Re: Demon, everything wants t...

By Mettalord

Died and Reincarnated as.... a Demon. well I'm doom. (I do not own any of the photos, except some that I made... More

Reborn
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Just an Authors note
Day 4.1
Day 4.2
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8.1
Day 8.2
Day 9
Day 10
Day 11.1
Day 11.2
Day 12
Side story: Black Fourmi
Day 13
Day 14
Day 15
Day 16.1
Just an Author's note
Day 16.2
Day 17
Side Story: Alchemist
Day 18
Day 19
Day 20
Day 21
Day 22
Day 23
Day 24.1
Day 24.2
Day 25
Day 26
Special Story: Black Fourmi
Day 27.1
Day 27.2
Day 28
Day 29.1
Day 29.2
Just an Author's note
Day 30.1
Day 30.2, Brutality
Day 31
Day 32
World Beastiary
Day 33
15th.1
15th.2
15th.3 (Final)
Research
Log 1
Log 2-3
Log 4
Log 5
Log 6, The Servant of Winter
Log 7
Log 8
Log 9
Just an Author's note
Log 10
Log 11
Log 12
Log 13
Log 14
Log 15
Authors Note
Log 16
Log 17, The Elf Warrior
Log 18, Villages in Trees
Log 19, The Withering Forest
Log 21, The Plague
Log 22, An Offer
Log 23, The City
Log 24, Mistakes Were Made
Conclusion
Author's note
Gem Of The Desert
Chapter 1, Scorching
Chapter 2, Warning
Chapter 3, I Hate Sand
Chapter 4, Pursuit
Chapter 5, Reincarnates
Chapter 6, Ambush
Chapter 7, To The Mountain
Chapter 8, Sand and Bullets

Log 20, Order

478 31 5
By Mettalord

When the giant boulder somehow shattered to dust and smithereens, I snap back to reality and stopped marveling at the scene that had ended.

Right now, I'm not too far away from the city, but I set up camp to rest my legs since I've been carrying my sister, Kana, for so long.

By setting up camp I mean by gently putting Kana down and dropping the rug sack I've been dragging all this time.

Although I haven't eaten for days, somehow I've been getting stronger and stronger and I feel less and less tired as days go by. I don't know what that bastard did to me but it's helping me at the very least.

The only thing that peeves me off is the light from the sun, every time it shows itself I feel weaker and weaker but not to the extent that I would die from it.

It feels like I've contracted a cold or something that every time it showers me with its light.

I sit down and untie the rug sack, bringing out the bastard's book, and started reading.

I can't read well but I can sort of understand what the book says thanks to Kana teaching me a while back.

As I was reading I repeatedly look back at my sister's lifeless corpse. Her skin has started to rot, her empty eye sockets attracting insects and small flies all around.

"I wish that... I wish it didn't have to be this way..." I muttered with tears welling up by the edges of my eyes.

I hope the story about the Servant Of Order being able to do anything even bringing back the dead is true. If not then I'll track that bastard down and crush every bone he has till there's nothing but dust.

I'll make sure you go back to Merphius.

🕯️

As night finally falls I pack up my things, not exactly mine but it might as well be, and set off to the City Of Order.

The city doesn't really have a name if I recall from Mr.Jugo. Everyone in the world just calls it the City Of Order since well... The city is chuck full with order.

Crimes happening there like slavery, illegal brews, corruption, and even bribery is close to zero. The only thing that kept it from reaching zero are the bandits who live down in their sewer system.

The city is located on a massive chunk of land which is surrounded in a circle by a lake that leads to the never-ending sea, Corantina.

The walls guarding the city are told to be impenetrable as well as destructive due to the thousands upon thousands of ballistas station as well as odd-looking machinery with a long iron tube called canons.

Despite its size, every country feared it not only for its defensive capabilities but also for its offensive one. The soldiers or their so called Order Knights pose a significant threat due to their amazing prowess in both intelligence and combat.

Before the city was feared, everyone mocked it for being a super strict Popedome that upholds order above everything else, even other religions.

One of the major powers, the Popedome of Peperectus, declared that the city is filled with heretics and must be cleansed at once. All other countries of course knew that the popedome's goal wasn't to cleanse it, but to take it as its own.

The other major powers however, don't see this as too much of a threat.

There was little to gain from preventing Peperectus' so called cleansing, since the city never showed any value other than its aesthetically grandiose appearance from the outside.

