Stardom

By CheyaraWrites58

Selena McCall has dreamt about becoming an actress all her life. Leaving her small town lifestyle behind her... More

Hollywood, Here I Come
Play the Part
Rejection
Struggles
Slipping
Making It
The Platinum Rose
The First Night
Expectations
Bad Blood
We All Have History
Lights, Camera... Action?
Determination
Dance with the Devil
Start of Something
The Art of Temptation
Limelight
Mistakes
Reunited
Truth
Abandoned
Reinforcements
Peace Offering
Fear and Friends
Tension and Teasing
Lust-Fuelled
Buried Secrets
Unwanted Attention
Crushed
Reckless Abandon
Up
Relationships
Decisions
In Too Deep
Backlash
Pain
Destruction
A New Direction
Shockwave
Waiting Game
Moving On
Epilogue

Opportunities

101 10 2
By CheyaraWrites58

I stared at her in shock, wondering where such anger could have come from regarding something that didn't even affect her.

"No," I said sharply, recoiling a little, feeling hurt by the sharpness of her tongue.

"Could have fooled me. Seems all you're doing nowadays is raking it in here then blowing it on new clothes."

"Is that what this cold shoulder shit is all about?" I snapped, "Jealous or something?"

"Jealous?" She laughed, "Of what exactly? That you're flushing your future down the drain in exchange for more nights here dancing for any guy chucking a few bucks your way?"

Angered by her vicious attitude, I slammed my own glass down, misjudging how rough I was being and successfully shattering it beneath my hand.

"You have no idea what you're talking about," I bit back.

"Pretty sure that I do," She snarled, "You just gave up. You took the easy way. It's all well and good showing up to these auditions and just reading your lines. But did you ever actually put in the effort? Did you ever really want it?"

"How dare you! You have no idea how hard I tried."

She rolled her shoulders, storming away from the bar and back toward her locker. Refusing to let her walk away that easily, I followed, slamming the door before she could reach it and facing off against her.

"I gave everything I had at those auditions!"

"Did you really?" She argued, "Because I think you'll find that many people give a hell of a lot more. People wanting to into showbiz will pull out all the stops, nothing is too much work to put in, they'll do anything to get their foot in the door."

My heart was aching at the way she berated me, and tears began to sting in my eyes. I wasn't going to listen to this, I wouldn't be scalded by her, not here, not now.

"You know what, Crystal, fuck you. Keep your nose out of my business from now on," I said coldly, storming for the door.

I was so angry and hurt that I walked along the hall without really seeing, walking straight into a solid form and almost stumbling over.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I was-" I stopped as the smartly dressed man steadied me and my eyes found his with a start.

I recognised him. It took me a minute to place him, but then, with a twisting sensation in my stomach, I remembered. He was one of the two handsome men who'd been dining with Dalton.

"Just who I wanted to see," He smiled, his hands falling from my shoulders, "You're even more beautiful up close."

"Thank you," I murmured, stepping back and feeling awkward as his eyes darted across my barely clothed body.

"You're welcome."

"How come you're here?" I asked sheepishly.

"I came for a dance, heard this place was the number one hotspot."

He let out a small laugh, and it soothed me to note that it was neither sleazy nor cold.

"Yeah, plenty of great girls here, just head on out and take your pick."

"Oh, I think I've already made my choice."

It was impossible not to pick up on his meaning as his eyes drifted to my cleavage before returning to settle on my face. I wasn't sure how to feel by his preference. He didn't make me feel uneasy, but the idea of dancing for a friend or acquaintance of a man such as Dalton didn't sit well with me either. Before I could think through my next move, I spotted Crystal coming out of the locker room, lingering a moment at the door, staring at me with a mixture of curiosity and contempt. Instantly I felt my anger bubble up, wanting to make it perfectly clear that her opinion didn't matter to me, and with my ego overruling my head, I nodded eagerly.

"Of course," I said flirtatiously, "Follow me."

His brows rose in surprise, his lips curving upward in a satisfied smile, before he fell into step beside me, following me through the club to the upstairs private lounge.

