Transformers Prime: Brother o...

By GamingLichdom

An alternate universe based in Transformers Prime where Megatron, the Gladiator of Kaon, has a younger brothe... More

Character BIO: Galvatron
Prologue: Meeting Galvatron
Darkness Rising: Pt.1
Darkness Rising: Pt.2
Darkness Rising: Pt.4
Darkness Rising: Pt.5
Masters and Students

Darkness Rising: Pt.3

8K 182 78
By GamingLichdom

(A/N: None of the images used are mine. Also, please watch 'Transformers Prime' before you continue reading this story.)

Ratchet was busy running tests on the mysterious purple substance discovered on Arcee's hand when he heard a metal object crash to the ground, sending vibrations throughout the Autobot base. The medic swiftly turned around and eyed the room with growing suspicion.

Ratchet: "Optimus?....Galvatron?"

The ancient Cybertronian was met with silence as he slowly shifted his form to continue his experiments, only to hear the same noise echo throughout the room. He whipped his head around mere moments before a metallic claw rushed towards his face. Ratchet cursed to himself before shifting to the side, just barely managing to avoid the oncoming attack.

Grabbing a nearby pipe, Ratchet desperately swung at the small monstrosity and managed to knock it backwards. Suddenly, the mutated medical tool leaped onto Ratchet's desk and wandered across his experiments, promptly slicing one of his tools in half.

Ratchet: "I needed that!"

The creature jumped towards Ratchet for a second time, the medic lifting his arm in a desperate attempt to protect himself against the incoming attack. Before it reached him, however, a mysterious laser blasted it off course and sent it flying towards the ground. The corrupted tool attempted to stand up, only for a large chunk of purple energon to smash against it.

Ratchet was left speechless as the hulking form of Galvatron stood triumphantly above the destroyed entity, a strange amethyst substance protruding from his hand in the form of a hammer. Even Optimus -who walked in with the Cybertronian- was staring at the spectacle in awe.

Ratchet: "Kid...w-what was THAT!"

Optimus: "I believe the answer lies within our recent attacker, Ratchet; Dark Energon."

(~Small Time Skip~)

Ratchet, Optimus and Galvatron were discussing how Megatron could've discovered such a powerful force like Dark Energon -as well as Galvatron's ability to manipulate it- when the rest of Team Prime returned to the base with their Human companions. Raf, Jack and Miko each stepped out from their guardians' alt modes before they transformed.

Miko: "Heheh! Sweet!"

A rumbling noise protruded from Bulkhead's chest, followed by the large mech transforming the front of his body and removing a guitar case. Miko stared sheepishly at her partner before reaching up for her instrument, offering a swift apology to Bulkhead.

Miko: "Sorry, must have left it in the back seat."

Optimus: "Autobots, prepare to...."

Arcee: "Roll out?"

Optimus: "Remain here."

The towering Prime shifted his optics towards Ratchet, who immediately perked up under the mech's gaze. Understanding what Optimus was trying to say, Ratchet stood beside him and made preparations for them to leave. Optimus eventually shifted his gaze towards Arcee and gave his orders to her, though she didn't take it so well.

Optimus: "Ratchet will be coming with me. Until then, Galvatron will be in charge of e-"

Galvatron: "I'm coming with you, Optimus."

Upon hearing the hoarse vocals of Galvatron echo through their audio receptors, everyone in the base turned towards the ex-gladiator with questioning expression edged into their faces. The rusted mech wandered towards the Autobot Leader with a neutral expression, which Optimus understood meant he wasn't going to back down.

However, that didn't mean Optimus wasn't going to try convince him. Reaching a hand upon Galvatron's spiked shoulder, the Prime offered him a few words in an attempt to dismay him from accompanying them; He didn't know how the warrior would react once he met his brother again, and didn't want to take any unnecessary risks. 

Optimus: "Galvatron. I understand why you want to join us, but-"

Galvatron: "I know what you're trying to do, Optimus, and it's not going to work. Now stop wasting time and open up the groundbridge."

Optimus: "*Sigh* Very well. You may accompany us on the mission, just be careful."

Galvatron: "I know how to handle myself."

With everything said and done, Optimus, Ratchet and Galvatron prepared themselves for the chaotic battle that they'd undoubtedly face on their newest mission. However, before they could activate the groundbridge to leave, Arcee approached the Autobot Leader and made her personal opinions known.

