The S.H.I.E.L.D. Chronicles o...

By Elrita03

Co-writer @TylerSmith23 This story is for you and thank you for your help and all the ideas. Alex Hua has ha... More

Chronicle 1
Chronicle 2
Chronicle 3
Chronicle 4
Chronicle 5
Chronicle 6
Chronicle 7
Chronicle 8
Chronicle 9
Chronicle 11
Chronicle 12
Chronicle 13
Chronicle 14
Chronicle 15
Chronicle 16
Chronicle 17
Chronicle 18
Chronicle 19
Chronicle 20
Chronicle 21
Chronicle 22
Chronicle 23
Chronicle 24
Chronicle 25

Chronicle 10

68 0 0
By Elrita03

Season 1

Episode 3

Part: 1

Location: The Helicarrier

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 I woke up to an alarm clock. I reach to shut it off. It was quiet for a little bit before beeping really loud again. I groaned as I got up and turned it off the right way.

I rubbed my eyes as I looked at the time. "Shoot," I said as I realized I was late. I hurried up and changed and went next door to see if Skye was still asleep. Ward started to train us since we both want to be agents. But the training hasn't been easy.

I banged on her bunk door. "Skye! We're late! Wake up!" I yelled at her. She opened the door yawning and said "What?"

"Did you forget about training this morning?" I said to her. She looked at me drowsy until she finally understood what I said. "Shit," She mumbled as she closed the door and changed fast.

She came out and we rushed a little to the cargo bay where we were training. We came down the stairs and Ward glared at us both as he said "You know you're both late."

"We're tired from the morning's workout. I thought I was joining S.H.I.E.L.D. not 24 hour fitness," Skye said to him as we both stand in front of a punching bag.

"It's called relative strength training, starting with the basics and next time you do 15 push-ups for every minute you're late," Ward says, tightening up her wrap for her hands. He came to me and wrapped my hand a little tighter too.

"Fine, Mr. Fun Machine. Better than pull-ups. I don't ever want to do another pull-up again," Skye said to him. I nodded at her as I yawned a little. I've never done so many pull-ups in my life before. I wasn't that active in P.E.

"You find yourself hanging off the edge of a building 20 stories up, you're gonna want to do at least one," Ward said to her. "Well I'll never get myself in that position," I said to him as I waited for him to show me how to punch like he did Skye.

He came over to me and said "You can fight. But your technique is a little sloppy. Bring it in a little tighter and put more force behind your punch. Like this." He showed me one solid punch, moved a little near me and punched again but brought it back far enough where he hit my bullet wound.

I groaned a little when he hit it. I looked up and gritted my teeth as I saw his smug little smile on his face. I want to punch him so bad, but the bag will have to do.

I punched the bag how he showed me and when he was about to leave I brought my arm back super fast so that it hit him in the gut. He grunted as he glared at me. I smirked as I kept punching the bag.

Ward looked at me as he said out loud "You know the hardest part about boxing?" Skye was on the other bag punching and said "Getting punched in the face?"

Ward looked at her and said "No. Keeping your hands up." Skye half rolled her eyes at him as she said "Why do we even have to do this? I'm sure Fitz and Simmons supervising officer didn't make them do this muscle stuff." I nodded my head agreeing.

Ward looked at us and said "You said you guys wanted to be a field agent like Coulson. Well if you'd like to switch disciplines...." Then Ward turns to the lab where Fitz and Simmons are and says "Hey Simmons. What did your S.O. give you guys for morning drills?

Simmon excitedly says "Oh, atomistic attribute drills. Yeah, we'd name the mechanical, chemical, thermal..." And then Fitz finished off with "Electrical properties of materials."

"Alright I think they made your point," I said to him as I punched the bag again. Ward looked at me and then at Skye as he said "There will come a moment when you have to commit to this or bail. Every field agent has a defining moment. Ask Coulson. When you have to make the hard call to either dedicate yourself to this or to curl up in a ball and run."