Settled in our own booth, the music began to play and I got down to business. His golden eyes didn't waver from me as I danced, drinking in each rhythmic roll of my hips with a lusting expression falling over his rather handsome face. For a man in what I suspected was his late thirties to early forties, he was in good shape and actually rather hot, something which only enhanced my enjoyment after a while, revelling in the way that he pressed against me when I climbed on his lap, stripping off my bra and leaning back for him to appreciate the view even more. His hands wandered up my spine, his thumbs sweeping across the underside of my breasts, making my nipples harden at the tickling sensation. I ground against his lap, my senses heightening as I felt him twitch beneath me. My mind drifted as I got more and more into the dance, almost missing the rising beat of the music signalling the end of our time. As the beat died down, I came back to the moment, my face mere inches from him as he held my waist, my chest pressed against his. I hastily hopped from his lap, mentally shaking myself to clear my head.

"Definitely worth stopping by," He commented cockily, rising to his feet behind me whilst I tugged on a robe.

"Glad you enjoyed yourself," I replied with a smile.

"It would be impossible not to, with you around," He complimented, "You're a vision, Selena."

My name slipped seductively from his tongue as he drew nearer, making me feel suddenly like prey under the intense, burning gaze of a large predator.

"Thank you," I muttered.

"I can see you being very good in front of the cameras," I furrowed my brow in question and he continued with a chuckle: "I may have heard about your desire to act."

"Oh," I laughed, "Well, thank you, but you needn't sweet talk me now, dance is over."

He chuckled and shook his head.

"No sweet-talking, just honesty. I have a good eye for these things. Part of my job," At my bemused look, he went on to add: "Jex Kendall, Casting Director."

"Wow," I breathed in response. I'd heard of him, a big name in the industry. Suddenly it made sense how he'd know Dalton, both of them being big names in their fields, likely crossing paths often. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

He gave a wave of his hand, shaking his head lightly.

"Pleasure's all mine," He advanced another step and I had to look up to maintain eye contact. "I could help open some doors for you if you wanted?"

"Seriously? Why would you do that?"

"I just like seeing people get their chance to reach their potential," He shrugged, "Besides, I heard a little rumour from a friend, that you struck a rather nice deal with him to get what you wanted before. Gave him a little something in return."

I stared in shock as I realised he was referring to what I'd done with Dalton to get him to leave me alone.

"I already gave you a dance," I said quickly.

He nodded, and then lifted a hand, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear, a pleasant smile on his face as he tipped his head to the side.

"It wouldn't be a dance this time, beautiful. I'd be doing far more for you than Dalton. I'd want a little more."

"What are yo-"

"One night," He cut over me, "That's all I ask, and I will open doors for your career that could set you up for life. Everything you've ever wanted is right at your fingertips. All you have to do is want it enough to take it."

I felt my mouth open and close as I searched for words that would convey my shock at his suggestion. But all that I could do was stare at him, Crystal's earlier words now coming back to haunt me, replaying in my head: "But did you ever actually put in the effort? Did you ever really want it?"

I was unable to speak as he tucked his hand inside his jacket pocket, pulling out a card, leaning in and brushing a finger over my cheek.

"You can think about it for a couple of days," He whispered, "If I haven't heard from you by then, I'll take it as you don't want my help." He slipped the card into my hand, then kissed me on the cheek. "I really hope to get your call, Selena."

With that, he strolled out of the booth, leaving me to stare after him, my fingers closing around the business card in my hand.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249K 8.6K 30
Being a wedding planner is something that Selena Rose loves doing. One day, she gets booked as a wedding planner only to find out that she is plannin...
131K 3K 58
Y/n Y/L/n is a graduating student who aspires to become a singer. He met The Selena Gomez one day and his life changed. But It was never Easy. Selen...
966 81 77
I was just a waitress in a small bar in a small town. I had big dreams of leaving the small town and going to the big city but I was barely making en...
2K 156 24
22-year-old Selena Black has finally had enough. Enough of the small town of Gilbertsville she was raised in, a father with no sense of commitment, a...