Nature Boy: Camp Cretaceous (...

By R3DSPADES

A 14 year old kid has been working with animals all his life. He had a troubled home life, especially with hi... More

Family (Brief Prolouge)
The Solitary Hunter
Raptor Wrangler
Camp Cretaceous
Secrets
The Cattle Drive
Things fall apart
Happy Birthday, Eddie!
Welcome to Jurassic World
Last Day of Camp
End of the Line
A Beacon of Hope
The Art of Chill
The Roaring Wind
Tree-top grazers
Feet on Fire
Sobbing Texas
Hotel Raptorfornia
I Need a Hunter
Surfin' Flames
Prehistoric Airlines
A Dino Run
Between a Lion and a Leopard
Fishing for Sucho's
The Watering Hole
Salvation
Arrow
Misguided
Step One
Chaos Theory
Family Matters or War
Duel of the Dinos
Fire Flavored Raptors
A Ravenslation (Non-Canon anymore)
Batter up! (Non-Canon Anymore)
The Tiger, the Ocelot, and the Jaguar (Non-Canon Anymore)
Hide & Seek, 65 million years ago (Non-Canon Anymore)
Sadistic Nature (Non-Canon Anymore)
History of the Ravens (Non-Canon Anymore)
"Welcome to the Jungle" (Non-Canon Anymore)
Indocisive (Non-Canon Anymore)
The Thagomizer Problem (Non-Canon Anymore)
The Wolf Pack (Non-Canon Anymore)
Gulity for being Selfish (Non-Canon Anymore)

Allo-ridin' on Nublar

954 38 1
By R3DSPADES

Today was a beautiful day, not much was going on at Camp Cretaceous. The sun wasn't burning the island with the fury of a Honey Badger, but instead it was a warm kindest. It would've been a day where Hunter could just relax or even explore the island, but he was forced by Brooklynn (he allowed her) to sit on the wooden stool the campers made and let her do whatever she wanted to with his hair.

Sammy had joined in, though she was more or less hanging out with the two while asking all kinds of questions. It was mostly directed towards Hunter, as Brooklynn focused on tying his hair into buns, ponytails, or even braids. His hair wasn't that long, but he still had that shaggy hair, something he was born with and never cared to change.

"Do you always keep you're hair long?," Sammy asked from the couch.

"Yeah, I don't look good in any other style, my mom tried to convince me that I looked good with my hair short, I looked like a gremlin," Hunter chuckled, Brooklynn gave him a gentle tug of his hair.

"You're moving too much," she complained.

"Sorry?"

"Not to be mean, but can you ever see? Because you're hair blocks you're eyes most of the time," Sammy stated, she was always enjoyed her conversations with Hunter, and he never cared on what question he was asked.

"I always get that question, but yes I can see perfectly fine," Hunter smiled and winced as a knot in his hair was pulled on accident.

"Sorry, but you have so much hair, and it's surprising soft," said Brooklynn absentmindedly.

"I don't know how but it always is."

"Yaz told me something about you're family, something about...the earth and wind or something?," Sammy asked.

"Oh that, yeah...the short version is just my family associates ourselves with the four natural elements," Hunter cleared his throat, "Anyone in my family will represent themself with an element, it's based on our personality and traits."

"For example: I am clever, flexible, adaptive, and very calm," Hunter waved his hand around in a circle, "Obviously there is more traits, but I am Water, which means I was born to the Jaguar—forgot to mention that each element has a Big cat that represents it."

"Sounds like something you're family would have," Brooklynn playfully added.

"Well yeah, it's been around for who knows how long, but we also allow others to use it if we respect them or they are a close friend," Hunter stated.

"Which one would I be? Oh I hope it's something really cool!," Sammy beamed at Hunter, which made him slightly nervous.

"You might not like my interpretation of it, so I'll just I think you represent Air," Hunter unconsciously went to scratch the back of his neck but his hand was gently swatted away by Brooklynn.