Arcee: "Optimus, with all due respect, playing bodyguard is one thing; Babysitting is another."

Galvatron couldn't help but roll his optics dramatically, unable to comprehend why Arcee would feel such distain towards a basic task; All that's required of her is to keep watch of three Human children and make sure they're entertained, surely that couldn't be as difficult as she was making it out to be!

Arcee: "Besides, why are you taking Galvatron with you? Don't you think it would be better to keep him here where it's safe?"

Galvatron: "Are you....worried about me?"

 The blue femme raised a metal finger to appose his claim, only for it to fall once more as a heavy blush overtook her faceplate. Even the two-wheeler herself couldn't understand why she was acting like this for someone she'd only met a few months ago; Why would she care about what happened to the mech?

Arcee shook herself from her own thoughts and chose to ignore Galvatron's question, though the shade of flushed lapis that covered her face was still quite noticeable to everyone in the base. Instead, the femme chose to continue speaking with Optimus and attempted to get answers.

Arcee: "What's going on, Optimus?"

Optimus: "For the moment, it is only reconnaissance."

Arcee: "Then why do I hear an edge in your voice?"

Optimus: "Arcee, much has changed in the last 24 hours. We all need to adapt."

Upon finishing his talk with Arcee, Optimus looked towards the Autobot medic and ordered him to activate the groundbridge. Ratchet nodded his head and flicked the lever, resulting in a powerful green hue formulating within the cave. Galvatron and Ratchet were the first to walk through the groundbridge before Optimus began approaching.

Before the mech followed his companions through the portal, he one of Arcee's hands fall upon his lower arm. Optimus slowly shifted his optics towards the femme and awaited for her to speak, only to be surprised when she stared at him with a somewhat anxious expression on her face. It was only when Arcee made a personal enquiry that he began to understand.

Arcee: "Optimus, please, make sure Galvatron's safe."

Optimus: "....I shall do everything in my power to ensure his survival, Arcee. You have my word."

Arcee offered Optimus a thankful glance before she strutted out of the main chambers of the Autobot base, leaving behind a confused Team Prime. However, Optimus eventually shook off his moment of stupor and entered the groundbridge, appearing within a mysterious ravine. Meanwhile, Jack turned towards the others and began to speak.

Jack: "So....I'm guessing Arcee's in charge?"

Bulkhead: "U-uh...I don't know"

Everyone present merely facepalmed at the large wrecker's lack of understanding towards their current situation. As this was happening, Arcee was sitting on her recharge berth whilst wrapping her arms around her waist, hushed 'breaths' escaping from her lips. She still didn't know why she was so adamant about Galvatron staying, but perhaps one day she'd understand.

Arcee: "W-what's wrong with me? I need to get a hold of myself, I'm acting stupid."

Sadly for the two-wheeler, she was still unable to shake the image of Galvatron from her mind. The way his eyes gleamed with a powerful amethyst tint, or how his rusted form wandered with such a confident stride that even Optimus himself felt a need to consider his words when facing the ex-gladiator. She relished in his apposing presence.

Yet, Arcee still hated the way she fawned over the mech; What in Primus' name had Galvatron ever done to make her so interested in every little thing he did? Eventually, the femme released a tired groan of annoyance and stood up from her berth with the hopes of going on a calming drive, another desperate attempt at quelling her own thoughts.

(~Meanwhile With Optimus~)

Optimus, Ratchet and Galvatron slowly walked through the ancient ravine, their respective weapons unsheathed and ready to decimate any opponent they may face. A heavy smog overtook the landscape, preventing both the Prime and medic from seeing any more than twenty feet ahead of them. Galvatron, however, merely enhanced his vision with Dark Energon.

Ratchet: "Galvatron, your eyes! Are you-"

Galvatron: "I'm fine, gramps. Just trying to see through this goddamn fog. Primus, how thick is this!?"

Optimus: "That reminds me; How did you forge those weapons earlier, Galvatron?"

Galvatron: "...*Sigh* During my voyage in space, I discovered a small shard of Dark Energon on a dying world. I used it to enhance my own spark, offering a permanent boost to my power."

Ratchet: "Astonishing. Something like that could really boost our forces."

Optimus: "That is out of the question, Ratchet; It is likely that Galvatron only managed such a feat due to his larger build, using such dark methods against our own will surely have dire consequences."

Ratchet: "Hmm...I suppose you're right."

