King's Bunny ||TaeKook||

By BunTeaHunter

Thump! Thump! Thump! Goes a little bunny on its feet. Who would think that such a creature be acting bigger f... More

1//Thump!
2//Your Majesty
3//Arrow to the Knee
4//Well, hello there
5//Your name
6//Little Hopper
7//Who the hell?
8//Bunny v.s Kitty
9//This might be bad
10//Caught in a Lie
11//Mine
12//Forgiven
13//My ----
14//Bunny Trap
15//Loathing & Charms
16//His Protectors
17//Maddening Pleasure
18//Puzzled Feeling
19//Thumper
21//두 남동생 = Validation
22//A Tiger's Epiphany
23//How are you?
24//It wasn't Tea
25//Black Cat = Unlucky?
26//The Ballroom Prologue
27//The Ballroom Pt.1
28//The Ballroom Pt.2
29// The Ballroom END
30//Lucky to Laugh, to Love
31// Where Hearts; Connect
32// The King's Bunny

20//How it Started

2.6K 189 40
By BunTeaHunter

"Excuse me?"

Jungkook stares at the almost fidgeting hamster while his King glares daggers at the poor Councilor. The latter was happy that laser eyes do not apply in their universe or he would've been burned to crisp.

You see, Jin had just told the younger on how before they could properly exit the castle and out in the public eye, he must not only wear a scarf to cover his unmarked neck... it's that due to him being the older's pretend wife that he must also be scented by him.

"Would you please refrain yourself from growling, your Majesty? We all agreed to do this and that includes your own judgement as well"

"Wait.." There was something at the back of the bunny's head that gave him a look of puzzlement.

At his first days after arriving in the castle and be seen as the Councilor's spouse, the younger had already went around almost half of the castle without having to let Jin scent him. He wonders how today is different from the other, especially in the training ground where many predators should've picked up on his scent.

Seeming to have read the younger's confused face, the hamster enlightened him with a still quivering body. The King should soften his glares since he had already agreed and been informed of this needed action.

"I must inform you about that day, we only went around the private areas of the castle. Only his Majesty's men and the King himself are allowed in"

Jin offered the scarf for the bunny to take and wrap around his neck, but the King went ahead and took it away from his hold. With no words exchanged from the two, the tiger engulfed Jungkook's neck with the scarf with utter care and softly tied it to a perfect knot.

The bunny's face flushed at the action, but the Councilor paid no attention to it and continued on with his explanation.

"Back in the training field however, it was filled with all kinds of scents from the soldiers and due to such vigorous training.. their sweats were mixed in the already heavily scented air"

"Added with them already occupied with their own training to be bothered to try to smell mine.."

"That is correct" Jin wanted to smile at the younger's quick mind process, but cannot hold it for much long due to the wagging tail from a certain tiger.

"Your Majesty, we have no choice, but to scent Jungkook for him to properly explore the more public areas of the castle"

"I am aware.." the hamster is not impressed at his Majesty's furrowed brows and downturn lips. Letting out a sigh, he decided to focus on the subject at hand and turn to Jungkook with a nervous smile.

In the end, the King cannot back down this decision if he truly wants the younger to freely roam around the castle and not feel like some sort of prisoner being locked in one room, so he stayed quiet as Jin approached his bunny.

".... May I?"

"I.. I've never been scented before..."

The hamster flinched away after hearing a menacing growl from the tiger and immediately backed away when he sees Taehyung close to baring his fangs at the older. After hearing the information of the bunny not being scented before, the animal instincts of the King kicked in.

In all honesty, Jin was shocked to see their Ruler act so aggressively protective of the younger so quickly. He would understand his form of attachment towards the bunny, but close to baring his fangs towards an elder hyung he respected? It seems to be more deeper than just being soft for the Consort.

However, it is the hamster turn to be confused. He stared at the youngest as he sniffs at the air around him, raising his brow as he caught a familiar scent.

"But Jungkook.. you've already been scented..."

"Huh?" Jungkook's eyes widened at that, his nose instinctively scrunched as he tries to get a whiff of his own.