Hunter shook his hand, he didn't expect her slap to hurt that much for it being "gentle".

"Which cat is that one?," Sammy continued to beam at the dirty blond haired teen.

"It is the Leopard, which is actually the most 2nd most common element in the family," Hunter sighed with a hint of sadness.

"What's the matter with that?," Brooklynn asked before she started tying his hair again.

"The Fire element is the most common in my family, which is the Tiger, but most members with Fire were not that...considerate of others or anything for that matter." Hunter realized he made it sound like anyone who had fire were all bad, "Not everyone with fire was bad, it's only in my family that most were bad," Hunter added quickly.

"Which element do I represent than?," Brooklynn asked as she was almost finished tying his hair into a small ponytail, even if he allowed her to do it, it still pinched.

"Well obviously fire, you're determined, rebellious, you're becoming more fearless, and even you have to admit that you snap at others when they annoy you," Hunter laughed after getting a small smack on the head.

"Anyways, are you almost done? I have something to do soon," said Hunter nonchalantly.

"What in the world do you have to do on this island? There's nothing for you to really do!," Brooklynn exclaimed as she once again pulled his hair back, silently telling him to hold still.

"Didn't I tell you guys that I was taming—well trying to tame that female Allosaurus?" Hunter asked as if they forgotten.

"No you didn't tell us." The two said simultaneously.

"Oh, well, I've been doing that."

————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Hunter was about to leave the camp grounds until he heard Sammy call his name from behind.

"Hunter, can I come with you?," Sammy took in a deep breath, "I've always wanted to see you work in action! You play with the most dangerous creatures at you're sanctuary place! So I want to see how you get animals to like you so much!"

"I'll warn you, there hasn't been much progress."

The Texan and the Nature Boy set off into the jungle, finding the female Allosaurus would be a slight problem but Hunter can manage tracking it. She has been very aggressive lately, Darius and Hunter suspected her to be protecting something like another Allo or her eggs if she has any. So far, Hunter has not been able to find any of the suggested options.

Sammy kept asking him loads of questions again, most of his answers were approved or disapproved hums.

Hunter brought along the lasso he had made, well he had to make another one as the Allo sliced it into two from the last encounter they had.

Sammy was talking about her family in Texas before she bumped into Hunters outstretched arm, his whole body was stiffer than wood, and he staring directly ahead of them.

"Sammy, the tree behind us, climb it and stay there," Hunter quietly ordered as he slowly pulled the lasso over his body and into his hands.

"Is..is it the Allosaurus?," Sammy fearfully asked.

Hunter nodded and ushered her to move, he started spinning the lasso above him and waited for the Allo to reveal itself from the dense jungle in front of him. "Come on...don't be a coward—"

Just then the Allo rushed out of the jungle and towards Hunter. He waited until the last second to dodge, he went forward and threw the lasso around the Allo's lower jaw, he yanked it back as quickly as he could, causing the Allo to trip and swerve into the ground, making a crescent moon shape of dirt.

Hunter quickly ran up to the Allo, before it could get up Hunter had climbed onto its back and kept a firm hold on the lasso. The Allo stood up and roared, but it was cut short as Hunter yanked its lower jaw back, causing it to shut its jaws closed and pull its head back.

Hunter could tell that the look in the Allo's eyes meant she was hungry, so he'll have to prove himself to be a friend or just dominate the Allo, which even to him would be nearly impossible.

But he can try to persuade it.

Hunter hastily glanced around his surroundings and immediately thought of a plan when he saw a tall tree with a lot of vines hanging from it.

After minutes of thrashing around and being knocked off of the Allo's back, he managed to lean it towards the tree. Hunter quickly grabbed a few vines and pulled them down, smacking them against the Allo to annoy it, which then the Allo bites the vines and gets tangled in them. With quick succession if I might add.

