Billionaire's Hidden Mate

By Snowfall3121

Michael Thomas has everything he could ever want at his fingertips except one thing...his mate. Alpha of the... More

Author's Note
Michael's Background
Penelope's Background
The Call
Traveling
The Interview
Rogue
After The Interview
Being Informed
Meeting
First Talk With Mate
First Talk With Female Rogue
Moving On
Final Destination
Welcome Home
Orienting Part One
Orienting Part Two

Making Plans

2.6K 63 6
By Snowfall3121

(Penelope's POV)

As soon as I was able too, I hightailed it out of there. I needed fresh air to calm down and process everything that just occurred. While waiting outside for a cab to pick me up and bring me to Helena's house, I used the time to compose myself for the most part after a quick prep talk. 

(Inside my head)-Everything will be alright. There is no other option. Since there is no going back now. Now, I must move forward and ensure that I am successful in my time here and that I remain hidden from my mate who also is my boss. Right now, he doesn't know I am his mate and I will do everything in my power to ensure he doesn't find out. We managed through the first meeting unscathed, we can surely achieve the same for the rest of the year. 

After getting inside the cab, I tried to utilize my time in the car efficiently. 

(Inside my  head)-Deep breaths Penelope. Think of it as one step at a time. Let's make a checklist of everything that needs to be done immediately.

Put in my two week notice.

Arrange to view Helena's neighbor's house.

If Helena's neighbor's house works put in an offer and if not find other available properties to view.

Pack up my house and find a realtor to put it on the market.

Hire a moving company.

Cross country road trip to move here with Helena. So research best travel destinations and hotels.

Clean the new house and unpack.

Become situated with everything involved in my new position.

Think of ways to evade my mate as much as possible while working for him and living in the same area. 

Once I finished the list, I sarcastically think-This is going to be easy-peasy. 

Before realistically thinking-Yeah, right. However, I am a strong independent woman and I can do anything I set my mind too. 

With this thought in mind, after paying for the cab I exit and turn to the right to go to Helena's neighbor's house.

Looking at the realtor's sign, I pick up my phone and dial the number.

After a few rings, a lady's voice answers-Howl for Homes Realtor Group, this is Brenda Storms speaking. How may I help you?

I reply-Hello. I am Penelope Williams. 

Before I can anything further, she says-I just received the email about you!

In shock I say-Excuse me?

She replies-The Alpha just sent out a pack message that you will be staying here and unless we work directly with you at Thomas International or have your permission except in cases of emergencies we are to stay away from you. 

Continuing she says-As for the email, my group is the official housing placement for the area. That way we can keep the houses in the area for the pack and if humans who do not work for Thomas International find the houses we can discourage them. He sent the email telling me to expect you since he figured you wanted the house next to Helena Troy's as the both of you are friends. Was he correct?

A little put off I say-He is. Can you tell me why the previous owners left?

She replies-Nothing sinister caused them to leave in any case the reason was joyous. Their only son and his mate just welcomed their first child. While the house is still in the pack territory it is close to the end, and as their son lives more in the center they wanted to be closer. Once the house next to their son's became available they moved in. If you wanted, I can arrange for you to meet them when I show you the house?

I reply-That will not be necessary. I was just curious since from the outside the house looks in decent condition and as Helena is human I wondered if the neighbors were too.

She replies-For the most part, the streets near the house are all human workers of Thomas International. We try to keep them at the end of the pack boundaries so they do not catch sight of us shifting. We have a strict no shifting except in cases of emergencies rule for a mile radius from those few streets and near Thomas International. So far, the humans have never seen us shift as they keep mostly to themselves. 

I reply-I will make sure to follow that rule. Anyways, is there a way we can meet and look at the house today?

She replies-That will be no trouble at all. Are you free right now?

I answer-Yes, I am free right now and the rest of the day.

She replies-Then I will be on my way. Looking forward to meeting you.

I reply-Thank you. I will be outside waiting for your arrival.

We hang up and I decided to inspect the outside of the house while waiting. 

Twenty minutes later, a middle age Caucasian lady with blond hair and wearing a pink dress shows up in a red convertible. 

As she exits the vehicle, she makes her way towards me saying-Penelope, it is so nice to meet you in person. By the way, I love the name Penelope. 

I am a little taken aback by her personality wondering if it is sincere or her trying to make a sale. I reply-Thank you. Shall we move inside the house?

She smiles and eagerly says-Let's. I can already tell you are going to just love this place. Hopefully, after you settle in you can reach out to the pack and make friends. I understand you want your space, but just so you know everyone in this pack is so nice and helpful. We are a real community here. Hopefully you will want to join us after some time spent here. However, no pressure. As we respect your boundaries and we follow the Alpha's orders so will stay away until we have your approval to become closer.

Assertively I say-I am only planning on staying for the contracted year. My focus will be on the job. Since I have no plans on joining this pack or any pack for that matter. I just am not made for being in a pack. Nevertheless, I promised your Alpha that I will give the people of this pack a chance. So I am alright with exchanging pleasantries and helping someone if they need it, but I am not looking to make friends. Since I do not want any ties or no one holding me back. 

She kindly says-I do not believe that you are not made for being in a pack. However, I will not push the issue. Who knows what the year will bring. 

After that conversation we focus on the house. The house is nearly identical to Helena's, however in slightly better condition and a little bit larger. Clearly, any person walking through the house could tell that the previous owners took exceptional care of it. The entire property was in working order, tidy, and modern. 

Once we finished viewing the house, Brenda asks me-So are you going to put an offer on this house?

Smiling I say-Yes. I can picture myself living here. The property has everything I want and need in a house. Plus the house has perks like being closer to Helena and an area to run as a wolf in without having to travel far.

In excitement, she claps her hands and says-I will inform the owners and start the paperwork. I will let you know when I have them ready to be signed.

After a quick handshake she makes her way to her car and leaves. 

Once she is gone, I head inside Helena's house to go write my resignation letter and start making plans to complete the rest of my list.

(Hi Everyone-I hope you all like this chapter. Sorry for taking so long to update. Just had a lot in my life going on and I keep getting sick with colds due to my low immune system. Since I am still sick and the month of December is really busy with my grandma's birthday and the holidays, I will probably not update until the end of the month.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 88.8K 38
-COMPLETED- After twenty-one years of a quiet, conservative lifestyle in the Gold Wind pack, Hana Hawthorne's world is flipped upside down. Change s...
35.5K 998 24
* Sutton's breath caught, almost like the room was suffocating her and the most intoxicating amazing smell flooded her nose the room became smaller w...
405K 14.6K 25
Cam has just gotten the title of Alpha for the Shadowed Grin pack. It is one of the most feared and yet well respected wolfpack's in the world. For y...
194K 7K 43
Note: This book will be revised soon. I will be adding and or deleting some scenes to work on the plot holes so please bear with me. ***** "Get the...