"Tell me, Jungkook.. do you know exactly how scenting works?"

Embarrassment flows through the younger's body at this question. The poor bunny have never experienced having some sort of romantic relationship or at least met someone his animal self calls as potential mate.

So he never really dwelled deeply into how mates work, too focused in protecting hybrids than thinking of courting one. He has some knowledge on how to know a mated hybrid by their scents of another and the mate mark, but being the one to receive is far different than what the eye can see.

"N-Never really.. tried to court...or.. o-or at least.. b-be courted"

The Councilor nodded in understanding at his situation, but the other hybrid seems to be shaking on their feet at knowing the bunny never experiencing any form of romantic interest or overall, courting.

"I see.. well, I must inform you that your scent if filled by his Majesty's already"

"My scent? He.. already scented me?" Jungkook glanced at his King by his side, but the latter avoided making eye contact with him.

"An example of scenting is rubbing your nose on their necks where the mate mark should be. If a sense of possession and the want to bond is strong.. it changes to licking the neck instead"

L-Li-Licking..?

A familiar scene played in the younger's head, his hand subconsciously planting themselves onto his neck where he could still feel some sort of burning sensation onto it. The hamster continued on as if Jungkook isn't having a dilemma at the moment.

"The main need of scenting is showing the first step of claiming or mating, it's more subconscious than anything... but does show the mutual want to connect or bond"

The King had already scented him ever since he pulled such a stunt in the training field and might have cursed at the white tiger, it wasn't the most romantic reason for his first scenting, but it still made his neck redden.

Jungkook decided to swallow down his flustered state and nodded at the hamster, giving him the permission to be scented by him.

With one last glance from the King, Jin excused himself to the younger, his nose now buried onto the latter's neck as he starts scenting down to his collarbones.

Being in close proximity with the bunny, the oldest could see all kinds of scars as he stares down under the younger's shirt. He soon took this opportunity to hook a finger at Jungkook's collar and slowly slid it down to reveal more of his shoulders to scent on.

There he sees healed claw marks close to his chest area, Jin couldn't completely see the entire scar due to the bunny's garments, but he knows it goes down to his ribs.

His mind lead back on the day where they had dinner all together.

"Joon, let's have a small.. chat after this.."

Right. Namjoon told him everything.

--//FLASHBACK//--

"I see.. so Jungkook seeks pleasure of the rush in the chase" Jin crossed his arms in thought of this information. It is safe to assume that the koala hybrid is in clear desperation for his friend's safety due to pouring out all the details to a mere acquaintance of his.

However, it seems even a stranger can be of help in pouring out your emotions since it doesn't leave much impact and they're more of a listener than a doer. Fortunately for Namjoon, his hyung sees themselves as friends and is willing to help a friend in need.

"Originally, you say Jungkook had enough of how preys were being treated like dirt from the predators" the older waited for a nod of confirmation from the saddened Treasurer before continuing "So he trained til his body dropped and now turned to the infamous Thumper we know"

To which now turned into a masochistic masked prey, who purposely aggravates hybrids twice his size to feel the thrill of just one swipe of such vicious claws that could take his life away and towards death's doors.

With these thoughts, the hamster felt sympathetic towards Namjoon and Soobin, who knows what the two feels when seeing the person they love and adore hurt their body for their entertainment and pleasure.

"I-I.. I regret being who I was.."

"Hm?" Jin looked up at the Treasurer, who seemed to be having a variety of negative emotions plastered on his face.

"So weak.. so helpless.. a koala with no muscles in his body"

"Why are you saying all this?"

The oldest came forward to tug on the younger's wrist and pulled him closer, worry all etched in his eyes as they made eye contact to those filled with tears.

"I had to gain some.. s-some muscles to- to at least appear.. l-less weak to the- them"

Not letting go of his wrist, Jin used his free hand to stroke his shoulder, hoping the small action could comfort the koala even for just a little. It seemed to worked when he sees Namjoon sigh out his tension and smiled weakly at the Councilor.