Hunter groaned as he fell off of the Allo for the tenth time and rubbed the back of his head. He looked at the vines tangled around the Allo's legs and immediately thought of another plan, he scooped up the vines and circled around the tree, tying them into a knot, as tight as he could muster.

Before he turned around, he heard a large thud and the ground shake, turning around he saw the Allo had fallen onto its side and gave up. It was exhausted by now and it couldn't claw away the vines around its arms or legs, and it's head was tangled too.

Hunter sighed as he slowly slid against the tree and down onto his butt, at least he had time now.

He then heard Sammy, "Is it ok to come down now?"

"No! No it isn't! Just wait until I give you the signal! I have something I need to do real quick if I want the Allo to...somewhat trust me!," Hunter groaned and got up, after about 7-8 minutes of wrestling the Allo he was exhausted.

Hunter heard Sammy answer back with a ok, so he pulled his lasso off of the Allosaurus and started running off. What he was about to do is not against his morals, but he still felt sympathetic for the Gallimimus he is about to lure towards the Allosaurus.

Hunter arrived back about five minutes later, luring a Gallimimus with vegetation towards the Allo. When they got 20 feet away from the Allo, he gently tossed his lasso over the Galli's long neck and tied the rest of the lasso to the nearby tree.

Hunter sighed and placed the last of the vegetation on the ground in front of the Galli, turning it away from the Allo.

Hunter pulled out his knife and started cutting the vines apart, pushing them aside when he was done. Hopefully Sammy isn't watching, otherwise she'll tell the others and they'll think of him as this sadistic monster.

Hunter quickly climbed a tree and observed the Allo, it slowly got up and shook its head. It was tired and was still hungry, it noticed the Galli tied to the tree in front of it. The Allo stalked forward and hovered over the Gallimimus, it somehow didn't notice the massive predator just behind it.

The Allo pulled its head back and opened its jaws.

CRUNCH.

Hunter had looked away, he's done this many times with the predators at the sanctuary, but he's always felt a little shame letting an animal be killed like that. It's not against morals, because the animal is being eaten by another animal, which is the way nature intended it to do.

The Allo picked up the Galli in its jaws and started to leave, as it turned it noticed Hunter in the tree.

It looked away and continued its path back into the jungle, Hunter sighed and nearly fell out of the tree from the relief he felt.

Hunter got down from the tree and walked towards the tree Sammy was hiding in. "It's alright now! She's gone!" Hunter informed Sammy from below.

Sammy climbed out of the tree and landed in front of him, "That was amazing! You got to teach me you're tricks on bull riding!" Sammy beamed at him once again.

The two started walking back, Hunter shrugged as he stashed his hands in the pockets of his jacket.

"I'll never reveal my tricks, otherwise everyone could do what I can do," Hunter grinned.

"Oh, and that was Allo-riding, not bull riding."

The Allosaurus will not bother them anymore, Hunter may have earned its respect but how much of it is something he'll have to test. The problem will be a trio of old foes he has faced, who have recently made camp on the island of dinosaurs.

So how will he keep the dinosaurs safe...

————————————————————————————————————————————————————

A/N:Welp, that's it for this chapter.

I don't have anything to else say for now, but at least I can start Season 2 back up.

I'll see ya losers next time!

Next Chapter: The Watering Hole

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.3K 723 56
Masrani's niece, Y/N who's next in line to take over and his nephew, Luca, get VIP access to Camp Cretaceous along with 6 other people. One of them b...
2.2K 35 19
what if darius was different from every one else what if he had abilities of some fan favorite dinosaurs and a couple of shady companies coming for h...
16.3K 419 61
I know she's in pain, yet I can't help but stare at her. She looks like she's just calmly sleeping, dreaming about who knows what. And, even though...
34.4K 1.1K 24
❝Did you like it?❞ ❝Of course, I did! But I am almost certain I will have nightmares tonight...❞ Kiara Kon is the younger sister of Kenji Kon. The...