They continued wandering through the mist in silence. After ten minutes of walking, the three Cybertronians reached the very end of the ravine, a large wall of rock placed directly in front of them. Optimus and Ratchet prepared to go back the way they came, only to freeze in place when Galvatron refused to follow them.

Optimus: "Galvatron?"

Galvatron: "....It's him."

The Autobot Leader stared at the rusted warrior with a confused expression on his face, which quickly retracted into shock. Gazing up towards the top of the ravine's walls, the group immediately noticed a Cybertronian jet flying through the blackened skies. Without hesitation, Optimus raised his guns towards the entity whilst Ratchet activated his medical blades.

Galvatron, on the other hand, remained unmoving as he analysed the jet's movements, waiting to see what their first move would be. After what felt like eons, it transformed and landed upon a large formation of rocks positioned on the top of the ravine walls. Standing upwards and stretching its joints, the jet was revealed to be none other than Megatron.

The tyrannical gladiator glared down towards Optimus and Ratchet, not yet noticing the presence of a certain mech, before he began taunting the Prime and medic. Megatron's words were lost on Galvatron as his optics were hard-set on his older brother, his hands clenching into fists as his body began to convulse.

The sudden shifting from the ex-gladiator eventually caught the attention of Megatron, who reverted his gaze away from Optimus. The Decepticon Warlord prepared a witty retort towards the Cybertronian's jittering, only for the words to immediately die in his throat upon realising just who it was that loomed beside the Autobots.

Megatron: "B-brother?"

Galvatron: "Hey, Megs."

Megatron: "But you -I mean- How did you...."

Both siblings stared at each other -one with immense shock whilst the other hate- before the implications finally dawned on the silver mech. Now, it was Megatron's turn to bare an angered expression as he finally noticed that his BROTHER was working beside his sworn enemy, Optimus Prime, and was assisting in the thwarting of his plans.

Megatron's eyes flared with a dangerous purple as he activated the blade of his fusion cannon. Taking a battle stance, the Decepticon Lord released a powerful, rage-filled screech as an indication of his hatred for Galvatron. Eventually, he chose to vocalise his anger and yelled towards his younger sibling, a powerful gust of wind pushing against the latter's form.

Megatron: "You treacherous son of a glitch! Get up here, AND FACE ME!!"

Galvatron remained unmoving for a few moments before a heavy vent escaped from his throat, followed by the rusted mech leaping into the air. Galvatron's form quickly transformed into his Cybertronian jet form -similar to Megatron but rusted- before he shot off into the sky, intending to rush Megatron from the side.

Surprised by his brother's speed, the Decepticon Tyrant had little time to react before the heavy form of Galvatron crashed into his side and drew Energon from the wound. Megatron released a painful grunt before spewing out a blob of Dark Energon from his intake and crashing into the ground. He lifted his optics to see Galvatron standing in front of him.

Clutching his side, Megatron slowly lifted his body from the ground and glared daggers at his brother. The wound eventually stopped bleeding and began healing slowly, eventually giving Megatron the strength he needed to continue his duel. He ran towards Galvatron as fast as he could and pushed his blade forwards, only to be met with a Dark Energon Hammer to the face.

Once again, Megatron was sent flying through the air and tumbled across the ground, only for his optics to widen when he noticed that he was heading towards the ravine. Desperate to escape the rocky spikes below, the gladiator of Kaon dug his claws into the dead soil and slowed his descend towards the cliff. 

The tyrant slowly looked back and noticed that he was positioned on the very edge of the ravine; Any second longer, and his fate would've surely been sealed. Megatron couldn't hide the psychotic grin that overtook his features as he stared back towards his brother. He released a terrifying laugh before pushing his foot against the ground and propelling towards Galvatron.

Unlike his previous encounter, Megatron managed to block an oncoming swing from the rusted mech and raised his arm into an uppercut, only for his attack to be countered in return. The silver warrior growled angrily as he proceeded to rush Galvatron with an endless barrage of punches and kicks, which were mostly avoided save for one that made contact with his shoulder.

Seeing an opening, Megatron raised his bladed fusion cannon and brought it down against Galvatron's chest piece. Unfortunately, the mech's armour proved quite effective against Megatron's strike as the front blade bounced off with a loud ping, a small crack forming near the tip and bending slightly to the left.