"I apologize for showing such a vulnerable state towards you, Jin-ssi"

"None of that, Joon. I am your hyung and this hyung is always willing to give you the comfort you need"

"... thank you.." the oldest nearly choked on air when strong arms engulfed his torso, pulling him into a warm embrace.

The hamster's cheeks grew pink at the sudden display of affection from the younger, but quickly gained his composure and reciprocated the hug. He hesitated for a bit, but decided to lean his head onto the other as a sign that he's not going anywhere.

"It's my fault, hyung.."

"Fault at where?"

Namjoon stayed quiet for a bit and tried to focus on the comforting circles the Councilor is drawing with his finger on his back. He's grateful for his patience with his hesitant reply.

Then he finally admits it.

"I was the reason why Jungkook became Thumper in the first place.."

--//FLASHBACK ENDS//--

As it turns out, Namjoon was attacked by a predator after accidentally bumping shoulders with them. Unfortunately for him, the bear that's twice his size wanted to take his basket of fruits as a way to apologize. However, the koala was very poor and worked hard to earn those fruits, so he refused.

That's when a menacing growl escaped from the bear and he pushed down Namjoon on the ground, showing his terrifying fangs towards him.

Once again, the predator demanded for those fruits and the poor koala is shaking and cannot form words out of fear. The lack of response further aggravated the bear and loomed over the terrified prey.

Soon, he sees claws in his vision. Namjoon shut his eyes as he waits for anguishing pain as his life slowly drains with each breath he takes, but.... there was none.

He heard a scream of horror, but it came from the crowd and not at the hybrid in front of him. There was blood everywhere once he reopened his eyes and there he sees him.

A giant gash right on a bunny hybrid's chest down to his ribs, a puddle of blood right beneath where he stands, but what amazes Namjoon is how the bunny stayed on his two feet after receiving such a life threatening attack.

"Dare touch him again and I will make sure you take your last breath" The prey's bunny ears flattened in anger as he glared up bravely at the shocked predator, veins on his neck ready to pop "So sick and tired of you predators treating us like play toys..."

The bunny released a growl full of anger, it was enough to make the bear take a step back at such a sound. With a darkened expression, the younger scowled at him.

"From this day on.. I promise to show you predators who's really the top of the food chain"

Namjoon looked up to his face and they made eye contact. The bunny's eyes were filled with determination, yet a glint of reassurance and comfort flashed within such orbs. He sees him stumble on his feet, but his voice was firm as he says these words.

"And protect these hybrids no matter what... even if it takes my life for them to be at peace"

That's the day they met.

Ending with Namjoon carrying a bleeding bunny in his arms and ignoring the severely injured bear predator on the ground in the middle of the village.

Jeon Jungkook...

The hamster released his hold on the bunny as the story repeated in his mind. Seeing such pair of innocent and sweet eyes from someone who's been through many difficult trials for the sake of others brings an aching feeling in Jin's heart.

"How are you feeling?"

"It felt.. a bit embarrassing and awkward?"

He chuckled at the pretty colors that spread all over the younger's cheeks. Jin was tempted to coo and pinch the cute bunny's cheeks, but their role prevented him, and the King might not spare his life this time.

"Then let us proceed.. his Royal Highness awaits us near the halls and must be bouncing in excitement"

Jungkook chuckled at this with a nod in agreement. The Councilor lead the way as the two 'lovers' followed close behind him.

He sneakily took a glance and sees the two walking side-by-side with matching smiles on their faces as they made eye contact. The sight also formed a smile on his own as he continued forward.

Everything will be okay from now on, Joon. I can promise you that...

•••••••-•••••-•••••••

Heels clicked on the marbled floor and neck hidden under a soft cotton scarf, also providing him heat from the upcoming autumn in a few moons. Jungkook is now walking beside Jin as they make it towards areas that's more publicized and un-toured.

The halls is filled with bustling maids and butlers as they organize the castle while instinctively bowing their respect towards their King as they pass by.

