The Lost Emerald Soul [Fantas...

By TheHinokami

Trapped in this new world Izuku Midoriya set off to explore the unknown with a burring desire to try and live... More

Through The Forest
Izuku Finds Civilization!
Gathering Information & Gear!
Adventure Guild: First Mission!
Reflecting & Understanding Hardships
Building Strength & Decisions
Adventurer Task: Goblin's Lair
Adventurer Task: Reporting In!
Onaia World Encyclopedia [Ongoing Updates]
Adventurer Task: Attaining A New Power?
Adventurer Task: Calm Before The Storm!
Adventurer Task: Goblin Suppression?
Adventurer Task: Demonic Goblin
Adventure Task: Emotional Moments
Letting Go, Forward!

Evil's Last Laugh

3.9K 85 8
By TheHinokami

3rd POV:

The sound of his own breathing echoed inside of his ears as it downed out all of the other sounds across the battlefield and he only felt his own heart pounding inside of his chest due to the adrenaline that was coursing through his veins. This was what Izuku Midoriya the 9th user of One For All felt as he stood with his hand held high above him in the air just as his predecessor All Might had done at the end of the Kamino Incident. However, unlike All Might's fight which ended with the defeat of a supervillain, Izuku's fight ended with the death of the supervillain known as All For One and the capture of Tomura Shigaraki who was the vessel of All For One due to the passing of the All For One quirk which allowed the villain to control his apprentice. The destruction from the fight between the two sides was down right devastating but in the end Izuku 'Deku' Midoriya had come out on top with the assistance of his friends and other heroes of Japan which brought a small smile to Izuku's face as he lowered his hand and started to calm his beating heart down since the battle was now over. However, fate has never been easy on Izuku Midoriya as he was once again destined for a dramatic change as evil always wanted the last laugh!

As the pounding of his heart and breathing came to a steady pace, Izuku could now hear his mentor and all of his friends from UA coming towards him to help him since he had suffered a lot of wounds from the final battle. Turning his head towards the sounds of his friends calling out for him, Izuku allowed his smile to grow a bit wider until a sense of dread washed over his body. Turning his head, Izuku looked towards where the feeling of dread was coming from and found that the villain known as All For One was not as dead as he had believed which made Izuku try to stand up only to fall to his knees due to the lack of energy.  "Do you ever die?" Izuku shouted out with some anger in his voice at the complete disbelief that All For One had survived everything that was thrown at him only to get a response from the previously thought dead man. "I am indeed dying but I shall have the last laugh 9th!" All For One said as he lifted his hand and aimed it at Izuku Midoriya. All the heroes around tried to rush towards All For One in an attempt to stop the man but it was far to late and they were too far away from the center of the battle to do anything in time as All For One launched his final attack.

The quirk that All For One had used was one of his least used quirks as the exact details of the quirk remained a unknown factor to even himself even though he has tested it over the years. The only thing All For One knew about the quirk he had just used was that it opened a portal and sent whatever he targeted into it never to be seen again. He had tested it multiple times over the decades since he had obtained the quirk and no matter what and how he tested it, he could never recover or locate where the objects he sent into the portal went to as such in a final move he decided to send Izuku Midoriya into the portal to be lost in the unknown destination of where the portal would send the boy. The portal opened up right next to Izuku and begun to suck him into it even though he tried to hold on until someone could save him but in the end he didn't have the strength left to hold onto the ground which resulted in him falling into the portal with a scream ripping out of his throat for all of his allies and friends to hear. With this, Izuku 'Deku' Midoriya had vanished from the battlefield and his scream was the last thing everyone heard from him before the choking laugh of All For One spilled out across the battlefield. 

"AHAHaaaa---" All For One took his final breath with a smirk on his face and laughing through the blood that poured out of his mouth as he truly did have the last laugh of the battle for he sent his brothers final successor to an unknown demise. As everything came to a standstill as no one could truly believe what they had just witnessed, a scream erupted from a very well known voice as it belonged to Toshinori Yagi aka the Symbol of Peace: All Might who had broken down into tears at the scene he had just seen. But even for the Symbol of Peace, his screams came to a end as they turned into complete silence as his voice died within his throat as his body was entering a panic attack and his airway was closing off cutting his oxygen supply. The man couldn't believe that the boy he had trained and taken under his wing had just disappeared in front of everyone without them having a clue what evil scheme All For One had just pulled.

