training and sparring with the Molan duo or Lock than to spend the night on entertaining these disgusting nobles, who did nothing but hide behind their guards and their expensive tall gates during the war, well except Taylor and of course his Majesty, King Alberu who he swore to protect and his undying loyalty.

Even though the war has ended, he can't have the time to enjoy this tranquility, he still hasn't felt assured as they haven't managed in killing every one of them, some of the white star's minions have managed to escape and were able to hide before they got to them.

He unconsciously closed his fist, and stared to the ground, hiding his eyes that show so much killing intent.

He remembered the harris village that burned down, killing everyone in it. His companions and the innocent people who died because of them.

A hand on his shoulder interrupted his train of thoughts, He slowly look up only to see Rosalyn. Unlike the noblewomen who wore long gowns and big skirts with fur and extravagant necklaces and rings, she wore a simple pleated black dress with a matching vest and only small earrings for her jewelry.

"Snap out of it, you wouldn't want to scare the nobles, am I right?" she whispered and slowly retracted her hand. He didn't realize he almost released his aura. He clicked his tongue but didn't say anything, knowing he's in the wrong.

Even though he doesn't give a shit what the nobles would think, he still respected His Highness, enough to not cause a scene. Especially he had promised them that he would try his best in controlling his emotion.

Rosalyn crossed her arms on her chest as she went to stand beside him. they both stared at the sea of nobles who's busy chattering around, smiling as if the war had never happened.

Then again, they have never really experienced it. When people grieved for the loss of their loved ones, they are busy crying about their loss of income or destroyed properties, worried that they would be less wealthy than they were before.

A few minutes have passed before Rosalyn started to speak, breaking the silence between them.

"What are you doing here in the corner? Shouldn't you stand beside his Majesty?" Her eyes flickered at the other side of the hall, Choi han, who had regained his composure, followed her gaze.

The image of Alberu with a golden crown that seems to be made only for him with his blond hair and blue eyes complimenting it.

He is surrounded by nobles, who before ignored him when he was still the least favorite child among his sibling and the most unlikely to inherit the throne despite being the eldest and having the title of the crown prince, are now wanting to earn his favor with their shameless tactics.

How brazen, indeed.

Choi han frowned before answering nonchalantly. "He can manage." and averted his eyes to the front again.

Rosalyn only raised his brow and didn't say anything else. She later straightened her posture as she spoke. "Speaking of the devil."

He glance back and saw that Alberu was coming in their way. In unhurried but long stride, producing an elegant air around him with each step that he takes.

They both bowed their head before greeting in unison. "Your Majesty."

He smiled before greeting them in return. "Greetings, Choi han... I'm relieved and honored to know that you took the time to come and grace us with your presence." He averted his blue eyes towards Rosalyn before continuing. "And certainly am happy and grateful to have you here with us, Miss Rosalyn."

She smiled before tucking a strand of her hair that was covering her face behind her back in a cool manner. "Likewise, your Majesty."

"And congratulations." she added before offering her hand.

He accepted her hand, shaking it and chuckling as he did. "Thank you and congratulations as well."

Her smile widened when she heard that. She knew it was for both winning against the white star and for her who became the Tower Master of the Tower of Magic.

His gaze fell on Choi han who only nodded his head before speaking. "Congrats."

He released her hand before asking. "And the others?"

"Lock went outside ... Said that he had enough of the nobles."

One of the things that Choi Han and Lock share in common is that their hatred of nobles. But no one could blame them.

When one was called a dog or some endangered species, mocking him about the death of his tribe, while the other was insulted by comparing the villagers to an expensive bottle of wine, less. And dared to even tell him they are irrelevant.

But they did manage to get back, by beating them to a pulp.

"The others might be just somewhere."

At the same time, they caught a glimpse of Cage drinking happily together with Bud, with Taylor sitting in his wheelchair and Glenn standing behind them, constantly reminding them of their limits.

"... As for Ron and Beacrox, they are quite... Occupied." smirking before looking behind Alberu. They followed her line of sight.

Just like Alberu, they were swarmed by nobles, but it was mostly women.

Alberu wasn't, particularly that surprised as he already predicted this outcome.

The young Patriarch, Beacrox a bachelor, and his father, Molan Patriarch a widower, with their hair slick back, gone from their uniforms and now both wearing a tux that was carefully ironed, exuding an aristocratic demeanor from them.

Beacrox wore a displeased expression that he didn't bother to hide while Ron kept a benign smile, but his eyes carried an irritation to it, directed to the noblewomen who kept flaunting themselves before them and shamelessly evading their personal space.

Alberu sympathizes with them, not to the father-son duo but to the nobles who's having a death wish.