Neither mages nor tamers could even see what was going on inside the city using both their magic and their tamed beast.

So the Pepedectus had little to no information other than knowing for a fact that it is an ancient city that has survived for countless years, and it upholds order above any other religion that has ever existed in Enriya.

They had no information on military prowess, economic prowess, and everything. The city was shrouded in mysteries.

The only record of when the city was attacked was after the Sin War, the war between Humans and the Demons who poured out of Merphius. The attacker's identity wasn't unknown but it was assumed to be a Demon as well.

When Pepedectus finally attacked with an army of 200,000 men, led by Saint Perignis. Every other country wanted to see what would happen, all expecting the city to fall within hours.

But what had transpired wasn't what they had expected.

As Pepedectus' army marched on the plains In front of the City Of Order, the city, of course, pulled back its drawbridge to prevent the army from closing in. Pepedectus had expected something like this would happen, thus, siege weapons such as Catapults and Trenchbuckets were brought along with the army.

The Catapults rained down on the Walls whilst the Trenchbuckets ravage the city from within, bypassing the walls meant to protect it.

And that was the last straw.

When it had been time for Pepedictus to reload the siege weapons, the sky began to darken, the soldiers looked up to the sky and saw neither clouds nor a rain of arrows, but a rain of ballista fire.

The army was impaled left and right, some who managed to go survive became victim to the city's next defensive retaliation.

The drawbridge was let down and the gates were opened. Behind them, stood a legion of knights, taller than any human or elf has ever seen.

They wore a white mask that portrayed a smile whilst wearing armor that looked thin and slender as if it was their skin itself. They marched gallantly, each carrying a silver long curve blade scimitar on both hands.

Their numbers were impish compared to the army in front of them yet they showed no fear. As they clash against with the enemy they slashed their enemies one by one whilst taking injuries no man should even be able to bear as they all fought till they were nothing more but a corpse disguised as a porcupine of swords and spears.

They cut down their foes like a knife cutting through butter, cutting as many of them as possible until they were overwhelmed by sheer numbers.

And by the end of the day... Pepedictus' army of 200,000 men had been reduced to a measly 3,000 by the city's impish army alone.

A feat so impossible it sounded more like a fairy tale than anything else.

Suffering defeat, Pepedictus' remaining forces left the city plains which were then nothing more but a sea of corpses. Why Pepedictus hadn't retreated sooner was unknown.

Perhaps it was because of Pride and Arrogance.

When Pepedictus' army led Perignis had finally returned however, they saw that thier Popedome was in ruins.

Nothing but debris and corpses cruxcified on crosses remained. Their wives, children, and families were dead.

The Popedome and its citizens had been annihilated and the remaining soldiers that stood there had fallen to despair.

And that was when Enriya as a whole knew not to mess with the city, at least that's what I heard from Mr.Jugo.

🕯️

Finally arrived at the drawbridge where the supposed Order Knights marched out from. I look around and see an open window, that must be where I get my pass permit.

I rush over to the window only to get startled by an ominous white mask smiling at me in a dark room dimly lit by a candle beside it, is this how the guards are dressed?

"M-may I enter the city?" I asked with a stutter.

"Please, fill this form for us and we shall allow" He answered with a gentle tone.

He hands me a piece of paper for me to fill.

I fill out the form he gave me and it was at that time I realize... I have no money.

Shit! I've already I shouldn't have filled the form yet!!

"Is there something the matter?" He asked.

"W-well, I uh.. Don't have any money..." I answered nervously, Please don't put me in prison, please don't put me prison.

Even though I can't see his face I can tell that he must be furious at me!

"I see, not to worry, you do not require funds to enter our city. We only expect that you respect our laws and that is all"

"Oh uh.. i see! Well um sorry about that"

The gates open and finally... I enter the City Of Order.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.4K 2.2K 49
This is my first story so the grammar is a little bad here a little bit, but i am learning. Also the updates will be Slow. What happens when you get...
24.3K 828 24
The greatest hero of his era, Lucifer, after saving his world from the evil Gods was gravely injured and died while enjoying his time with his compan...
2.7K 101 15
Most people usually don't encounter god and have him ask you if you want to be reincarnated. Yet when Alex dies and this exact thing occurs, of cours...
68 1 10
I died! It didn't take though and so here I am again, except this time I'm alive in a fantasy world! Now here I am, thrust into a world with monsters...