However, All Might was not allowed to stay in his panic for long as Katsuki Bakugo came knocking him out of it quickly as the young boy grabbed All Might's shirt and lifted him up due to how light the man had become in his sickly state. "STOP PANICKING AND ACTING AS IF HE IS DEAD! THE DAMN NERD WON'T DIE THAT EASY SO WE NEED TO FIND HIM QUICKLY!" Bakugo yelled out before he dropped All Might back down to the ground not even getting reprimanded by his classmates who were to focused on searching the surrounding areas for their now missing classmate. All Might knew Bakugo was right and quickly used his years of training to calm his mind down and forced himself to move forward as he knew he had a lot of influence and connects with other people across Japan and even the world so he knew he needed to get to work on locating his boy. However, they never found Izuku Midoriya as search parties were put together across Japan and even the world but no one ever located or even seen Izuku Midoriya. Governments even offered awards for any leads on locating Izuku but they all turned out to be nothing or even turned into traps by villains that wanted to take a shot at heroes that came to track the missing boy.

Thus, we can now find our heroes, students, and Inko Midoriya all standing around the memorial that was created in the memory of Izuku Midoriya as the governments of the world gave up hope of finding Izuku. On the memorial it read, "Here stood the greatest hero of the world who stood in the path of the Demon Lord Tomura Shigaraki and the Evil Lord All For One. In his memory we all should strive to love each other and bring about peace with a smile." Tears were shed and sounds of despair could be heard but there was also a noticeable silence from many of those that were close to Izuku Midoriya as they didn't know how to move on from the fact that he was now gone. However, unlike everyone that was left behind to mourn, our missing hero was not in anywhere known to mankind as once he fell into the portal that All For One had created he found himself falling through a nonstop void. 

This void was endless and to Izuku it felt as if he had been falling through it for decades as there was no light nor end in sight. In all honestly, any lesser man would have long gone insane by the isolation and deprivation of their sense of sight but luckily Izuku was not any lesser man. No, he was the 9th wielder of One For All which allowed him communicate with the past users who were apart of the vestige world. These users gave him something that others would never have and it was a sounding board for his sanity as he would talk to the past users to pass the time and allow him to vent towards them. Otherwise, he would have long gone insane due to the decades that he believes had pasted in the void. Though it was truly unknown if decades had truly passed since even the vestiges could not get an accurate read on time since they were reliant on the current user to always provide them a sense of time from seeing their memories. 

Izuku had spent the time by learning more and more about the past users and the life's that they had before their deaths at the hands of All For One. It was a good way to past the time but sadly for Izuku and the vestiges even the past users were not immune to going insane either even though they were used to darkness and being isolated to the vestige world. Sadly, even they were starting to feel the creeping hand of insanity attacking them due to how long had passed or how long they believed to have passed as all of them had long talked about their entire life's multipole times and had many debates about different subjects. With that knowledge in hand, they knew that a large amount of time had passed and they could no longer handle the void holding them. As such, an agreement was reached amongst all of the users of the quirk as they refused to go insane inside of the void so they wanted to either get freed from it or perish which Izuku agreed with as well.

With this decision having been made, it was decided that Izuku would overload One For All throughout his body past the limits that the gauntlets he had could handle and blast the energy to his sides in an attempt to break the void tunnel that he was falling through. It would either result in him being freed or being badly hurt which wouldn't matter if he couldn't escape the void so there was nothing really to loss. As such, Izuku powered the energy up and allowed it to burst out of his body towards the sides of the void. For a few minutes or maybe even hours nothing happened to the void and they believed that the attempt had failed which had resulted in Izuku's heavy bruising across his arms but then things changed. The tunnel started to warp as light started to leak into the void which allowed Izuku to regain his sight but before long he had to close his eyes and cover them with his arms due to the intensity of the light that was breaking through into the void tunnel. The tunnel kept warping until it finally happened, the tunnel collapsed onto itself as a force pushed against Izuku causing him to scream out in pain due to the sheer pressure being pushed against him. With a large sounding *Boom*, Izuku felt himself make contact against something solid as he calmed his breathing and heartbeat down and slowly started to open his eyes to take in his surroundings. 