She forced a cough, earning their attention. "Eruhaben-nim has not arrived yet... But he will be just in time for your speech." Rosalyn added as she clasped her hands together.

"Your Majesty." a man called out, bowing to him, it was one of his assistants holding a stack of paper.

Albert sighed as he turn his head back to them. "I hate to leave but I should probably get going."

"Then we will not waste more of your time." she said and bowed, Choi han followed suit.

"Do you think he's coming?" They both flinched as they both look up at him.

But before they could reply Alberu continued to speak. "Never mind that."

Alberu nonchalantly waved a hand before turning on his heel and left.

They stared at his retreating figure with the same thought.

Wondering if they can finally see the person behind the letters, who made the things they yearned to fulfill...

possible.

It was almost midnight and a few minutes before starting his speech. Alberu released a few shallow breaths while a pair of hands straightened his coat.

"Nervous?" She asked with a teasing smile on her face, it was his Aunt Tasha. They were standing beside the stage, which was built solely for this.

"Comfortable?" Alberu asked back, matching her playful tone. He was referring to the one she's wearing, a red long gown that was fitted too much for her comfort.

Tasha playfully smacked his nephew at the back of his head, letting out a chuckle. She then later turned serious as she stared at him, the edges of her eyes turning red.

"Pfft! Are you seriously getting emotional right now." covering his mouth to contain his laughter.

"You bastard! I was having my moment!" She hissed and laugh.

It took a few minutes before they gradually calmed down. She then released a sigh, her hands moving to squeeze his shoulders, and releasing it outwardly. Placing her hand in her hips.

"Your Majesty... It's time." They both look over at the person who spoke, it was his assistant, the same one who called him before.

At the same time, they spotted Choi han making his way towards them.

Tasha tap his shoulder a few times before walking past him and later Choi han, not forgetting to greet him as she did, in to which Choi han in return bowed his head.

Choi han stopped in front of him, they both nodded towards each other in understanding. Alberu outwardly turned his back on him and walked towards the stage.

When they noticed him coming up they immediately turned quiet, before even someone announced it.

He stood before a podium table right at the center. Choi han stands a few steps behind him, his hands behind his back and his eyes sharp as he scans the crowd for any signs of threat or danger.

Alberu smiled but just as when he was about to open his mouth to speak, a gust of wind moved past them as a black smoke surrounded the hall.

Panic quickly arose, gasp and shriek can be heard from the crowd, not knowing what to do. Rosalyn and the others immediately turned alert as they look around them.

"Hold your breaths, the smoke might be poisonous!" Ron shouted.

They quickly move their hands to cover their faces and hold their breaths as some of them even tried to avoid it.

The giant door that was once open abruptly closed together with all other doors and windows trapping them inside.

Choi han quickly searched the crowd, a person wearing a robe suddenly appears out of nowhere, running towards the stage. Choi han quickly grabbed Alberu from behind.

It happened so fast that the next thing they saw was the person wearing a robe was now coughing blood as Choi han's sword pierce through her.

Her hood slid down revealing the person behind such an act.

It was Elisneh, the Illusionist.

Choi han glared at her but instead of getting intimidated or scared, she burst out laughing, so much that her eyes began to form tears, looking like a madman.

She later stared at Choi han as she opened her mouth to speak, a wicked smile plastered on her face.

"Y-You will all pay the price for hindering me..."

"A-A hero's death s-shall occur before us and you can't do anything to p-prevail it." Her voice became louder and clearer as she speak. "But to watch as he will perish with your own hands."

"How thrilling isn't it? A hero killing an-" She wasn't able to continue as the sword pulled out from her and move its way to slash her neck. They all watched in horror as her head rolled down, their mouths agape, no one dares to move.

But it wasn't the only thing they notice, when the smoke gradually disperse, a small black orb engraved with writings fell from her robe.

It stopped right in front of Rosalyn's feet. She hesitated a bit but gradually leaned closer to have a better look.

"Careful." Cage reminded her.

It took a few minutes before her eyes start to bulge, her face turning pale as she finally recognize it. She slowly looks up, her eyes meeting their questioning and concerned gazes.

It was the first time they had seen that look on her face.

It was full of terror.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.7K 1.2K 11
Where is Cale Henituse, previously known as Kim Rok Soo, is threatened by the Gods to tell his people the truth about his whole existence and so... H...
344K 30K 110
In the alleyways of Yiling, there was an abandoned child who did his best to survive. Everyday, he scoured for food and fought dogs who hurted him. I...
31.3K 2.1K 13
It was supposed to be a fine morning as usual after the war with the white star and the sealed god however that particular peace was broken once agai...
5.3K 435 4
If he had known his dream would lead to this end. He doesn't want it. The scarifies that were made. The feeling of loss that revolved around him. ...