I looked at him strangely and said "How can you run if you're curled up in a ball?" Skye laughed a little as she nodded her head agreeing with me. He glared at me as I started punching the bag again.

"It's my job as your S.O. to make sure you two don't die before then," Ward says to me and then looks at Skye.

Skye started punching again before saying "So what was yours, Agent Ward?" Ward looked at her and said "10 minutes."

Skye, still punching, says "Your defining moment?" He looked at her quietly. She stopped for a moment and started punching again as she said "Come on, tell us. I want to know. I could get Coulson to give you some of that truth serum. You could spill your little heart out to us again."

I laughed as I remembered him talking about his grandma. "You mean my level one overshare. That miraculously got you two to cooperate? I hate to tell you this rookies, but we don't have a truth serum," Ward says to us. Me and Skye looked at each other confused before looking back at him

"Changing course. Briefing in three," May said over the intercom. Fitz came out to take his jacket off and said "Ah looks like we're on the move." He started running up the stairs with Simmons on his tail.

Ward started to walk up the stairs as me and Skye took the tape off our hands and put it up. We walked up and sat down on the chairs next to where Fitz and Simmons were sitting. We were right outside the debrief room.

"A few minutes ago. A S.H.I.E.L.D. transport was attacked while carrying a priority red protected asset off Route 76 near sterling," Coulson said to us walking towards us with a tablet in his hands.

"Priority red?" Simmons says as Fitz whistles. Coulson flipping the tablet around says "The asset was Canadian Physicist Dr. Franklin Hall, known for his work-" He was interrupted by Simmons saying "Oh not Franklin" and Fitz saying "Dr. Hall?"

"You know him?" I ask them as Coulson showed us a picture of him. Fitz looked at me and said, "He was our chemical kinetics adviser our second year." Then Simmons adds "Yeah, he was so enthusiastic about Science, we just adored him. We can rescue him, can't we?" She looked at Coulson on the last part.

Coulson turned the tablet around and looked at it as he said "He's one of ours. We're gonna try." Ward walked up to him and said, "and the attackers?"

"Invisible," Coulson added and then walked away. "Wait invisible? Cool," Skye said as I said "Awesome." We laughed a little until we saw Ward glared at us both and then Skye added "But terrible." I nodded agreeing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not so soon after we arrived in Colorado as we were walking down the airfield. Me and Skye going back and forth asking questions.

"So Dr. Hall was an asset?" Skye asks as we were walking down. Coulson answered saying "One of the few select scientists S.H.I.E.L.D. has been protecting people our enemies would love to get their hands on. We keep them hidden, keep them on the move."

Then Simmons added "Which is why Fitz and I were so lucky to have him." Then Coulson said "We don't have him anymore."

"And what does priority red mean?" I ask him. "It means security should have been.... Heavy," Coulson said, pausing as we saw a van in a tree.

We walked over to the site where the accident happened. I went with Coulson and May as they went to talk to a man. He was sitting in the ambulance as a major gash was on his head.

"Nice gash," I said as we walked to him. May and Coulson looked at me weird as he said "thanks. It's usually not an everyday thing." I smiled at him as I tried to ease his nerves. He smiled a little at me as he looked at Coulson.

"So what happened?" Coulson asked him about the accident. "It was pretty damn scary, and I don't spook easily, boss," the man said to him. May with no hesitation asks "nothing in the air from above?"

"Nothing over our shoulder, but what's scary is they knew our route. They were waiting for us," the man said to us, a little spooked. I looked at Coulson and May as Coulson asked "Are you saying they were working with somebody inside S.H.I.E.L.D.?"

The man looked hesitant as I said "hey it's all good just speak your mind." He looked at me and nodded as he faced Coulson and said "Sorry to say... It had to be."

Suddenly Simmons yells "Fitz, what am I seeing here?" Fitz walked over while saying "well I'm not wearing the full spectrum goggles I designed, so no clue."

