A Critical_Error...

By adamabyss12

This story is inspired by Alphatale. Also, it's not canon to the Alphatale story. Life has been beyond cruel... More

The Usual
An Unusual Rematch
A Murderous Skeleton
Another Error
Critical_Error Bio
A Corrupted Artist
Helping the Spawns
Next piece of Code
Determined Skeletons
Disbelief/Dustbelief

Aftermath

558 6 9
By adamabyss12

Fatal_Error...he is seeing only darkness, as he cannot be sure where he is at right now. He does not know why...but this is so...so confusing for him. Why can't he defeat this guy? Why is he unable to defeat this skeleton? Who he fought...he is much more stronger than even Error. He does not understand why this must suddenly happened to him out of complete utter nowhere.

But as he thought of that, he than began to see something. Light. His eyes, they are beginning to open once again. But...Fatal_Error could easily tell...that it is not his pocket dimension that he is in now. He looks around...and sees a black sky. But it does not have stars. Instead, it has mystical screens that shows the Alternate Universes that exist across the whole Multiverse. Fatal_Error sits up straight, and he looks around the place that he is in, as he does not know where he is at right now.

"So...you finally awoken."

A familiar voice spoke out. Fatal_Error turned around to see who it is, only to see that it is Error404 next to him, smiling. Fatal_Error, though...finally gets to have a good look at him, and he finally spoke out.

"I've seen you before...(X3)"

Error404 gawked his head, as Fatal_Error spoke out.

"Back when I was still Geno, you appeared inside of the Save Screen(x5)"

Error404 nodded, as he than spoke out to Fatal_Error.

"It seems so. To be honest, I actually noticed you too back when you were in your...normal form."

Fatal_Error nodded, but he scowled, as he then spoke out.

"Though...seeing you before is outraging in my opinion, since you remind me of the one that had made me to who I am right now(X4)."

Error404 nodded, as he spoke out.

"I won't deny it, since you obviously have a grudge against Error, my apprentice."

This made Fatal_Error briefly stunned, by an instant later, he got angry, as he spoke out.

"YOUR APPRENTICE???!!! YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT YOU SENT HIM TO BECOME THE PERSON THAT I AM NOW???!!!!!"

Error404 shook his head, as he spoke out.

"No. We met sometime after Error made you like this, Fatal_Error, not before that. In fact, I was not even aware that you exist, until Error had shown me of who you are. And I must say...I am very interested in you."

This made Fatal_Error confused and a bit fried red by what Error404 just said, as he than spoke out to him.

"What do you mean by, Interested in me(X3)"

Error404 than spoke out to Fatal_Error in a calm tone of voice, as usual.

"Your abilities are very unique for an Error. Abilities that even I have not been able to use myself. I know how to use the red strings, since I taught Error that, but the fact that you can copy the data of others, as well as being able to see the coding of the Multiverse, as well the people that lives inside of these different worlds, this makes you unique amongst all the other Errors. Abilities that I need you for. That is why I came to you, Fatal_Error, and in return, I can help you with your goal."

But Fatal_Error does not seem to be interested in it, as he spoke out.

"Why should it go with you, especially with Error by your side? No, I refuse to work with the one that had did this to me!"

Because Fatal_Error is now angry, he is somehow able to speak in a much more clear, yet very high and loud tone. Error404 sighed, as he knew that this would be the reaction Fatal_Error would make, as he than spoke out to Fatal_Error about something.

"Fatal_Error, listen. I know what your goal is. You want to bring back your brother. But do you really believe that you are the only one that wants to do this, to go this far, just to bring back something that you loved this whole time?"

Fatal_Error looks at Error404 with a confused look on his face, and yet, with his anger still present.

"What do you mean by that(X4)?"

Clearly, Fatal_Error is not going to calm down, until he gives him a reason to know why he said something like that. So...Error404 took a deep breath, and spoke out.

"I am going to be honest with you, Fatal_Error...because the truth is...I want the same thing."

This caught Fatal_Error's attention, as he than spoke out to Error404 in a surprised tone of voice.

"You(X2)...do(X5)"

Error404 nodded, as he spoke out to Fatal_Error in a sad tone of his own.