This is the first time Jungkook sees new faces due to being stuck in the private areas of the castle. Currently, his arm is wrapped around the Councilor's as they walk through the crowd of hybrids.

His eyes scanned at the back of his King while the hamster informs him on the whereabouts on each and every room for him to grow familiar to. Although, Jungkook will most likely stay in the private part of the castle, it would still be best to learn the more public part as well.

"As you may have guessed, we all have our own rooms in the private area since as his Majesty's men, we must always be present to attend his orders" Jin explained to his 'wife' with a bright smile on his handsome face. The bunny nodded in understanding before asking the older.

"The public ones are more for party occasions, rooms of the other staffs and most importantly the throne room where his Majesty listen to his citizens' words?"

"Precisely, there are also paintings that shows the history of the past Rulers and their achievements for the Kingdom"

Soon a bubbly figure skipped his way beside Jungkook to give him a smile that's filled with nothing, but clear excitement as he captured the bunny's attention by leaning forward to make eye contact.

Prince Beomgyu was quite ecstatic when he had been asked to join them in giving the bunny a tour around the castle, the Consort have heard about the bear cub practically tripping on his feet for being far too excited to spend time with his idol.

Apparently, the Prince have admired Thumper ever since he made an appearance with his mask on and single-handedly took down a jaguar hybrid for slapping an antelope, who was only offering them free samples from their bakery.

In all honesty, Jungkook was a bit shock to find out there are way more predators than he expected, who truly admired him for his skills and intentions to save the weak.

It's why he cannot allow himself to keep the title "Savior of Prey" because he helps the bullied, not just prey. He saved some predators from another of their kind, the main reason he was Thumper was due to discrimination. It will be hypocritical of him to only focus on preys in need.

"He-Hello, hyung!"

Jungkook was snapped out of his thoughts by the grinning hybrid beside him. The bear still cannot seem to process the fact that he's walking side-by-side with /the/ Thumper, his fingers fidgets out of nervousness.

"Hello, your Royal Highness"

"U-Uhmm.. Uh.. the- the training f-field is also.. in.. in the pu-public area due.. t-to the soldiers being.. being trained th-there"

"I see... thank you for the information, your Royal Highness. I will keep that in mind and might try to visit there if I can"

Beomgyu beamed at the words from Thumper, but before he could continue on, his brother stopped on his tracks and turned towards them. The King's face held a blank stare and spoke with authority towards the hamster and bunny.

"I have a private training with the General, so I am unable to stay and give you a proper guide. Do please continue with your /husband/ and Prince Beomgyu"

It may be in Jungkook's mind, but the way he phrased the word husband held a hidden venomous tone and seemed to be said with a clenched jaw. As if a dagger is pointed on the King's neck and was forced to say it.

On the other hand, Jin grinned teasingly at his Majesty and took the chance to enjoy the small swish of a tail from the rather annoyed tiger.

Taehyung looked around their area and sees that they were more in a secluded part of the halls and stepped closer to /his/ wife. He lets his large hand make contact on the hips of the bunny before speaking lowly.

"Do not start any fights with the predators here and always stay by their side. Be good and behave well, little hopper"

After giving him a small squeeze, to which almost made Jungkook trip on his feet, the King turned his back on them and walked towards his next destination.

The hamster turned a blind eye with the action and instead held in a snort with the way his Majesty's walking looked more like stomping as he disappears through a room.

"Well, then we must continue forward with the tour-"

"Let me do it instead, hyung!!!"

Beomgyu went between the two older hybrids to stare up at the Councilor with a beaming smile. The hamster was confused on what the little one meant until it clicked.

"But your Royal Highness.. I was ordered to keep Jungkook company and-"

"Then I ordered you to let me be his guide and give him company!"

"No- wait.." the hamster looked to where the other hybrids are and sighed in relief when no one seemed to pay them any attention and stared at the energetic bear "But it will cause suspicions within the castle if you-"

"Take this as my training! I will need to escort some fancy and uptight royal hybrids on my own someday, he'll give me practice!"