With his eyes now fully open, Izuku knew he was without a doubt out of the void which made him happy but then he started to feel as if something was off as he started to look around himself and noticed he was on a cliff. Dragging himself up into a seating position he could see that the landscape around him was not one that he knew of and wondered where on earth he was at but sadly for him he was far off the mark and would soon realize this fact. As he continued to take in what was going on around himself he started to notice that there were animals that he has never heard about or seen images of which he admitted to himself could be possible but there was the odd fact that there was no signs of any human presence anywhere which was odd in a world that was heavily populated as earth was. The human race had long since explored nearly all portions of the earth due to expanding populations needing more space to live but the area he was in looked as if humans have never touched it at all which he found hard to believe.

"Where... where am I?" Izuku asked himself but received no answer which confused him as he expected some sort of response from the past users since he though they might recognize the place. That was when Izuku noticed that he couldn't feel the presence of the past users like he could in the past. No, instead it felt as if the quirk was being suppressed which he found strange and wondered if using so much energy to break the void tunnel had something to do with how weak One For All felt right now. The power that Izuku could call upon felt as if it was a far weaker version of what he could use in the past as even powering up to 100% didn't even register any pain for him which surprised him since he no longer had the gauntlets to take the kickback of the quirk. 

Izuku decided to push the thoughts of what happened to his quirk to the back of his mind for now as he knew he needed to figure out where he was as well as try to find any other people so he could get medical attention but he was soon broken out of his thoughts by the sound of a roar which confused him greatly. The reason it confused him since it sounded nothing like any roar he heard from any animals in zoo's or nature documentaries so Izuku decided to go closer to the edger since he knew it came down from below him. The moment that Izuku peaked over the edge is when his body felt intense fear that not even All For One caused him because down below the cliff was a creature he never had seen before and only heard about in myths or video games. This creature was none other than a Wyrm or what Izuku believed to be a Wyrm based on his knowledge from myths and video games that he had played before. A Wyrm was basically a serpentine dragon which shouldn't even be real but yet here was one right in front of his eyes.

As Izuku looked at the Wyrm, Izuku noticed that it was slithering across the ground slowly as it approached another creature that resembled a boar but had different features on that clearly showed it wasn't a normal boar. Suddenly, the Wyrm launched itself across the ground and dug its sharp teeth into the other creature causing blood to spray across the ground and the movements of the boar-like creature to come to a complete stop. Izuku had just witnessed the Wyrm hunt a pray and it was in that moment when the thought hit Izuku's mind as he realized that the void tunnel he was in wasn't just any teleportation quirk that went wrong... No, it was a transportation quirk that sent him into a completely different reality or world when he broke out of the void tunnel which meant that this wasn't earth and he didn't have any way to get home currently. The thought that he was in a completely different world scared Izuku and was making him enter a panic attack but he knew he needed to calm himself down or he might attract the attention of a creature that he could not deal with or really knew nothing about. As such, Izuku made his way away form the edge and closer to the small forest behind him as he kept his breathing steady and tried his best to keep calm. 

Sitting up against one of the trees, Izuku knew he needed to act as soon as possible and he couldn't allow himself to panic as the sun appeared to be going down or at least he assumed it was going down since he didn't know if time was similar to how Earth operated with day and night or how long each period was on this world. As such, he could only try his best and force the panic attack to happen later once he had found somewhere safe for the night as he knew he was going to be on this he was at for quite some time. Standing up, Izuku headed into the forest to begin his search for shelter but one thing that Izuku knew for sure was that whatever may happen he will either find a way home or do his best in this new world. However, unlike the novels and manga back on his world where the main character was blessed with the help of a god or extreme magical powers... Izuku only had his body, his mind, and his suppressed quirk to give him strength in this foreign world! As such, this was the start of the tale of the Lost Emerald Soul.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 457 17
Just a normal love story of how two strangers met then fell in love. [ ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™ฅ๐™ก๐™š๐™ฉ๐™š๐™™ ] โš ๏ธŽโš ๏ธŽโš ๏ธŽ โœ๏ธŽ I do not own any of the characters of my hero a...
2.9K 116 10
(I don't think there's enough of these, so I'm making one here! Also I do not own the art or BNHA. I only own the story. Everything else belongs to t...
55K 1K 11
Izuku lost everything the moment he was declared quirkless He lost his mother,father's love and was neglected and abused by them His friends left him...
1.9K 70 6
After the war that resulted in the death of the two strongest beings in the world, Izuku Midoriya the Bearer of One For All was deemed by some miracl...