Galvatron threw a solid punch towards Megatron while he was still recovering from his moment of astonishment. The punch slammed against his previously-damaged side and reopened the wound, once again earning a growl from the warlord as a single droplet of energon stained his metallic lip. Megatron responded with a powerful kick against Galvatron's chest, pushing him backwards.

Megatron: "*Huff*....*Puff*....I-I'll admit, brother, your skills in combat are quite efficient. However, you're defeat is inevitable."

Galvatron: "Heh! We'll see how confident you are once my foot is shooting up your aft."

Megatron: "*Growl* You arrogant little rod! When I get my hands on you, I'm gonna-"

Galvatron: "How 'bout you stop using words and show me through your actions, you glitched diode!"

If Megatron didn't want to kill Galvatron before, he surely did now. The warlord sprinted towards the mech and leaped into the air, catching his brother off guard. Megatron swung his fist down and cracked Galvatron in the side of his helm which resulted in him faltering in his step. The gladiator smirked evilly as he unleashed more punches against Galvatron's form.

It seemed as though Megatron was finally gaining the edge in their dramatic feud, until Galvatron raised his head with a large grin plastered upon his face. Before his opponent could react, Galvatron grabbed his arm, twisted it around and then smacked Megatron in the face with his elbow. This was fallowed by a powerful knee to the gut before the Decepticon was thrown roughly twenty feet away.

Whilst this was happening, both Optimus and Ratchet were facing against a legion of undead Cybertronians that Megatron summoned before his battle with Galvatron. Currently, the Prime was using his blades to cut open a group of zombies and smash them against the floor, their eyes diluting into a distant black.

Unfortunately, Optimus was eventually overpowered by a group of Cybertronian corpses that forced him against the ground, Ratchet soon following as more undead focused on him. Galvatron noticed their desperation from the side-lines, his optics widening in horror, before he was removed from his trance by a punch from Megatron.

Realising that continuing his fight with his brother would result in the death of both Optimus and Ratchet, Galvatron formed a Dark Energon Blaster on his arm and shot it towards his older sibling, who immediately fell upon the ground and released a pained yell from his mouth. Galvatron took this as his chance to withdraw and assist his comrades.

The ex-gladiator transformed into his alt mode and took off into the sky, sending a barrage of blaster fire towards the undead horde as he passed by. The ancient Cybertronians gazed up towards the source of their pain, noticing Galvatron flying ahead, before they were distracted enough for Optimus to overpower them.

He slashed through the legion of monstrosities before rushing to Ratchet's aid, pulling the creatures off of his friend. Galvatron eventually landed and formed blades on both his wrists, proceeding to slash and cut his way through the zombies in order to reach the Autobot Leader and his medic.

Megatron eventually stood up from his injured position and gazed down at his army with widened eyes, unable to comprehend how his younger brother could've caused so much chaos. Shaking such thoughts from his head, Megatron fought it best to retreat and deal with his treacherous sibling another day. Not to mention that he was clearly outmatched.

Megatron: "This isn't over, brother! Next time we face each other, your fate will lay in my grasp!"

Galvatron: "*Growl* Good luck with that, dumbaft."

Megatron sneered at his brother before transforming into his alt mode and flying away, disappearing into the greyish clouds that decorated the night sky. Galvatron stared out into the distance as Optimus called for a ground bridge, only to be met with static. Another fifteen minutes would go by before a groundbridge finally opened before them. 

The trio walked through the groundbridge as both Optimus and Ratchet congratulated Galvatron for his selfless act. The rusted warrior merely rolled his optics tiredly before following them through the portal, where he was immediately met with the rest of Team Prime and the Humans. Unable to deal with anyone at the moment, Galvatron swiftly left for his berth chambers.

Galvatron laid awake for a few moments before forcing himself into recharge, the image of his fight with Megatron being the last thing he saw before his optics went dim and his form fell limp. Now that his brother knew he was here, things were going to get a lot more interesting from here on out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.5K 892 28
Many ages ago there was once an order known as the Palatonic Guardians. These Guardians are shrouded in mystery and haven't been seen since the begin...
4.9K 184 14
An alternate ending to Starscream after Predacons Rising. After Starscream supposedly died by the Predacons, he's given a second chance and travels b...
26.7K 926 15
Y/D is the last of the original predacons, but no one knows it because he learned to transform. He's remained in hiding ever since the Great Cataclys...
11.7K 389 45
Lora is healing. The world she was pulled into only months ago fell apart, and only now is she starting to rebuild her life. But nothing is ever that...