Jin was still hesitating to let the bunny go, but he was ordered by the Kingdom's Prince, having no room to decline him to show respect for his decision.

The young bunny saw this and held onto the older's arm reassuringly "Do not worry, hyung. I trust the Prince and I promise you that I will not do anything that will cause you trouble"

"... And I trust you with his Royal Highness as well, Jungkook. You must not ever leave each other's side and just.. have fun, okay?"

The two youngest nodded in understanding, so with that, the Councilor bowed to the Prince and waved them farewell as he makes his way to attend to his duties. The pair watched their hyung's figure turn smaller and smaller into the long hallway before glancing at each other.

Wanting to break the ice, Jungkook grinned and stared at the bear with a teasing glint in his eyes before speaking in a playful tone.

"So.. am I considered as some fancy and uptight hybrid for you, your Royal Highness?"

At first, the Prince's eyes widened out of panic at the question, but it dispersed once he sees a smile on the bunny's face. He chuckled and scratched the back of head out of shyness.

"Y-You're way coo- cooler.. than those hybrids..."

Jungkook giggled at this and playfully slapped the younger's arm. He already felt comfortable with the bear cub due to his welcoming and bright aura. Plus, the Prince is still some young hybrid in the bunny's eyes, doesn't care about their titles within the Kingdom.

And it seems Beomgyu mostly admires him, wanting to be his friend. Why would Jungkook say no to that?

By then, the two enjoyed each other's company as Beomgyu quickly breaks from his shell and excitedly gave the older a tour around the castle, joking with each other here and there.

They made their way towards a kitchen and the bunny was dragged towards an area where the Prince likes to call it "Hamster Cage" due to it being built specifically for Jin to cook on for the King and the hyungs only.

"It can also be called Cat Post because Yoongi hyung would sometimes cook for us when Jin hyung is too tired or too lazy"

"Which one mostly happens?"

"The latter" they both giggled at that and the Prince leaned in to whisper in his ear "But we mostly think that Jin hyung is rather in love with Yoongi hyung's cookings"

What Jungkook soon realized is how close these hybrids are to one another. He already sees the bond back at dinner where they're all present and they seemed to have known each other for quite some time.

Even when someone as new as his Namjoon hyung, they easily formed a connection with him and made sure that he never felt left out in their group. That's what he had heard from the stories with the koala bear at least.

"Hey Beomgyu-"

"No, no, no! Please just call me Gyu when it's just us and the other hyungs"

"Are you sure?" The bunny didn't want to accidentally make anyone uncomfortable by calling them through nicknames so quickly, the two just started talking today.

"I would cry if Thumper calls me by that name..."

"Now, I'm not sure how to take that" Jungkook chuckled and rolled his eyes at the bear when the latter started whining at him to just say his name.

A dramatic gasp escaped the Prince's throat at such action from the older, making Jungkook laugh at his gaping mouth, but finally gives in.

"Fine. I wanna suggest something... Gyu"

"Oh my god.."

The bunny quirked his brow at him to which made Beomgyu shut his mouth and listen to what the older has to say. Satisfied with that, Jungkook then asked him.

"How would you feel about pasta for dinner?"

"Oh my go-"

"Gyu"

"Oh my- I mean- YES PLEASE!"

It's finally time to have dinner with everyone once again. Jungkook felt more excited than in disbelief when he first ate with everyone.

Slowly.. the castle starts to feel more welcoming to the Consort. The younger can't help, but smile at this as they both prepared for the ingredients.

Guess this is my new home now...

*******•*****•*******
Author-nim:

We're slowly finally giving everyone they're special Jungkook bonding time and the Prince never felt more happy! Everything is coming to place with the relationship with the whole group and it's so sweet to see their interactions.

I'm more active now since I'm on break for like a whole month! Will try to update more, but of course still have plans for myself, so don't hope too much. It's really fun writing and creating all kinds of relationships 💜

Thank you all for reading! 💛

CREDITS:
Library: thisisglamorous.com
Dress: Pinterest
Kitchen: flickr.com

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...