"Yes, I do. Like you...I lost my brother. He wasn't a Papyrus, no, in fact, he resembles a Sans a lot...but he's just as important as any, and he is someone I still deeply loved and cared about. And like you, I went as far as to destroy Alternate Universes, all in the name of bringing him back, all without any success, just like you. The only difference between us...is that you had made the one that you call 'Patch.' So in a way...you did bring Papyrus back, just in a way that you never intended it to be."

But the mentioning of Patch made Fatal_Error very angry, as he than spoke out.

"That thing is NOT my brother!! He is a fake, he is never the brother I wanted!!!"

Error404 than spoke back.

"True, he is not what he wanted you to be, but he is still your brother, regardless. But even I admit that...you still need a real one. Which is why I have a proposal for you, Fatal_Error."

This made Fatal_Error confused, as he than spoke out.

"What do you mean...(X3)

...By proposal?"

Error404 smiled, as he than spoke out to Fatal_Error, in a very reassuring tone of voice to him.

"The proposal I made for you is this. If you work for me...and help me get my brother back, as well as help me rebuild my world, than I will make you stronger, and give you the power that you need in order to bring back the brother that you had lost, Fatal_Error."

Error404 than extended his hand out to Fatal_Error, and spoke out to him.

"What do you say? Will you join?"

Fatal_Error looks down at the hand, than back to Error404, as he is unsure of what to think of this. How does he know that he can trust this Error404? He than spoke out to the Error404 entity before him.

"How do I know(X4)...that you are not lying to me(X2)"

Error404 than lowered his arm, and spoke out to Fatal_Error.

"Well...I will admit...you might still be suspicious of me, since this is the first time that you have met me. But if I can train Error into becoming who you had seen before, than I will not make an exception for you, Fatal_Error. I can train you to become more powerful than you are right now, in order for you to bring Papyrus back. And besides...since there will be some obstacles that will get in the way, you also need to become more powerful enough to fight them, just like that Skeleton that you had fought, Infected."

This caught Fatal_Error's attention, as he than spoke out.

"Infected?"

Error404 than spoke out.

"The Skeleton with the axe that you had fought. He is the only one that can fight me and give me a challenge. But thin, you are not challenge, just an annoyance. You are not at his level. And besides...you could use some new strings to help you with what you have right now, in the task that will lie ahead of you."

Fatal_Error looks down at his knees, and spoke out.

"So(X3)...you really are going to keep your promise on this(X5)

But what of Error(X4)

You are not going to assign me with him, are you(X3)"

Error404 than spoke out to Fatal_Error.

"No, I won't. In fact, the only time when I will assign you with Error, is when I absolutely need to for something that I would consider very important. But it will not be often, I will admit to you. But you should  know this, Fatal_Error. You hate him, and you have a good reason to continue hate him, not that I do hate him myself. But even if you hate him, you should not let that get in the way of trying to bring back what you cherish the most. If you let hate control you in the way that you can treat others...than you will not succeed. You won't get Papyrus back through hate. So even if you hate him for making you like this, you will also need him in order to make sure that you bring back Papyrus."

He than raised his left hand again, as he spoke out.

"So I ask you again...will you accept my help?"

Fatal_Error looks down at his legs, as he began to think of he should trust him enough. On the one hand, he did kidnap him and lead Fatal_Error to fight him...but if what he is saying is true...if he really can make him much more stronger than before...than maybe...he can become more strong enough to bring Papyrus back. Fatal_Error looked down at his hands...and he clenched his fist, before he loosened his hands again. He looks at Error404 with his code filled, pupil-less eyes, as Error404 watches to see what will happen. To his relief, Fatal_Error raised his hand...and after a little bit of contemplating if he should do this or not, made his decision that Error404 hoped what he would take. He extended his hand, and grabbed it, before he than spoke out to Error404.

"...I accept."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

672 59 10
Error can hear a voice in his head saying, "Wake up, there's only so much time before it's too late.." He does have voices stuck in his head but, tha...
17.1K 1.2K 22
ever sense Error can remember, hes dedicated his life to giving his dying brother, Geno, a gift. the gift of a good, strong brother. with Geno's life...
8.8K 198 11
The undertale Hyperverse is dying KM, Error404, Alphasans, Infected, And the Whole Godverse is here to discuss about their dying Hyperverse. They tri...
9.3K 142 11
A young boy at the age of 16 had lived an ordinary life. He had a home with parents, he went to school and do his homework, he had friends that he ha...