I walked over and walked next to Skye as she was going to see what they were talking about. Everyone soon followed too.

Fitz chuckled a little at us before saying "Let me have a look. Come on." We were walking to her until she stopped us and said "No, whoa, whoa, whoa! Wait! Don't move. Wait a second."

She picked up some gravel on the ground and threw it right where we were about to walk. It instantly started floating around in a pattern. "What the hell?" I said as I stared at it. I think I heard Skye whisper "Took the words straight out of my mouth."

"I think the electro-static field scanner activated some... thing," Simmons says, clicking the tablet to try and figure it out. It shot some dirt at us and we all duck out of the way.

Coulson looked at it calmly and said "okay, can we deactivate it? Now?" Fitz started clicking on his tablet saying "you have to increase the density."

Simmons started yelling "I tried Fitz but..." Fitz wasn't listening, he was doing his own thing trying to fix it. It shot some more dirt at us. "Fitz," I said to him after it shot the dirt at us.

Fitz was cranking the button all the way up until it fritz out. Suddenly all the stuff that was floating fell as Simmons went to the ground and found something. It was a little spherical metal thing.

Simmons picked it up with some clappers and said "That did all this." She handed it over to Coulson who grabbed it. Everyone looked at him as he was inspecting it.

"What is that?" Skye asks him as we were all still looking at it. All Coulson said to us was "Something big."

We went back to the airplane as Fitz and Simmons were in the lab inspecting the thing. Me and Skye were standing there watching them as Coulson and May were talking.

"I think you should go through the communication logs, rule it out. We'll work the tractor tread that we found on the scene," Coulson said to May a little louder.

May left the room as Skye said "I can do that instead of pull-ups. I can upload an image of the tread pattern, check to see if there's any sort of--" She didn't finish before Ward interrupted her saying "Already done. Matched it to a 2010 model. Found a list of purchasers within a 500 mile radius, narrowed down to those with priors, financial troubles, or propensity for risk taking. Three suspects."

He walked over as he put everything he found on the screen. I walk over and look at its research. Three people's pictures popped up as he said three suspects.

"Who may have sold their construction equipment to the kidnappers. We'll ask," Coulson says to Ward. He nodded as he left. I watched him leave as Coulson said "You're also coming."

I looked at him confused as I said "Are you talking to me?" He nodded yes and said "We'll need you when we talk to them. You can calm them down."

"I don't calm anyone down. I just talk to them."

Coulson just stood there until Skye said "Hey so Ward said a funny thing. He said that you guys don't have a truth serum." I nodded with her at what she said.

Coulson looked at us both and smiled as he said "Did he? Ward said that?" I nodded as I said "Yeah."

Coulson just looked at us and said "Interesting." Then he walked off with Skye saying "yeah. Hey, wait..."

May walked back in and said "Hey." She handed her an overfilled binder in her hands. Skye looked at it weirdly and said "Do you want me to bench press this?" I laughed a little at that.

May just looked at her and said "Read it. Every communication out of HQ since they decided to transfer Dr. Hall." Skye looked at the binder and mumbled something. I laughed a little as I said "well you got some reading to do. See you later."

I left as I went to go meet up with Coulson and Ward to get ready to leave and talk to the suspects.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57K 998 17
Skye gets shot in the stomach twice by Ian Quinn. She is fighting for her life while Coulson and her team find GH-325 from the Tahiti program. They i...
420K 15.1K 67
Grant Ward, double agent and evil Hydra mastermind. But what would've happened if he had someone to keep him sane? This is the story of Samantha Slat...
4.8K 161 13
Our favorite agents go to Hogwarts! Join Skye, Ward, Fitz, Simmons, and Trip during their 6th and 7th years. Basically I'm writing this because I lov...
8.9K 231 22
It's been 4 months since S.H.I.E.L.D. fell, and Asya Anatolievna has had more than her fair share of work. From tracking down deserters to buying bac...